Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will get flavor after a couple of days when the wick and coils are broken in..... The flavor is excellent for such a lie cost tank and clouds rock....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Man hella freakin tiny to build on. LMAO. I guess that's what happens when you're used to building on 30mm RDAs. I've never owned anything small like this.
c1727c0736cbe11002964b5daaa170da.jpg
44c42ff4614a377a5c030baecb7f6356.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You haven't seen small, when I opened up the Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme Lite rdta I was like :eek: its so tiny, the deck that is.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rayon wicking tips for this anyone? I watched a video yesterday and wicked it and it was leaking out of the airholes once opened. I have a few more YT videos downloaded to watch but hoping someone here could give a few pointers.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rayon wicking tips for this anyone? I watched a video yesterday and wicked it and it was leaking out of the airholes once opened. I have a few more YT videos downloaded to watch but hoping someone here could give a few pointers.
I built it with a single coil as Roxy has pictured on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I made sure it was tight in the coil, until you can hear a squeak & if you push on the wick at the edge of the coil with something pointy there is no gap. Then I fluffed the wick ends removing extra bulk towards the middle & end of the wicks & cut then tucked under. It doesn't leak & seems ok. I haven't built dual coils yet on it.

I too wanted to know how to wick properly with rayon but I couldn't find any vids, I was thinking if I wick it according to rayon guidelines it would leak so I tried the above & it works but I don't know if it's the best method. Hopefully others will chime in.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I built it with a single coil as Roxy has pictured on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I made sure it was tight in the coil, until you can hear a squeak & if you push on the wick at the edge of the coil with something pointy there is no gap. Then I fluffed the wick ends removing extra bulk towards the middle & end of the wicks & cut then tucked under. It doesn't leak & seems ok. I haven't built dual coils yet on it.

I too wanted to know how to wick properly with rayon but I couldn't find any vids, I was thinking if I wick it according to rayon guidelines it would leak so I tried the above & it works but I don't know if it's the best method. Hopefully others will chime in.

How's the taste with Rayon compared to regular cotton?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How's the taste with Rayon compared to regular cotton?
I am a convert to rayon, at the other place I follow a great thread with rayon started by jeremyr I love it, haven't used cotton since. The taste is better, the longevity of the wicks phenomenal! I used to rewick with cotton every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, now maybe a month or longer. Go check it out.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

thanks, I think I just used too thick/long of tails this time. I only started rta's recently and quickly shifted to rayon so I have issues the first time or two I try wicking a new tank (I got a lot of rta's in the stash I stocked up on) until I figure each tank out.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You will get flavor after a couple of days when the wick and coils are broken in..... The flavor is excellent for such a lie cost tank and clouds rock....

Good to know. The more I vape on it the better it gets. Second day and I'm starting to notice the flavor getting better. I think the vcmt tank has prepared me for these types of tanks. Hope it holds well today. I put a band on the glass to protect it at work today.

904db9ba138d6e0521c11d9823f5996c.jpg

You haven't seen small, when I opened up the Steamcrave Aromamizer Supreme Lite rdta I was like :eek: its so tiny, the deck that is.

Thanks for letting me know since I'll be adding that to my do not get list. You and Rocco gave me a good starting list since the Boreas will be the only unit I'd get for the smallest deck I can tolerate. I like to build big which is why the pieces I own are usually in the 30mm or bigger range.

advancedvapesupply

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good to know. The more I vape on it the better it gets. Second day and I'm starting to notice the flavor getting better. I think the vcmt tank has prepared me for these types of tanks. Hope it holds well today. I put a band on the glass to protect it at work today.

904db9ba138d6e0521c11d9823f5996c.jpg

Thanks for letting me know since I'll be adding that to my do not get list. You and Rocco gave me a good starting list since the Boreas will be the only unit I'd get for the smallest deck I can tolerate. I like to build big which is why the pieces I own are usually in the 30mm or bigger range.

Modfather..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I opened the Modfather box, I said to myself....... She looked like my Boreas tanks Godmother !!!!! My Boreas tanks started dancing when they saw their mom come home...... And they started crying for MO juice...
uploadfromtaptalk1471549400760.jpeg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The modfather is worth every cent..... We you hold it in your hand you will see why it's priced that way....... It's nice and it kinda looks like a Boreas..

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's not forget performance..... People pay more for a Ferrari and a Lamborghini right....... Performance !

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's beautiful, it's amazingly built, The engravings, The shape, the decks, The amount of juice, The clouds, The air flow and af control, the weight, the drip tip, the TOP cap, ease of filling, it's bad ass to the bone !!!! The price is nothing when you unpack it and take out of the box....... You will know why you paid for it ....
uploadfromtaptalk1471758978242.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Modfather may be an amazing tank but let's be honest, it is not beautiful to look at, pedestrian at best.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Modfather may be an amazing tank but let's be honest, it is not beautiful to look at, pedestrian at best.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
She is beautiful...... Just like the Boreas....... I guess the way she performs makes her look even better...... She's what we call a butter face.......

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
She is beautiful...... Just like the Boreas....... I guess the way she performs makes her look even better...... She's what we call a butter face.......

I told you that you'd like it ;)
Manny....the modfather seems to have sold out at most stores already, glad I found one....says they have three left....might buy another before the night is over......:D
Yeah I've got 3, 1 black and 2 SS. With the FDA Apocalypse upon us I highly recommend getting another. I also recommend the Short kit and series deck. If you like postless decks I recommend picking that one also.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I told you that you'd like it ;)

Yeah I've got 3, 1 black and 2 SS. With the FDA Apocalypse upon us I highly recommend getting another. I also recommend the Short kit and series deck. If you like postless decks I recommend picking that one also.

Rosco, you have the postless deck?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had one with a 2800 mah in series..... Nice box but Vaping at 125 watts...... She lasted about (6) hours.... If I didn't chain Vape I got (8) hours...... You'll love it..... Better than the 2250mah...... You will love the Modfather for real.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will love the damb thing...... I rebuilt mine today with dual ni80..... 4mm aliens 7 wrap ohming at .18 the clouds at 80 watts are 911 phone call from the neighbors guaranteed.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am interested in that 30mm, the black pewter looks real nice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it, the ladies are gonna be like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT :D
I didn't want another Modfather, so this was a good choice, I saw a video on YouTube on the 30mm and said why not the 40mm nice conversation piece....... And the ladies of course....... They thing is hugheeeeee.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did want another Modfather in black, but the Modfather is so hard to get....... I mean hard...... Inspects got lucky finding one. ... Because they are very hard to find..... No shit !!!!!!!!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I did want another Modfather in black, but the Modfather is so hard to get....... I mean hard...... Inspects got lucky finding one. ... Because they are very hard to find..... No shit !!!!!!!!

Check out the link I posted, they have a SS in Stock

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can find everything here. I couldn't find another set of decks and kits from US sites so I ordered from here for my FDA Apocalypse stash.

http://www.vapegeek.co.uk/searchquick-submit.sc?keywords=Modfather+

Thanks Rosco....just bought another Modfather and a postless deck from the Mad Modder.

After reading the FDA attorneys response to Nicopure's lawsuit it doesn't look very good for our future...stockup like hell while we still can.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Rosco....just bought another Modfather and a postless deck from the Mad Modder.

After reading the FDA attorneys response to Nicopure's lawsuit it doesn't look very good for our future...stockup like hell while we still can.
I've got enough rat holed away to last a lifetime and then some! I've put a number of things on hold the last few months just to stock pile as much as possible.

VU Sponsors