Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now if they would just make a 30mm Boreas (and I'd have to buy another shitload of O-rings)............................................I'll go broke buying a few of those!

Seriously, I can't get the same intense pure flavor with my other tanks.....close with the Griffin 25, but the Boreas ALWAYS beats it......just wish I could afford a few more........just in case........

Also my wicking will last at least two weeks in the Boreas before the wicking and coils get too gummed up and flavor falls way off..............I only get a few days with the Griffin and a few others, the coils gunk up fairly quickly & flavor drops off rapidly with them..........both using the same exact size build of SS Clapton coils and cotton, and same loose & fluffy wicking.............Not the Boreas, it gives off good flavor up until the coils gunk so bad that it starts throwing the mod out of TC (if it wasn't for that I could most likely get another few days out of them).........just burn off the coils and gunk, re-wick them and I'm good for another couple of weeks......of hard vaping, some days I suck through 2 tankfuls......

They've already caused me to start buying VG by the gallon instead of quarts.......
I've had the same coils in one of my Boreas tank for (4) months..... But it's *SS316*L it doesn't rust every couple of weeks I burn it hot and run under water and after a couple of times they come out perfect...... I tighten the grub screws and rewick...... I'm just a cheap bastart...... And if they are (4) core alien coils they are tough......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had the same coils in one of my Boreas tank for (4) months..... But it's *SS316*L it doesn't rust every couple of weeks I burn it hot and run under water and after a couple of times they come out perfect...... I tighten the grub screws and rewick...... I'm just a cheap bastart...... And if they are (4) core alien coils they are tough......

Mine are at least 3 months and going.............I did switch to the smaller hole deck as the 100+ temps were causing an issue now and then when running around outside with the tank,,,,normally didn't have any real leaking with the larger holed deck....till the weather went hot.......then a small drop or two if layed at an angle...now and then.

So I just burned and cleaned the other deck, re-wicked it, put it in a zip bag......................waiting for cooler weather to break it back out, same older coils...........

Cheap is my Middle name......................

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooooohhhh.........my bank account is going to feel the pain.......................

Your shitting me.....right?
It has been a very successful tank, right they probably made 10,000 tanks.... And the 30mm market is booming..... Hard to find good 30mm tanks under $50 to $70.00 .... This means it makes the seller good money......

Roxy has been awol for a while, I'm pretty sure it's coming..... If you have possibility to create a Boreas 30mm and if you are the designer "Roxy" and you don't take advantage of a market..... You know how many Boreas cocksuckers who own one would jump on a "30mm Boreas rta" ????? Ha that fucker is coming.......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 30mm Boreas is coming.......

Ooooohhhh.........my bank account is going to feel the pain.......................

Your shitting me.....right?

It has been a very successful tank, right they probably made 10,000 tanks.... And the 30mm market is booming..... Hard to find good 30mm tanks under $50 to $70.00 .... This means it makes the seller good money......

Roxy has been awol for a while, I'm pretty sure it's coming..... If you have possibility to create a Boreas 30mm and if you are the designer "Roxy" and you don't take advantage of a market..... You know how many Boreas cocksuckers who own one would jump on a "30mm Boreas rta" ????? Ha that fucker is coming.......

No 30mm Boreas and also remember even if they wanted to it's after the 8th of August 2016.

If you want a 30mm Boreas, get a Modfather.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure Augvape made an official statement that they will be closing shop due to the new regs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure Augvape made an official statement that they will be closing shop due to the new regs.

Not sure why they would.............the Chinese Market is as big or bigger than ours......I thought they were in China, their production is anyway...

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is what Augvape had to say on there facebook acct:

Augvape
May 13 ·
Gregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association trade group, says he is cautiously optimistic that Congress or the court system will push the FDA’s predicate date back from 2007, the cause of the potential industrywide calamity.
Even if it get passed,I don't think we can stay in this business.The development team cost too much.And we won't be able to release new product.Big company will get through this though.

https://www.facebook.com/Augvape/

Roxy also confirmed somewhere that she is no longer designing for Augvape.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They are still on Facebook, they came out with the Gragas box mod. Other than that, I don't know.
Sounds to me like they're just tentatively waiting to see what will happen. But I don't know. Lots if other companies are just churning out new products right and left

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Most sales are probably coming directly from China....... You think the FDA is going to control import items from China ?..... Never !!!! The shit that's coming from over there is probably 50% of our economic goods........

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Most sales are probably coming directly from China....... You think the FDA is going to control import items from China ?..... Never !!!! The shit that's coming from over there is probably 50% of our economic goods........

Listen, as a life long Nyer and a bar owner that survived the smoking ban here nothing this corrupt government does surprises me. I love my country but I fear my government. They are capable of terrible atrocities given enough time and resources.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of these companies are scammers in a way..... For example Augvape will announce they are closing all of a sudden they sell 90% of their inventory and the reinvestment they stock up again and or rename the company Augvape II Inc......

