Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I said that, too. But, had to test it and find out :D I knew it would do 150W easy.

We still don't know it's upper limit. Raymo went to 240W? And it said it could do more, lol!

150W? Hmmm?

240W? No way! LOL

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Vaping at 120W. Flavor is very nice.

Don't think I'm going above 120W and certainly I am not going up to 200W. :eek:

Of course you should never say never.
It all depends on the build...Ive had builds that only need 40w and they were hot and Ive made builds that needed around 850w(Calculated Wattage) to get warm at a decent speed...Wire Mass, Current/Wattage, Airflow, Wicking all play a part on how a build acts.

Im sure I could make a Build for the Boreas that would need over 300w and take it without issues...its just not a sensible build...battery life would suffer dramatically.

Last edited:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Roxy - Quick Question

Are the O-Rings for the AFC/JC 12 X 1mm?

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It all depends on the build...Ive had builds that only need 40w and they were hot and Ive made builds that needed around 850w(Calculated Wattage) to get warm at a decent speed...Wire Mass, Current/Wattage, Airflow, Wicking all play a part on how a build acts.

You got the Right Stuff my friend.

Who knows - You may have been a test pilot or astronaut in another life! :D

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Raymo taking a relaxing Vape on a lazy Sunday Afternoon. :D

I just need a way to have Tesla blowing Clouds!

nikola-tesla-chilling-with-his-tesla-coil.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have more Aliens made if anyone was interested. (2 Sets so far)
I am ordering more Pot Jars, hopefully getting stickers made and then I will have different sets premade ready to go instead of making them every order, this way its much more streamlined and people can view the choices...I will need to make a Thread in the Hardware section for sales I think...I dont want to be a vendor though.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have to wait until after Friday. I've blown my Vape budget for the next two months but if you have a set let me know and I'll get a set.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, but I wouldn't, brown = time for new coils, or well that's my rule on it. Not as much of a safety concern as quality, though it's probably not good to heat/inhale oxidized metals but I'm no doctor.

That does have me concerned.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It may be becuase they are single cores but my coils can last months and months before getting to that point...Ive actually had one build used every day and almost last 9 months...

I cleaned them up last night and ran them under some water and that is what they looked like today.

I decided to swap them out. I just didn't trust them. They are just some ol' store bought coils.

Figured might as well use them and save the good coils. :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I cleaned them up last night and ran them under some water and that is what they looked like today.

I decided to swap them out. I just didn't trust them. They are just some ol' store bought coils.

Figured might as well use them and save the good coils. :)
Did you dry it off and fire after running it under the water? If not do that, make sure the only liquid they're touching for sustained periods of time is ejuice. But, yeah likely just lower quality wire if it's the prefabricated clapton stuff. I have some Aliens from CrazyChef that are still chugging along and it's been since mid February.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you dry it off and fire after running it under the water? If not do that, make sure the only liquid they're touching for sustained periods of time is ejuice. But, yeah likely just lower quality wire if it's the prefabricated clapton stuff. I have some Aliens from CrazyChef that are still chugging along and it's been since mid February.

Did not dry them off just let them air dry.

There is something to be said for quality over quantity. Pay a little more and you have a better experience all around. That is the way it was in the old days when things would last. You knew you were getting quality and stuff just lasted.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you let them air dry with water on them, that's likely an oxidized precursor to rust on the coils. Toss them.

That is what I was thinking and Jerus kind of confirmed that for me.

Then when Ray mentioned single core wire, I took it as not being of the highest quality, then I knew it was time to replace them.

If it was just a blackish hue then I may have used them but it is a funky color like they are starting to oxidize.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That is what I was thinking and Jerus kind of confirmed that for me.

Then when Ray mentioned single core wire, I took it as not being of the highest quality, then I knew it was time to replace them.

If it was just a blackish hue then I may have used them but it is a funky color like they are starting to oxidize.
This is My Build thats older then my membership at this forum...Pic taken May 3rd, Then August 8th, then less then a Week ago before I replaced it.

