Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Howard Hughes , first, I want you to know you are a mixing hero to me (I saw your post when you mixed all those recipes in one day) but I still have to ask. Your PB&J recipe... where is the bread? Is FA joy a bakery flavor (know nothing about it) Otherwise, all I see is biscuit (more like a cookie) Am I missing something?
Thank you for the kind words, but I'm just a guy trying to come up with the good stuff, just like everyone else here lol. Yes, the bread comes from mostly the FA Joy, too little & you won't even detect it, too much & you get a beer/yeast thing going on. I use the Joy as a bread flavor pretty much exclusively. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I've got a few medical issues going on that keep off the computer a lot lately. :wave:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you for the kind words, but I'm just a guy trying to come up with the good stuff, just like everyone else here lol. Yes, the bread comes from mostly the FA Joy, too little & you won't even detect it, too much & you get a beer/yeast thing going on. I use the Joy as a bread flavor pretty much exclusively. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I've got a few medical issues going on that keep off the computer a lot lately. :wave:
I wasn't criticizing you... more just curious. I get it now (Joy is one of those flavorings that some people like and others hate (but I haven't tried it) Anyway (and nothing to do with your recipe) I've decided to do a "spin off"... french toast with PJ&J (and a little corissant) And because I don't like grape, I'm going to use Acai... and I'm "strawberry blind" (sucks) or otherwise that would be a good combo with the grape... or other fruits. My original PB&J sandwich morphed into a french toast thing. Still... thank you so much for the advice. I was blown away with how many recipes you mixed in one day... maybe some day I will get it right and mix like that.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well... since it's slow... I did some quick mixing today. Cheesecake (with graham and mascarpone... not too much!) Also, some small batches of custard and White chocolate peppermint (needed some quickies) The custard will get boysenberry and the cheesecake will just sit and steep. And some fine tuning.
Apple pie got a few drops of cinnamon (not much) and some custard
Peach pie got ice cream
I have made both pies before and tested with custard and IC... apple likes custard, peach likes IC.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What's up with VG? It's either sold out or way more expensive than normal. I'm assuming the providers are affected by the supply chain shortages just like any other industry but it's almost 50% more expensive on Amazon and sold out at bull city completely!
You’re not kidding. The last I bought was from Wildly Organic for $29 a gallon.
Now its $54. Damn!
Glad I stocked up

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What's up with VG? It's either sold out or way more expensive than normal. I'm assuming the providers are affected by the supply chain shortages just like any other industry but it's almost 50% more expensive on Amazon and sold out at bull city completely!

Looks like Perfect Vape still has it at $29.99 a gallon plus $10 for shipping. It states "wholesale," but I got all the way to checkout with it.

Listed under the "Nicotine" category.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Quick question.

What makes a tasty vape mix go to dull in a short amount of time. It was great after three days, and both my wife and I noticed it became dull after a few more days. Until then it was amazing. Super Sweet at .5% perhaps?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Quick question.

What makes a tasty vape mix go to dull in a short amount of time. It was great after three days, and both my wife and I noticed it became dull after a few more days. Until then it was amazing. Super Sweet at .5% perhaps?

Can you make a list of the contents of your mix? Would be a lot easier to figure out.

In my experience, half a percent of Super Sweet has never made a mix "dull," in fact most of the time it does just the opposite. It brightens fruit flavors, vanillas, and bakeries for sure.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Fuji Apple (FA)
1.00%

Peach Pie and Cream (WF)
0.50%

Peach, White (Pesca Bianca) (FA)
6.00%

Lemon Meringue Pie (Cap)
1.50%

Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA)
0.50%

Super Sweet (Cap)
0.50%

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fuji Apple (FA)
1.00%

Peach Pie and Cream (WF)
0.50%

Peach, White (Pesca Bianca) (FA)
6.00%

Lemon Meringue Pie (Cap)
1.50%

Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA)
0.50%

Super Sweet (Cap)
0.50%

Two observations: While I don't know specifically about FA Fuji, I know the Fuji flavors I have tried before are bad for fading. Others can confirm or refute that. Also, 6% of FA White Peach sounds very high to me. Some flavors will get muted if the level is too high.

Did you by chance use nic salts instead of freebase nic?

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Two observations: While I don't know specifically about FA Fuji, I know the Fuji flavors I have tried before are bad for fading. Others can confirm or refute that. Also, 6% of FA White Peach sounds very high to me. Some flavors will get muted if the level is too high.

