Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
6420f6c855125dcd8b161fc54b57a68f.jpg
$25 dollar DT? Nice combo bro

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BY NO MEANS AM I SAYING I BELIEVE THIS MAN'S CLAIMS.

Someone just sent me this on Reddit.

"Hey man, just read your reply, very nice! I'm one of the Beta Testers for the Supreme and the tank you tested is actually the fourth design. When BJ first sought out to design a new creation, one of the engineers quit Steam Crave and went to another company. Right when we were working on the third design, the Boreas was released. A couple of members of Steam Crave, whom we were working with, told us the story, and how it was almost a direct reproduction of the first design. We were all in shock, but not surprised. But that's ok.... like I said in my post, there's a reason why it was scrapped.... and one video reviewer showed the reason, unbeknownst to him.... it leaks. The Supreme is a result of a grand effort.... Steam Crave's customers..... what you hold in your hand is what I affectionately call "the people's atty"..... customers talked, Steam Crave listened, and eight testers with various backgrounds scrutinized it to the final product.... And even now, after the production release, the testers are STILL hard at it.... The Supreme is truly a "labour of love"..... I'm not worried about the Boreas, water (or e-liquid) seeks it's own level..... The Boreas, the Hastur and the Bellus can all sit quietly in a room together..... the Supreme reigns supreme, it has an army backing it.... ;-)

Cheers!"

I've seen the leaked steamcrave design with my own two eyes and I'm not shocked at how 'similar' it ISN'T to the Boreas. My Boreas doesn't even leak, and this guy kinda seems like a butthurt fanboy and he's full of shit. This was a PM to my reddit account in response to a comment I made stating I did not believe Roxy stole her design. Roxy, I have no idea why people are all uppity over this.
A BUNCH OF Cry babies....
Don't hate steam crave
Competition is good for buying COSTUMERS
IS BJ a she?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, you have my word none of us saw a Supreme until they announced it, which was like a day before we did. I did see posts from their testers because you can't give people test attys, swear them to secrecy, and expect them to actually keep their mouths shut. But, what I saw wasn't even close to Boreas or their final (surprise!) product. I don't think I believe there were 4 prototypes either. The leaks I saw all seemed to be the same. And it was very different from what they finally produced, 22.5ml, no jfc. I don't remember what else may have been posted. I thought it was the replacement for the Aromamizer.

I don't see any resemblance between the Serpent and Alleria. Crius type deck, yeah, it does. So does the Griiffin, Billow v3, Gemini. Hell, all 3 of those are closer to the Crius. And none remind me of the Serpent ?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do not see any activity from the Retarded1 either so have some changes been implemented over there? I bet Roxy tells them take their forum and shove it!

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Single coil tanks don't need huge decks, do they?
I hope not !
small chamber small coil for flavor . so the deck will be smaller .
it should not be like sucking on a 4 barrel carburetor !
probably the next question will ask if it will take a 6 coil claptons ??
jes I know I can build inserts , that's what I am doing for the boreas
it should not be nessesary for a dedicated single coil atty.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I hope not !
small chamber small coil for flavor . so the deck will be smaller .
it should not be like sucking on a 4 barrel carburetor !
probably the next question will ask if it will take a 6 coil claptons ??
jes I know I can build inserts , that's what I am doing for the boreas
it should not be nessesary for a dedicated single coil atty.

I really do have to stop posting info. We've been forced to change things because I have stupidly posted and given other companies ideas. Please try to be understanding because otherwise we will have to redo it again.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really do have to stop posting info. We've been forced to change things because I have stupidly posted and given other companies ideas. Please try to be understanding because otherwise we will have to redo it again.

They will just purchase a sample and reverse engineer if they want it bad enough. It is that good that is why they try to copy....... :bomb:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
They will just purchase a sample and reverse engineer if they want it bad enough. It is that good that is why they try to copy....... :bomb:

If they do it after us, fine. Not before, or at the same time though. We don't want another Supreme type issue.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
vaped my boreas all weekend. it's been great. flavor and vapor for days! i am still getting some leaking on refills. i seem to have plenty of wicking material on the deck and close off my afc/jfc ring when filling. when i open my air holes (3 holes) i usually get a good 10 drops worth of eliquid coming out of the air holes.

is this happening to anyone else? i might start bottom filling

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
roxy !
I understand that you cant let out any details out ! and did not see any at all from you where it would help anybody to build it .
copyers don't need ideas ..they would not know what to do with it . they need factory specs to copy . and that's what happens all the time with clones . just let us know once in a while that it is still in the works.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
vaped my boreas all weekend. it's been great. flavor and vapor for days! i am still getting some leaking on refills. i seem to have plenty of wicking material on the deck and close off my afc/jfc ring when filling. when i open my air holes (3 holes) i usually get a good 10 drops worth of eliquid coming out of the air holes.

is this happening to anyone else? i might start bottom filling

Are you opening the afc/jfc while inverted so air can escape?

roxy !
I understand that you cant let out any details out ! and did not see any at all from you where it would help anybody to build it .
copyers don't need ideas ..they would not know what to do with it . they need factory specs to copy . and that's what happens all the time with clones . just let us know once in a while that it is still in the works.

Some of the little details I posted were taken and used by 2 other companies. They are all reading everything we post. It's not necessarily specs, just ideas.

So some of the delay is actually my fault. I honestly did not realize just how much spies were paying attention to forum members.

But, we've had to keep changing things, partly due to me, and partly probable coincidence. So from now on I should not post about new attys until they are final. It's hard. I get excited. Others are excited to know what's coming. I was a little naive though.

