Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Happy New Year’s everyone! I’ve been MIA mostly lol! Haven’t mixed anything exciting. Still loving Nevan’s “Golden Ice Cream” - Butterscotch Ice Cream my all day, everyday.

Still loving @wllmc original Strawberry Cheesecake as my nighttime vape.

I’ve been out of the loop, which vendors is everyone using for PG/VG nowadays? TIA.
I'm still enjoying Heartdelight Apple Cream Cake by @wllmc.
Heartdelight Apple Cream Cake by wllmc.jpg
Although I had to sub WF Fluffy White Cake (2%) for the CAP CDS. I don't like cinnamon vapes. And I added 0.5% WF Crumble Topping. Now it's more like a streusel coffee cake. Lol

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Fuji Apple (FA)
1.00%

Peach Pie and Cream (WF)
0.50%

Peach, White (Pesca Bianca) (FA)
6.00%

Lemon Meringue Pie (Cap)
1.50%

Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA)
0.50%

Super Sweet (Cap)
0.50%
6% FA White Peach ---> OMG! Lol

FA White Peach is a strong flavor. These days I get by with less than 1.5% in a mix. That still offers plenty of white peach flavor. Many Flavour Art flavors are more highly concentrated versus other companies flavors. White peach is one of those.

Per HIC's Notes: "White Peach can taste a little sharp or “astringent” starting around 3%."

Consider bumping up the SSA Ice Cream Vanilla to 1%-2%. That will bring on more creaminess to your mix.

Something like so:

FA Fuji 1.5%
WF Peach Pie and Cream 0.5%
FA White Peach 1%
CAP Lemon Meringue Pie 1.5%
SSA Ice Cream Vanilla 1.5%
CAP Super Sweet 0.5% (optional)

Adding a touch of FA Marshmallow (like 0.5%) will help to smooth out your overall mix. At 0.5% it won't bring in a noticeable mallow note at all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
New recipe of mine. It is tasty.

Creamy Caramel Crunch

WF Caramel (Salted) 3%
SSA Madagascar Vanilla 1%
WF Cream Filling 1.5%
VTA Honeycomb 3%

I gave it 30 days to steep. Tested after a week, was ok, but it needed more time. Same after two and three weeks.

Next time I make this I'll add FA Butterscotch which will help to boost the caramel flavor. And I'll likely add a touch of either FA Cookie, FA Cookie Premium or FA Vanilla Cookie for additional texture. Finally, VTA Chocolate Mousse or VTA Dark Chocolate for a tease of chocolate.

That sounds great.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
VTA Chocolate Custard is good as well.
Thanks. I have that and most of their other chocolates. But I have not used the choc custard yet. Lol.

Their Chocolate Milk is good. Also worth noting, VTA Chocolate Base (Clear) is good for helping to turn their Dark Chocolate into more of a milk chocolate (2% dark and 1% choc base, yum!).

I think VTA has done a fantastic job with their chocolates.

I have MF Dark Chocolate and it's really good (long steep, 6 weeks) and pretty dang accurate. IMO VTA Dark Chocolate is every bit as tasty and much lower in cost. Lol.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
I have some apple pie left... will try adding PB to that. Thanks.
Start by adding less PB than you think you might need. It's always easier to add more later (if needed). Add too much at the get go and you will end up with shit!

FWIW, Peanut Butter Apple Pie looks mighty tasty IRL.
exps25954_QC944048D51B.jpg
It looks very easy to make as well.

If that is similar to what you're planning on mixing consider adding the following. They will give you a very fine tasting apple pie. A touch of Lemon (0.25% - 0.5%), TPA/TFA Brown Sugar (0.5% - 0.75%), one of the following butters SSA, VTA, FA or CAP (0.5%) and a little vanilla (1%). Bonus flavors, adding a cream or an ice cream (to taste) and/or WF Crumble Topping (0.5%) for a streusel like top.

If you don't have one of the butters then add FA Walnut (0.5% - 0.75%). That will bring in a very light nut flavor. As it steeps it takes on buttery notes when used with creams. The walnut won't be noticeable in the mix. Think of it here as an additive.

