“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first thing I thought of yesterday when I read your post about fruit was "peach." Maybe toss in a bit of Liquid Amber if you have it. @wildgypsy70 would you have any ideas about specific flavors and percentages? I haven't worked with peaches that much.
Strawberries….good heavens, there are so many! But, for me, lately, WF Strawberry Juicy and Strawberry Gummy Candy are my favorites.
Blueberry is VSO, but FW Blueberry is a standard and I’ll use it as a main(3%) and add another BB to bend it toward Candy or natural, depending on the recipe. Peaches are tough. Most are too thin and throaty. My favorite is JF Honey Peach, which BCF doesn’t have. WF Peach Pie and Cream is pretty damn good and not harsh, due to the cream part.

To fill out peaches, I use apricot(texture) and nectarine(juiciness). There’s a trinity out there. I’ll hunt it down and post it.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
it really depends on the "profile" you want (just fruit, fruit with cream, bakery fruit, beverage/cocktails, ect)
Maybe just fruit, but nothing tart or sour. No citrus. More like fruit w/cream, bakery fruit.
Description says this is more of a ripe peach, so I'll get ...
https://www.bullcityflavors.com/juicy-peach-tfa/

There are so many strawberry and blueberry, I jus went off decription or some reviews.

So for some kind of bakery and/or custard that I think I can do with what I have..., for strawberry think I'll try...
and/or

And for blueberry, idk...this one prolbly.

Here's my meager stash

EDIT still thinking this through...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
My attempt is to make a variant out of Roadworthy by adding one of these fruit flavors, maybe adjusting some other ingredient(s) already in there, and/or adding a second flavor from stash.

I'm thinking of a real strawberry that is as red/ripe as it can get, to the point of being soft and sweeter than 1 that isn't so ripe. I do have that sweetener.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The combo I used in my Sour Peach Gum is:

FW Peach 2.85%
DIYFS Two Apples 0.8% (I think Capella has a Two Apples flavor that I'd try as a sub here)
TFA Orange Mandarin 2% (yes, I know you said no citrus; the apricot that @wildgypsy70 mentioned would work here instead)
FW Natural Lemonade 1% (I'd probably omit this in a bakery mix)

Looking at your stash, I'm thinking you could get a lot of mileage out of FW Butter Pecan or TFA Pralines & Cream, and some WF Brazilian Coffee, if you like those flavor profiles.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe just fruit, but nothing tart or sour. No citrus. More like fruit w/cream, bakery fruit.
Description says this is more of a ripe peach, so I'll get ...
https://www.bullcityflavors.com/juicy-peach-tfa/

There are so many strawberry and blueberry, I jus went off decription or some reviews.

So for some kind of bakery and/or custard that I think I can do with what I have..., for strawberry think I'll try...
and/or

And for blueberry, idk...this one prolbly.

Here's my meager stash

EDIT still thinking this through...
You definitely want to layer strawberries. If you’re looking for cooked strawberry, that WF Baked will definitely do it. I don’t have a ton of experience with VT Shisha Strawberry. INW is my go to for that kind of thing. It’s an old school flavor.

Also don’t have a ton of experience with LA. I avoid LA most of the time….besides Cream Cheese Icing. They don’t like people using their flavors for vaping and haven’t done anything to help us. My opinion? Go with the FW. There are a ton of recipes using it.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The combo I used in my Sour Peach Gum is:

FW Peach 2.85%
DIYFS Two Apples 0.8% (I think Capella has a Two Apples flavor that I'd try as a sub here)
TFA Orange Mandarin 2% (yes, I know you said no citrus; the apricot that @wildgypsy70 mentioned would work here instead)
FW Natural Lemonade 1% (I'd probably omit this in a bakery mix)
But the citrus might be integral to the recipe, yes? Most people use a citrus to juice up the peach. Give it that drip down the chin aspect. And you don’t taste it, right? I know I don’t. Peach is a bully!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here we go….

