The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Shogun1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Brewbear yep that's the one, also added a profile for ss316l and 2-3 profile tabs similar to the dna200. Granted I LOVE my 3 dna200's but for less than the board it's a pretty awesome mod. BTW I personally would use suitable 30a capable batteries if you push to the 250w. I haven't played with the other 3 profiles but I think they are for custom TCR values

Shogun1024

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just putting it out there but whomever has the black boreas #1024, if you see this I would love a trade, I'd pay shipping or even buy a new one for you plus a little cash for the trouble.... just saying

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got back into town today, and STS certainly held up to their end of the deal...my Boreas (#1395) was waiting for me!! Before I even unpacked my luggage I washed it and threw a dual alien Clapton build on it. Sweet baby Jesus is all I can say!! Thank you Roxy!!

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
His videos annoy me now. lil fukn midget josh walking all around the mods n shit. Unsubscribed!
I feel like he's stretching for a con here, threads on the bottom for me aren't perfect but honestly I can take a little care when I'm inserting a whole new deck! so hardly something worth emphasizing like he is. And knurling, well, I've had 0 issues, the things beastly in size plenty of room to grab it, it's not like I want to be covering my tank in grease before I unscrew something and that's the only way I could see having an issue. My only "complaint" about the tank is HOLY SHIT IT"S HUGE! but that's what it was supposed to be right? so really, it's a beautiful piece of perfection in my mind.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive been used to 25mm since the TFV4...I love the size.
That's a good point, but it's been so long since I used the full size of that, I've grown accustom to my small things, even the Griffin seems huge compared to the other things I use (outside the Boreas). But, again not a complaint (reason I used quotes), simply the only thing that stood out to me personally. It doesn't look too shabby on my Tres Equis and yeah, it's nice.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just don't like to be gouged.

So I take it you buy G-Plat also

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

You do the same thing I do..............I'll admit my issue.....I'M JUST A PLAIN TIGHTWAD !......................But In polite and mixed company I prefer the term" Thrifty" ;)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You do the same thing I do..............I'll admit my issue.....I'M JUST A PLAIN TIGHTWAD !......................But In polite and mixed company I prefer the term" Thrifty" ;)
Frugal, my favorite word. (Ok I lied, it's my favorite term for that though, Omphaloskepsis is my favorite word)

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Frugal, my favorite word. (Ok I lied, it's my favorite term for that though, Omphaloskepsis is my favorite word)
Good term.................I learned years ago (being a working class stiff) that every penny I saved in consumables (for any item, not just vaping) was more pennies I could put toward better quality and more of the expensive "toys".................and being a man...I love's my toys!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good term.................I learned years ago (being a working class stiff) that every penny I saved in consumables (for any item, not just vaping) was more pennies I could put toward better quality and more of the expensive "toys".................and being a man...I love's my toys!
I didn't train myself to enjoy cheap whisky for nothing!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well I just updated my RX200 to 250 Watts, built some framed staples and decided to see if the Boreas could get down at that kind of wattage.

It definitely can. I ran the Boreas at 250 Watts and it kept up with no dry hits, ton of flavor. Time to bust out the 4S PWM lipo boxes.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I didn't understand Josh saying "it has intermittenly bad threads". Is that possible? They can't be clean one moment and crunchy another. I thought maybe it was him cross threading things a bit when he first starts tightening.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't understand Josh saying "it has intermittenly bad threads". Is that possible? They can't be clean one moment and crunchy another. I thought maybe it was him cross threading things a bit when he first starts tightening.
Exactly my thought. That one thread takes a little more care but are we trying to race at changing builds or something? Because I think it'd still beat most every RTA.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A Cross threaded bumpski can jump out at the slightest squeak, you gotta be vewy carful of them ;)

Got my coils from Ray today! :stars: I got a few different sets, but put in the SS Claptons. Man the flavor is out of this world! :yes:

Thanks so much Ray for your help and patience! :)

I do my best! Im glad everything is running fine and your enjoying them...I think Roxy is the next one to have them in...I would love to see how she fares with them.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