Don't know what pie crust you use but I like OOO Pie Crust (2%) with a touch of FA Apple Pie (0.75%) those two compliment each other well and make a more complete pie crust. As for apples my main preference for pies are PUR Country Apple (4.5% - 6%) along with FA Fuji (1% - 1.5%). The PUR is much like a baked apple and the Fuji offers a little zing.

I don't like cinnamon but if you do consider a small amount of FA Cinnamon Ceylon (0.25%).

Good luck with your Pie!

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still enjoying Heartdelight Apple Cream Cake by @wllmc.
View attachment 189973
Although I had to sub WF Fluffy White Cake (2%) for the CAP CDS. I don't like cinnamon vapes. And I added 0.5% WF Crumble Topping. Now it's more like a streusel coffee cake. Lol
Wow, I was just thinking I need to mix my namesake ejuice again lol! It was such a honor & delight that @wllmc named it for me :inlove: So glad to hear you’re enjoying it too!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New recipe of mine. It is tasty.

Creamy Caramel Crunch

WF Caramel (Salted) 3%
SSA Madagascar Vanilla 1%
WF Cream Filling 1.5%
VTA Honeycomb 3%

I gave it 30 days to steep. Tested after a week, was ok, but it needed more time. Same after two and three weeks.

Next time I make this I'll add FA Butterscotch which will help to boost the caramel flavor. And I'll likely add a touch of either FA Cookie, FA Cookie Premium or FA Vanilla Cookie for additional texture. Finally, VTA Chocolate Mousse or VTA Dark Chocolate for a tease of chocolate.
Sounds so yummy! But 30 days :eek: lol! I’m impatient:cheers:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@BigEmptySky , thank you... actually way ahead of you. I do add OOO pie crust and WF croissant (buttery) to my apple pie (but honestly, can't wait to try SSA apple strudel) I have also tried adding FA custard premium to my apple pie (so good) I add ice cream to my peach pie (have tried both custard and IC with both pies... custard is better with apple and IC is better with peach) I do lots of experimenting.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Wow, I was just thinking I need to mix my namesake ejuice again lol! It was such a honor & delight that @wllmc named it for me :inlove: So glad to hear you’re enjoying it too!
I made it shortly after wllmc posted the recipe (July 2019???) and mixed the actual recipe.

CAP CDS 1%
FW Green Apple 2.5%
VTA Green Apple 3%
SC Lemon 0.5%
VTA Milk Fresh 1.5%
VTA Vanilla Cream 1.5%

I liked it best after about 7-10 days. When I tried some a month or so later the cinnamon in CAP CDS was very much out front for my liking. CDS gets stronger over time. It's a tricky flavor to mix with.

The next time I made it is when I subbed WF Fluffy White Cake 2% for CAP CDS and added 0.5% WF Crumble Topping.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW Salted Caramel? I haven't nailed "salty" either and would love to. I ordered FW Salted Caramel, but haven't tried it yet because I have hardly mixed anything for about the last year.
I really like FW Salted Caramel. I bought some time back to make a recipe someone had on ELR.
While that one wasn't a keeper, I love it at 1.75% in my Creamy Butter Pecan & 2.5% in my Double Mix recipes.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The next time I made it is when I subbed WF Fluffy White Cake 2% for CAP CDS and added 0.5% WF Crumble Topping.
I didn't like CAP CDS... didn't like the cinnamon in it. I do love FA cinnamon ceylon for bakeries.
I have JF yellow cake and like it. Also, WF crumble topping is high on my flavor wishlist. So many people have mentioned it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I made it shortly after wllmc posted the recipe (July 2019???) and mixed the actual recipe.

CAP CDS 1%
FW Green Apple 2.5%
VTA Green Apple 3%
SC Lemon 0.5%
VTA Milk Fresh 1.5%
VTA Vanilla Cream 1.5%

I liked it best after about 7-10 days. When I tried some a month or so later the cinnamon in CAP CDS was very much out front for my liking. CDS gets stronger over time. It's a tricky flavor to mix with.