Did you by change use nic salts instead of freebase nic?
Agreed. FA is fairly strong. I don’t think going over 3% for any of their flavors is recommended.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No salts, just a 80/20 3% premix base.
Did you mean 3 mg/ml nic? 3% = 30 mg/ml.Very strong for "freebase"
6% FA white peach is really high...
This might sound like a stupid question but did you shake it really good? I mean shake it, come back later and shake it again, needs to be done several times. Could be it just didn't get mixed well.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did you mean 3 mg/ml nic? 3% = 30 mg/ml.Very strong for "freebase"
6% FA white peach is really high...
This might sound like a stupid question but did you shake it really good? I mean shake it, come back later and shake it again, needs to be done several times. Could be it just didn't get mixed well.
If you use 100 mg/ml nic than 3% of the recipe ends up being 3 mg/ml. Yes it would be 0.3% actual nic. I mix at 2 mg/ml and this is what ELR shows for 30 ml of finished juice:

1640985929241.png

1640985727442.png

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
3mg, yes. Shook the piss out of it for a total of 1/2 hour day 1, and more each time I walked by it.
That's how I do it.... shake the "piss" of of it at first time. I go into my room. I shake it again Maybe for two days... then I let it sit. After a couple days. do it one more time (then let it rest)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tried something new... banana cream pie. Letting it steep a few days before trying it. I burned out on peanut butter banana and realized I haven't tried banana without the PB. If it's good, I'll post the ingredients.
If you're looking for a great BCP try this one:

I've mixed this up many times and it is a winner! Hat tip to @Mykreign for this delicious vape!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you're looking for a great BCP try this one:
Thank you... basically, there are two options on crust for BCP (graham or regular pie crust) both are good but for this I opted for regular pie crust (I save the graham for my cheesecake) Here's a quick look at my recipe:
WF banana puree
WF flapper pie *
VT pudding base
OOO pie crust
WF croissant
*flapper pie is a light custard with meringue
Letting it steep... will try it soon.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I mentioned a couple weeks ago about my unflavored base fail (got the numbers mixed up for VG and PG) Did the math (god help me... it was tricky) and think I saved it. Made 100 ml of 6 mg and 12 mg base (good thing I don't care if it's accurate... as long as it's close, I'm good) Also, did some quick touch ups... more peach in my peach pie, more caramel and vanilla in my tobacco mix and made another small batch of my new favorite recipe... chocolate tangerine mint ice cream. Peace out, vape on!
BTW, went on a ride with my son the other day (was supposed to be a quick ride) Took too long, my little pod ran out of juice, broke down and bought a cheap cigar (I know... WTF) smoked half and threw it in the gutter. Not a proud moment but just being honest. I don't bring my good devices on the road. I may break down and get a few disposables (argh) for times like that... at least they are better than a cheap cigar!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good save @VapeOn1960 for the nic base! The cigar doesn't count if you didn't inhale. Wink, wink, nod, nod. When I was working in New Orleans pre 'rona, we would have cigars and bars nights and I had a couple of cigars. They are nasty creatures and I could not inhale them. I got smart and I would bring a copper tube mech with a cigar flavored juice for those nights.

I did a bunch of mixing this weekend. 360 ml total from various recipes from Rocky Toony, Tam Vapes, and @Smoky Blue on ELR, as well as some of mine. Plus I mixed up 500 ml of 3 mg 30/70 nic base.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did a bunch of mixing this weekend. 360 ml total from various recipes from Rocky Toony, Tam Vapes, and @Smoky Blue on ELR, as well as some of mine. Plus I mixed up 500 ml of 3 mg 30/70 nic base.
Yes, that's what I should do... larger batches (I have a bad habit of doing small batches) I keep experimenting but really need to settle in on a few) It's become a thing (trying different things) but then I also have few recipes I should really be mixing at least 50 ml at a time. or more...
It's kind of hard to break out of the experimental mode but really tired of mixing 20 ml at a time. Here I am, mixing another batch of my favorite (chocolate, tangerine, mint ice cream) and freaking love it.... why don't I just mix 50 ml??? I will try to break out out of this small batch mode.

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
Yes, that's what I should do... larger batches (I have a bad habit of doing small batches) I keep experimenting but really need to settle in on a few) It's become a thing (trying different things) but then I also have few recipes I should really be mixing at least 50 ml at a time. or more...
It's kind of hard to break out of the experimental mode but really tired of mixing 20 ml at a time. Here I am, mixing another batch of my favorite (chocolate, tangerine, mint ice cream) and freaking love it.... why don't I just mix 50 ml??? I will try to break out out of this small batch mode.
Hi everyone , I hope you don’t mind me joining in here but I’ve been watching this thread.
I make small batches of recipes that I’ve never tried before but I learned my lesson from not making enough of my favourites so I now make at least 50-100mls depending on how highly I rate them. I would never make litres though like some people do.
Also I was thinking about the earlier conversation here about cloning Golden Ticket by Met4 (which I have tried and loved) and thought that Molinberry Glamour Chocolate may be a decent option because for me it’s a good, full, rich and creamy chocolate similar to what I tasted in Golden Ticket and I thought it was worth considering. Recently I was listening to FolkArt who knows a thing or two about chocolates and he said that his favourite is Capella Double Chocolate V2 which he rated highly but I personally don’t have much experience with that flavour so I couldn’t say wether it would be any good for this particular profile or not.
Anyhow I shall just wish you all a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2022.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I'm just vaping out the last of my berry custard (MTL) and white chocolate peppermint (DL) so I can switch to my banana cream pie (MTL) and chocolate tangerine mint ice cream (DL)
At least they had a few days to steep so worth waiting for.
I have heard others mention glamour chocolate as being good. I like dark chocolate so also want to try VT dark chocolate.

