Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u how do you calculate the resistance for the alien coils? most, if not all the free coil calculators do not go above a 2 strand core clapton coil.
Experience my friend....I dont even use a calculator as I know exactly where the coil will measure.
Ive built these types of coils for over a year now, it comes with the territory.. Just a heads up the only thing that makes any significant difference in resistance (over a difference of .02) is the Core Wires, the outer wrap wont change more then .02 in a coils overall resistance.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you use steam engine there is a "wire wizard" tab. You can put just about anything in to calculate a coil. It will give you a pretty accurate ballpark.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Nope! Isn't the Merlin 22mm? Is the Merlin available yet??? Huh, huh? Is it available yet?:wait::xD:

It's the weekend. Leon is enjoying himself :) Maybe some news tomorrow.

I still have a lot of 22mm attys. But they look like minis now, lol! I built a UD Simba last night I got for review and that deck seemed itty bitty!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My first night using the BOREAS and 6 mg my head was spinning. All I had was 6mg juice.

I too was walking around like a zombie. :teehee:
lmao Tazz.....so was I....since I didn't have any lower nic I just vaped MUCH less....save on juice.... Plus++

Have some NN nicotine, I just need to get some VG to mix some unflavored at 2-3 mg nic, then I can return to chaining the Boreas.

F

fckaugust8th

Oh, I just remembered, can you guys make the Merlin with the glass inner sleeve? That is soo cool!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@raymo2u are you the one causing the fog/marine layer on the west coast? Good God, more than a quart of juice...that's more than I used in the last 4 months. I thought I was vaping too much, thank you for putting things in perspective for me:confused:
Only if you've seen what Ive used this past year..
VerdeValleyVapes gives me a special discount for being one of their first customer and loyal. I order around 1300/1800ml every 2-3 weeks and I always run out :p

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You should've bought stock in the company, that way you could vape your profits :drunk:
That would have been a good idea if I thought it would turn out the way it did....No one seemed to even want to order from them, I did a review and they exploded in popularity since then. I am not syaing it all contributes from me but they did send me a PM with some offers as they blame me for most of their upbringing :cool:

https://gyazo.com/02cda40139ac0af7c9f8128d7e5558cd I didnt include the details of the convo..

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ray....I worked all day and into the evening....didn't have time to try your beautiful coils yet...but I'm die-in to try um.

Hopefully I'll be done earlier tomorrow....this self employed nonsense is not what it's cracked up to be (at times).

Although I'll grab a day during the week ahead to get caught up on much more important things, like COILING ATTYS.....:bliss:

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my black Boreas today. Really like it so far. Filled up my man cave with Vapor clouds in no time. Now a question for the Boreas pros. The first time I refilled from the top, I followed the included instructions. I got a lot of dripping of juice from the drip tip while it was upside down. Then when taking top off, quite a few bubbles came up through remaining juice. After filled up, everything seems fine. I don't notice any leaking out of air holes, and it vapes awesome. Using dual 3mm SS clapton coils with quit a bit of cotton wick. Also using the smaller holed deck with 50/50 juice. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HD

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Got my black Boreas today. Really like it so far. Filled up my man cave with Vapor clouds in no time. Now a question for the Boreas pros. The first time I refilled from the top, I followed the included instructions. I got a lot of dripping of juice from the drip tip while it was upside down. Then when taking top off, quite a few bubbles came up through remaining juice. After filled up, everything seems fine. I don't notice any leaking out of air holes, and it vapes awesome. Using dual 3mm SS clapton coils with quit a bit of cotton wick. Also using the smaller holed deck with 50/50 juice. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HD

Sounds like your deck was flooded. You may need more wicking. I also lay it over the juice holes.

If it came out the drip tip, it was in the deck.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like your deck was flooded. You may need more wicking. I also lay it over the juice holes.

If it came out the drip tip, it was in the deck.
Thanks Roxy. I felt that I had too much wick laying under the coils and trimmed it a little. Still seemed like a lot. Is it possible to have too much wick under there?

