Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think Boreas has fantastic flavor. And I've vaped damn near every RTA there is, lol!

I agree 100%.

I mentioned in an earlier post how I had put some of my favorite e-jusice in the BOREAS when I first got it and set it up. My God the flavor was absolutely delicious.

That juice is expensive so I will only vape it Once or twice a week. But when I do use that juice I will only use it in the BOREAS. Main reason I bought a second BOREAS

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Now you tell me!

I already ordered one.

Swapping out the batteries seems like more hassle but..... It is definitely an idea to explore.

It's faster than waiting on a battery to charge for sure.

I never said the Boreas doesn't give good flavor, it definitely does, but I wouldn't classify it as a flavor RTA or crown it king of flavor.

Last edited:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I never said the Boreas doesn't give good flavor, it definitely does, but I wouldn't classify it as a flavor RTA or crown it king of flavor.

But... I see you have:wave: 3 BOREAS tanks.....

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
But... I see you have:wave: 3 BOREAS tanks.....

It's my favorite tank, but I'm more of a heat and lungfill kind of guy, but I do like flavor as well. I'm just not a flavor chaser.

Also, on my custom 6,200mah 25C 3S Lipo powered DNA200 box (thing is huge, but still handheld.) I used an XT60 60 amp connector and contracted out the company I engineer for (remaining nameless, I'm a bit of an asshole so I give them transparency.) to make two of the given lipo cells I use so I can keep one on the charger, then usually 2-3 days later (this thing is 18,600mah at 3.7V, 155A continuous, 310A burst.) I just take off the magnetic door and swap the lipos. Takes, ten seconds. I never even use the onboard balance charger on this particular mod.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I guess taste is a subjective thing. Seems most of us love the flavor we get from the BOREAS.

Hell when I first got my Crown I thought nothing coud top that. Then I got a Griffin, same thing.

Then I got the BOREAS - Game Changer in my book.

The only dripper I have is a Sapor and I hate it.

Love the BOREAS!

Its Gold I tell ya. Its Gold! :D Bania from Seinfeld.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I never said the flavor off the Boreas wasn't great, but I wouldn't call it a game changer in terms of flavor. I loved my Sapor when I had one.

The Boreas gives great flavor, but a Kayfun Mini V3 with a micro clapton build gives ungodly good flavor. My Alleria and Serpent give better flavor than the Boreas, I'd call the Boreas identical in terms of flavor to the Moonshot, and the Moonshot gives very good flavor production due to its small size. Less distance for the vapor to travel from coils to your mouth.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never said the flavor off the Boreas wasn't great, but I wouldn't call it a game changer in terms of flavor. I loved my Sapor when I had one.

The Boreas gives great flavor, but a Kayfun Mini V3 with a micro clapton build gives ungodly good flavor.

Like I said - You have 3 BOREAS tanks. Must be doing something right! :mooncat:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm also not a flavor chaser, I vape my Boreas at 140-220W on average.

With a powerhouse like the Boreas, you've got a huge build deck and a ton of airflow. This isn't a tank geared for flavor chasing, it produces pretty damned good flavor, but would I call it the king of flavor across all rebuildable devices? No, but not for a lack of quality, it's just not what I would call a flavor chasing tank. Neither is the Aromamizer Supreme.

So far the BEST flavor I've EVER gotten off of a setup was this:

Kayfun Mini V3, 1.8mm Micro 28 with 34 ga 6 wrap clapton build, .72 ohms, 30 watts. The flavor was absolutely amazing, I tasted things in that juice (which I've vaped on for MONTHS) that I'd never even tasted before. The airflow setting was enough for a restricted lung hit, as I'm not a MtL vaper.

Last edited:

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's kinda ridiculous. Generally run the tank around 60w with my fused Claptons. At the shop yesterday, hitting it at 130w with more cloudage than a goon rda at the same w

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just busting your chops Mikhail. Not sure if I spelled that right so please forgive me.

It is all subjective. You must remember I am new to all this.

However, I want great flavor, great clouds and to install my own coils, whether I make them or buy them, and the BOREAS does it for me. The BOREAS checks all my boxes.

Did I mention I love the flavor and the clouds?

We just have to agree to disagree my friend. It does not make either of us right or wrong. We are humans and we do not have to agree 100% on everything or anything. Thank God!

