Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Kinda like waiting for Santa when we were young....although you won't regret the wait, chinacat....!

Well, at least with Santa there were cookies & milk... I hope so! Looking forward to it a lot, just got done making six 15ml batches of juice to try out some recipes and tweak them accordingly. I suppose it has worked out, I'll have some time to tweak a recipe well enough to take on the Boreas' flavor ;)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, at least with Santa there were cookies & milk... I hope so! Looking forward to it a lot, just got done making six 15ml batches of juice to try out some recipes and tweak them accordingly. I suppose it has worked out, I'll have some time to tweak a recipe well enough to take on the Boreas' flavor ;)
Great idea....when ya get what tastes good STOP, make a five gallon pail, you'll be needin it.....:)

F

fckaugust8th

Have a 120ml bottle sitting at the ready
In @raymo2u terms that's a sampler! I'm looking at an industrial mixer:crazy:. I think pretty soon my mailman is gonna hate my guts!
On the serious side, you might consider dropping the nic. level for the Boreas and the Alleria. My 6 mg/ml juice I've been vaping for months just about dropped on my butt when I used it in the Boreas.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After all these good reviews and based on how much I like the Alleria, I ordered a black Boreas today from STS. Should go perfect with my new RX200. I also have a VCMT clone in the mail. I guess I stepped up to the big kid toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to say it's an airflow problem. My guess is you want tighter airflow and you are combining it with 28g or 30g coils that are heating up very quickly. So these are things to look at:

• using thicker wire with slower ramp up. And yes, you might like to try some premade Claptons.

• using more airflow

• using less power

I got it going at just over 1 ohm with a double coil with 28 awg (10 wraps/ 3 one juice/air channel open and its hitting perfectly for my taste right at 30 watts. Still playing with it though, only had it back up and running a few minutes.

It's way better on my caravela clone than the cool fire or istick.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
See, I stick with 6mg because it keeps my juice consumption down :D
Yup yup, if I could chain vape all day it'd be bad. But, not only that, this current Boreas build is the first time I've actually felt the hit of the nicotine, normally it's just a few puffs then I set it down and the feeling just kind of creeps up but melo. This one though, Boom, kinda nice, but don't know if I want this from this big ass tank, I'll probably slot these coils into my RDAs that are showing up on Monday and go back to a more normal build. Nice to get a burst, but I'd have a tank last a few days if I was just vaping this setup right now.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yup yup, if I could chain vape all day it'd be bad. But, not only that, this current Boreas build is the first time I've actually felt the hit of the nicotine, normally it's just a few puffs then I set it down and the feeling just kind of creeps up but melo. This one though, Boom, kinda nice, but don't know if I want this from this big ass tank, I'll probably slot these coils into my RDAs that are showing up on Monday and go back to a more normal build. Nice to get a burst, but I'd have a tank last a few days if I was just vaping this setup right now.
My first Goblin mini reminded me of the nic-hit received by the Boreas....Insane.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My first Goblin mini reminded me of the nic-hit received by the Boreas....Insane.
Yeah it brought me right back to when I first jumped to subohm with an Atlantis, loaded it with 18mg and holy mother of god. Dropped to 12 then, moved to 6 when I went to a TFV4 and a higher powered mod and I've been there ever since. Might give 3mg a try again with this build, I've just found without a bit of that bite from the nicotine things just don't taste the same.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah it brought me right back to when I first jumped to subohm with an Atlantis, loaded it with 18mg and holy mother of god. Dropped to 12 then, moved to 6 when I went to a TFV4 and a higher powered mod and I've been there ever since. Might give 3mg a try again with this build, I've just found without a bit of that bite from the nicotine things just don't taste the same.
I understand exactly what you're saying....I too use 6 mg now, but I do miss the nic hit at 18 mg.

I'm dropping most juice to 3 next order.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
After all these good reviews and based on how much I like the Alleria, I ordered a black Boreas today from STS. Should go perfect with my new RX200. I also have a VCMT clone in the mail. I guess I stepped up to the big kid toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't open any thing but the BOREAS.

