Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got fed up trying to trap twisted 24 ga ti in my Tfv4 dual deck last night so decided to pick up a Boreas. None of my local b+m's had them but I found a guy selling one on Craigslist. Picked it up earlier. #421 (damn, 1 digit from perfect).

Just gave it a bath and threw a dual 6 wrap twisted ti coil in there, and it was so easy I ended up making it my first sleeper coil. This is my first velocity style deck and I'm totally sold on the ease of building. Used the deck with the larger holes but will give the other one a shot on my next build. Wicked with rayon, no leaks, gurgles, or dry hitting...and I'm already running higher temps and wattages than the tfv4 could ever hope to handle.

This is my new all day use tank, and as solid as it seems to be built I think I'll be enjoying it for a long time.

Well done Roxy, and Augvape. I look forward to buying a black one when they become available here in western Canada.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I got fed up trying to trap twisted 24 ga ti in my Tfv4 dual deck last night so decided to pick up a Boreas. None of my local b+m's had them but I found a guy selling one on Craigslist. Picked it up earlier. #421 (damn, 1 digit from perfect).

Just gave it a bath and threw a dual 6 wrap twisted ti coil in there, and it was so easy I ended up making it my first sleeper coil. This is my first velocity style deck and I'm totally sold on the ease of building. Used the deck with the larger holes but will give the other one a shot on my next build. Wicked with rayon, no leaks, gurgles, or dry hitting...and I'm already running higher temps and wattages than the tfv4 could ever hope to handle.

This is my new all day use tank, and as solid as it seems to be built I think I'll be enjoying it for a long time.

Well done Roxy, and Augvape. I look forward to buying a black one when they become available here in western Canada.

Someone sold his on CL?! Just kidding :) Glad you got it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Mathematics-the universal language :)

Mathematics is actually pretty widely debated among mathematicians across the world, so I wouldn't call it universal, mathematicians are some of the quickest people to tell you how wrong everyone else in the community is. At least when it comes to theoretical math and debated things (especially in the physics world), a lot of it is established basically as law, but a lot of it also isn't.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm pretty sure he is attempting to be a b+m without the actual b+m storefront. He was also selling spools of ss wire, and had a few other ad's up for rx200's. All brand new.

I'm a happy customer, even if I did have to drive a bit further than I normally would for gear.

Hopefully my regular stores will notice and start stocking them. A black one would look great on my rx200, although I might have to grab a second rx because the Bellus might get lonely.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A somewhat related story...

I was walking up to the location where the seller told me to meet him. Said he was wearing a yellow coat.

So I walk up to this guy leaning against the wall, wearing a yellow coat, and tell him that I'm here for the Boreas.

Long story short, wrong guy.

Turns out I was a half of a block away from the actual seller.

Everyone had a good laugh.

Last edited:

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A somewhat related story...

So I was walking up to the location where the seller told me to meet him. Said he was wearing a yellow coat.

So I walk up to this guy leaning against the wall, wearing a yellow coat, and tell him that I'm here for the Boreas.

Long story short, wrong guy.

Turns out I was a half of a block away from the actual seller.

Everyone had a good laugh.
Did he perhaps have a mute friend with him?

ea751391-cc97-45b2-9096-8939c0ae079f.png

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Roxy, looks like you were right about my deck flooding. Took Boreas apart tonight, looked over all the o-ring and rewicked with longer tails. Packed them in pretty good. Refilled twice now. No drips when it's upside down. Only nice dense vape coming out now. No dry hits either. Thank you. Really liking this tank that you helped design.

HD

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Roxy, looks like you were right about my deck flooding. Took Boreas apart tonight, looked over all the o-ring and rewicked with longer tails. Packed them in pretty good. Refilled twice now. No drips when it's upside down. Only nice dense vape coming out now. No dry hits either. Thank you. Really liking this tank that you helped design.

HD

Glad it's solved :) It wasn't flooded so much that it came out the airholes. Just enough to come out the drip tip when inverted.

gfdeputy2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the bottom fill Tip that works great
I am a little bummed as I have to wait for Boreas #2. I need a new 4 bay charger & just purchased a bunch of coil building stuff, truck needed inspection
as when I went to order the black Boreas it was out of stock but now I am out of cash till Friday
Plus I had to get more batteries since getting the Boreas My RX200, Smok Xcube2 & Cuboid only last 1/2 a day on a charge. I know running duel claptons @.25 ohms does suck the power but so does the fact I can't stop vaping this thing. Good thing I DIY as I am going through 20-30 ML per day

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay pros --- What id would you recommend for a 1 ohm build using 28g kanthal - I've decided to give double coil and shot on this bad boy. I have 28 or 30 awg on hand.

I actually did a .6 ohm last night and all it did was reaffirm my dislike of that low of a build.
There's a lot of other tanks out there that will meet ur needs, I think the ALLERIA is the tank for you...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess taste is a subjective thing. Seems most of us love the flavor we get from the BOREAS.

Hell when I first got my Crown I thought nothing coud top that. Then I got a Griffin, same thing.

Then I got the BOREAS - Game Changer in my book.

The only dripper I have is a Sapor and I hate it.

Love the BOREAS!

Its Gold I tell ya. Its Gold! :D Bania from Seinfeld.

Sapor is a great flavor RDA HANDS DOWN

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay pros --- What id would you recommend for a 1 ohm build using 28g kanthal - I've decided to give double coil and shot on this bad boy. I have 28 or 30 awg on hand.

I actually did a .6 ohm last night and all it did was reaffirm my dislike of that low of a build.

Lots of good advice on this so far. I will add that your wire makes a big difference. A 0.6 ohm build with 28g kanthal does not vape the same as a 0.6 ohm build with 24g. The 24 will be smoother and able to vape "cooler" than the 28g build when below 1 ohm.

If you want to try subohm, you should build with wire intended to run subohm. If you don't want to get into claptons and other coil builds, at least pick up some 26g SS wire to give a 0.4 - 0.6 ohm build a fair chance.
If you can temp control the SS wire... even better. Get your temps exactly where you want it.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So, on a whim I replaced the 510 pin and insulator with the second 2.0mm deck and since then I have had no leaking issues. Is there any place that I can purchase just the deck or deck parts?

Thanks all!

I agree with Brewbear to contact Subtank Supply first.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(this thing is 18,600mah at 3.7V, 155A continuous, 310A burst.) I just take off the magnetic door and swap the lipos. Takes, ten seconds. I never even use the onboard balance charger on this particular mod.

I post this not to correct you, but to help keep people from searching for the next 12 months to find a 18,600 mah lipo pack that will fit into a mod enclosure ;)

A 3s 18,600 mah 25c pack would be the size of a brick and about 3-4 lbs. Your 6,200 mah pack is a 6,200 mah pack.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just shot them an email. Crossing my fingers!

If they can't help, I'll ask Augvape but I can't promise anything. You just need a positive post, insulators and 510 pin?

I will also check if the prototype ones will work if SS can't help, but I only got two to go with 8 decks, lol! I had to keep moving them to other decks as I did the testing.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There is a Microphone button on the Keypad...you say something and it types it out for you...
If its not showing then hold the "Settings" button on the keyboard until you see it, then click it.
Good for driving or if you suck at texting...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is what I have heard.

I cannot get flavor out of it for sht.

Maybe put some clapton coils in it?
I had 22 g NICHROME 5/6wraps when I had mine and wow... What coils do you have on it right now?

VU Sponsors