What we have here is a draw.

I believe it is a game changer and you like the BOREAS. It is all good! :grumpy:

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got framed staples in one of my Boreas's right now, running it on the RX200 at 250 watts comfortably. Nothing but heat and clouds, with decent flavor.
Like you said at that high of a wattage some of the flavor will suffer. But you will get some hella clouds!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I wasn't taking offense or anything, so no worries.

I think the Boreas is a game changer in the world of rebuildable dripper tanks, but not a game changer for flavor chasers.

On my vape, I like the flavor to be present enough to taste it fairly well, then I MUST have a ton of heat, and a ton of lung fill. It's about the way I feel post-inhale, when you inhale a ton of vapor it just makes you fill, full.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You've been a member for around two weeks longer than me, and I burst post in periods. Due to my work schedule I'll have a few days full of free time and a few days where I'm basically a company slave.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wasn't taking offense or anything, so no worries.

I think the Boreas is a game changer in the world of rebuildable dripper tanks, but not a game changer for flavor chasers.

On my vape, I like the flavor to be present enough to taste it fairly well, then I MUST have a ton of heat, and a ton of lung fill. It's about the way I feel post-inhale, when you inhale a ton of vapor it just makes you fill, full.

I didn't think you were taking offense. I know you are not from America so I didn't want you to think I was ragging on you.

I have noticed from your posts that you like to examine, contemplate, and debate. It is all good my friend.

I like the fact you do agree in part that the BOREAS is a game changer. Maybe for different reasons than I. But also for the same reasons.

See, we ain't so different.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You've been a member for around two weeks longer than me, and I burst post in periods. Due to my work schedule I'll have a few days full of free time and a few days where I'm basically a company slave.
You are not supposed to notice that.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have zero latent inhibition, so my mind is a constant jumble of stimuli. This causes me to go back and edit the same post several times, and the fact I type 184WPM makes me very error-prone so that's another reason I edit my posts due to the fact I'm obsessed with my own grammar and spelling. I speak 8 languages fluently, and making errors in any of them makes me feel like I'm disgracing that particular language. Though to be fair, six of the languages I speak are Slavic-based languages that are all due to the area of Serbia I was born and grew up in, there was a large displacement of Slavic people after the collapse of the Soviet Union and Yugoslav wars so there were a lot of languages floating around in the village I grew up in, then I speak English and Latin fluently as well. I love language.

Languages:

Serbian/Serbo-Croatian
Croatian/Serbo-Croatian
Russian
Bosnian
Montenegrin
Czech
English
Latin

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think it's kinda ridiculous. Generally run the tank around 60w with my fused Claptons. At the shop yesterday, hitting it at 130w with more cloudage than a goon rda at the same w

Gotta love the BOREAS. I have noticed that the fused Claptons rock at higher wattages.

I never would have gone as high as 125 if someone hadn't sold me some kick ass coils. And also if someone hadn't developed the BOREAS.

I'd still be a tootle puffer vaping happily along at 40 - 60 watts

Thanks Ray!
Thanks Roxy!

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta love the BOREAS. I have noticed that the fused Claptons rock at higher wattages.

I never would have gone as high as 125 if someone hadn't sold me some kick ass coils. And also if someone hadn't developed the BOREAS.

I'd still be a tootle puffer vaping happily along at 40 - 60 watts

Thanks Ray!
Thanks Roxy!
I run the same coils in a twisted messes at 105w. Always. My 22g builds run from 90-110w. I'm not used to it in a rta.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
In my 30mm RTA's I run on my 3 and 4S PWM unregulated lipo boxes I have builds that range from 450-1,000 Watts, but it takes a very particular type of build and wicking method, plus a ton of airflow, to vape on those kinds of wattages.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have zero latent inhibition, so my mind is a constant jumble of stimuli. This causes me to go back and edit the same post several times, and the fact I type 184WPM makes me very error-prone so that's another reason I edit my posts due to the fact I'm obsessed with my own grammar and spelling. I speak 8 languages fluently, and making errors in any of them makes me feel like I'm disgracing that particular language. Though to be fair, six of the languages I speak are Slavic-based languages that are all due to the area of Serbia I was born and grew up in, there was a large displacement of Slavic people after the collapse of the Soviet Union and Yugoslav wars so there were a lot of languages floating around in the village I grew up in, then I speak English and Latin fluently as well. I love language.

