The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hohm Wrecker G2 FTW .007, I fired a .04 on it earlier..

You don't even have enough potential wattage at 151 watts to fire a .007 build at anything desirable output voltage-wise, same with a .04. That ramp up would be horrid, plus the amperage draw off the 18650's would be no where near safe. The DNA fires down to 0.01, which is about as low as anyone would ever have a purpose of going, to be honest I think anything below 0.08 is pointless. Unless it's on an unregulated box with several batteries in parallel.

The new Uwell Rafale-X RDA has a neutral post which touches no metal, you can build series TC builds and have the resistance double (stack) instead of halving it in a standard parallel build. Perfect RDA for TC, fucking beautiful idea.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You don't even have enough potential wattage at 151 watts to fire a .007 build at anything desirable output voltage-wise, same with a .04. That ramp up would be horrid, plus the amperage draw off the 18650's would be no where near safe. The DNA fires down to 0.01, which is about as low as anyone would ever have a purpose of going, to be honest I think anything below 0.08 is pointless. Unless it's on an unregulated box with several batteries in parallel.
Im pretty stunned someone new to the forum is telling me information I already know....I was just explaining that it can and will fire that low, even if its not enough to fire it you still have the overhead....thats all.
You may be a engineer, but Ive done this for a very long time...I know what works and what doesnt, but having the capabilities is another things and thats the reason I love it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Im pretty stunned someone new to the forum is telling me information I already know....I was just explaining that it can and will fire that low, even if its not enough to fire it you still have the overhead....thats all.
You may be a engineer, but Ive done this for a very long time...I know what works and what doesnt, but having the capabilities is another things and thats the reason I love it.

Other people read these posts man, it's not all about you. Even at 0.01, it would take 205W to reach 1.2 Volts, which is the minimum a coil needs to even atomize liquid. It's more-so about commenting on mod manufacturers for releasing boards with bullshit ohm limits than commenting about you. Don't get so touchy, it's bad for the soul.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Other people read these posts man, it's not all about you. Even at 0.01, it would take 205W to reach 1.2 Volts, which is the minimum a coil needs to even atomize liquid. It's more-so about commenting on mod manufacturers for releasing boards with bullshit ohm limits than commenting about you. Don't get so touchy, it's bad for the soul.
No one who is going to build that low is going to vape on it regulated if vaping on it at all, but your right...some people read the posts....but if they expected 151w (2V-2.6V) to power a build to a quality of vape then I doubt reading about it would change anything...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ive torn out that build (was just to shock and awe)...will be putting in a higher resistance setup for it, somewhere in the .07-08 range tomorrow...The HOGs dead now so I wont be building as low until I build a 6/18650 mod...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've seen regulated mods vent the hell out of batteries, even seen entire mods catch on fire at idle. Regulated doesn't ensure safety, just increases it. Idiots always find a way of fucking things up.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Define dead, like you bricked the mod or the batteries powering it are dead?
Like the entire internals melted as they werent QC'd properly, I feel they should have used atleast 12g wire and much thicker contacts...
20160418_144216.jpg

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've seen regulated mods vent the hell out of batteries, even seen the entire mod catch on fire at idle. Regulated doesn't ensure safety, just increases it. Idiots always find a way of fucking things up.
I think thats called Darwinism...and/or Murphies Law...you cant fix stupid but nature always finds a way to weed them out

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think thats called Darwinism...and/or Murphies Law...you cant fix stupid but nature always finds a way to weed them out

But when idiots hurt themselves vaping, it makes us all look bad, and the FDA has yet another round to chamber into the gun pointed at vaping in the US.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
But when idiots hurt themselves vaping, it makes us all look bad, and the FDA has yet another round to chamber into the gun pointed at vaping in the US.
I have a few rounds specifically loaded for the FDA and anyone else that decides to come to my house ;)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
will it fire with a SS clapton below .1 on the rx in tc?
Yes, had one at it's reading .08-.09Ω, my meter was registering it flipping between .07-.08Ω ran fine in TC. That said, I took it out, overall it didn't really vape better than the previous build I had in there, just gave a crazy nicotine hit. No bigger cloud, actually seemed like less, no better flavor or any of that stuff, just a lot more nicotine hit.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have a few rounds specifically loaded for the FDA and anyone else that decides to come to my house ;)