FA Apricot 0.5%
FA White Peach 1%
FLV Persimmon 0.5%

The Leilani Trinity. In your face peach.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You definitely want to layer strawberries. If you’re looking for cooked strawberry, that WF Baked will definitely do it. I don’t have a ton of experience with VT Shisha Strawberry. INW is my go to for that kind of thing. It’s an old school flavor.

Also don’t have a ton of experience with LA. I avoid LA most of the time….besides Cream Cheese Icing. They don’t like people using their flavors for vaping and haven’t done anything to help us. My opinion? Go with the FW. There are a ton of recipes using it.

There are also a lot of LA flavors that are oil-based. We definitely don't want to vape those.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
But the citrus might be integral to the recipe, yes? Most people use a citrus to juice up the peach. Give it that drip down the chin aspect. And you don’t taste it, right? I know I don’t. Peach is a bully!

I have to get really happy with citrus flavors in order to taste them in a more complex mix. I love orange but have a problem tasting it. Lemon isn't a problem for me. All that to say, I'm really not the one to weigh in on how much that orange might be detectable. I would think, though, that in a bakery, the apricot would work just as well and would cover the "juicy" aspect without screaming "apricot," especially at 1% or less.

The rest of that story is that when I built that recipe (the sour peach gum) I had apricot in mind but didn't have any here, so I used orange instead. It worked, so I kept it. That SPG is one of my all-time favorite flavors, and it's spot-on for what I had in my mind when I started the recipe. You might remember me talking about the bright yellow gum balls with red specks - that's the flavor I wanted, that big penny bubble gum that came individually wrapped, that we used to get all the time when we were kids.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do love FLV mango (use it with peach and a very little bit of FA apricot... it's so strong so just a bit) TFA peach juicy is nice, but at higher % gets weird (I have found combining FA white peach balances it out) many fruits (but not all because of more recent brands) seem to be better with two combined. FA white peach is so good (and realistic) but so real I get some skin (peel) that I really don't want (a little too real)
I actually wonder if regular FA peach might have been a better choice (as opposed to white peach)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just to be clear... many fruits are better using two flavors... one is too bright/floral, one is too sweet/syrupy... together they work well. OK, had a few drinks... going to fade away.
Don't ever assume a particular brand has all good flavors... and don't assume another brand doesn't.
They all seem to have both... really have to do your homework.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love FA white peach (so realistic... but maybe too much so) It is straight up white peach (yes... I have had those in real life) but it also has "peel", "skin" that I could do without. I actually wish I had tried FA peach instead. TFA peach juicy is good to mix with other peaches, but if mixed too high, has some off notes.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Adding those too!
I want to try both of those! BTW, doing a SFT of brazilian coffee tomorrow. Everyone says it is really strong but my plan is to mix it with FA cappuccino that is weak on coffee but very creamy and sweet (should be the perfect combo) Also trying SSA apple strudel (if you are interested) will post results soon. If you like apple at all... get FA fuji (trust me on this) Right now, I am really liking WF, FA and SSA overall. If you want to add a few more (on the cheap) consider PUR... many are actually very good.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To fill out peaches, I use apricot(texture) and nectarine(juiciness). There’s a trinity out there. I’ll hunt it down and post it.
Peach, mango and apricot (in a sort of 3-2-1 ratio... not % but based on solo... this always confuses people)
Haven't tried nectarine but sure that is also a good choice. Go easy on apricot (I use FA) it can easily overpower the mix. I feel that mango (I like FLV) works well with peach.

cheepshot

Member For 4 Years
Out of store bought after buying a years worth just before shipping bs and fav store closing. Made Mama J's Custard last week and like that.
Just now made my first from scratch. It's good, I like it. I'll see how it steeps.
It looks to good to pass, I used Butterscotch Ripple since I am out of BS-FA. Tastes pretty good on the shake and I'm sure it will be better after some steeping like nadalama suggests.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It looks to good to pass, I used Butterscotch Ripple since I am out of BS-FA. Tastes pretty good on the shake and I'm sure it will be better after some steeping like nadalama suggests.

