Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

thor363

Member For 3 Years
@thor363 , sounds like you have your game on. I love BCF (also they now have PUR... purilum has a few good ones) Do you have a scale? For a long time, I mixed without having one but now that I do mixing is so much easier. I'm a low budget mixer but glad I paid a little more for mine because it has a power adapter (AWS 501)
The scale is coming in tomorrow (a 501 kit...yup more money!), the extra bottles also. The flavors I ordered (about $200 worth) will be here whenever they get here (shipped free so I don't think BCF gave a tracker). I'm thinking about pulling out my rebuildable and giving it another raw go. My mod is a Centaurus, and maybe I just needed a good mod to help me with the TC aspect (replay might even work for me...maybe). I've a lot to learn, but I liked the flavor last time I played with the rebuildable with some coils from Zephyr if I recall. I had ordered a bunch of coils and juice from someone here who sadly due to PTSD wasn't able to follow through....told his wife keep the money...sounded like he was in a bad spot. Really looking forward to mixing and learning. Hope I can get something right with all this. Work has been heck of late.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I like the JF too, I kept it at 1 as I don't want it getting dry, which the JF yellow seems to do for me. Low percentage of Cactus would most likely solve that though. I might try bumping the YC up a bit, thanks!

That Capella Cake Batter helps with dryness, too, as does FW Cake Batter Dip. The FW is much sweeter, iirc. Any cake, though, I gotta tell you, that OOO Powdered Sugar at 1 to 1.5% will put a fine finish to it, gives cake a "golden crust" kind of flavor and makes the cake much more realistic. Surprisingly, to me it doesn't add that much sweetness. I know I'm like a broken record with this, but I just love it, and hardly make a bakery recipe at all any more that doesn't use a tad of OOO PS. Especially good with lemon and coconut.

Also, imo, lemon, orange, and/or apple in small percentages will put a brighter finish on peach.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Also, imo, lemon, orange, and/or apple in small percentages will put a brighter finish on peach.
I've noticed many people doing similar (like a bit of lemon with bluberry, pear with apple, apple with watermelon) I recently discovered FA Lulo... citrusy and very juicy (useful to add to other fruits)
When I'm not using peach for a pie, my standard combo is peach/mango/apricot (in a sort of 3/2/1 ratio)
Thanks for the tip on OOO PS (I totally believe you... flavors are not always exactly what the name implies)
I like how FA Liquid amber does the opposite... makes fruits less bright (like pie filling)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Vaping licorice ice cream (just did a quicky... a few drops in a tank of IC) Not bad.
I have officially decided my apple and peach pie recipes are where I want them so next time mixing larger batches (kinda bummed... vaping the last of the apple pie tonight and then I'll be out of both)
Hi. Love licorice vapes. Had one today. I love Flavour West black licorice with Flavour Art Marshmallow. 👍 Like black jellybeans.
Which brand are you using?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That Capella Cake Batter helps with dryness, too, as does FW Cake Batter Dip. The FW is much sweeter, iirc. Any cake, though, I gotta tell you, that OOO Powdered Sugar at 1 to 1.5% will put a fine finish to it, gives cake a "golden crust" kind of flavor and makes the cake much more realistic. Surprisingly, to me it doesn't add that much sweetness. I know I'm like a broken record with this, but I just love it, and hardly make a bakery recipe at all any more that doesn't use a tad of OOO PS. Especially good with lemon and coconut.

Keep sharing that tip! It’s genius!!!!!!!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, nobody wants to hear my Capella CFB tip, so that's the only other tried-and-true one I've got! Lol You can pick and choose yours, because your head is full of stuff nobody else knows! <3
Lol! I always want to hear about CFB. I’m definitely going to include it in the Met4 clone. Cause I’ll bet it’s in there. Old recipe=Caps, FW, TFA, FA. And out of all of those, Caps does chocolate the best(yeah, I said it). 💕

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Now that's a recipe worth sharing....just sayin' :D
Its too easy.
Just 5% FW licorice
5% FA marshmallow.
3 drops of Cap or Purilum SS per 30ml mix.
That makes it a sweet black jellybean taste.
Only needs several days steep.

