Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried FA fuji? It is very realistic.
Thanks for the reply.
Actually that was one of the first I did try. When I started I searched for the best vape concentrates that are free of DAAPs. I know FA has a cooking line. And wow how good is Premium Custard!? My misses uses it in many cooking recipes. Alas, I cannot vape it. Can eat it no probs, vape it and it's "where's my inhaler?"
But my searches at the time yrs ago showed FA went out of their way to make good vape concentrates.
I think over my several yrs iv tried about 6 apple types, all were failures.
Hey, I like eating them but at that time trying, steeping, waiting....im done with apple's.
But I do appreciate you taking your time to respond and suggest. Thanks very much.
Cheers and thanks for doing that. :) 👍

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The truth is I only like apples in bakery recipes (apple pie) Specifically don't like green apple (jolly rancher) candy flavors. I actually did like FA fuji as a SFT (to my surprise) I use it with TFA apple pie to add some "freshness" I also used FA liquid amber to make it more "baked" (that worked great... same thing with my peach pie) If you ever want to use fruits in a bakery recipe, consider liquid amber (0.5 to 0.75 %) A little goes a long way.
Yes, someone gifted me some FA custard premium... absolutely love it! Tried CAP custard V1 and it was just too much for me (sometimes I use WF bavarian cream as a super mellow replacement for custard)
Overall (and keep in mind I only have around 50 flavors) FA has been a winner (WF too)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did a quick mix of chocolate/tangerine/mint ice cream. Total winner (I am so excited) I basically mixed them at solo % for a 10 ml test batch but used 15 ml unflavored base (will do the math and post actual recipe tommorrow)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't mix when you are sick (just a bad cold) and have a few beers to fool yourself into thinking you are OK. I mix unflavored base in 100 ml batches. Used the scale for the nic, used the scale for the PG then just top off the bottle with VG. Woops... got mixed up and used 67 grams of PG (was supposed to be 27 grams... 67 was the VG amount) Oh well... starting over (somehow I'll do the math and find a use for the PG fail)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I mixed another 100 ml batch of 6 mg unflavored base (got it right this time... feeling better today) Also put a new coil in my Kroma-Z just to realize I am out of my tobacco mix (that is my everyday morning thing) Had just enough to fill the pod so mixed some more of that. Did a quick thing with leftover custard (added banana) and cheesecake (added boysenberry/raspberry) I'm good for now. In a couple days I will mix more of my peach pie and apple pie (that's what the 6mg base was for) I know I've said this before, but I really need to get my game on and mix at least 50 ml batches of everything. I am so used to doing "test batches" but now I have several keepers (and I have several 60 ml bottles clean and ready to go)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have SSA raspberry syrup and really like it (mixed with JF yellow cake and WF bavarian cream)
I'm kind of "strawberry blind" but for some reason I can taste the candy flavors (but I love strawberries IRL)
Just ordered 60ml of that SSA raspberry syrup and their Dessert Chocolate.
Looking forward to trying it.
👍

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The Dessert Chocolate is heavenly
I was ordering the Raspberry and saw that on the list at the site. Did a search on a few review's on it and saw someone mention they really liked it and perceived a slight cake note, not an off-putting one though. I immediately thought back to when I started vaping and before mixing used to buy Vape Wild, I absolutely loved their Whiskey Tango Fudge cake.
I'd be wrapt if it tasted like that. Still as long as it tastes like a great chocolate anything ill be happy.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm going to do my take on a PBJ (peanut butter jelly sandwich) Don't really like grape but do like TFA acai... hoping it will fit into this recipe:
WF croissant
TFA peanut butter dx
TFA acai