I'm about to remove this recipe.
Out of store bought after buying a years worth just before shipping bs and fav store closing. Made Mama J's Custard last week and like that.
Just now made my first from scratch. It's good, I like it. I'll see how it steeps.
1648075801904.png
Was good at first but the crunchies got overpowering after a few days steep and the vape became dry on the end, at least to me.

A couple days ago I changed it up a bit -adjusting % & adding custard- , and its holding up good.
1648068343011.png

It's on private, how do I make it public?

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'm about to remove this recipe.

Was good at first but the crunchies got overpowering after a few days steep and the vape became dry on the end, at least to me.

A couple days ago I changed it up a bit -adjusting % & adding custard- , and its holding up good.
View attachment 191865

It's on private, how do I make it public?

Go to where you'd edit the recipe, scroll down past the recipe itself, and un-click the box that says "This is a private recipe." If memory serves.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure which flavor you are talking about, but I have ruined many recipes by using too much cookie... it just overpowers everything else. Bakery flavors can be tricky. A little custard can really help.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Are you the first to follow a recipe by little old feeble me? I feel honored. 🕺

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 strawberries now, (along w/a few other new flavs), and thinking of adding both to Roadworthy.

I'll make a 10ML tester, but for the sake of conversation if I added 1 ML of each strawberry (2ML total) to the 100 ml recipe, do you guys think that would be too much or too little? For effect, I'm thinking more than a hint but not over powering on the strawberry.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not sure I understand... but every flavor (and every brand) is different (as far as % to use) 1 ml of flavor (in 100ml batch) would be 1%. What % were you going to try as a 10ml tester? Do you use a scale or syringe to measure (weight or volume)? Which specific strawberry flavors do you mean (maybe I can help with solo % to recommend)?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I would just do the 10 ml tester (SFT) first then decide how much to use from that. 1% (1ml in a 100 ml) is a drop in the bucket... won't even know it's there. (1ml in a 10 ml is very strong... 10%) Please explain...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I would just do the 10 ml tester (SFT) first then decide how much to use from that. 1% (1ml in a 100 ml) is a drop in the bucket... won't even know it's there. (1ml in a 10 ml is very strong... 10%) Please explain...
Yes I would make 10ml first. I use a scale.
You think this is enough strawberry? Not faint or dominating?
1648091282260.png
Maybe I should go to 4% instead of 2%.

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I would make 10ml first. I use a scale.
You think this is enough strawberry? Not faint or dominating?
View attachment 191877
Maybe I should go to 4% instead of 2%.
I'd say no depending on what you're going for. Strawberry (Baked) - WF I use at around 2% I believe. I am not familiar with the INW - Strawberry, only INW - Shisha Strawberry. It looks like the INW - Strawberry is used at around 2% as well. Unless you are going for a very slight hint of strawberry, I'd go with 2% WF and 1% INW

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Unless you are going for a very slight hint of strawberry, I'd go with 2% WF and 1% INW
I added that 2+1% to steeped Roadworthy. Not the ideal way, I know.
Definitely taste the strawberry through and through. Not overdone really, but I think I was looking for something a little less. Those two strawberries make for a nice sweet strawberry taste though.

I need to start making more at a time - 50ML+100ML in 9 days.:eek:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
My latest concoction. While just adding strawberry to Roadworthy worked out well, if I do say so myself :p, I decided to also go a different strawberry direction as well. Made it today and so far so good. Still a work in progress. I can taste funnel cake, faint strawberry and on lips too, and the rest is melded together giving it the background it has.
I'm thinking butter cream since I have some, and/or something I don't have - like milk, ice cream...thoughts anyone?
1648253054955.png

:huh::question:

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My latest concoction. While just adding strawberry to Roadworthy worked out well, if I do say so myself :p, I decided to also go a different strawberry direction as well. Made it today and so far so good. Still a work in progress. I can taste funnel cake, faint strawberry and on lips too, and the rest is melded together giving it the background it has.
I'm thinking butter cream since I have some, and/or something I don't have - like milk, ice cream...thoughts anyone?
View attachment 191928