I saw you like Citrus.
This is nice.
FA Citrus Mix 5%
FA Cold Pressed Lime 1%
FA Marshmallow 3%
I love my vapes sweet so as my usual goes 3 drops per 30 ml.
Or 1 drop to 10ml.
Vape this in the first week or two and you get nice citrus candy with a grapefruit after taste, not the bitterness just the taste.
Leave it for 3 to 4 weeks and the grapefruit fades and its a citrus candy.
I like both to be honest.
What licorice is the one you use?
If you like Dutch type the salty one then FA black touch is spot on. My misses likes it, at first I thought it was ok but i only use for mine FW now.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Its too easy.
Just 5% FW licorice
5% FA marshmallow.
3 drops of Cap or Purilum SS per 30ml mix.
That makes it a sweet black jellybean taste.
Only needs several days steep.

I saw you like Citrus.
This is nice.
FA Citrus Mix 5%
FA Cold Pressed Lime 1%
FA Marshmallow 3%
I love my vapes sweet so as my usual goes 3 drops per 30 ml.
Or 1 drop to 10ml.
Vape this in the first week or two and you get nice citrus candy with a grapefruit after taste, not the bitterness just the taste.
Leave it for 3 to 4 weeks and the grapefruit fades and its a citrus candy.
I like both to be honest.
What licorice is the one you use?
If you like Dutch type the salty one then FA black touch is spot on. My misses likes it, at first I thought it was ok but i only use for mine FW now.
Thanks, I may owe you one now. I don't like marhsmallow in the retail market, but hoping this is much better. Need to order some Cap or Purilim (out of curioisty what's the difference?) and the marshmallow! ...and yeah I have a sweet tooth too.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks, I may owe you one now. I don't like marhsmallow in the retail market, but hoping this is much better. Need to order some Cap or Purilim (out of curioisty what's the difference?) and the marshmallow! ...and yeah I have a sweet tooth too.
Cap and Purilum are the same taste, just sweet. I tried various stevia ones and they all had a bitter grass after taste, regardless of their claims.
The only difference is Purilum is just a little bit less concentrated. To get the exact same sweet 4 drops Purilum = 3 Cap drops.
I get zero aftertaste with either. Purilum dissapeared here for a while in Oz but its back at my favourite vape place so thats good.
To be honest I dont get the full Marshmallow taste from FA marshmallow. But I use it to turn my mixes that I want to taste like a candy into them. It can be used to tone things down a little too. That's what iv found anyway. Like with the Citrus Mix, turns it from a citrus type drink taste to a candy type.
What Iv found though from mixing and trying others ways is that our taste and perceptions vary more than I realised before I vaped. Some flavours I just flat out can not even percieve!
Apple is one, I stopped bothering to try with it after several brands and recommendations on %.
Levels too vary of what we like.
Many here use Concentrates at percentages I cant even taste they are there! Mine get reactions like "😲 you use them that high!?"
No use using something at a percentage you can't taste just because a recipe says .5 when you need 4% to know its even there! Nor using it so high it messes things up like say mine at 6% when your preference would be 2%.
I often do a small smear test when trying a new one and it seems to be very close for me to how it vapes. I'll put a small tiny drop on the back of my hand, smear it then lick it. If I cant taste that I'll have no hope doing so vaping it. Tastes too much and its the same the other way, will probably be over the top vaping it.
Hey im no expert but I know what I like. I like simple easy to mix recipes that I love the taste of.
Happy mixing👍

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The same... FW. Yes, black jelly beans (I even love it solo)
Just read your other post... wow, that is strong (I use it at 2 %)
Hi mate. And that's just it. 2 to me is "yeah I kinda taste it" but 5 "ahh there it is! I think I yrs ago started at 3%. I actually remember exactly where I was. At Stuart Mill here in OZ Victoria going fishing for trout. I thought "mmm, ok but not quite right" weeks later bump, bump then at 5% "there we are".
🙂
Its all good whatever your preference is. Experiment, experiment....👍
All good, whatever the % one likes it 👍🙂

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Fwiw, imo, FA makes the best marshmallow, if you don't want to spring for $7-plus for the marshmallow at DIYFS (are they even still open? I don't know.) FW marshmallow is pitiful, takes about twice as much (or more) as you'd use of the FA.