Build it, Juice it, Vape it!

Return the Alleria and the VCMT.

Buy another BOREAS!

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Swapped out the build I had for the old one. 6mg is fine now, and pumping 150w, no issue. At 100-120w which I normally use with this type of coil I get a nice raspberry custard vape with a nice bite of nicotine. It's nice, however I jumped to 150w with this build and wow, the flavor has changed so much. It's JUST raspberry, fucking delicious raspberry, sweet sweet raspberry is all I get. I love it. Loving this wicking! It's able to handle whatever I throw at it, reminds me of an RDA. Just so nice. Makes me wonder why the Aromamizer had so many issues if it has the same wicking. This is just pleasant.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't open any thing but the BOREAS.

Build it, Juice it, Vape it!

Return the Alleria and the VCMT.

Buy another BOREAS!
The alleria seems quite amazing itself. Sure it's not the powerhouse that the Boreas is, but the aesthetics alone make it worthwhile, plus I hear it's a nice flavor tank, and the smaller design. No shame in it. Now the VCMT... well that's been known to be a dud for a while, Yay Griffin size build deck inside a 25mm tank with horrible wicking... what's the point? Right now though I'm very tempted to get the alleria simply for it's primarily glass design, just a beautiful tank.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The alleria seems quite amazing itself. Sure it's not the powerhouse that the Boreas is, but the aesthetics alone make it worthwhile, plus I hear it's a nice flavor tank, and the smaller design. No shame in it. Now the VCMT... well that's been known to be a dud for a while, Yay Griffin size build deck inside a 25mm tank with horrible wicking... what's the point? Right now though I'm very tempted to get the alleria simply for it's primarily glass design, just a beautiful tank.

The Alleria looks cool and it is by AUGVAPE.

Can't be all bad. :cool:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Swapped out the build I had for the old one. 6mg is fine now, and pumping 150w, no issue. At 100-120w which I normally use with this type of coil I get a nice raspberry custard vape with a nice bite of nicotine. It's nice, however I jumped to 150w with this build and wow, the flavor has changed so much. It's JUST raspberry, fucking delicious raspberry, sweet sweet raspberry is all I get. I love it. Loving this wicking! It's able to handle whatever I throw at it, reminds me of an RDA. Just so nice. Makes me wonder why the Aromamizer had so many issues if it has the same wicking. This is just pleasant.

My opinion about why the Aromamizer had wicking issues is that the deck was too close to the 510 base. It was limiting the amount of juice that could flow under it. It's raised on Boreas. And I couldn't help but notice it's nearly identical on the Supreme so Steam Crave thought the same. Ohmboy Josh took Boreas' small hole deck to 200W, so it's not the size of the holes that limited the Aromamizer.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got to tell ya',there's a bunch of trouble makers here! I was happily vaping along at a low12-18 watts on my little kabukis and then, these people here were talking sooo much about the Boreas that I bought one right after I bought the Alleria. I've been using them almost exclusively for the last 2 days. Gone are my 12-18 watts days, HELLO 75-100watts:stars:

When I first met Ray and start talking to him about anther tank and some coils I was apprehensive about going over 80 watts. Had never really been above 60 watts for vaping.

Got the BOREAS and some coils from Ray and BAM! I am now vaping at 95 watts regularly and have taken it up to 125 watts a few times. :wtf: :bingo:

Thanks Roxy - Thanks Ray! :D

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When I first met Ray and start talking to him about anther tank and some coils I was apprehensive about going over 80 watts. Had never really been above 60 watts for vaping.