We worked on the now necessary changes (again) until 4am this morning, then from 9am until past noon. So if I shut up, hopefully Merlin will exist very soon :)

gfdeputy2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
roxy !
Mine leaked slightly too but has stopped I now turn upside down for about 30 seconds with the AFC open then close while still inverted turn over fill let sit for about 30 seconds then open the AFC again take a quick vape off it. I may get a couple small drops but more like condensation drops (very tiny)

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you opening the afc/jfc while inverted so air can escape?

i thought i was. maybe not. i still think i am gonna go back to bottom filling. i have 3 top fill tanks now. all have been wicked different ways, and all 3 leak after filling. the other two top fill tanks i have do not have JFC. as of now, i haven't found top fill to be very good. they aren't leaking a ton. just a little juice seepage through the air holes/slots.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
4th day with the boreas
I only fill it when it's OUT OF JUICE I don't top it off, you have to remember that the deck is supersaturated....when I feel like it's about to dry, that's when I top fill
All the way to the top, close the top cap halfway while AFC/JFC SHUT
THEN I FLIP IT, I let the extra juice on the deck drip out, when it stop, I flip it back up while closing the top cap 100%,then open just one hole, BUBBLES!!!! When the bubbles stop I open one more hole, at this point you don't see bubbles... This how I fill the BOREAS, no leaks no drips, you just have to find a way that works for you...
Or read the manual...

VAPE IT

Last edited:

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey guys! :nothingtoadd:

Haha, only kidding! I've read this thread from page 1-36, a lot of good stuff in here. I was led onto the Boreas by Light seeker who has been helping me with the wicking of my Griffin. I really do like my Griffin and am not going to give up on it, but I'm tired of my Crown and want to sell it. Want a few more RBA's for if/when the vapocalypse happens so I'm not dependent on stock coils by then. Also want to try claptons, but I fear my building skills aren't close to there as of yet! Only have made 3 builds so far, and they were a 26ga Kanthal A1 7/6 wrap with a 3mm ID reading at 0.50-0.55 ohms.

I'm glad to read that the o-rings shouldn't be a problem anymore, and I only hope I get this check in before Subsupply runs out of stock! I really love the design of this tank, juice capacity, how it'll look on my RX200, and how easy people are saying it wicks as I think I'm a bit wick impaired. I've been using Geisha cotton, and have some UD organic on hand as well. After reading so much here and other places though, I'm really thinking of getting that big ol' box of rayon; is it truly that superior to cotton? Also, when wicking the Boreas, do you simply tuck in the cotton on the base of the deck like you would an RDA?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey guys! :nothingtoadd:

Haha, only kidding! I've read this thread from page 1-36, a lot of good stuff in here. I was led onto the Boreas by Light seeker who has been helping me with the wicking of my Griffin. I really do like my Griffin and am not going to give up on it, but I'm tired of my Crown and want to sell it. Want a few more RBA's for if/when the vapocalypse happens so I'm not dependent on stock coils by then. Also want to try claptons, but I fear my building skills aren't close to there as of yet! Only have made 3 builds so far, and they were a 26ga Kanthal A1 7/6 wrap with a 3mm ID reading at 0.50-0.55 ohms.

I'm glad to read that the o-rings shouldn't be a problem anymore, and I only hope I get this check in before Subsupply runs out of stock! I really love the design of this tank, juice capacity, how it'll look on my RX200, and how easy people are saying it wicks as I think I'm a bit wick impaired. I've been using Geisha cotton, and have some UD organic on hand as well. After reading so much here and other places though, I'm really thinking of getting that big ol' box of rayon; is it truly that superior to cotton? Also, when wicking the Boreas, do you simply tuck in the cotton on the base of the deck like you would an RDA?

Yep, just tuck your wick tails like an RDA, making sure they cover the juice feed holes.

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Chinacat......@raymo2u makes some dandy coils at really good prices, hopefully he will see your post about Clapton coils.

I think you'll be really pleased with the coils be makes.

I truly hope I can get some from him then! I saw the pictures he posted of the claptons he made for another poster and they look like beauts!

I want to buy some more wire, a 100ft spool, but I can't seem to find a reliable source of saying where to buy it from. I've been told of Temco but they don't sell SS as far as I can tell. I like the idea of having the option to use my wire in power & TC mode! I also hear that it has superior flavor when compared to Kanthal.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've found a heat gun (or even a hair dryer) is an excellent way to dry off your washed devices. Just make sure any o-rings or easily meltable pieces are removed beforehand.

Last edited:

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Do the Dew! I just use a paper towel to dry mine, by the time the coils are in or the cotton is prepped it's fully dry.

F

fckaugust8th

OK! I'm ordering the Boreas too! Thanks a bunch, my vaping budged was spent on the 5th of April, now I'm spending the May budget!
I e-mailed CS at VaporDNA and asked them why they don't have the Boreas and Alleria. Let's see their reply!

Last edited by a moderator:

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
OK1 I'm ordering the Boreas too! Thanks a bunch, my vaping budged was spent on the 5th of April, now I'm spending the May budget!
I e-mailed CS at VaporDNA and asked them why they don't have the Boreas and Alleria. Let's see their reply!

Please post again with their reply, I'm curious too, I've used VaporDNA multiple times!

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
OK1 I'm ordering the Boreas too! Thanks a bunch, my vaping budged was spent on the 5th of April, now I'm spending the May budget!
You won’t be sorry, it’s a vape purchase that has no buyers’ remorse.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Forecast

Clouds and Flavor!

Damn Roxy! You hit it out of the park on this one.

I'm gonna have to go down to 3mg nic. :D
OMG You sir are a trooper! Im not crazy enough to use 6mg+ on these builds....Last time I did the ceiling was swinging and I went to bed shortly after. Also you should grab some Cotton Bacon V2 or Nativewicks Cotton...vaping is wonderful when there isnt a "break in" period.

VU Sponsors