Languages:

Serbian/Serbo-Croatian
Croatian/Serbo-Croatian
Russian
Bosnian
Montenegrin
Czech
English
Latin

I only speak one language. 'Merican.

Still it is all good. it is fun to debate with you and I know about the multiple stimuli and the mind going a thousand different directions in a nano second. Typing everyhting is a pain. I recently had surgery on my wrist and am now only getting to where I can type with both hands again. Try typing with one hand. It'll drive you bat guano crazy.

I do wish I knew more than one language. But, it is what it is.

I can only say it has been a pleasure to meet and chat with you. Although some may disagree with me on that.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's extremely easy to wire an unregulated lipo box, though if you want to PWM them with a 555 and a potentiometer it's, more difficult and time consuming. You just wire the mosfet to a deans connector, or an XT30/60 (these are the best kinds) instead of a sled, then wire everything from there such as the switch and 510, then plug in the lipo. WAY easier than wiring 18650 mods.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I only speak one language. 'Merican.

Still it is all good. it is fun to debate with you and I know about the multiple stimuli and the mind going a thousand different directions in a nano second. Typing everyhting is a pain. I recently had surgery on my wrist and am now only getting to where I can type with both hands again. Try typing with one hand. It'll drive you bat guano crazy.

I do wish I knew more than one language. But, it is what it is.

I can only say it has been a pleasure to meet and chat with you. Although some may disagree with me on that.

Being multi-lingual has its downsides, sometimes you jumble multiple languages together in the same sentence. As a native Serbian, my thoughts, when I talk to myself and such are still entirely in Serbian, and when I speak to people sometimes I start a sentence out in Serbian, realize what I'm doing, backpeddle into English and this just gets confusing from here.

I may try a twisted messes. But with the BOREAS... Why. Rhetorical Question. :D

The Twisted Messes V2/Squared is a VERY good RDA. But if you're on a budget and want an RDA with a ton of potential airflow and posts that take fatass builds, the Wismec Indestructible is a VERY good choice.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't even buy a DNA with a lipo in it. I have probably like 30 2/3/4s lipos. Just not sold on the carry anywhere kinda thing. I store my lipos in burn bags, then stacked in ammo containers so....

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's extremely easy to wire an unregulated lipo box, though if you want to PWM them with a 555 and a potentiometer it's, more difficult and time consuming. You just wire the mosfet to a deans connector, or an XT30/60 (these are the best kinds) instead of a sled, then wire everything from there such as the switch and 510, then plug in the lipo. WAY easier than wiring 18650 mods.

interesting

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I wouldn't even buy a DNA with a lipo in it. I have probably like 30 2/3/4s lipos. Just not sold on the carry anywhere kinda thing. I store my lipos in burn bags, then stacked in ammo containers so....

I'm an electrical engineer who works for a lithium polymer company as a designer, so I have hundreds of batteries lying around. If you're nervous about pack damage on the go, try out some hardpack lipo batteries, those things can take a hell of a beating.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Like I said, hardpack lipos my friend. Those things are damned near indestructible. I took a ball peen hammer to one once to see if I could puncture it, it took a good 15 minutes of hard abuse before I cracked the outer shell, and even then the inner cells were still fine.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Being multi-lingual has its downsides, sometimes you jumble multiple languages together in the same sentence. As a native Serbian, my thoughts, when I talk to myself and such are still entirely in Serbian, and when I speak to people sometimes I start a sentence out in Serbian, realize what I'm doing, backpeddle into English and this just gets confusing from here.

The Twisted Messes V2/Squared is a VERY good RDA. But if you're on a budget and want an RDA with a ton of potential airflow and posts that take fatass builds, the Wismec Indestructible is a VERY good choice.

I have tried to learn multiple langaugaes and end up butchering them all.

One of my favorite movies. Tombstone - Has a scene where Doc Holiday is speaking Latin.

Being able to speak Latin shows that you have been educated.

Latin and Russian are languages I would like to learn.