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm going to do my take on a PBJ (peanut butter jelly sandwich) Don't really like grape but do like TFA acai... hoping it will fit into this recipe:
WF croissant
TFA peanut butter dx
TFA acai
Do you have any other bready things to go with croissant? Croissant is great, but more buttery than anything else.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you have any other bready things to go with croissant? Croissant is great, but more buttery than anything else.
I don't. Actually, I've tried croissant with orange marmalade and it wasn't bad (but it is a bit too buttery) I might wait on this until I get some more flavors.
On the other hand... I do have french toast. This idea may spin off in a new direction.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't. Actually, I've tried croissant with orange marmalade and it wasn't bad (but it is a bit too buttery) I might wait on this until I get some more flavors.
On the other hand... I do have french toast. This idea may spin off in a new direction.
Check out @Howard Hughes PB&J. I’ve mixed it before and it’s pretty damn good. There’s also a PBJ out there by a mixer named Jennifer Jarvis. She uses a ridiculous amount of flavors(and one that’s almost impossible to get now), but damn, it’s one of the most accurate PBJ out there. It’s got so many flavors that I made it a one shot so I don’t have to get a million flavors out.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick and dirty mixing (just haven't had time so went for it):
Chocolate tangerine mint ice cream
Apple pie
Peach pie
Cappuccino with hazelnut
I usually mix on sunday but relatives are coming so we are doing early Christmas tomorrow.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do I find HH's PB&J? I'm interested in several of his recipes.

wildleg

Member For 3 Years
I ordered a gallon of nicotine but it broke during shipping! :vapemail:
I bottled the leak in jars and set it in the freezer🧊 for now, but how safe do you think it would be for consumption:confused:? My concern is that the label inks may have ☣️ infected ☣️the juice, or possibly the glue on the label.
20211214_183108_HDR.jpg

:hippo::vu:

I contacted the company I got it from and they sent out a new one, so it's all good, but I might as well try and salvage what I can, right?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@wildleg , I think it will be fine (really doubt that much ink and/or glue got into it) Good that they are sending another. I would be glad to take my chances on the leaked stuff (I am very low on nic... all I have is 200 ml LOL) if you want to help someone in need (I hate lowering myself to asking for help)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Howard Hughes , first, I want you to know you are a mixing hero to me (I saw your post when you mixed all those recipes in one day) but I still have to ask. Your PB&J recipe... where is the bread? Is FA joy a bakery flavor (know nothing about it) Otherwise, all I see is biscuit (more like a cookie) Am I missing something?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
My SSA flavours came today.
Mixed 5 different mixes with the Dessert Chocolate. These, except 1 of them, im giving the full steep treatment as they have bakery flavours in them. One is just a triple chocolate though with no bakery so might try that in a couple of weeks. Taste test on the back of the hand has me hopeful with them all 👍
Mixed 2 of the Raspberry Syrup as well and 2 Citrus Marshmallows.
Looking forward to trying all of these. Except the Citrus iv been mixing that one for years.
IMG_20211220_211747_777~2.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@VapeOn1960
Saw you asking for clones on another thread.
Here's a place I sometimes get stuff from. This link has pages of recipes from competitions the site runs as well as clones.
Click on each recipe and scroll down and you will see the % uses and concentrate brands in them.
Edit...checking there seems to be a fair few have disappeared since I was there last. Still quite a few to try. The actual clone ones that were named are the ones gone, might have had issues.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@VapeOn1960 you were interested in working to develop a clone? Well I've got one for you - and @wildgypsy70 may have worked some on this already.

Met4 Golden Ticket

Now, I'm a chocolate lover, and this is some good chocolate to vape. I have an idea or two that I'd try with the intent of developing a clone, but my mixing stuff is trapped for the moment, probably until after we take Christmas decorations down, so the only thing I'm going to be mixing is bubble gum.

I'm throwing the challenge out there to all of you, if you care to take it up. Make us a great clone of Golden Ticket!

And for what it's worth, my first idea of a flavor to start with for a clone is VTA Chocolate Custard. Just my two cents. I feel pretty certain that that is NOT one of the flavors that Met4 used - think Golden Ticket has been around longer than VTA Chocolate Custard - but it's still where I would start.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@VapeOn1960 you were interested in working to develop a clone? Well I've got one for you - and @wildgypsy70 may have worked some on this already.