HD

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Okay pros --- What id would you recommend for a 1 ohm build using 28g kanthal - I've decided to give double coil and shot on this bad boy. I have 28 or 30 awg on hand.

I actually did a .6 ohm last night and all it did was reaffirm my dislike of that low of a build.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

HD
HD, I had all kinds of problems with my first Boreas....as usual I didn't even look at the directions...it was trial and error the first day....then everything was working perfectly after more trial and error.....then I read what Roxy wrote in the directions....Yep, that made sense....I could have written the same directions rather than reading what was already written.....:cry:....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, maybe I did a noob mistake. This was my very first dual coil build. I just refilled after vaping almost a full tank. This time, no liquid came out of drip tip. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't give the cotton ample time to swell a little before topping off the tank, right after the first build. I do know that I'm going to have to mix up some more DIY juice at this rate.

HD

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ok, maybe I did a noob mistake. This was my very first dual coil build. I just refilled after vaping almost a full tank. This time, no liquid came out of drip tip. I'm thinking that maybe I didn't give the cotton ample time to swell a little before topping off the tank, right after the first build. I do know that I'm going to have to mix up some more DIY juice at this rate.

HD

Not sure. Another member had bubbles coming up when he shut the jfc,and he didn't quite have it put together right. So next time it's empty I would check that.

As for too much wick, I tried to make this thing dryhit, and I couldn't do it.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Okay pros --- What id would you recommend for a 1 ohm build using 28g kanthal - I've decided to give double coil and shot on this bad boy. I have 28 or 30 awg on hand.

I actually did a .6 ohm last night and all it did was reaffirm my dislike of that low of a build.

What exactly don't you like on a 0.6 ohm resistance and we can go from there. Resistance itself is not very important IMO with regulated mods. What about the vape bothered you?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What exactly don't you like on a 0.6 ohm resistance and we can go from there. Resistance itself is not very important IMO with regulated mods. What about the vape bothered you?

It's hard to describe Roxy, lets just say I don't like a warm vape.

I've tried sub ohm on a number of attys, mods, etc. the last few months and I just don't care for it. Though I will say, last night's experiment tasted way better than other low ohm vaping I've done :)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I've tried sub ohm on a number of attys, mods, etc. the last few months and I just don't care for it. Though I will say, last night's experiment tasted way better than other low ohm vaping I've done :)
I've been using a lot of 28g fused claptons lately, I find them nice at a wide range of wattage. At 40w it's a decent vape but anything but warm by my standards. Now similar build on my Noisy Cricket doing 100w+ it has some warmth to it. Really liking these smaller core builds lately.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You should try some Clapton wire....which can provide a cool vape at higher wattage than a single-wire-dual coil.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been using a lot of 28g fused claptons lately, I find them nice at a wide range of wattage. At 40w it's a decent vape but anything but warm by my standards. Now similar build on my Noisy Cricket doing 100w+ it has some warmth to it. Really liking these smaller core builds lately.
Been doing basically the same, nice cool vape at 45 watts....using 26/32 Claptons.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I'm going to say it's an airflow problem. My guess is you want tighter airflow and you are combining it with 28g or 30g coils that are heating up very quickly. So these are things to look at:

• using thicker wire with slower ramp up. And yes, you might like to try some premade Claptons.

• using more airflow

• using less power

F

fckaugust8th

Ahhhhhh, I need to stay away from this thread... mine won't be shipped out until Monday and reading all of this makes my anticipation sky-rocket
I've got to tell ya',there's a bunch of trouble makers here! I was happily vaping along at a low12-18 watts on my little kabukis and then, these people here were talking sooo much about the Boreas that I bought one right after I bought the Alleria. I've been using them almost exclusively for the last 2 days. Gone are my 12-18 watts days, HELLO 75-100watts:stars:

VU Sponsors