Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will try tonight when I get home.
If u gonna use 26gk
Twist it 8 wraps that's should pump the heat and burn more juice, ITS ALL ABOUT SURFACE AREA
, you have to maximize it to get the full benefits same thing with the BOREAS big,fat, wide coils is needed, IMO, that's why your a getting intense flavor from it...try putting 26 g micro coil on the BOREAS IT WILL SPIT IT OUT LOL...
Good luck

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have some 24 g kanthal
24g parallel is not bad for a nice simple but effective build. Parallel can be a little annoying but with that gauge wire I think it'd be stiff enough to make it a little simpler. Just be careful installing them not to pull one lead and not the other.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm done buying tanks, mods, juice for now.. Maybe a mutation RDTA ? Raymo RDTA? Other than those 2 I mentioned, I have no interest on what's out there
Griffin 25 hahahaha
Ijoy thang please!!!
Gemini.. GTFOH !!
HERKALES RTA don't even bother

VAPE IT

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I post this not to correct you, but to help keep people from searching for the next 12 months to find a 18,600 mah lipo pack that will fit into a mod enclosure ;)

A 3s 18,600 mah 25c pack would be the size of a brick and about 3-4 lbs. Your 6,200 mah pack is a 6,200 mah pack.

18,600mah equivalent at 3.7v, 12,400mah equivalent at 7.2v, 6,200mah true at 11.1v. I did point that out but I understand what you were doing here. To be fair a 6,200mah 25C pack is STILL a brick that weighs almost over a pound.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wish I could justify a Dotmod... or even better the new Dotbox.

The DotMod that is out for delivery is just a DotMod Friction Drip Tip. I just got a lavabox so I cannot afford another Mod anytime soon. But the DotMod DNA200 does look kinda cool. Maybe a future purchase after I build up another Vape Budget. My budget is destroyed for the next 2 - 3 months.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The DotMod that is out for delivery is just a DotMod Friction Drip Tip. I just got a lavabox so I cannot afford another Mod anytime soon. But the DotMod DNA200 does look kinda cool. Maybe a future purchase after I build up another Vape Budget. My budget is destroyed for the next 2 - 3 months.

If you like the DNA world #ElitistVaping there's actually some pretty cheap DNA200's. Like the Player DNA, seen it as low as $119.99, has an 1,100mah lipo that can be easily swapped out with a dual 18650 sled, caps it at 133W 6V output though.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
There's a lot of other tanks out there that will meet ur needs, I think the ALLERIA is the tank for you...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind if the need arrises.

This tank was purchased to show solidarity for Roxy --- it has never been meant to replace what I'm already doing, lol.

With that said, it's been dialed in since yesterday and very happy with it and am definitely rethinking my future vaping strategy :)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That was a joke, but to be fair a lot of DNA owners seem to take that stance when talking about non-DNA mods.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
There's something about VAPING on the DNA IMO

Usually it's just accuracy, thanks to the 97% efficiency of the DNA chip due to it using exclusively buck and even at its highest voltage output of 9V it's STILL drawing less voltage than is in all three (or two in 133W 6V volt) cells of the battery.

Buck only chips are very efficient, and combine that with the quality of Evolv and you get a chip that actually gives you the wattage you dial in, unlike some of these China mods that try to do a fake 200W with dual 18650's. You can do about 170-180W maximum, and this is only at FULL charges on good batteries, SAFELY on 18650's.

After voltage drop and battery sag at full charge at 200W you're sagging/dropping down to 3.4-3.5V per cell, trying to pull 200W with 6.8-7V. So, with boost chips, it modifies current draw to pull more current to up the voltage, but it still has limits. So they use PWM and capacitor charge/discharge setups to achieve that pseudo-200W. Another good thing about a buck setup is, for example, say your input is 9V, and you got a build pushing 40A, but it's on an output voltage of 4.5V. Your input (draw off the batteries) amperage is only 20A, yet you're outputting 40A. Oh hail the buck chip efficiency.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Usually it's just accuracy, thanks to the 97% efficiency of the DNA chip due to it using exclusively buck and even at its highest voltage output of 9V it's STILL drawing less voltage than is in all three (or two in 133W 6V volt) cells of the battery.

Buck only chips are very efficient, and combine that with the quality of Evolv and you get a chip that actually gives you the wattage you dial in, unlike some of these China mods that try to do a fake 200W with dual 18650's. You can do about 170-180W maximum, and this is only at FULL charges on good batteries, SAFELY on 18650's.

After voltage drop and battery sag at full charge at 200W you're sagging/dropping down to 3.4-3.5V per cell, trying to pull 200W with 6.8-7V. So, with boost chips, it modifies current draw to pull more current to up the voltage, but it still has limits. So they use PWM and capacitor charge/discharge setups to achieve that pseudo-200W. Another good thing about a buck setup is, for example, say your input is 9V, and you got a build pushing 40A, but it's on an output voltage of 4.5V. Your input (draw off the batteries) amperage is only 20A, yet you're outputting 40A. Oh hail the buck chip efficiency.
BUCK??

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f6965660b82bf8915e5c97d04659ae56.jpg

There she is...

VAPE IT

I just got my Boreas today. I took it apart and washed everything, put it together and started vaping. I looked in the bowl that I cleaned it in and there was an o-ring in there. I can't figure out where it goes. It did leak pretty bad when I refilled it. Maybe someone can help me figure out where it goes. Its sitting next to the drip tip.o-ring 3.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well if anything, you won't be able to get the flat version so it's sort of a 'rarity' now. If anyone ever sells an original Boreas, tack on an extra $5 for the OG factor and tell anyone who bitches to cough up the cash or walk.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my Boreas today. I took it apart and washed everything, put it together and started vaping. I looked in the bowl that I cleaned it in and there was an o-ring in there. I can't figure out where it goes. It did leak pretty bad when I refilled it. Maybe someone can help me figure out where it goes. Its sitting next to the drip tip.View attachment 48046
Take it a part
That's really hard to tell

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
EJ, come on now don't leave me hanging. StS or Eciggity?

VU Sponsors