:huh::question:

I think I would take the brown sugar out and use powdered sugar instead. Maybe decrease Vanilla Swirl to about 1.75%.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't get the quote/reply to work. Yes lose the brown sugar (and maybe even the marshmallow)
There is a little known secret for strawberry (haven't tried it because I am basically "strawberry blind"... can only taste "candy" ones) Don't trip, but a very small bit of hazelnut seems to make strawberry flavors more realistic (learned this on DIYorDie Noted video) I'll try to post a link for that.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Can't get the quote/reply to work. Yes lose the brown sugar (and maybe even the marshmallow)
There is a little known secret for strawberry (haven't tried it because I am basically "strawberry blind"... can only taste "candy" ones) Don't trip, but a very small bit of hazelnut seems to make strawberry flavors more realistic (learned this on DIYorDie Noted video) I'll try to post a link for that.
Warning. Unsubstantiated newbieness ahead:
I'm real happy w/the how the strawberry is working out-at least so far in this test 1. But I do want to learn whatever your finding and may use that knowledge.
I figured brown sugar would help with and be better than just, caramel.
I might try the powdered sugar after my next order, which will be soon but I also need more - idk what -flavors and get larger quantities of what I have/know I will use.
I think for now, with test 2, I'm going to up the funnel cake to get it through a little more, and lower some of the others, maybe the bs is one. And since i'm thinking i don't need to go over 15% flavor or much over. Maybe I'll add some butter cream?? becasue I really wish I had some vanilla ice cream, I think loll.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not always... but very often when I make a complex recipe (too many flavors) it get's weird... not bad but like all the flavors just "mute" each other. Keep this in mind (better to limit the numbers of flavors if you can) Very rarely, this works... but most times it backfires. Don't recall the recipe, but was sure all these great flavors would create the ultimate masterpiece... but instead it was just a "muddled" mess (where you couldn't even pick out any single flavor) Simple can be better. Even adding things like marshmallow, brown sugar and caramel... maybe just pick one.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Even adding things like marshmallow, brown sugar and caramel... maybe just pick one.

View attachment 191928
So just Funnel Cake, Strawberry x2, and Vanilla swirl? 3 Flavors?
What if I put BS + Caramel together shook it and added that, would that be a 4th flavor? The same with Marshmallow and Vanilla Swirl and that would be a 5th flavor?
:ejuice: :p

What about remove Marshmallow, bs, and caramel. Add butter cream and up the vanilla swirl. Then taste test to see what that does and if the same amount of funnel Cake shines through a little more.
?

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can offer a short list of flavors I don't think I could do without:

TFA Vanillin
FA Cocoa
FA Chocolate
FW Yellow Cake
LA Cream Cheese Icing
Cap Sugar Cookie
WF Almond Cookie
FW Cream Soda
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe
OOO Powdered Sugar
VTA Honeycomb
FLV Pound Cake
FLV Vanilla Pudding
Cap Super Sweet
Inw Shortbread
Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream
FA Forest Fruit
TFA Maple Syrup
FA Black Cherry
FA Meringue
FA Almond
FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (since Hangsen is apparently impossible to get now)
LB Belgian Waffle (is this still available?)
FA Cinnamon Ceylon
TFA Holiday Spice
Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie (I may be the only one who likes this!)
TFA Vanilla Custard II

That's probably enough for now. Add fruits you like - I'm not crazy about them.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I can offer a short list of flavors I don't think I could do without:

TFA Vanillin
FA Cocoa
FA Chocolate
FW Yellow Cake
LA Cream Cheese Icing
Cap Sugar Cookie
WF Almond Cookie
FW Cream Soda
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe
OOO Powdered Sugar
VTA Honeycomb
FLV Pound Cake
FLV Vanilla Pudding
Cap Super Sweet
Inw Shortbread
Cap Vanilla Whipped Cream
FA Forest Fruit
TFA Maple Syrup
FA Black Cherry
FA Meringue
FA Almond
FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (since Hangsen is apparently impossible to get now)
LB Belgian Waffle (is this still available?)
FA Cinnamon Ceylon
TFA Holiday Spice
Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie (I may be the only one who likes this!)
TFA Vanilla Custard II