Don't know. I kind of like the Twisted Messes but had bad lock with the Sapor so I'm not sure if I want another RDA. Plus I have the BOREAS. Why would I need an RDA?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Variation, I own tons of RDA's and I exclusively vape on Boreas tanks most of the time. I learned Latin because it's the language of science, and science is the thread that holds my entire worldview together.

Russian and other Slavic language is complicated, you have to learn an entire new alphabet, Cyrillic. Also, with most languages other than English, you have words with no proper translation base outside of the language so it gets tricky, then you have formal and casual variations of the same words. English is a very simplified language, but it was a bitch for me to learn because so many words are synonymous with other words unlike most other languages.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to leave them open to fill from the bottom, as you fill through the juice flow allowance ports when bottom filling. You literally fill until you see juice rising up from the holes, the entire tank gets filled. You fit like 8.2mls in it bottom filling.

This 100% how I plan on filling mine when it gets delivered.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like I said, hardpack lipos my friend. Those things are damned near indestructible. I took a ball peen hammer to one once to see if I could puncture it, it took a good 15 minutes of hard abuse before I cracked the outer shell, and even then the inner cells were still fine.
I had a hard pack swell once. It was a 2000mah 3s 80c. I didn't realize it had puffed, burnt through the plastic chassis. Everything was under warranty, so no real harm done. My lipos have very hard lives. Submerging, snow packed, sand filled, doubled weight in mud, crashes, quad copter and always attempting triple back flips.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Variation, I own tons of RDA's and I exclusively vape on Boreas tanks most of the time. I learned Latin because it's the language of science, and science is the thread that holds my entire worldview together.

Russian and other Slavic language is complicated, you have to learn an entire new alphabet, Cyrillic. Also, with most languages other than English, you have words with no proper translation base outside of the language so it gets tricky, then you have formal and casual variations of the same words. English is a very simplified language, but it was a bitch for me to learn because so many words are synonymous with other words unlike most other languages.

"Latin is the language of science." Could not agree more with that statement. They used to teach Latin in American schools. It used to be required learning. How far has America fallen? Rhetorical.

I had a Russian friend and he was trying to teach me how to speak Russian. I remember a couple of sentences but never learned the Alphabet.

I knew a guy in the military who worked translating Russian. Damn hard language to learn.

The ladies love Russian.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a hard pack swell once. It was a 2000mah 3s 80c. I didn't realize it had puffed, burnt through the plastic chassis. Everything was under warranty, so no real harm done. My lipos have very hard lives. Submerging, snow packed, sand filled, doubled weight in mud, crashes, quad copter and always attempting triple back flips.

Military?

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Roxy....installed a couple clapton coils Raymo sent....damn do they work nicely.

Sorry about the poor picture, couldn't get the piece of shit camera to macro for me.

Love how you installed that coil.

What is the technique?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Military?

During my second tour of Afghanistan in the Marine Corps (Corporal Naumov, 3rd Battalion 9th Regiment, Designated Marksman), I was a part of a security detail for an EOD team and in the bombbots (what we literally called them) lipo and NiMH batteries were often the power source, same with certain drone models. So I could see that, but most people who hobby in the RC world are just wild with their stuff. Vaping isn't nearly as hard on the batteries as RC stuff tends to be.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Military?

During my second tour of Afghanistan in the Marine Corps (Corporal Naumov, 3rd Battalion 9th Regiment, Designated Marksman), I was a part of a security detail for an EOD team and in the bombbots (what we literally called them) lipo and NiMH batteries were often the power source, same with certain drone models. So I could see that, but most people who hobby in the RC world are just wild with their stuff. Vaping isn't nearly as hard on the batteries as RC stuff tends to be.
I'm non military. The ammo boxes are widely available at military surplus stores, and some gun establishments up here.
The way we discharge batteries and just generally abuse things, I find it best to be on the safe side. Ya we tend to go all in. Like having a 300$ hakko soldering station in my garage.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm non military. The ammo boxes are widely available at military surplus stores, and some gun establishments up here.
The way we discharge batteries and just generally abuse things, I find it best to be on the safe side. Ya we tend to go all in. Like having a 300$ hakko soldering station in my garage.

I took a hatchet to a 16 cell lipo once just for fun, I almost lost my eyebrows. The lithium gas was the worst part, there was SO much, then the sparks flew directly into my face after the initial puncture.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors