Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Babies bring such joy! So happy the joy stork bestowed a beautiful bundle to you & yours!
I am tickled it is my brother's and not mine lmao!!!!

Just got his Halloween box off.. one vamp nukkie (pacifier), and since the baby can not have candy just yet.. I tossed in a few Hershey bars, some zombie skittles, green recess ups, and some candy corn. Think they are set.. should get it tomorrow! :)

Thanks @Heartsdelight I am having too much fun shopping and box packing right now. Christmas will be fun, but I hope by Easter she will be taking notice of the holidays.. she is just a tiny one right now :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Just got his Halloween box off.. one vamp nukkie (pacifier), and since the baby can not have candy just yet.. I tossed in a few Hershey bars, some zombie skittles, green recess ups, and some candy corn. Think they are set.. should get it tomorrow! :)

Thanks @Heartsdelight I am having too much fun shopping and box packing right now. Christmas will be fun, but I hope by Easter she will be taking notice of the holidays.. she is just a tiny one right now :)

First birthdays are the things I always loved. We'd get two cakes - one for the baby having the birthday, a small one, and then a regular birthday cake for everyone else. Put baby in high chair, in nothing but a diaper, put small cake on tray, and let baby go at it.

Cake and icing in mouth (in great gobs), but also in hair, in between fingers, crumbs dropped down on the belly, all over the tray, on the floor, and baby, overcome with happiness! lol

Out of three kids and seven grandkids, we had one odd bird that wanted nothing whatever to do with his birthday cake. All the rest of them loved it. :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

So many happy times ahead with the new baby! Enjoy every moment :inlove:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Nailz I'm really just teasing. Gypsy knows I put Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie in all my chocolate mixes. It's become something of a joke, so don't take me seriously. :vino:
You could be right, though! I’ve never tried the LB Chocolate Roll.....no idea if it needs a little help from the good ole CFB.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You could be right, though! I’ve never tried the LB Chocolate Roll.....no idea if it needs a little help from the good ole CFB.

I have learned over time that the CFB just helps me taste chocolate, even at 0.5%. I can still taste the particular flavors of the other chocolates, but the CFB has something in it that brings chocolates forward for ME. It could be just me, though.

I have the same issue with orange flavors. I almost always have to add lemon to them to be able to taste the orange.

We've discussed before - admittedly, I have an odd palate.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
While I'm talking, I have to tell you:

I recently responded to a post on the DIY or Die FB group where someone was asking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I shared my Quincy recipe and was almost immediately told that my recipe has "too many flavors."

Well, screw that. It has as many flavors as it needs. And it is hands-down the best, most realistic chocolate chip cookie I've ever vaped.

Don't know if you remember the movie "Amadeus," but there's a dialog in that movie where the Austrian emperor tells Mozart that his music has "too many notes." This is kinda like that. Not that I think I'm Mozart, but the deal is the same.

It takes what it takes, in order to work.

Somebody over there at DIY or Die takes themselves way too seriously. Didn't take long for me to be fed up with them.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
While I'm talking, I have to tell you:

I recently responded to a post on the DIY or Die FB group where someone was asking for a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I shared my Quincy recipe and was almost immediately told that my recipe has "too many flavors."

Well, screw that. It has as many flavors as it needs. And it is hands-down the best, most realistic chocolate chip cookie I've ever vaped.

Don't know if you remember the movie "Amadeus," but there's a dialog in that movie where the Austrian emperor tells Mozart that his music has "too many notes." This is kinda like that. Not that I think I'm Mozart, but the deal is the same.

It takes what it takes, in order to work.

Somebody over there at DIY or Die takes themselves way too seriously. Didn't take long for me to be fed up with them.
Yup. Fuck em. If you like it, that’s all that matters. 2 flavors or 25. That’s the whole point of DIY.....you’re making it for yourself.....if you get lucky, someone else will like it, too. And I totally get the Mozart correlation.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixing day today.

15 ml testers & WIPs-
HH Creamy Red & Blue
@nadalama 's Cinnaflakes (modified)
HH Cherry Strudel
InsigmaTheory's French Quarter
HH Creamy Pomtastic
ksgray's Betty clone
Frankenvape
Third World Order's Fireside Cocoa
kronos' Claim Your Throne clone
ID10-T's Mother of God's Milk
Orgazmaloma's Vanilla Blackberry Swirl
HH Creamy Orange Cupcake
Strawberry Shortcake
Wayne Walker's Boardwalk 2.0 (modified)
DigitalDrops' Corn Star Pudding (modified)

60ml favorites-
Shroomy's Frosted Flakes (modified)
Arnie's Glazed Bavarian Cream Donut (modified)
Ohm Society's The Danish (modified)
HH French Toast
@Mykreign 's Blue Razz Sour Patch (modified)
HH Fruit Planet
HH Creamy Blue & Purple
Commodore Pearry clone (modified)
HH Purplesaurus Rex
Wayne Walker's Misty (modified)
HH Blackberry Custard
@wllmc 's Mama J's Game Over Custard
@Mykreign 's Green Apple Flavorburst (modified)
HH Blackberry Crumble
HH Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anybody have a good German pancake with lemon, butter and powdered sugar recipe?
After reading your post & looking at what I have here, I'm thinking-

2% FA Custard
.75% CAP Golden Butter
1% FW Milk
.3% FA Milk- Condensed
9% RF (VG) Pancake
1.5% OOO Powdered Sugar
3% RF (VG) Vanilla Custard

Since I won't be mixing again for a few months, I guess it is pure speculation though

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years

2% FA Custard
.75% CAP Golden Butter
1% FW Milk
.3% FA Milk- Condensed
9% RF (VG) Pancake
1.5% OOO Powdered Sugar

Since I won't be mixing again for a few months, I guess it is pure speculation though
Thanks! I'll order the ingredients I'm missing and give it a go.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

2% FA Custard
.75% CAP Golden Butter
1% FW Milk
.3% FA Milk- Condensed
9% RF (VG) Pancake
1.5% OOO Powdered Sugar

Good call on the FA Custard. This looks better than mine! I need to work on mine some more.......?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've never tasted a German Pancake, so I'm just guessing here:

View attachment 173142
german pancakes are WONDERFUL.
and i even have EVERYTHING in your recipe
ITS A [HASH=1891]#$([/HASH]*@$# MIRICAL.
saved.

