Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fast Tech has friction Fit Dotmod tips that are exactly like the Authentics for a Dollar...$1.46 for the one I have
View attachment 47639
They are not exactly like them, you don't get the texture from the clones and that is why I love them, feels nice on the lips ha. I have tried the clones and you just can't beat an authentic one. I also find after time, the top breaks away from the base of the drip tip, it's that old saying again, you only get what you pay for but that's just my opinion...
Might put one on the Griffin though :rolleyes:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fast Tech has friction Fit Dotmod tips that are exactly like the Authentics for a Dollar...$1.46 for the one I have
View attachment 47639
Ordering from China is like drinking, every time it goes wrong you swear to yourself that you'll never do it again, but we all know how that works out. I must resist this time though, already got a few copa clones coming in tomorrow.

You didn't lose the o ring in the base, did you? Sometimes it falls out.

My other thoughts are:

* check to see if any wick is in the center where the positive pin is (510 pin)
* see if you may be under wicking, leading to flooding
* see if there's a gap under your positive post insulator.

I took it completely apart, including unscrewing the 510 pin and checking the insulator. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Now, however, the leak from the 510 appears to be worse. I have cranked down the 510 pin as far as it can go, ensured that there are no gaps under the positive post, nothing.

I am going to attempt to see if a 0-ring under the 510 insulator will work. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I took it completely apart, including unscrewing the 510 pin and checking the insulator. There was nothing out of the ordinary. Now, however, the leak from the 510 appears to be worse. I have cranked down the 510 pin as far as it can go, ensured that there are no gaps under the positive post, nothing.

I am going to attempt to see if a 0-ring under the 510 insulator will work. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

I'm not sure what to think now.

Anyone else have ideas to help?

That's called the Scottish Roll I believe. I use Cotton Bacon V2, so I've never had a chance to use it. I don't like the pads, you don't get enough cotton. Also I was told the sterilized dental cotton was the same as CBV2 a while ago, but when using the dental cotton I get this nasty break-in that lasts for about an hour. I don't know what they use to sterilize it, but I am not a fan.

I use Cotton Bacon v2 as well, like it much more then the japanese pads. I've only ever tried another type from Fiber Freaks, wasnt a big fan of that.

I've found applying the the scottish roll style to the cotton bacon helps alot as well. Increased flavor and the wick just seems to last longer.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
They are not exactly like them, you don't get the texture from the clones and that is why I love them, feels nice on the lips ha. I have tried the clones and you just can't beat an authentic one. I also find after time, the top breaks away from the base of the drip tip, it's that old saying again, you only get what you pay for but that's just my opinion...
Might put one on the Griffin though :rolleyes:
Ive had that tip for almost 8 months....and it was and is still used everyday....Im not sure if yours were the same or not but its the closest Ive had to the actual Dotmod tips. The curvature and smoothness is why I love the Dotmod tips and this tip replicates it to the T....

The Copa Clones I feel they do not replicate the original at all...
Copa Tip Griffin.jpg

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive had that tip for almost 8 months....and it was and is still used everyday....Im not sure if yours were the same or not but its the closest Ive had to the actual Dotmod tips. The curvature and smoothness is why I love the Dotmod tips and this tip replicates it to the T....

View attachment 47641
It's the shape I like, a nice pinch at the connection then opening up. The ones I have treat me well so /shrug, never tried the original to compare.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's the shape I like, a nice pinch at the connection then opening up. The ones I have treat me well so /shrug, never tried the original to compare.
I couldnt rationalize spending $20+ on just a drip tip..I love only a handful of tips out there but I wouldnt pay more then $5 for one.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I use friction fit drip tips, but I've never felt the need to pay $30 for a dotmod one, except for the one that came on my Petri V2 out of the box. The most expensive one I own was $40, but it's a mixture of stab wood and 24K gold plating, so it's actually worth that much. Wide bore, 510, sexy as hell.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm with the MTL crowd, but I really like this tank. Just remember, instead of a unicorn bottle, get a unicorn bucket cause this thing goes through the juice.

I have a Premium Juice that I love but it only comes in 30ml bottles and its 20 bucks for a bottle. Have to save that for Special occasions.

So far the Banana Cream Pie from verdevalleyapes.com is very good. Gonna try Strawberry Milkshake or Raspberry Custard next.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@roxynoodle So sorry about what happened on ECF, we all miss you but that's not why I'm here.

I wanted to thank you for making me such a happy vapor, the Boreas is incredible, it wicks like a dream, beautifully made, clever design.

I took this before I put my build in, which was just a simple spaced 9 wrap, 3mm, 24g kanthal bang on 0.4ohms, 65W, even this build has so much flavor, I really can't express how happy I am atm.