Met4 Golden Ticket

Now, I'm a chocolate lover, and this is some good chocolate to vape. I have an idea or two that I'd try with the intent of developing a clone, but my mixing stuff is trapped for the moment, probably until after we take Christmas decorations down, so the only thing I'm going to be mixing is bubble gum.

I'm throwing the challenge out there to all of you, if you care to take it up. Make us a great clone of Golden Ticket!

And for what it's worth, my first idea of a flavor to start with for a clone is VTA Chocolate Custard. Just my two cents. I feel pretty certain that that is NOT one of the flavors that Met4 used - think Golden Ticket has been around longer than VTA Chocolate Custard - but it's still where I would start.
Woo hoo! A challenge! I have been working on this off and on for a bit now. VT Chocolate Custard is a great idea…..definitely not in the OG(I’m thinking Capella mostly?), but I’ll dig out my notes and start rethinking this. I need a good challenge. I don’t have a ton of time these days, but I’m on it!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Met4 Golden Ticket

What is this Golden Ticket? Chocolate milk? I remember you all talking about it at one point

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1640095170232.png
this came out good. It's like creamy slightly smoky ssalted caramel ice cream with a little cookie crunch. I think the smokiness is coming from the caramel coffee. I am trying to use some of my lesser used flavors in mixes. I have 378 flavors now and a bunch that I don't use very often. This one I went with the Toffee Ice Cream and the Caramel Coffee.

I'm thinking of starting a challenge for myself to create new recipes using at least 2 flavors that I don't find myself use very frequently.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What is this Golden Ticket? Chocolate milk? I remember you all talking about it at one point

Yes, chocolate milk, but it's like the pre-made chocolate milk that comes in a carton in the dairy case. It has a really rich, creamy mouth-feel, and the chocolate is not one bit subtle. This, as opposed to the chocolate milk one makes at home with regular milk and Hershey's syrup, or cocoa powder and sugar (although the cocoa powder and sugar would be closer than the Hershey's syrup).

Do you agree, @wildgypsy70?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, chocolate milk, but it's like the pre-made chocolate milk that comes in a carton in the dairy case. It has a really rich, creamy mouth-feel, and the chocolate is not one bit subtle. This, as opposed to the chocolate milk one makes at home with regular milk and Hershey's syrup, or cocoa powder and sugar (although the cocoa powder and sugar would be closer than the Hershey's syrup).

Do you agree, @wildgypsy70?
Definitely. Like the chocolate milk in glass bottles.

I looked up Waynes version. He uses TFA DCC, which is shocking but not surprising, considering it was the most popular chocolate out there at the time. He revamps it twice, using HS Australian Chocolate in the last iteration. That makes the most amount of sense, but who knows. I might mix it up and see how close he got.

There are so many better chocolates out there now, since Golden Ticket was developed. We may be able to get a better version!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Definitely. Like the chocolate milk in glass bottles.

I looked up Waynes version. He uses TFA DCC, which is shocking but not surprising, considering it was the most popular chocolate out there at the time. He revamps it twice, using HS Australian Chocolate in the last iteration. That makes the most amount of sense, but who knows. I might mix it up and see how close he got.

There are so many better chocolates out there now, since Golden Ticket was developed. We may be able to get a better version!

Well, and who's to say that Met4 hasn't changed the recipe over time? Dunno if they'd do that, though, to a recipe that works.

I've never had good results with TFA DCC, but perhaps I didn't boost it with the right things. Never tried it with CFB - that's prolly the answer, no? lol I have my goofball hat on today, so don't mind me. :crazy:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, and who's to say that Met4 hasn't changed the recipe over time? Dunno if they'd do that, though, to a recipe that works.

I've never had good results with TFA DCC, but perhaps I didn't boost it with the right things. Never tried it with CFB - that's prolly the answer, no? lol I have my goofball hat on today, so don't mind me. :crazy:
I haven’t either. It tastes like tootsie rolls. And not in a good way. But I guess with the right flavorings? Maybe??