This is why I own an illogical amount of DNA200 devices, why I have 10 DNA200 boards sitting in a box, have several gallons worth of DIY eliquid supplies in the fridge and why I only use rebuildable devices. If the shit hits the fan, it's the builders who will survive.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I agree but I would only keep 1 or 2 DNA devices and stock up on my favorite Regulated Mod and I already own a library of mechs, rda's, rta's, and about a lifetime of batteries..juice would be my issue as my consumption isnt easy to grasp for most....more then likely I would cut down but I would be out of juice in no time...no matter how much I stock up on it.

I still need to order 2-3 more Boreas's, I would buy 5 if they came in 28mm or 30mm!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Big Tobacco and Big Pharma has their hooks so deep into the FDA and various politicians you can't trust jack and shit to be safe when it comes to vaping these days. Vaping is in the crosshairs while drugs that readily cause birth defects, lifelong addictions, anal leakage, thoughts of suicide, sudden infant death syndrome, exploding head syndrome, cancerous growths, immune damage and lists of other horrible side effects are flooding the market peacefully every, single, day.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Big Tobacco and Big Pharma has their hooks so deep into the FDA and various politicians you can't trust jack and shit to be safe when it comes to vaping these days. Vaping is in the crosshairs while drugs that readily cause birth defects, lifelong addictions, anal leakage, thoughts of suicide, sudden infant death syndrome, exploding head syndrome, cancerous growths, immune damage and lists of other horrible side effects are flooding the market peacefully every, single, day.
My state threw up a 92% tax on vape products and nic...yet are proposing the legalization of smoking m*rijuana, and my town is #1 for h*roin use in the country...the COUNTRY...so lets take it out on something healthy...

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tell me more about this exploding head syndrome. :huh:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My state threw up a 92% tax on vape products and nic...yet are proposing the legalization of smoking m*rijuana, and my town is #1 for h*roin use in the country...the COUNTRY...so lets take it out on something healthy...

That is big government for ya. Can't see the forest for the money.

Never vote for another incumbent or professional scumbag politician again!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Tell me more about this exploding head syndrome. :huh:

It's not what it sounds like, it's when you hear sudden loud bangs, crashes or similar noises that appear to be coming from inside your head (mind), several things are known to cause it.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It's not what it sounds like, it's when you hear sudden loud bangs, crashes or similar noises that appear to be coming from inside your head (mind), several things are known to cause it.

I have that, too, but I have neuro Lyme.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Oh god, it takes a while for Lyme to become neurological too, was the target rash hidden? Or do you have neuroborreliosis?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Oh god, it takes a while for Lyme to become neurological too, was the target rash hidden? Or do you have neuroborreliosis?

It took them 10 years to diagnose me. All they kept saying was you couldn't get Lyme here. Kept checking me for RA and Lupus over and over.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So they assumed autoimmune until it became neurological? Jesus, talk about incompetence.

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
HOLY SHIT BALLS @raymo2u !!! I finally got around to putting those beasty mothers you sent me into the Boreas.... Put em on the bigger deck and stuffed it full of wicking....So at 120w 6mg nic my head is spinning!!! Wow is all I can say, just wow! .10ohms, freaking flavor and clouds....

Anyone just getting a Boreas, do yourself a solid and order at least one set of magic from Ray just to treat yourself to something ohhh soo special!

I gotta go lay down...and then find my 3mg juice....:confused::facepalm::bingo::cloud::cloud::cloud:<3<3

VU Sponsors