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
So I'm just vaping out the last of my berry custard (MTL) and white chocolate peppermint (DL) so I can switch to my banana cream pie (MTL) and chocolate tangerine mint ice cream (DL)
At least they had a few days to steep so worth waiting for.
I have heard others mention glamour chocolate as being good. I like dark chocolate so also want to try VT dark chocolate.
I have just bought VTA Dark Chocolate but haven’t tried it yet but I’ve heard that it’s also a good one. Banana Cream Pie sounds great.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi everyone , I hope you don’t mind me joining in here but I’ve been watching this thread.
I make small batches of recipes that I’ve never tried before but I learned my lesson from not making enough of my favourites so I now make at least 50-100mls depending on how highly I rate them. I would never make litres though like some people do.
Also I was thinking about the earlier conversation here about cloning Golden Ticket by Met4 (which I have tried and loved) and thought that Molinberry Glamour Chocolate may be a decent option because for me it’s a good, full, rich and creamy chocolate similar to what I tasted in Golden Ticket and I thought it was worth considering. Recently I was listening to FolkArt who knows a thing or two about chocolates and he said that his favourite is Capella Double Chocolate V2 which he rated highly but I personally don’t have much experience with that flavour so I couldn’t say wether it would be any good for this particular profile or not.
Anyhow I shall just wish you all a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2022.
I agree about the MB glamour chocolate. Very close, imo. More experimentation needed. But smell wise, it’s almost perfect.

Jimmy Lee

Member For 4 Years
I agree about the MB glamour chocolate. Very close, imo. More experimentation needed. But smell wise, it’s almost perfect.
Thank you. I won’t pretend to be an experienced mixer because I am not and mostly only mix other peoples recipes but I have had Golden Ticket and also have used and SFT MB Glamour Chocolate and noticed a strong resemblance between the two as the leading flavour. When I had the Met4 Golden Ticket there is the possibility that the original Inawera Chocolate was still around so I don’t know if they used that as well but I never got to try that so I can’t be certain.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tobacco mix ay? I like a good tobacco mix, care to share?
It's a nutty RY4...
FA soho
PUR sweet tobacco
Hangsens USA mix
FW salty caramel
SSA madagascar vanilla
I love FA soho... only add PUR sweet tobacco because I already have it (really don't need it... it's more nutty than the soho) HS USA mix is OK I guess (needed a "plain tobacco" but doubt I would get this one again) and any caramel and vanilla should work fine. It's really a "desert" tobacco. Funny thing is I still crave this every morning... have to start my day with it (after that, I mix up different juices during the day) I also have a small pod (don't laugh but it's for "vooping") that I use my tobacco mix with FW licorice... so good.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any ideas for using FA Kiwi? I have 30 ml and have only tried the original SFT (I like it) I actually totally forgot I have this flavor.
Also, and ideas for fruit flavor combinations (besides the common ones like strawberry banana, kiwi strawberry, ect)? I was watching a Grimmgreen video and he mentioned white peach/ raspberry (I have both) I would have never thought of that but will try it anyway.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Letitia9 , I have heard great things about MF (medicine flower) but they are so expensive (I'm very low budget) I have heard they make the absolute best black cherry (would love to try that) I do realize they are very strong concentrates so, just like Flavorah, if you do the math they aren't as expensive as they seem. I'm adding the dark chocolate to my "master list". Have you tried VT dark chocolate? I'm very interested in that too.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any ideas for using FA Kiwi? I have 30 ml and have only tried the original SFT (I like it) I actually totally forgot I have this flavor.
Also, and ideas for fruit flavor combinations (besides the common ones like strawberry banana, kiwi strawberry, ect)? I was watching a Grimmgreen video and he mentioned white peach/ raspberry (I have both) I would have never thought of that but will try it anyway.
Peach and raspberry is a good combo! I’ve done it before.

if you like coconut, I’d throw it at pineapple, strawberry and/or watermelon(FLV sweet coconut is my fav). Strawberry and peach. Strawberry and any melon. Watermelon and lime. Strawberry and lime. Peach and blueberry. Blueberry and coconut. Strawberry, kiwi and watermelon.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Happy New Year’s everyone! I’ve been MIA mostly lol! Haven’t mixed anything exciting. Still loving Nevan’s “Golden Ice Cream” - Butterscotch Ice Cream my all day, everyday.

Still loving @wllmc original Strawberry Cheesecake as my nighttime vape.

I’ve been out of the loop, which vendors is everyone using for PG/VG nowadays? TIA.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Tried PB & J french toast (I used acai for the jam) It's OK but just like similar PB & J I've done before, I like orange marmalade better (will try that soon) I haven't tried TFA Acai in a long time... forgot how strong it is.

You might want to try an orange marmalade French toast (with maple syrup). I mixed something similar a time or two and it was really good.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You might want to try an orange marmalade French toast (with maple syrup). I mixed something similar a time or two and it was really good.
I love maple... it's very high on my flavor wishlist (I have actual pure maple syrup and it tastes so good!)
BTW, I diluted the acai PB &J french toast and now really like it. I love VT orange marmalade.

VU Sponsors