OhmBoy Josh? I absolutely cannot stand him or his weird ass review format where he pretends to shrink like the fucking magic school bus.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OhmBoy Josh? I absolutely cannot stand him or his weird ass review format where he pretends to shrink like the fucking magic school bus.
I actually thought that was neat, my issue was that he seemed to have to emphasize the minute issues as much as he could. It's like "well I love it, but this minute issue needs to have minutes spent on emphasizing". I can respect taking that extra effort of polish, I can't respect stretching to find a fault.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That's the part of his format that deeply bothers me, he spends 3-4 minutes repeating each issue in as many variations as possible before moving on. I just don't like the shrink thing because it's very cheaply done, you can tell he's behind a green screen and he has this grainy outline around him. Probably easier for me to see as I use a 4K monitor, then I have an upscaler that autoconverts non 2160p into upscaled 2160p on the fly.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A Cross threaded bumpski can jump out at the slightest squeak, you gotta be vewy carful of them ;)

I do my best! Im glad everything is running fine and your enjoying them...I think Roxy is the next one to have them in...I would love to see how she fares with them.
Don't know where to put this, but it needs to be said, Danke Shön for for the Tres Equis tip, I think by the time the batteries are out I'll need to rewick. Between the size of this tank, and the power in this mod, I doubt I'll have to do maintenance more than once every 2-3 days!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Another big issue I have with reviewers is that they're turning their review videos into random shout outs for other things. I get saying a few things at the start and end, but when I watch a 45 minute review for a product, I don't expect 20 minutes of it to be completely unrelated to the product being reviewed. Vaping Heathen is the absolutely WORST one to do this.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the part of his format that deeply bothers me, he spends 3-4 minutes repeating each issue in as many variations as possible before moving on. I just don't like the shrink thing because it's very cheaply done, you can tell he's behind a green screen and he has this grainy outline around him. Probably easier for me to see as I use a 4K monitor, then I have an upscaler that autoconverts non 2160p into upscaled 2160p on the fly.
Yup, that makes sense, just saying I can respect the effort to make yourself stand out, I mean those reviewers are just entertainers, some use graphics, some their attitudes, some being pretty to look at, in any form their just visual stimulus, but I can respect the effort. Now if he didn't come off as such a tool, he might be my go to guy, but personally I've always like Twisted420 just because he's a big guy not afraid to look like an ass while he does a review on something, just comes off as legitimate( even though they're all just trying to get viewers). He just always has me laugh at least one time, which is a plus when I'm simply trying to get a closer look at a potential purchase, I don't subscribe to any of them, I just want that closer look so I can see the inner workings a bit more than the advertised pictures give.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hate watching reviews period. Until Boreas I think I only watched one in the past 12 months.
Like I just said, they're good for one thing, getting a full view of the device, if they can entertain me that's a plus, but I skip through most of them, and put them on 1.5-2X speed as I just want that look at the device that pictures won't give.

The theorem is a great example, I didn't really get it from the pictures, but seeing more about it, makes me want it, won't buy it right now because I simply don't need it but when I get the hankering to upgrade my Haze, that'll be it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think reviewers spend too much time on products that personally cater to their personal likings. I get not wanting to waste time reviewing the pile of shit sitting in the back room, but at least clump the pile of shit together and do a quick video on DO NOT BUY products, and I mean genuine shit, not things that are fine but simply don't cater to their likings. Some reviewers will review shit, but only when it's shit that's so shit its shittiness is just laughable. I feel reviewing this stuff could give us a better idea of what to avoid without waiting a month or two for it to circulate around.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Supreme gives SLIGHTLY better flavor and has JFC/AFC separate, that's about it. The Boreas has more airflow, a slightly bigger capacity, looks way better, has a much smoother/more satisfying draw, has a bigger build deck, has two build decks included instead of one, is much easier to clean and just is much more pleasing to vape. I've used both tanks extensively, at first I favored the Supreme but after using the Boreas a while I sold my Supreme due to lack of use.

Rconrad

Member For 3 Years
Ive already explained how to stop your issue...Its not the tank unless its missing orings..Its your wicking, filling method or a mix of both...Its not overly complicated.
Sorry man. I cant see where your explanation is. Could you lead me to it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VU Sponsors