Love love LOVE black jelly beans. <3 <3 <3

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Vaping 4 months. New to both mixing and building coils as of a couple days ago.
Did my first mix yesterday. Just took delivery of supplies. VG, PG, bottles, syringes, blunt tips, etc.
Still waiting on a nic order. So I used some 25mg 70/30 freebase my local mixed up. And used a good calculator to get it exact.

Delosi Valencia Orange 6%
70/30 6.5mg

Tastes like what I expected. Very good. I will add more than 6% next time. But I've only tested it in mid power devices. Haven't put it with a .2ohm coil yet, so it will probably be far more flavorful in that. But it's pretty damn good as is.

I didn't steep it or anything, just waited like an hour. It was harsh at first. Then smoothed out in a hot tank. Next day it was much better also. So far so good. I bought 8 basic fruit flavors. Apple and grape next, or maybe apple and grape trying to recreate Red's Apple Grape. I'm new, be gentle! :D

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vaping 4 months. New to both mixing and building coils as of a couple days ago.
Did my first mix yesterday. Just took delivery of supplies. VG, PG, bottles, syringes, blunt tips, etc.
Still waiting on a nic order. So I used some 25mg 70/30 freebase my local mixed up. And used a good calculator to get it exact.

Delosi Valencia Orange 6%
70/30 6.5mg

Tastes like what I expected. Very good. I will add more than 6% next time. But I've only tested it in mid power devices. Haven't put it with a .2ohm coil yet, so it will probably be far more flavorful in that. But it's pretty damn good as is.

I didn't steep it or anything, just waited like an hour. It was harsh at first. Then smoothed out in a hot tank. Next day it was much better also. So far so good. I bought 8 basic fruit flavors. Apple and grape next, or maybe apple and grape trying to recreate Red's Apple Grape. I'm new, be gentle! :D
If you like them that's what counts! Welcome to the rabbit/gopher hole of DIY!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fwiw, imo, FA makes the best marshmallow, if you don't want to spring for $7-plus for the marshmallow at DIYFS (are they even still open? I don't know.) FW marshmallow is pitiful, takes about twice as much (or more) as you'd use of the FA.
Yep... learned that the hard way! Sometimes I forget to check my notes and mistake FW for FA. Did the same thing with lemon... got FA instead of FE (also got the wrong lemon sicily) They aren't bad but not what I had meant to order (hey, better than my very first DIY order I got TFA lemon... fades like crazy) BCF was going through a "out of stock" phase and I panicked.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You might like to add something creamy to some fruits (It smooths them out) Like orange with ice cream... "creamsicle" style. Just a suggestion, but how about making apple solo and grape solo (try them first) then mix those together after.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed some French Toast (I'm waiting to get maple flavor but since I had the scale out anyway)
RF french toast
WF croissant
SSA madagascar vanilla
FA cinnamon ceylon
After I try it, going to add VT orange marmalade.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can anyone verify if SC flavors (at BCF) are the same as FE (flavor express)? I'm wondering if the Lemon is good (compared to FE)

I have not personally tried the SC, but I have read several times here on the forum that they are the same. I believe @wildgypsy70 can say for sure.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
You might like to add something creamy to some fruits (It smooths them out) Like orange with ice cream... "creamsicle" style. Just a suggestion, but how about making apple solo and grape solo (try them first) then mix those together after.
The simple orange is sentimental to me. LOL.
When I began vaping, at some point I ran out of nicsalt juice.

In my junk drawer was a small bottle of 24mg Orange freebase that I picked up when I was still smoking stinkies. I had tried it in the wrong type of device and swore off vaping, etc. I swear I think it was all PG. But I vaped it in my Novo4 at like 12 watts and had a very good experience! It got me high as fk! LOL. This experience opened me up to freebase instead of nicsalt.

