inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
0284e0f18b1b8d60c61dfb8fac9afbea.jpg

VAPE IT
My last Boreas arrived with a crushed plastic container too....nothing else was crushed. They need to ship them in cardboard boxes, not the bubble wrap envelope I received.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
just got my black boreas in a couple of hours ago. showed up in great condition. orings seem to be ok except on my drip tip. i took the drip tip off to look at, and the orings have shredded a little. they are still intact, but i figured i'd mention it.

i cleaned it up (even tho no trace of bad smell or machine oil) and threw in a kanthal 3mm 7 wrap clapton build. .55ohm at 100w and vaping like a dream. i filled it as instruction and zero leaks so far. i'm really liking this thing so far. good job Roxy!

Ng5DvgEl.jpg
Looks nice on that decimus.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This box is kicking ass man. Build quality is outstanding in my opinion. May have to pick up another one is a different color.

Dammit Man! Now torn between the Renegade and LavaBox.

Thanks Carp!

Cannot wait for my wrist to heal from surgery so I can start golfing again so I will not be tempted like this! I'll be out golfing.

LuTang

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Had to do it... Roxy, tell Leon I want a BRASS AFC RING!!

very cool! i'll take a copper, brass and SS for my black beaut.

on another note. i got my first leak :( my own fault tho. my drip tip was crooked, it's press fit and pretty tight in there, so i unscrewed the top cap off to get it off. i forgot to turn off the AFC/JFC and once the top cap came off, juice came gushing out. we all gotta learn somehow right? so don't do that. :) always turn off AFC/JFC if you're going to break the pressure in the tank.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
very cool! i'll take a copper, brass and SS for my black beaut.

on another note. i got my first leak :( my own fault tho. my drip tip was crooked, it's press fit and pretty tight in there, so i unscrewed the top cap off to get it off. i forgot to turn off the AFC/JFC and once the top cap came off, juice came gushing out. we all gotta learn somehow right? so don't do that. :) always turn off AFC/JFC if you're going to break the pressure in the tank.

Quite simply Yes.

Always close the AFC JC.

This is the same on my Crius and Griffin.

I am new but from what I understand Kayfun rules apply

tljenson

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always get the buna-n 70 type, but silicone ones would probably be OK too, might tear up more quickly though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I decided to go with the Viton®/FKM O-ring 12 x 1mm Price for 25 pcs says it designed for high heat,
  • A general purpose Viton® (Fluorocarbon Elastomer) compound suitable for applications requiring resistance to high temperatures and compression set. Outstanding resistance to blended aromatic fuels and straight aromatics as well as halogenated hydrocarbons. Good resistance to strong acids and steam. Temperature range -20° to 400°F.
Do you guys see any problems with this kind of o-ring, or should I get buna?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I decided to go with the Viton®/FKM O-ring 12 x 1mm Price for 25 pcs says it designed for high heat,
  • A general purpose Viton® (Fluorocarbon Elastomer) compound suitable for applications requiring resistance to high temperatures and compression set. Outstanding resistance to blended aromatic fuels and straight aromatics as well as halogenated hydrocarbons. Good resistance to strong acids and steam. Temperature range -20° to 400°F.
Do you guys see any problems with this kind of o-ring, or should I get buna?

Viton are actually better.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
0284cf9d7981bd83ce6bafdcbf7da776.jpg

What you guys think?. BAD ASS?

VAPE IT

Be careful if you get the Panzer, the 510 on mine dislodged from the top, I had to super glue it back in before just replacing the 510 entirely with a Varitube 14mm, otherwise it works fairly well. The SMY SDNA200 V2 has the same sized Lipo, is the same price and comes will all the internal case numbers and battery profiles inputted for you along with pre-set profiles if you're not the E-scribe using type.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be careful if you get the Panzer, the 510 on mine dislodged from the top, I had to super glue it back in before just replacing the 510 entirely with a Varitube 14mm, otherwise it works fairly well. The SMY SDNA200 V2 has the same sized Lipo, is the same price and comes will all the internal case numbers and battery profiles inputted for you along with pre-set profiles if you're not the E-scribe using type.
Thanks bro, I'm not getting it... Got another RELEAUX...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's also not a 4,500mah 3S lipo, it's a 1,500mah 3S, it's 4,500mah at 3.7V. False advertising out the ass, I get why they do it because they can still TECHNICALLY say it's 4,500mah, but it misleads people. If you like 18650 DNA200's and don't mind a big ass mod, check out the Bigger DNA200 LOL.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's also not a 4,500mah 3S lipo, it's a 1,500mah 3S, it's 4,500mah at 3.7V. False advertising out the ass, I get why they do it because they can still TECHNICALLY say it's 4,500mah, but it misleads people. If you like 18650 DNA200's and don't mind a big ass mod, check out the Bigger DNA200 LOL.
Bigger is too wide, if only they cubed it,I probably consider

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Greetings all!

I just want to make sure that this is normal - upon refilling from the top, I flip it upside down, wait for the eliquid to drain, close off the AFC and flip it rightside up, remove the top cap. When I remove the top cap, ALOT of bubbles come from the bottom and cause leakage. Is this right or am I missing something?

Thanks for such a wonderful community!
I do the same routine and do get bubbles when I open the top cap however I haven't had any leaking issues resulting from it. Not sure about the orring as both of mine snapped while pulsing my coils and I used one in the spare package that looked somewhat close to size on the deck.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I do the same routine and do get bubbles when I open the top cap however I haven't had any leaking issues resulting from it. Not sure about the orring as both of mine snapped while pulsing my coils and I used one in the spare package that looked somewhat close to size on the deck.

Bubbles simply indicate that juice has flown up through the juice flow holes and into the deck, leaving the volume of juice in the tank that is now wicked into the cotton replaced with a small bubble of air. Bubbles = good, unless you have an RTA with a very thin amount of space between the wick holes and the glass, then the fuckers can actually block your juice flow and cause dry hits. This is why I like RDTA's, because that's not even possible with the type of design they use.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
EJ, next time you fill it, fill it from the bottom and see if you can manage to get a little more in there, both my Boreas's do it, and now I'm not even using the topfill anymore which is a shame because it takes a solid 10 seconds to unthread stuff off my angry ass 510. Something about there being no gap in the tank when filled just makes me feel.. nice. Like some ASMR shit.

VU Sponsors