Got the BOREAS and some coils from Ray and BAM! I am now vaping at 95 watts regularly and have taken it up to 125 watts a few times. :wtf: :bingo:

The first time I went over 50W I was amazed :) Now that seems humorous.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

This thing wicks like there's no tomorrow, it's pretty amazing. I've had a general guideline to follow for tanks for a while, but this simply shattered that. I can pump it like it's an RDA even though it's not. With a .12Ω coil I'd typically be stuck at 120w otherwise issues, but I'm vaping one right now at 150w with no hitches at all.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure. Another member had bubbles coming up when he shut the jfc,and he didn't quite have it put together right. So next time it's empty I would check that.

As for too much wick, I tried to make this thing dryhit, and I couldn't do it.
Mine has always had tiny bubbles when I take my top cap off & I've had no problems!

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm still getting a few tiny bubbles when I take the cap off but am having no issues with leaking..

Well I had one when I didn't screw the cap down tight. :grumpy:

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm still getting a few tiny bubbles when I take the cap off but am having no issues with leaking..

Well I had one when I didn't screw the cap down tight. :grumpy:
Seems to me if you did'get a little air coming in to break the vacuum you might not get the cap off easily! JMHO!:shades:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I posted in Raymo's Thread, his review of the BOREAS, that in my excitement to start vaping, after washing the BOREAS I did not take care to put it back together properly and I had some leaking.

Once I spoke wiht Roxy I got everything put back together correctly and I have had no problems since.

Unless I forget to screw the cap down tight or don't fill it properly.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It isn't the Boreas, but the Boreas isn't the Alleria. The Alleria gives far better flavor than the Boreas, but the Boreas is a far stronger powerhouse when compared to the Alleria. Style of vape differs from person to person.

I just got this new Rafale X RDA, it has a neutral post, meaning you can take temp control builds and put them easily in series, making the resistance stack (double) instead of half in a parallel build. For TC this RDA is balling, no more super low resistance TC builds. You could also run combination circuit builds, you could have two coils in series, connected through the neutral, then two just on the positive and negative terminals. That would be interesting, you'd have the resistance of a triple coil build but with a quad build. It'd be hard though, the positive and negative posts are spaced far apart, where-as the neutral post is a T block in the center.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thats the thing. I am loving the flavor I get from the BOREAS. To me the flavor is better then the Crown or the Griffin.

Now I am noob but I like the flavor and have found the tank that gives me the best of all worlds. Flavor, Clouds, Building.

That is all I've wanted since I start vaping, great flavor and good clouds. I was tired of buying coils, getting bad coils, or the coils would burn up because I like to chain vape, and most of all getting bad flavor.

To be honest, with the BOREAS I don't chain vape as much as I was.

All of the above is why I have bought a 2nd BOREAS and my Crius and Griffin will sit neglected, unused 99% of the time.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Thats the thing. I am loving the flavor I get from the BOREAS. To me the flavor is better then the Crown or the Griffin.

Now I am noob but I like the flavor and have found the tank that gives me the best of all worlds. Flavor, Clouds, Building.

That is all I've wanted since I start vaping, great flavor and good clouds. I was tired of buying coils, getting bad coils, or the coils would burn up because I like to chain vape, and most of all getting bad flavor.

To be honest, with the BOREAS I don't chain vape as much as I was.

All of the above is why I have bought a 2nd BOREAS and my Crius and Griffin will sit neglected, unused 99% of the time.

That depends on entirely which builds you use, your wicking style, airflow allowance and your wattage range. If you're taking the full advantage of the Boreas deck with a big ass 2.5mm-4mm build with several wraps at, 85-100W+ it's not going to be a flavor god. It'll still give good flavor, but yeah. Also, on the Crown and Griffin, I never got good flavor, or at least very good flavor. I don't think any sub ohm tank has ever given me what I consider good flavor. The Griffin I didn't like, the JFC spun way too freely and it didn't hold much juice at all, plus the glass was too close to the chamber and choked out higher VG juices. A good 2mm dual clapton build in the Alleria at like 60W with 3/4 airflow allowance gives AMAZING flavor. In my opinion, the Alleria is everything the Griffin should've been.

I fill mine from the bottom now. I can fill the tank to the top with no leaks.