Yes, I have a lot to learn about flavors. Although I'm not interested in creams and cakes just yet, I would like to understand how maybe certain small amounts will give a smoother taste without actually tasting like creams and cakes. My two favorite things so far is Reds apple grape, and Naked100Lemon. They're so smooth compared to what I made. BUT, I have to say, my first juice is really smoothing out even after 2 days. Lots to learn.....and really enjoying the journey.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have not personally tried the SC, but I have read several times here on the forum that they are the same. I believe @wildgypsy70 can say for sure.
That is what I understand. ID10-T has said that they are the same. I haven’t actually done the testing, but he has and I trust his judgement.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, I have a lot to learn about flavors. Although I'm not interested in creams and cakes just yet, I would like to understand how maybe certain small amounts will give a smoother taste without actually tasting like creams and cakes.
Just a little "Creamy" helps smooth fruits out (I just happen to have WF bavarian cream and it works great for that)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Quick question, I have these for flavors, anything you'd order (since sales are on now)? A couple more (non-tobacco) flavor recommendations would be appreciated. Simple is better, please and thanks!

Lemon Meringue Pie-Cap
Sweet Guava-Cap
Vanilla Custard-Cap
Peach Pie and Cream-WF
Milk & Honey- FLV
Blood Orange-FLV
Anise-SSA
Apricot-SSA
Candy Floss-SSA
Butter Cream-SSA
Mocca Coffee-SSA

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quick question, I have these for flavors, anything you'd order (since sales are on now)? A couple more (non-tobacco) flavor recommendations would be appreciated. Simple is better, please and thanks!

Lemon Meringue Pie-Cap
Sweet Guava-Cap
Vanilla Custard-Cap
Peach Pie and Cream-WF
Milk & Honey- FLV
Blood Orange-FLV
Anise-SSA
Apricot-SSA
Candy Floss-SSA
Butter Cream-SSA
Mocca Coffee-SSA
Nice choices! What are you looking for? Fruits? Bakeries? Custards?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
(SC) lemon
(WF) passionfruit
(FA) cookie
(FA) tea
(FW) hazelnut
(WF) flapper pie
(SSA) vanilla ice cream (or TFA vailla swirl)
(WF) boysenberry raspberry (or FLV blackberry)
(FA) fuji
(CAP) sweet tangerine
(FLV) mango
Most to add to flavors you have (and few fruits you might like to try)
Order smaller bottles this time so you can try more variety.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Now that I tested my nic stash and know it's all good, I spent the remainder of my budget on a bunch of flavors to try a little of everything. Just ordered from Bull City Flavors:

Marshmallow - FA
Meringue - FA
Vanilla Custard II - TFA
Vanilla Whipped Cream - Cap

Caramel V2 - Cap
Double Chocolate V2 - Cap
Sugar Cookie - Cap
Graham Cracker Clear - TFA

Double Apple - Cap
Sweet Tangerine - Cap
Watermellon - FA
Cantaloupe - FA

Cotton Candy - FLV
Apple Candy - CFA
Watermellon Candy - TFA

Super Sweet - Cap
Sweetness - FLV
Sweetener - FW
Ethyl Malto

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Well, I didn't want to miss the sale, so ordered a few more. :D

Bavarian Cream-SC-WF
Black Licorice-FW
Earl Grey Tea-TFA
Flapper Pie-SC-WF
Fuji-FA
Hazelnut-FW
Ice Cream Vanilla-SSA
Key Lime-TFA
Lemon-SC
Passionfruit-SC-WF
Super Sweet-Cap
Sweet Tangerine-Cap
White Peach-FA

Should be able to put together some decent juice now. Thanks all!

thor363

Member For 3 Years
They have so much there, it's unreal. I spent WAY too much time there, lol. One thing I wish they had tho, was 10ml empty bottles. Unless I'm blind and missed it.
Agreed. ...and getting a small thank you note written on the receipt was a nice thing too and the highlight of my day. What a totally shixxy week it was that week. Nice to see they don't make mistakes with orders from what I see and fast shipping for me that was free.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Well, they arrived today (again with a nice thank you note).

I need a couple good recipes to start some steep time....anyone see a couple of potential good ones in this mix?

Lemon Meringue Pie-Cap
Sweet Guava-Cap
Vanilla Custard-Cap
Peach Pie and Cream-WF
Milk & Honey- FLV
Blood Orange-FLV
Anise-SSA
Apricot-SSA
Candy Floss-SSA
Butter Cream-SSA
Mocca Coffee-SSA
Bavarian Cream-SC-WF
Black Licorice-FW
Earl Grey Tea-TFA
Flapper Pie-SC-WF
Fuji-FA
Hazelnut-FW
Ice Cream Vanilla-SSA
Key Lime-TFA
Lemon-SC
Passionfruit-SC-WF
Super Sweet-Cap
Sweet Tangerine-Cap
White Peach-FA

@wildgypsy70 ...I know you're watching!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, they arrived today (again with a nice thank you note).