I was tinkering with @wildgypsys
masala chai.jpg
lets see i have bottles of TFA chai Tea ... sniff
and FLV thai chai ... sniff
VS Chai Masala ... sniff.... WOOPS i squished da bottle
and it went UP MY NOSE...

NOW everything smells and has a distinctive memory of VS chai masala

so gypsy..
SNORT some VS chai masala
and den VAPE your 365 days of eggnog

and its a out of the Park Home run.

an only cuz this VS Chai Masala is so STRONG in my head right now...
think am gonna clean da cat box...
how about that...... an entire new use for da flavors

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
german pancakes are WONDERFUL.
and i even have EVERYTHING in your recipe
ITS A [HASH=1891]#$([/HASH]*@$# MIRICAL.
saved.

I was tinkering with @wildgypsys
View attachment 173175
lets see i have bottles of TFA chai Tea ... sniff
and FLV thai chai ... sniff
VS Chai Masala ... sniff.... WOOPS i squished da bottle
and it went UP MY NOSE...

NOW everything smells and has a distinctive memory of VS chai masala

so gypsy..
SNORT some VS chai masala
and den VAPE your 365 days of eggnog

and its a out of the Park Home run.

an only cuz this VS Chai Masala is so STRONG in my head right now...
think am gonna clean da cat box...
how about that...... an entire new use for da flavors
That is actually an amazing idea! The spices would go together perfectly. I gotta work on that soon. Thank you!

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That is actually an amazing idea! The spices would go together perfectly. I gotta work on that soon. Thank you!
they really do... and its good.
yet remember I used DIY Nutmeg in my eggnog... PERFECT complement with the Chai Masala
espically with the custard cream eggnog sweet you used. and flv sweet coconut I did not use run coconut.

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years

2% FA Custard
.75% CAP Golden Butter
1% FW Milk
.3% FA Milk- Condensed
9% RF (VG) Pancake
1.5% OOO Powdered Sugar

I am having trouble sourcing the two RF ingredients, I have TFA Pancake and Cap Vanilla Custard or do you have other suggestions?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What are good alternatives for Croissant and Lemon Mix that you have in stock?

In that mix, I'd substitute Cap Sugar Cookie for the Croissant. Second choice would be Inawera Biscuit.

Inw Lemon Mix, I'd substitute FA Citrus Mix. Second choice would be FE Lemon, third would be whatever lemon you have that is tart rather than sweet.

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years
In that mix, I'd substitute Cap Sugar Cookie for the Croissant. Second choice would be Inawera Biscuit.

Inw Lemon Mix, I'd substitute FA Citrus Mix. Second choice would be FE Lemon, third would be whatever lemon you have that is tart rather than sweet.
What percentages would you suggest for FA Citrus Mix?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back to DIY I just mixed up a 60ML bottle of Holy Grail RY4 V2 for my new Theorem with the Notch Coils. Can't wait to try this Atomizer out since I hear so many good things. Have the RY4 soaking in a Hot water bath so should be good to go by tomorrow but with the RY4 the longer it infuses the better it gets.

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am having trouble sourcing the two RF ingredients, I have TFA Pancake and Cap Vanilla Custard or do you have other suggestions?
As for the Pancake, RF is the only one I've ever used, but yes- I see it's pretty much unavailable now. Maybe someone else here may have an idea for a suitable sub. I would consider LB Belgian waffle maybe.

If it was me subbing for the RF VC, I'd probably go with TFA VC, but I realize not everyone has that one either. I'm sure some CAP VC could work too.

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years
As for the Pancake, RF is the only one I've ever used, but yes- I see it's pretty much unavailable now. Maybe someone else here may have an idea for a suitable sub. I would consider LB Belgian waffle maybe.

If it was me subbing for the RF VC, I'd probably go with TFA VC, but I realize not everyone has that one either. I'm sure some CAP VC could work too
Hey thanks for the recipe and replies. I'll try with TFA Pancake at the allflavors avg rate and I have Cap VC handy. I'll try that one at the allflavors avg rate.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just my two cents for what it's worth:

For anyone who is a little overwhelmed by Cap VCV1, please PLEEZE try TFA Vanilla Custard 2. Requires almost no steeping and in my opinion is the best custard I've ever tried.

But then, I'm not your biggest fan of custard. I like it to be more subtle than Cap VCV1, without the butyric acid gut punch. lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Back to DIY I just mixed up a 60ML bottle of Holy Grail RY4 V2 for my new Theorem with the Notch Coils. Can't wait to try this Atomizer out since I hear so many good things. Have the RY4 soaking in a Hot water bath so should be good to go by tomorrow but with the RY4 the longer it infuses the better it gets.

Have you tried the Theorem yet? I guess tobaccos have to steep a while, no? I've heard a lot of good things about those notch coils, though, so I'm just impatient. :)

VU Sponsors