The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm even considering storing batteries also. They won't ban them but they can sure regulate and restrict them. Example here in Washington State to buy canned air you have to show ID and they log your name /sale.

The Nanny State is ridiculous

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Canned air? Why?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm even considering storing batteries also. They won't ban them but they can sure regulate and restrict them. Example here in Washington State to buy canned air you have to show ID and they log your name /sale.

But pot is legal, right?

Sad state of affairs this country has come to.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your hands are steady and your eyes are good (or use good magnifying goggles, which I'm going to need now), it's not hard. The boards and 510s are getting easier now. Varitube has a new 510 that's really easy compared to the FDV ones. The newer sx chips come with wiring already soldered to the board. I think the DNA200s do, too. So it's much easier now than the DNA30s and 40s were.

You need a good soldering iron with enough power. Proper solder, rosin, sponge, stand for the iron.

Wire strippers and heat shrink tubing.

Metric drill bit (9mm) for drilling the 510 hole. 10 x 1 tap.

Switches, wiring, battery sled.
Thanks, so all the expected stuff. I was pretty sure I could do it, but figured it was a good chance to see if I needed anything else. I'm a nerd and took nerd classes and got my fair share of working with all these types of tools (quite fun also, building boards and programming them to do what you want).

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have stocked up on 510 connectors. You will always be able to get hexohm type boards, switches and wiring.
Good idea, know what I'm getting next payday!

I've looked at building series and parallel mods, really basic stuff. Think I'll pick up 1/2 dozen pins. If it doesn't come about I'll at least be able to have some fun

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The 510s are also the weak point of mods you have. Shame to have an otherwise working mod, but the 510 went.

So fucking true. Every mod I've ever had shit out on me, it was because the 510 was shit. Luckily they're VERY easy to replace, but I just find it shocking how hard it is in the vaping industry to put a decently made 510 in a mod and then seat it properly so it stays in place.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bill, none of my MT's leak either when I fill. Not even Satan (he pees randomly every 4-13 days instead).

If an RTA leaks, there's a reason. I don't mean side airflow ones laying down; by design you may get a leak on those.
Yeah many might leak lying on their side. However I keep my STM's lying on their side all day in my lunch bag. And so far (6 months) no leaky.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years

Regulate canned air? Why on earth would they do that? Do you have to get your air along side your Mary Jane? Did Bloomberg move to WA State?

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For whatever reason it took 3 days for my tank to travel one state (I blame the USPS 100% for that). Nonetheless I was really stoked to get home from work this morning to get a nice build on this bad boy. Then I opened the package...they sent me an Alleria. Talk about a huge buzzkill!!!

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For whatever reason it took 3 days for my tank to travel one state (I blame the USPS 100% for that). Nonetheless I was really stoked to get home from work this morning to get a nice build on this bad boy. Then I opened the package...they sent me an Alleria. Talk about a huge buzzkill!!!
That blows! The Alleria is great tho

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Regulate canned air? Why on earth would they do that? Do you have to get your air along side your Mary Jane? Did Bloomberg move to WA State?
Stupid people huff the stuff and get puking sick but do it again.
Kinda like drinking I suppose ;)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It blocks out oxygen to their brains temporarily, giving the blood a higher content of carbon dioxide, making them essentially 'see stars' and experience a state of near-unconsciousness that they perceive as a 'high'. People are just stupid.

Fun fact, the build up of carbon dioxide in your blood is actually what makes you want to breathe when you're holding your breath, if it weren't for this build up, you could pass out and not even realize you were doing without oxygen. This is why people who are quickly exposed to Co2 rich environments (or inhale a can of compressed air directly into their lungs like an idiot) either pass out immediately or start 'seeing stars'.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In defense of STS, they already replied to my email...on a Sunday! They offered to overnight the correct tank. That's pretty awesome customer service, and now I have an Alleria to add to my collection.
Yeah they're pretty good to deal with. I'm happy to pay a few bucks more with them as I know they'll take care of any issues.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Try running a massive single coil through the two posts on the Alleria, a horizontal coil that runs along the posts vapes VERY well in the Alleria, some top notch flavor. Just split the tail ends of the wicks in two so you fill all four channels.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
How hard was it to make them, as in any special tools required. I've done some basic electrical work, but nothing too fancy. But, I've been thinking about making my own box.
hi jerus
I build about 20 mods or so and spend the last couple of years in a certain modding forum .
just a nice hobby . made a video which has two different builds in it . it should give you some idea what you could do .
the magnetic switch is simple and bullet proof , nothing to wear out and never miss fired .
so if you are up to looking at another boring video ...but has a lot of good info .
only had one comment on it so never published it again .
apriciate if you could comment on it if it is useful .www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhvZKtEtZnu8gLcTskXrY2uMQpzkRbLBx

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What! You get to keep the ALLERIA for free?

