Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I did forget to mention that 3 holes is the optimum for me for flavor as well.
Same here, I loved it at 4 holes but after using the Velocity RDA for a bit I tried 3 holes on the Boreas to match the draw and since then I notice that 4 holes open diminishes the flavor yield

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm in the 3 hole camp. Although I sometimes open 4 holes and then restrict all 4 holes to like 3/4 open. Kind of does the same as 3 holes, but your juice control is a little more open.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried an old school spaced SS coil in temp control?
Boreas has a lot of air flow even with 3 holes open so I like the way TC gets it up to temp with hurricane force air flowing at the coil but caps the temp at what's best for the juice your running.

Worth a shot if you haven't tried it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Catfish is supposed to have the DNA 200 squonkers available next Friday, you may not hear from me for a while....I'm heading southwest after it arrives....Ecuador or bust.....:bliss::vino::bliss::vino:
You should grab more coils before you go (Im having another sale right now) :p Just playing, Im sure the amount you grabbed last time will set you up for atleast a year!

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made my first set of Full SS Aliens at the specs you guys wanted today, its easier then I was thinking it would be...
3 x 30g/40g Aliens

View attachment 51721
Looks great! I like using 30g for the cores. I usually do 36 wrap because 40 can get a little squirrely, but those look like what I've been messing around with. I know most people go for 26 cores on alien, but that's pretty hardcore in SS

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I made some Kanthal Alien in a size a bit smaller and the resistance of a 6 wrap was .33 Dual Coil lol At 55w they pump out some vapor! I plan on stuffing a set of similar size into ta Goblin Mini or a Derringer.
Oh goblin mini.... it was the first of a long line since, of tanks I have a deep love hate relationship with

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh goblin mini.... it was the first of a long line since, of tanks I have a deep love hate relationship with

As do I! I HATE how hard it is to build on and the space to build in...but I LOVE its overall size and density of flavor....I used to think of the Alleria the same way until I made everything smaller...Now Im rocking some Alien Framed Staples in the Alleria and the flavor couldnt be more charged.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
As do I! I HATE how hard it is to build on and the space to build in...but I LOVE its overall size and density of flavor....I used to think of the Alleria the same way until I made everything smaller...Now Im rocking some Alien Framed Staples in the Alleria and the flavor couldnt be more charged.
I think i use my alleria and my conquerer more than any other tanks. Flavor for days. I'm spoiled for choice, and I love the flavor on stuff like the goblin mini, the moonshot, etc, but they're just such a hassle. I left some twisted ss ribbon in the goblin mini for months just because I didn't want to look at that damn build deck...

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Story of my life.

Shut up and take my money. (If you know where this is from, you're special. Like Special K special. If you know where that is from, you have no life like me. High five.)
Futurama and Family Guy respectively. (Sorry I thought I replied already, but realised I hadn't. Blonde moment...)

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard it makes you go blind
Ooh and hairy palms! Don't forget that! The Sin Police made bullshit propaganda then and still do now. Be it masturbation, xxxxxx madness or Vaping, they will try to scare the shit out of those that don't know better to further their "high and mighty" agenda.

Fuck them.
(•̀ᴗ•́)

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, everyone,

I have a Boreas coming and was wondering if anyone has tried a notch coil in it.
Does it fit?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You can fit in a notch coil if you tilt it slightly, but I don't recommend it unless you just cannot make / cannot get access to fused or staple clapton wire. The notch coil is, a bad thing in my opinion. It's not suited for high wattage, it doesn't give as good of flavor as a real clapton and it makes you use rebuildable stuff without actually building anything. In the event of a FDA doomsday, notch coils could royally fuck you.

But yes, despite all that, if you tilt it, it will fit.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can fit in a notch coil if you tilt it slightly, but I don't recommend it unless you just cannot make / cannot get access to fused or staple clapton wire. The notch coil is, a bad thing in my opinion. It's not suited for high wattage, it doesn't give as good of flavor as a real clapton and it makes you use rebuildable stuff without actually building anything. In the event of a FDA doomsday, notch coils could royally fuck you.

But yes, despite all that, if you tilt it, it will fit.
+1

Same applies to the ceramic coils

VU Sponsors