It doesn't help that the cinnamon in Cap CDS just isn't very good. That's really kind of a crap flavoring, imo, and I'm a cinnamon maniac. I'd much rather do a "from scratch" pastry/cinnamon/icing mix than to use any of the cinnamon roll or danish flavors I've tried, but I have by no means tried them all.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It doesn't help that the cinnamon in Cap CDS just isn't very good. That's really kind of a crap flavoring, imo, and I'm a cinnamon maniac. I'd much rather do a "from scratch" pastry/cinnamon/icing mix than to use any of the cinnamon roll or danish flavors I've tried, but I have by no means tried them all.
I'm with you on that. I can't use it as anything more than a VERY slight accent. Less than 1%, otherwise it just shows up way too prominently in any mix. It reminds me of like FA Joy with an oily cinnamon additive. Not good.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've mentioned trying PB & J french toast (first with acai, then with orange marmalade) I used up the OM version but had some left in my tank... topped off with the acai version. During the transition, I was very surprised... the combination was great. Would have never thought of using orange marmalade and acai but somehow it works. I have done this before... transition of flavors and find a combo that just works.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use CAP CDS in a few recipes, where it just works, but that being said, it would not be my first choice if I had to pick an all-around, single-cinnamon flavor either. I would have to say FLV Rich Cinnamon is my favorite- very versatile, great flavor & plenty powerful so a little goes a long way. I also like me some FA Ceylon as well as FW Cinnamon Roll ( a good flavor, but limited in where you can use it due to the pastry in it) & I even have one I make where I like TFA in it, which is another pretty strong one..

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I use CAP CDS in a few recipes, where it just works, but that being said, it would not be my first choice if I had to pick an all-around, single-cinnamon flavor either. I would have to say FLV Rich Cinnamon is my favorite- very versatile, great flavor & plenty powerful so a little goes a long way. I also like me some FA Ceylon as well as FW Cinnamon Roll ( a good flavor, but limited in where you can use it due to the pastry in it) & I even have one I make where I like TFA in it, which is another pretty strong one..

The one I use most is TFA Cinnamon Red Hots, but it goes mostly into bubblegum, so a candy flavor just fits. I use FA Cinnamon Ceylon most often for bakeries and cereals.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't tried it but FLV rich cinnamon seem to be the "king of cinn" (but I still like my FA ceylon for bakeries) FLV is so strong, I would recommend diluting it before using it (but buy one small bottle and it should last a very long time) Sorry folks, but CAP CDS just doesn't agree with me.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to buy flavors to recipes I find, I am not very good at creating my own, but liked the sound of some of new cap flavors, so got Cap Wafer Crunch, Custard Cake and Frosting, I've just done sft's on them, but any ideas of recipes? not into fruit much, but open to ideas.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tend to buy flavors to recipes I find, I am not very good at creating my own, but liked the sound of some of new cap flavors, so got Cap Wafer Crunch, Custard Cake and Frosting, I've just done sft's on them, but any ideas of recipes? not into fruit much, but open to ideas.
I do & am the same way. I buy flavors for recipes & I’m not good at creating my own either :cheers:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'd use that Custard Cake starting at about 3% (may take 4% if it's not a super-concentrated flavor) as a base for a Tiramisu mix. Add FA Cocoa (2%), WF Brazilian Coffee (0.85%), TFA Vanilla Swirl (1.5%), sweetener (0.35%).

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd use that Custard Cake starting at about 3% (may take 4% if it's not a super-concentrated flavor) as a base for a Tiramisu mix. Add FA Cocoa (2%), WF Brazilian Coffee (0.85%), TFA Vanilla Swirl (1.5%), sweetener (0.35%).
That sounds really good (I will have to sub a few flavors but I'm good at that) Is WF brazilian coffee really that strong? It's on my wishlist. AlI have is FA cappuccino and it's really weak (and creamy) but going to try this anyway.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Will do, give it a little time to try them as sft's to figure out %'s.
I'm glad you do SFTs (many people don't) I do one for every flavor I get. I do understand that you still can't predict how they will work in a recipe but it does give you guideline for % to use. Why not make three SFTs then (after trying some of each) just mix what's left together.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That sounds really good (I will have to sub a few flavors but I'm good at that) Is WF brazilian coffee really that strong? It's on my wishlist. AlI have is FA cappuccino and it's really weak (and creamy) but going to try this anyway.