Specially these Chinese no control communist countries...... They can do uncontrollable crazy crap.....

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My only concern with Augvape is, is this all the stock available? Are they actually still producing? Is the available stock of the Boreas, Merlin, and Alleria all thats left? So wish Roxy was still active. She would know.

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Listen, as a life long Nyer and a bar owner that survived the smoking ban here nothing this corrupt government does surprises me. I love my country but I fear my government. They are capable of incredible stupidity in the name of corporate profit given enough time and resources.

Fixed it for you!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I remember reading a Augvape statement release saying they are stopping production on the Boreas. Once the Boreas on the market are sold. No more. They could have changed there mind since then but they did say that. There is actually a link and conversation about it in this thread a ways back.

Shorevaper

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I saw a review on a 30 mm tank made by vapergate its called the mason dumptank . Ambitonz vaper has a review on it he said its better flavor than the modfather 30 mm and don't leek has airflow control also. Just FYI don't shoot the messenger .

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a review on a 30 mm tank made by vapergate its called the mason dumptank . Ambitonz vaper has a review on it he said its better flavor than the modfather 30 mm and don't leek has airflow control also. Just FYI don't shoot the messenger .
The Mason Dumptank comes in two sizes, 30mm and 40mm.

Both of my Modfathers that I have in my regular rotation I have zero issues with leaking, that and it does have AFC.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They should call it the Humptank to appeal to weirdos who like the so horney atty

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think they were going for the visual of just "dumping" a bottle of juice in there.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I remember reading a Augvape statement release saying they are stopping production on the Boreas. Once the Boreas on the market are sold. No more. They could have changed there mind since then but they did say that. There is actually a link and conversation about it in this thread a ways back.

Hope they will still make it............if the larger companies get control of the majority of the market we will just get a bunch a even cheaper...higher priced "shit" for tanks as they'll be dumping more money in the politician's pockets to pay to do business...........

Let's face it............politician's like lots of money.................Kinda a B & H thing you know, Pay to Play. Works for the "Arkansasyer Bonnie & Clyde" Bunch...........then soon they'll claim the different color tanks are "Racist" and there goes the farm.............

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My only concern with Augvape is, is this all the stock available? Are they actually still producing? Is the available stock of the Boreas, Merlin, and Alleria all thats left? So wish Roxy was still active. She would know.

I know my production numbers on the Boreas are getting higher...... From 0112 to 1220 to 3598 to and last 6543.....

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Order a couple more Manny...I think you need to verify this rising serial number theory of yours! ;)

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I got my autographed edition Boreas tank from Roxy!!! Very stoked. I covered her signature just in case since I'm not sure what the rules are. Anyways I can't wait to try this bad boy out. Tomorrow my Modfather should arrive.
282a0778efc402439d69af004cba3ba0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I got my autographed edition Boreas tank from Roxy!!! Very stoked. I covered her signature just in case since I'm not sure what the rules are. Anyways I can't wait to try this bad boy out. Tomorrow my Modfather should arrive.

:stars:Where did you get your Modfather?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They actually want a damn photo ID to buy the Modfather. Ridiculous! Guess I could use my fake one. Unbelievable.
Anything you buy now requires photo ID, FDA regulations.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man hella freakin tiny to build on. LMAO. I guess that's what happens when you're used to building on 30mm RDAs. I've never owned anything small like this.
c1727c0736cbe11002964b5daaa170da.jpg
44c42ff4614a377a5c030baecb7f6356.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man hella freakin tiny to build on. LMAO. I guess that's what happens when you're used to building on 30mm RDAs. I've never owned anything small like this.
c1727c0736cbe11002964b5daaa170da.jpg
44c42ff4614a377a5c030baecb7f6356.jpg

Oh you get used to it. I build on some small decks. Goblin mini, Crown RBA deck, Freakshow Mini. Smallest I've built on to date is an RBA deck for the Nautilus mini, now that deck is a real pain in the ass ;)

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh you get used to it. I build on some small decks. Goblin mini, Crown RBA deck, Freakshow Mini. Smallest I've built on to date is an RBA deck for the Nautilus mini, now that deck is a real pain in the ass ;)

Yup time to adjust! Most likely I'll have all the air flow opened since I'm used to big chuff delrin caps. Hehehe
13f1fb9e93ca1c8149cc3dab5dcb7cdd.jpg

cd0f56711264ecde2068d74f62110075.jpg

Hopefully this is enough cotton for it.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I'm lovin it! Not as an intense flavor, but I have to remember this is an rta and not an rda. Had to close some air holes since if I leave them all open it whistles. Hahaha so far no leakage. Love how it looks with my Reuleaux. The base I find heats up real quick at the exterior. Not sure if this should be a concern cause of my settings as shown below.
08652ec6e43246087b1a6d2f877e4fec.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Nice......

VU Sponsors