22K 46N60 .jpg 22K 46N60 Old.jpg 20160403_122156.jpg

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually I buy wire from Kidney Puncher as its quality Sandvik wire, smelted in Sweden and Milled in America. I dont trust many other cheaper brands anymore as they usually have oil residue or a faint odd taste to them. Just because you dont agree with someone else's choices doesnt make them any less of a person then you are. Condescending statements and accusations can be placed over anything, its just a matter of what you believe in and the choices that you, yourself make. I never told you not to buy the cotton you chose to buy or cared when you said that you would rather buy the Dental Cotton, Im not going to try and make you out to look ridiculous after just because I choose to buy something else...you justify what you buy because your reasoning due to its cost, I choose to buy it because I like it and I dont mind paying the price..

I dont think $3 is that bad...
Come on, lighten up a bit. I knew you weren't using G-Plat and just having a bit of fun.

I myself source wire from KP, them and Crazy Wire over across the Pond. I got tired of wasting time and money on crap wire from China.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last edited:

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What more can I add.

That is why I will never vote for anyone running for office that is an incumbent. I am for throwing everyone of the lying thieving scum out of office. Arresting a few of them and starting the trials for treason and high crimes against we the people. But do not get me started down that road.
:headbang:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm noob to all this so I wanted to ask something.

What actually cause the burnt hit when you building your own coils or wicking an RTA and your vaping at 60 Watts or over?

Is it the wick cannot wick juice fast enough, too little cotton, too much cotton or is it the coil cannot handle the heat?

Disclaimer: This has not happened to me on the BOREAS. This is a general question which I am sure has been asked and answered a million times in a million places but, we have such knowledgeable people posting here so I thought I'd ask.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know, If they were charging more I'd just order from STS but you can't beat instant gratification.

I agree - STS has been great so far that I am going to order another when I have funds available again.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

What actually cause the burnt hit when you building your own coils or wicking an RTA and your vaping at 60 Watts or over?

Is it the wick cannot wick juice fast enough, too little cotton, too much cotton or is it the coil cannot handle the heat?

Disclaimer: This has not happened to me on the BOREAS. This is a general question which I am sure has been asked and answered a million times in a million places but, we have such knowledgeable people posting here so I thought I'd ask.
For me it's usually too much cotton.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

Your coils are atomizing more juice than the cotton can bring to them during wicking. Easiest way to fix this is larger diameter coils, more surface area, thicker wicks, etc. If you use too much cotton it can choke off the capillary action though. I've had claptons up to over 1,200W on lipo boxes, but they were 6mm quad core fused claptons.

Shogun1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi ya guys, long time lurker and ECF refugee. Got a black boreas arriving tomorrow and honestly got to say a big thanks to Ms. Roxy looks like an amazing piece of kit!!! Took a day to catch up on the thread but lots of useful info along the way.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

It all depends on your Coils and Wicking...If you have too much wick or too little you can get dryhits, coils having any hotspots or uneven heating can also cause this. If you wicking has frays and they are touching the coil that can be what your experiencing...Your wick should be tight but shouldnt move your coil if you pull on it, it should be fluffed at the tips as much as possible and not pushed into place. Scrunching of the cotton chokes it and does exactly the opposite of what you want it to do.
Think of cotton like a Hose, bending it and crushing it will cut down on its flow, the mow rounded and streamlined the fibers are the faster it can wick and the more it can hold.
Coils have different mass ratios, a larger coil will handle more wattage then a smaller coil.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my RX and my Boreas today. :stars2: I'm supposed to get my special coils from Ray tomorrow. But I couldn't wait and put in some 5 wrap 26g duels with an ID of 3mm. I'm in love.....:inlove:

This tank is the real deal.:yes:

From someone who has only used RDAs most recently, I'm blow away! :giggle:

Great job Roxy!!!

VU Sponsors