Caps CFB is one of my options. But, like I said, there are so many new chocolates out there. MB has a Cocoa Milk one shot type thing which isn’t bad at all. VT also has a chocolate milk.

Lots of experimentation gonna happen.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven’t either. It tastes like tootsie rolls. And not in a good way. But I guess with the right flavorings? Maybe??

Caps CFB is one of my options. But, like I said, there are so many new chocolates out there. MB has a Cocoa Milk one shot type thing which isn’t bad at all. VT also has a chocolate milk.

Lots of experimentation gonna happen.
I have never really made or tried a chocolate vape that I have really enjoyed. I will get in on this action I guess and maybe, just maybe, find something good. I don't think I have Cap CFB, but I've got quite a few other chocolates. I'll throw that one in the next order.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 188963
this came out good. It's like creamy slightly smoky ssalted caramel ice cream with a little cookie crunch. I think the smokiness is coming from the caramel coffee. I am trying to use some of my lesser used flavors in mixes. I have 378 flavors now and a bunch that I don't use very often. This one I went with the Toffee Ice Cream and the Caramel Coffee.

I'm thinking of starting a challenge for myself to create new recipes using at least 2 flavors that I don't find myself use very frequently.

That sounds outstanding. All my favorite things in one...ice cream, coffee, toffee, chocolate..I'd just have to go without the graham cracker. I have a strange reaction to graham cracker flavors. After the mix is about a week old, the graham cracker is all I can taste.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds outstanding. All my favorite things in one...ice cream, coffee, toffee, chocolate..I'd just have to go without the graham cracker. I have a strange reaction to graham cracker flavors. After the mix is about a week old, the graham cracker is all I can taste.
You could drop the graham cracker and add some sugar cookie or something very easily

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1640197837399.png

attempt 1. Definitely needs a steep and the chocolate aspect is a bit chalky. I think it's the OOO Chocolate Milk doing that. I've never gotten it from the VTA or Hangsen before. Wondering if it will steep out. Honestly, it taste pretty close to Yoohoo after an overnight steep.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
"I've got a golden ticket... " Just wanted to say... I saw the movie Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory as a kid (huge drive-in movie screen) and I had gone to the Hersey factory on a school field trip (they are in PA but we had a local factory in CA) Anyway... I even read the book before that (Charlie and the chocolate factory) That's a great recipe but I recently came up with my own recipe that I'm obsessed with (chocolate, tangerine, mint ice cream) or I would try that. Chocolate is tricky... I add a little FA cocoa (but it is a coil clogger) but even 1 drop per ml helps. Vaping that right now (it's so good) Depending on your setup (drop-in coils, RTA or RDA) use at your own risk (a little FA cocoa goes a long way) I haven't tried VT dark chocolate but it was recommended to me because I like darker chocolate) Milk chocolate is a different thing though.

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made a batch of Cuprian (chocolate mint) and see I'm running low on INW milk chocolate. Got ready to order more but remember seeing that Inawera changed the formula to make it taste like kaka. Saw online the recommended goto replacement is JungleFlavors milk chocolate. BullCity doesn't list it as one they stock. Does anyone know a milk chocolate sub for INW milk chocolate?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, they mention JF milk chocolate around 26 minutes in. Basically, they mention combining OOO and VT VT milk chocolate working well together. The best one seems to be DIYFS choco milkshake (if you can find that)

hawkwind5usa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
BTW, they mention JF milk chocolate around 26 minutes in. Basically, they mention combining OOO and VT VT milk chocolate working well together. The best one seems to be DIYFS choco milkshake (if you can find that)
Some solid information there. Started watching from the beginning and skipped way ahead to where they discussed the chocolate trinity of chocolate. I'm going to find Hangsen Choc. Creme, Vape Train Choc.Milk and OOO Choc.Milk. Sucks that I need to use 3 flavors to get one chocolate milk flavor. If I like the test I'll make a stone batch.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't seem to find DIYFS choco milkshake. Hey, keep in mind that episode of Noted was specific to chocolate milk (and so was the "trinity") Hope you find a good combo that works for you.

VU Sponsors