YOU probably won't even use the alleria

Yeah, they said to keep it. I couldn't help myself, I had to give it a test drive. The chimney design is a little odd, I'll keep messing with it. I may end using this on my iPV D2 once I get it tweaked.
The fact they offered to overnight it is amazing. I'll be out of town next week, so I told them to save the cash on overnighting it. I'm always willing to pay a couple extra bucks for great service, and being state side is the icing on the cake. I will not hesitate to use them again.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, they said to keep it. I couldn't help myself, I had to give it a test drive. The chimney design is a little odd, I'll keep messing with it. I may end using this on my iPV D2 once I get it tweaked.
The fact they offered to overnight it is amazing. I'll be out of town next week, so I told them to save the cash on overnighting it. I'm always willing to pay a couple extra bucks for great service, and being state side is the icing on the cake. I will not hesitate to use them again.
LUCKY YOU MAN.... wow,
2 great tanks bro, the ALLERIA is a flavor chucker FOR REAL, it has more flavor than the BOREAS (SUBJECTIVE), it's another juice chucker just like her cousin..

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LUCKY YOU MAN.... wow,
2 great tanks bro, the ALLERIA is a flavor chucker FOR REAL, it has more flavor than the BOREAS (SUBJECTIVE), it's another juice chucker just like her cousin..

I love the Alleria, it does have a more intense flavor profile and I think its becuase of the glass chamber and the size of the chamber. Its the second most used RTA/Tank I own and it pouts out some DENSE vapor...I love the Augvape products so far...I really hope they move forward with my RTA...

20160409_172654.jpg 20160409_172604.jpg 20160403_223357.jpg 20160322_164530.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love the Alleria, it does have a more intense flavor profile and I think its becuase of the glass chamber and the size of the chamber. Its the second most used RTA/Tank I own and it pouts out some DENSE vapor...I love the Augvape products so far...I really hope they move forward with my RTA...

View attachment 46814 View attachment 46815 View attachment 46816 View attachment 46813
Same here, sold y MUTANKS already lol...
IM NOT GONNA POST PICS AFTER WHAT I JUST SAW...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ey Ray what's the update on the RAYMO TANK?
They probably will release that with the MERLIN?
U mentioned there's a RDA coming out?

VAPE IT

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ey Ray what's the update on the RAYMO TANK?
They probably will release that with the MERLIN?
U mentioned there's a RDA coming out?

VAPE IT
Im not sure what Leon is doing lately...Ive been waiting on whats going on with the RTA and he wanted to specs for a RDA that they could put out. I sent a sketch with suggestions and I havent heard back yet...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi jerus
I build about 20 mods or so and spend the last couple of years in a certain modding forum .
just a nice hobby . made a video which has two different builds in it . it should give you some idea what you could do .
the magnetic switch is simple and bullet proof , nothing to wear out and never miss fired .
so if you are up to looking at another boring video ...but has a lot of good info .
only had one comment on it so never published it again .
apriciate if you could comment on it if it is useful .www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhvZKtEtZnu8gLcTskXrY2uMQpzkRbLBx
Love that leather mod. Nice seeing the inner workings and gives me hope that I won't screw it up. My plan was to modify a Gameboy case to let me drop one of my mods inside, but after getting the case and seeing the inside, well it won't be pretty trying to modify it. But, I could very easily get the guts of a mod into the case, and that'd be pretty damn cool.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On my second full day with this thing and I cant get enough of it! Totally neglecting my drippers now. Not one issue with anything. Its put together really well. Only thing that happened was when my dumbass unscrewed the top cap with the juice flow wide open lol, twice!

image.jpg

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couldn't get these to fit

cd0e1ef85d2e1eeb36a0637780aa1660.jpg

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered 2 in stainless one from subtank supply and another from a different place what are the chances of me needing orings? Should I pre buy some?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered 2 in stainless one from subtank supply and another from a different place what are the chances of me needing orings? Should I pre buy some?
Na man, you should be fine, I'm sure after all the complaints they got, they will fix it... 2nd batch should be good to go

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should have enough spares included if you do need some.

VU Sponsors