Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I would love to be able to buy just a black AFC ring. Black on chrome is a nice look.
Just have two Tank's then mix and match.

c22146cb5fd915dd2b5a8e87ebb43ce8.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some were just fine. Both of mine were.

If you need some, let me know. I bought 100 for people.

MMM my first one two o-rings were busted on both the decks, you up for a trade?

I remember earlier in the thread you mentioned just going with basic SS instead of Clapton. I can spin you up some Fused Clapton wire for a few O-Rings. Anything from 28x2/32 317L SS to 34x2/40 316L SS.

Make a trade?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
MMM my first one two o-rings were busted on both the decks, you up for a trade?

I remember earlier in the thread you mentioned just going with basic SS instead of Clapton. I can spin you up some Fused Clapton wire for a few O-Rings. Anything from 28x2/32 317L SS to 34x2/40 316L SS.

Make a trade?

Sure! I'll PM you.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On my second full day with this thing and I cant get enough of it! Totally neglecting my drippers now. Not one issue with anything. Its put together really well. Only thing that happened was when my dumbass unscrewed the top cap with the juice flow wide open lol, twice!

View attachment 46823

That is as bad as forgetting to open the JC on a tank. I know I just did. Vaping, getting dry hits, little flavor, then a burned hit. Going what the hell... Look JC is closed on the tank I am currently using. DOH!

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Love that leather mod. Nice seeing the inner workings and gives me hope that I won't screw it up. My plan was to modify a Gameboy case to let me drop one of my mods inside, but after getting the case and seeing the inside, well it won't be pretty trying to modify it. But, I could very easily get the guts of a mod into the case, and that'd be pretty damn cool.
just make sure you use a good 510 connector lava tube got some decent ones .
thanks for commenting .

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is as bad as forgetting to open the JC on a tank. I know I just did. Vaping, getting dry hits, little flavor, then a burned hit. Going what the hell... Look JC is closed on the tank I am currently using. DOH!
lol, thats whats nice with the Boreas. Juice flow and air is together, if its closed you cant even pull on it.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like it wide open, too.

I guess I'm not a tootle puffer anymore. However, I still plan to help them with their gear, and hopefully in designing gear for them.
Yea, coming straight off of a Velocity that I ran wide open to this was easy. I did wonder about the smaller tip because I got so use to the Velocity sized one but, I don't mind it one bit. Its a nice tip!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, coming straight off of a Velocity that I ran wide open to this was easy. I did wonder about the smaller tip because I got so use to the Velocity sized one but, I don't mind it one bit. Its a nice tip!
You guys like big tips

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I spent the day gutting the DNA200 board, screen, lipo and buttons out of the SDNA200 V2 and transferring them into a 3D printed enclosure I designed on the fly with a Varitube 510. Jesus christ, the board has never failed me but the mods always tank. Hopefully the Efusion Duo 1,300mah 3S / 2S 18650 is a good one. 510 seems sturdy, so there's always that.

I put my first framed staple build ever in the Boreas today and it's rocking out angrily, 200W on a .32 build and I'm loving every second of it. Such thick coils. Had to use a 3mm screwdriver instead of a 3.5mm the wire was so thick, but it vapes amazingly.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Is there any real benefit to making the outer wraps 'alien' other than the aesthetics of it? I figured MAYBE the waves in the outer wraps could cause the coils themselves to hold a little more juice, I don't know. Never done aliens.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Is there any real benefit to making the outer wraps 'alien' other than the aesthetics of it? I figured MAYBE the waves in the outer wraps could cause the coils themselves to hold a little more juice, I don't know. Never done aliens.
Wicking Properties my friend...and juice in pockets and crevices offer different rates of which the juice vaporizes.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wicking Properties my friend...and juice in pockets and crevices offer different rates of which the juice vaporizes.
You have me like a kid wishing for Santa to arrive, while waiting for the "Raymo Coils" mailman......:)

Never tried a clapton coil, I'm really thrilled I'll be using the best I've ever seen....!

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may live in infamy on the other place as possibly causing the biggest shitstorm ever :D And all I wanted to do was give people a nice tank. The road to hell really is paved with good intentions.
More likely the road to good intentions is paved with devils..............................

VU Sponsors