I need a couple good recipes to start some steep time....anyone see a couple of potential good ones in this mix?

Lemon Meringue Pie-Cap
Sweet Guava-Cap
Vanilla Custard-Cap
Peach Pie and Cream-WF
Milk & Honey- FLV
Blood Orange-FLV
Anise-SSA
Apricot-SSA
Candy Floss-SSA
Butter Cream-SSA
Mocca Coffee-SSA
Bavarian Cream-SC-WF
Black Licorice-FW
Earl Grey Tea-TFA
Flapper Pie-SC-WF
Fuji-FA
Hazelnut-FW
Ice Cream Vanilla-SSA
Key Lime-TFA
Lemon-SC
Passionfruit-SC-WF
Super Sweet-Cap
Sweet Tangerine-Cap
White Peach-FA

@wildgypsy70 ...I know you're watching!
I am! Just got home from work. I’m liking many of your choices! You’ve got a lot to work with and I definitely see potential. But I’m fried right now. I’ll give it a good long look tomorrow and see what I can put together. In the mean time, I’d get them added into ELR or ATF and research percentages and recipes.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Anyone else find the BCF site down at this time? Might be a site SSL Certificate expired? ...or it could just be me!

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.bullcityflavors.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Anyone else find the BCF site down at this time? Might be a site SSL Certificate expired? ...or it could just be me!

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.bullcityflavors.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Gets a little funny if you delete your cookies often. I get that or similar when I log in. Then I close the tab, reopen, and its fine.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Yup, it's back and available. Thanks. Needed to check why I can't find the Apricot SSA on ATF to add to my stash...I thought perhaps I had gotten the maker incorrect.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
I guess the list now looks like this (sorted by name):

Anise (SSA)
Apricot (SSA)
Baked Cinnamon Roll (LB)
Bavarian Cream (SC) (WF)
Black Licorice (FW)
Blood Orange (FLV)
Butter Cream (SSA)
Candy Floss (SSA)
Earl Grey Tea (TFA)
Flapper Pie (SC) (WF)
Fuji (FA)
Green Apple (LB)
Hazelnut (FW)
Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA)
Key Lime (TFA)
Lemon (SC)
Lemon Meringue Pie (Cap)
Milk & Honey (FLV)
Mocca Coffee (SSA)
Orange Banana (LB)
Passionfruit (SC) (WF)
Peach (LB)
Peach Pie and Cream (WF)
Peppermint (LB)
Pina Colada (LB)
Pink Lemonade (LB)
Strawberry (LB)
Super Sweet (Cap)
Sweet Guava (Cap)
Sweet Tangerine (Cap)
The Man (LB)
Vanilla Custard (Cap)
Vanilla Ice Cream (LB)
White Peach (FA)

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Watermelon01
Made my first watermelon tonight. This was a bit harsh on initial test, I'm going to let it go a day or two before full impression. Here's my noob thoughts on the flavors I used.

-Watermelon (FA) 6%. True fruit flavor. Meant to use 4%, screwed up. Not strong.
-Watermelon Candy (TPA) 6%. Watermelon candy flavor. Strong. Also noteworthy, it has that good funk I like. Like I've noticed in Naked100-Lemon. Look forward to playing with this one, glad I got the 30ml.
-Super Sweet (Cap) 1%
-3mg 70vg/30pg

Different than my ready to go Apple, and harsher than my Orange Cotton Candy on initial use. But the Orange softened up with a day steep.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Watermelon01
Made my first watermelon tonight. This was a bit harsh on initial test, I'm going to let it go a day or two before full impression. Here's my noob thoughts on the flavors I used.
If you like watermelon, try Wayne's one-shot "Water Malone" (I got it from liquid barn)
Personally, as good as that is, I want a honeydew melon (CAP honeydew?)
Add something creamy to that orange (I know I keep saying that) and drop the super sweet.
BTW, Wayne's secret to making a good watermelon is adding a little apple so try that.

VU Sponsors