Augvape and Roxy have made the best RTA or should I call it an RDTA, I will be buying more of these, there's no doubt about it !!!

mj343r.png
Good to see ya Rixy! Tell the twins & the rest of the gurls I said hi!

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup, authentic friction fit dotmod in matt red :) Not cheap though but only the best for this tank, fits perfect too and has an almost rubbery feel. I love em anyways..
sure nice but to rich for my blood lol!
just got these and love them . on the other hand I am the nut who vapes the boreas at 14 watts.
go figure . with the silicone insert she vapes just very nice with single coil ...in tootle mode
no leaking ..no regrets just to add the price...3.41 and that's for 5 !!
2040306-2.jpg

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ordered my black Boreas a few hours ago from Subtanksupply, can't wait to try it out @roxynoodle! I love my Griffin, but the grub screws have been fighting me since the beginning (Down to my last 4!) and 3.5ml is a bit on the low side :p, plus having a back up RBA sounds like a good idea to me! Haha. Should be here relatively quick, it's only a state away and payed a lil' extra on the shipping ;)

I've read this entire thread, but I of course most likely have forgotten bits and details. Are there any quirks I should be aware of with the tank before I get it?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ordered my black Boreas a few hours ago from Subtanksupply, can't wait to try it out @roxynoodle! I love my Griffin, but the grub screws have been fighting me since the beginning (Down to my last 4!) and 3.5ml is a bit on the low side :p, plus having a back up RBA sounds like a good idea to me! Haha. Should be here relatively quick, it's only a state away and payed a lil' extra on the shipping ;)

I've read this entire thread, but I of course most likely have forgotten bits and details. Are there any quirks I should be aware of with the tank before I get it?

As long as you follow the filling directions in the manual in the box, you should be good.

Grub screws are a weakness on a lot of attys. Boreas, Griffin and many others use M2.5 x 3. I bought a ton of good ones from McMaster Carr. There are ebay sellers with them, too, if you don't want a huge load of them :)

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

View attachment 47641

What drip tip is that? I'm digging the way it looks.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 47639

Epic! I have a mini friction dotmod and it is by far my favorite tip. After that I picked up a few other ugly friction tips from FT, but for under $5 I'm throwing the 5 pack in the cart and will keep a couple but will be stoking out a few buddies that have had dotmod envy for a while but didn't want to drop the stupid amount of $$ for a DT. Wish that black one was an all delrin like my black one but can't complain at that price.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What drip tip is that? I'm digging the way it looks.
Its the Dotmod Clone Tip...I posted a link for it 2 posts under that one!

Epic! I have a mini friction dotmod and it is by far my favorite tip. After that I picked up a few other ugly friction tips from FT, but for under $5 I'm throwing the 5 pack in the cart and will keep a couple but will be stoking out a few buddies that have had dotmod envy for a while but didn't want to drop the stupid amount of $$ for a DT. Wish that black one was an all delrin like my black one but can't complain at that price.
I hope you chose the 17mm Size pack, thats the Friction Fit ones that are the closest match to the Authentic!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I saw that... the shade of blue in the 10 pack that I want is the one with orings.... not friction.
What the hell though, the 17mm friction pack has a nice red and silver & black so there are colors I run... friends will probably get gold, black & red :cheers:

I haven't ran anything besides a frictuon DT in a 510 fitting since getting that dotmod. A normal oring DT feels like I'm vaping with kayfun air flow.:poop:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, I saw that... the shade of blue in the 10 pack that I want is the one with orings.... not friction.
What the hell though, the 17mm friction pack has a nice red and silver & black so there are colors I run... friends will probably get gold, black & red :cheers:

I haven't ran anything besides a frictuon DT in a 510 fitting since getting that dotmod. A normal oring DT feels like I'm vaping with kayfun air flow.:poop:
There many Friction Fits on FT..you just need to look and find them

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, got a few from there about 6 months ago but haven't looked since. I don't "need" any more, but for $5 I wouldn't mind retiring my slightly fugly ones for a few dotmod knock offs :bingo:

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd have to go to bed if I did that lol. I unknowingly dripped some 6mg on a pretty basic build a few months ago and thought I was gonna die haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd have to go to bed if I did that lol. I unknowingly dripped some 6mg on a pretty basic build a few months ago and thought I was gonna die haha

Funny thing is in Power settings at 150w it's not bad, put the same settings in TC and have the temperate setting high enough that it doesn't interfere and for some reason the nicotine just kicks me in the tookus.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried my boi Griffin the other day, he didn't tell me he vapes 8mg
Motherfucker!!!

VAPE IT
Pretty much what happened to me. My buddy got a mutation x3 he was strugglin with. I only had a tank so I had to drip his juice after i got it goin for him, i just assumed he went 3mg, so my fault totally lol

VU Sponsors