That's probably enough for now. Add fruits you like - I'm not crazy about them.
Thanks! I can pull from that. I'm not fruit crazy but for me it's nice to a pastry for a change up. That's why so far I've only gotten strawberry and blueberry. The peach pie one was because there was a store bough juice I liked and I think peach was in it to get the flavor but without it being able to label it a peach.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Liquid Barn Vanilla Ice Cream is really good & used by a lot of experienced mixers.

I just bought SSA Ice Cream Vanilla which is newer but I read reviews that it is good but not as punchy as Liquid Barn. I’m going to try using it in place of LB Vanilla Ice Cream as it costs less In a fav recipe I mix all the time. Nick Evans Golden Ice Cream.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So just Funnel Cake, Strawberry x2, and Vanilla swirl? 3 Flavors?
What if I put BS + Caramel together shook it and added that, would that be a 4th flavor? The same with Marshmallow and Vanilla Swirl and that would be a 5th flavor?
:ejuice: :p

What about remove Marshmallow, bs, and caramel. Add butter cream and up the vanilla swirl. Then taste test to see what that does and if the same amount of funnel Cake shines through a little more.
?
What you need is something to bolster that funnel cake, if it’s too much in the background. I’m not super familiar with RF Funnel Cake, but I do know that most RF flavors run a little thin/top end. Something as simple as Caps Sugar Cookie can go a long way in bakery type mixes and is one of the flavors I can’t do without. It goes in almost every custard mix I do(trick from Nick Evans….thickens up the custard) and is a general all around workhorse in DIY.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What you need is something to bolster that funnel cake, if it’s too much in the background. I’m not super familiar with RF Funnel Cake, but I do know that most RF flavors run a little thin/top end. Something as simple as Caps Sugar Cookie can go a long way in bakery type mixes and is one of the flavors I can’t do without. It goes in almost every custard mix I do(trick from Nick Evans….thickens up the custard) and is a general all around workhorse in DIY.
Nick‘s new fav instead of Caps Sugar Cookie is WF SC Pancake featured in his new recipe “The Nevans Custard”.

to quote Nick:

“This is one of those deals where if you like custards and you’re bored of the same old same old then mix this one, why? Because WF pancake makes it, gone are the days of the sugar cookie, meet the new must-have concentrate to excel your custards past that “Meh” mark, if you haven’t got WF pancake then your custards are missing out, YOU’RE missing out. your tanks are missing out… you get the idea, it’s a staple. I’ve waited for this to be released so that you too can witness something which can only be described as “buttery, DAAPY and Godly” essentially this recipe is a showcase of that 1 concentrate but what such a good job it does!“

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed this new recipe yesterday. I put it together specifically to use some of the flavors I just got a couple weeks ago from Wizard.

Citrus Snap

WF Almond Cookie 3.15%
Inw Lemon 1.5%
TFA Madagascar Vanilla 2%
WF Mascarpone Cream Cheese 1%
FA Royal Orange 2%
WF Summertime Lemonade 2%

Total flavors: 11.65%

I think it's going to need 4 to 6 days to come into its own, but as a S&V it's not bad.

I think a bit of French Vanilla Deluxe (1.5%?) and 0.5% of Super Sweet would improve it, and I may try that when I can get my hands on the flavors.

I already know that these won't be my favorite lemon flavors, but again, they aren't terrible. Just not as good as FE Lemon and FW Lemonade Natural. Sweetener might take care of that, though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@nadalama , be careful with that WF mascarpone. I add some to my cheesecake but a little too much can ruin it.
Just curious... 3.15 % does anyone really get that accurate?

No worries. I've used it a lot. Must be one of those flavors I don't taste very well.

Yes, I got that accurate in this instance because I was using a graduated cylinder to measure flavors. I was trying to stay near round numbers that I could accurately measure.

VU Sponsors