To me, it very definitely IS that strong. The first mix I made with it, I went with about 1.5% and had to throw it out, plus the coil that I used to try it. Everyone is different, though, so it would be a good idea to start there and if that doesn't do it for you, you can always increase.

I think @wildgypsy70 uses it at 1% or less, too. She can chime in if she's available. (She's the reason I even gave the WFBC a second try - I was trashing that flavor here in the forum and she said it was one of her favorites, so I took another look. It's one of my favorites now, just have to go easy with it.)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me, it very definitely IS that strong. The first mix I made with it, I went with about 1.5% and had to throw it out, plus the coil that I used to try it. Everyone is different, though, so it would be a good idea to start there and if that doesn't do it for you, you can always increase.

I think @wildgypsy70 uses it at 1% or less, too. She can chime in if she's available.
depending on what I'm using it in I stay at less than 1%. It is definitely a prominent flavor and stands out in a mix at 1% or less.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I think @wildgypsy70 uses it at 1% or less, too. She can chime in if she's available. (She's the reason I even gave the WFBC a second try - I was trashing that flavor here in the forum and she said it was one of her favorites, so I took another look. It's one of my favorites now, just have to go easy with it.)
I do! Over 1% and things go south pretty quickly.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi all, long time no chat. :) Okay I didn't get to bring very many flavorings with me so I have slowly been getting a few things from BCF. but they don't have 2 of the flavors I am after and looks like Jungle Flavors is down right now. Where else do you all get your flavorings. I know Chefs but I truly don't want to wait 10 to 14 days for them.

I have a craving for my Southern Bread Pudding. The FA corn I can get from BCF but they don't carry the OOO Bread pudding or the Cornbread :( I may be able to sub the bread pudding for the WF Sweet Bread and add a little FLV Vanilla Pudding, but the cornbread?? Can you think of a sub for that? I can't really. Thanks all

Also what has happened to all the SC flavorings over at BCF??? They don't seem to be carrying much anymore :(

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi all, long time no chat. :) Okay I didn't get to bring very many flavorings with me so I have slowly been getting a few things from BCF. but they don't have 2 of the flavors I am after and looks like Jungle Flavors is down right now. Where else do you all get your flavorings. I know Chefs but I truly don't want to wait 10 to 14 days for them.

I have a craving for my Southern Bread Pudding. The FA corn I can get from BCF but they don't carry the OOO Bread pudding or the Cornbread :( I may be able to sub the bread pudding for the WF Sweet Bread and add a little FLV Vanilla Pudding, but the cornbread?? Can you think of a sub for that? I can't really. Thanks all

Also what has happened to all the SC flavorings over at BCF??? They don't seem to be carrying much anymore :(
Hmmmmm…..I don’t find Cornbread to be super corny. Lol. Probably all the corn flavor you’re getting is from FA Corn? Maybe? I just get a crumbly cake texture that helps other cakes. But I don’t use it super high, either. From what I’ve read, above 4% is when the corn aspect comes in.

so…..a drier cake. Maybe MB Classic Sponge Cake? JF Yellow cake?

and maybe add a little custard to your bread pudding for that eggy feeling……

does DIYVS have OoO? (Just checked. They do. Yes for Bread Pudding. No for Corn Bread.😐)

just my 2 cents.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had mod lock in fire position

So, cleaned it. Still waiting for it to dry

Meanwhile, rebuilt stumpy
Mixed 100ml of 37mg nic with no WTA.

I have been down to 2.5ml of 36mg WTA in 100ml final brew

So 0.9mg of combination of nic and minor alkaloids being the WTA, not counting the regular added 37mg nic

0.072mg of the minor alkaloids

So I figured at this point. Around 0.01ish of each of the minor alkaloids. So what harm can going without do?

I'll find out. When my other mod dries

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Hey @debinnv remember we have an insider at BCF that can look into things for you. @wllmc what's the scoop on the flavors she is looking for?

VU Sponsors