Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You're just showing off that box. And it works for me. But what up with that worn spot top right. I requested an internal view previous post to see how they routed the 510 and other wiring with the 1300mah size battery and if you don't want to/can't show I understand. But that's a beauty...

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Har har, had an impulse to buy one till I went to the bookface page and had to join a group to just to inquire. Fuck that. And I'm guessing that worn spot is not a natural wear and aging patina lol....cough cough, pasted on computer generated simulated wood :sneaka:

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You're just showing off that box. And it works for me. But what up with that worn spot top right. I requested an internal view previous post to see how they routed the 510 and other wiring with the 1300mah size battery and if you don't want to/can't show I understand. But that's a beauty...
I must have missed your post sorry, I just got the box today and couldn't take pictures until I had it, it's a 2800mah not 1300mah. The worn spot is the wood grain and light, I'll put a close-up of the panel.
2.jpg 1.jpg
3.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Har har, had an impulse to buy one till I went to the bookface page and had to join a group to just to inquire. Fuck that. And I'm guessing that worn spot is not a natural wear and aging patina lol....cough cough, pasted on computer generated simulated wood :sneaka:
It is made from solid laminated Beachwood and the door is made from African Mahogany. You can see the box that is used here. Cough cough REAL WOOD.
5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited:

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my black one in a couple days ago, loving it. No busted o-rings on this one, so I'm happy!

Mixed both together, love the looks

1c4a3c6af63c8d26eb77aa034304b1bc.jpg

Also have to brag about the # of my SS one

69c3eb6a8944b69d530a841951ba4f84.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my black one in a couple days ago, loving it. No busted o-rings on this one, so I'm happy!

Mixed both together, love the looks

1c4a3c6af63c8d26eb77aa034304b1bc.jpg

Also have to brag about the # of my SS one

69c3eb6a8944b69d530a841951ba4f84.jpg

Really a nice looking setup....!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I just bought an Efusion DNA200 1,300mah / 2S 18650 Duo and I must say the Boreas sitting on this mod is one hell of a complement, the Boreas looks sexy on everything.

Also, is it pronounced Bore-ay-us or Bore-ee-us? I've been saying Bore-ay-us, like the ancient deity.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really BOREAS
Did you say 110 watts... Been VAPING for years now, I never thought I will vape over 65 watts in a TANK!!
Geezuz I never even vape 80 watts on a dripper... You a bad BOREAS!! I'm fucking serious you bad tank!!

VAPE IT

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I watched those both today. I do quad builds in the Aromamizers, and that's the best flavor I ever got from them. My next build in Boreas will be a quad. Going to need some freaking power though using Claptons.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I may need another rx200 first! Or just use SS coils instead of Claptons. In the Aromamizers I used 27g kanthal, 2.5mm each to fit them.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First RTA I haven't heard one negative review, unreal, Roxy you should be very proud...!

By the way, I have a few extra RX200's, if you want one PM me...not a problem whatsoever, I'll have it in the mail to you.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I meant straight SS not Clapton ones :) I'm out of 200W mods for quad Claptons, lol! The battery life will be scary, too, unless I use my 28/32 tootle puff ones.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I want another RX200 too!!:inlove:

Writing reviews is a problem now. I was sent all these high power attys to review, like the Smok one, and I only have a few mods that can run these things. I had to set my Griffin aside to run that Smok tonight.

Roxy needs to save and get some more mods. I suppose I should sell my DNA30s and such.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Writing reviews is a problem now. I was sent all these high power attys to review, like the Smok one, and I only have a few mods that can run these things. I had to set my Griffin aside to run that Smok tonight.

Roxy needs to save and get some more mods. I suppose I should sell my DNA30s and such.
I'd hold on to all the mods possible....who knows what's coming down the pike with the frigging FDA.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'd hold on to all the mods possible....who knows what's coming down the pike with the frigging FDA.

I know, and that's why I did. Plus a couple I made. And 2 others are clone bodies.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I'm up to 6x Mech's, 4x Regulated and lost count of RDA's and Tank's. Not to mention a stock pile of wire and a freezer of 100mg nic juice. I see what Big Tobacco's puppets are doing in the EU.......

I'm prepping for the worst.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know, and that's why I did. Plus a couple I made. And 2 others are clone bodies.
How hard was it to make them, as in any special tools required. I've done some basic electrical work, but nothing too fancy. But, I've been thinking about making my own box.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I'm up to 6x Mech's, 4x Regulated and lost count of RDA's and Tank's. Not to mention a stock pile of wire and a freezer of 100mg nic juice. I see what Big Tobacco's puppets are doing in the EU.......

I'm prepping for the worst.

I'm doing the same, prepping for the worst and praying for the best....:)

I have a feeling the praying won't work...STOCKPILE...:cheers:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm doing the same, prepping for the worst and praying for the best....:)

I have a feeling the praying won't work...STOCKPILE...:cheers:
I'm even considering storing batteries also. They won't ban them but they can sure regulate and restrict them. Example here in Washington State to buy canned air you have to show ID and they log your name /sale.

The Nanny State is ridiculous

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How hard was it to make them, as in any special tools required. I've done some basic electrical work, but nothing too fancy. But, I've been thinking about making my own box.

If your hands are steady and your eyes are good (or use good magnifying goggles, which I'm going to need now), it's not hard. The boards and 510s are getting easier now. Varitube has a new 510 that's really easy compared to the FDV ones. The newer sx chips come with wiring already soldered to the board. I think the DNA200s do, too. So it's much easier now than the DNA30s and 40s were.

You need a good soldering iron with enough power. Proper solder, rosin, sponge, stand for the iron.

Wire strippers and heat shrink tubing.

Metric drill bit (9mm) for drilling the 510 hole. 10 x 1 tap.

Switches, wiring, battery sled.

VU Sponsors