As do I, it's faster too. No tilting, closing and opening of AFC/JFC, etc. Just unthread the tank, then the cap, fill, rethread, vape.

Anyone seen the Avocado 24mm? It now has a fill lever port so you can easily use dual coil builds without pain in the ass filling, and it holds 5mls. I might pick one up, though I can already tell it's no Boreas or Supreme in terms of vape quality, the Avocado never gave me a true dripper vape due to the basic/wonky ass airflow on it. Plus it perpetually gave spitback.

Last edited:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Regarding bottom filling.

You leave the AFC/JC open and put the juice in where?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You have to leave them open to fill from the bottom, as you fill through the juice flow allowance ports when bottom filling. You literally fill until you see juice rising up from the holes, the entire tank gets filled. You fit like 8.2mls in it bottom filling.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
MNaumov92 - I just got a LAVABOX with the 900 mah battery. How is the 1300 mah battery working out for you?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Same as the Efusion Duo/Efusion to be honest, I've had my Lavabox since they launched and I just recently picked up the expansion kit. I still use my AxisVapes M17 and Custom DNA200 the most, but the 1,300mah expansion has made my Lavabox a mod I use far more often due to a 900mah battery dying so quickly compared to a 1,300mah I can get a good half day out of. Imagine vaping a dual 18650 mod at like, 125W, that's how long the 1,300mah Lavabox lasts.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Same as the Efusion Duo/Efusion to be honest, I've had my Lavabox since they launched and I just recently picked up the expansion kit. I still use my AxisVapes M17 and Custom DNA200 the most, but the 1,300mah expansion has made my Lavabox a mod I use far more often due to a 900mah battery dying so quickly compared to a 1,300mah I can get a good half day out of. Imagine vaping a dual 18650 mod at like, 125W, that's how long the 1,300mah Lavabox lasts.

I've been constantly charging since I got it on Thursday/Friday? What day is it?

I blame all the charging on Roxy and the BOREAS. ;)

the 900mah does not last long but charges fast which is good.

I guess I'm gonna have to break down and buy the 1300mah upgrade. I already knew that, was just hoping to wait until the 29th to pull the trigger.

Off to Volcano I go.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
When you add 400mah to a 3S lipo you're in all reality getting a total of 1,200mah worth of extra capacity due to it's 400mah added to three cells. Unless you vape at 12.6V, which isn't possible on a DNA200 obviously.

A 1,300mah 3S is 3,900mah at 3.7V, and Lipo's have more efficiency in terms of electrolytic concentration and such so 3,900mah in a well made Lithium Polymer battery is sort of like 4,200-,4,300mah in a Lithium Ion. So it's more like a 4,250mah battery in all reality, because lipos will not sag as hard as lithium ion batteries, meaning it'll take the Lipo longer to dip below the 3.1V per cell cutoff where-as an 18650 setup will sag down to lower than 2.9V at around 3.3-3.4V charge.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When you add 400mah to a 3S lipo you're in all reality getting a total of 1,200mah worth of extra capacity due to it's 400mah added to three cells. Unless you vape at 12.6V, which isn't possible on a DNA200 obviously.

A 1,300mah 3S is 3,900mah at 3.7V, and Lipo's have more efficiency in terms of electrolytic concentration and such so 3,900mah in a well made Lithium Polymer battery is sort of like 4,200-,4,300mah in a Lithium Ion. So it's more like a 4,250mah 26650 in terms of life.

That is a good thing, right? :D

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, it is a good thing. Imagine a dual 18650 mod with two Sony VTC4 2,100mah batteries in it, that's the life you'll get off a 1,300mah 3S.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You could buy two expansion kits, and a good charger and swap out the lipos, or just swap out between 900 and 1,300mah setups.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You could buy two expansion kits, and a good charger and swap out the lipos, or just swap out between 900 and 1,300mah setups.

Now you tell me!

I already ordered one.

Swapping out the batteries seems like more hassle but..... It is definitely an idea to explore.

VU Sponsors