wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey @debinnv remember we have an insider at BCF that can look into things for you. @wllmc what's the scoop on the flavors she is looking for?
@debinnv
Hey guys! regarding One on One, way back in 2020 around September they decided that they did not want anyone reselling their flavors anymore to funnel sales to them directly and asked that the brand be sold out and not restocked, if anyone has this on their shelf still I'd be cautious, not that the flavoring would be bad but its got to be old lol.
SC is going away :(

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
That is very bad news. Hope it is still in stock for awhile (hoping to make an order soon and really want the lemon) Also, I watch DIYorDie Noted often and they mention many SC flavors as being very good. Thanks for the "heads up" (even if it is bad news)
We just need some compliance paperwork from them but so far they are not playing ball, if and when we can get everything we need from them we will be able to offer the brand again.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So this thread seems to be slow, so... here is some thoughts an my new recipe idea: Tiramiso
I have most everything I need except I need a good coffee (have decided to get WF brazilan coffee) I have FA cappuccino but it is so wimpy and mostly cream (that's why I need the other coffee) Have WF chocolate chunks (and FA cocoa to boost it) Have JF yellow cake. My question is most "real life" recipes include mascarpone cheese (I have that but use it in my cheesecake and a little too much destroys it) I am thinking like less than 1 %. It is supposed to have actual booze (would love to use VT light rum but can't order every flavor I want) VT also has coffee liquor (Kahlua) so don't really care if it has the "booze" factor (but if I could order endless flavors, I would consider that one) Any and all suggestions welcome.Should I take a chance on the mascarpone cheese (very low %) or just use cheesecake (PUR... not the best but not bad either) I also have WF bavarian cream.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So this thread seems to be slow, so... here is some thoughts an my new recipe idea: Tiramiso
I have most everything I need except I need a good coffee (have decided to get WF brazilan coffee) I have FA cappuccino but it is so wimpy and mostly cream (that's why I need the other coffee) Have WF chocolate chunks (and FA cocoa to boost it) Have JF yellow cake. My question is most "real life" recipes include mascarpone cheese (I have that but use it in my cheesecake and a little too much destroys it) I am thinking like less than 1 %. It is supposed to have actual booze (would love to use VT light rum but can't order every flavor I want) VT also has coffee liquor (Kahlua) so don't really care if it has the "booze" factor (but if I could order endless flavors, I would consider that one) Any and all suggestions welcome.Should I take a chance on the mascarpone cheese (very low %) or just use cheesecake (PUR... not the best but not bad either) I also have WF bavarian cream.
Right now, my favorite coffee flavor is Mocca Coffee from SSA. I would also suggest MB Double Mocca Coffee. Both are great coffees and do double duty by having chocolate notes. The VT you suggested would also work!

Marscapone is gonna be tough. WF’s can definitely ruin things too high. If you had HS Italian Cream, LA CCI, or OOO Vanilla Cheesecake, they would be the most ideal. But the crust in the Pur Cgc could be useful in turning JF Yellow Cake into more of a lady finger?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@wildgypsy70 , I'll consider SSA mocha coffee. Is it weak on coffee flavor? I'm really thinking WF brazilian coffee might be better for me (I like strong coffee flavor) and I can combine it with FA cappuccino that is wimpy and very creamy. I also like to add FW hazelnut (but not for tiramisu)
WF mascarpone is scary... almost wish I hadn't even got it. BTW, I'm getting INW yes we cheesecake (and I have TFA graham cracker)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I watched DIYorDie Noted on blueberry. Good info (and the famous "blueberry trinity") but it's an older show so doesn't mention SSA blueberry... has anyone tried that? Also interested in VSO blueberry

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@wildgypsy70 , I'll consider SSA mocha coffee. Is it weak on coffee flavor? I'm really thinking WF brazilian coffee might be better for me (I like strong coffee flavor) and I can combine it with FA cappuccino that is wimpy and very creamy. I also like to add FW hazelnut (but not for tiramisu)
WF mascarpone is scary... almost wish I hadn't even got it. BTW, I'm getting INW yes we cheesecake (and I have TFA graham cracker)
Yes we cheesecake is my favorite!!!!

SSA Mocca Coffee is strong. Like 1% and under strong. But I really like it a lot. No bitter notes. Or skunky notes.

Hey, guys. I just have a quick question. I haven't needed to buy pg or vg for almost 2 years. Now, I need to resupply and I suddenly find myself in a different world where the suppliers I've always used are either out of stock, out of business, or won't ship pg and vg to me without a business account.

I guess I could check brick and mortar vape shops in my area, but I shudder to think of the prices if I can even find any there. What is a reputable vendor that sells safe, good quality pg/vg online and will ship to me in the northeast US?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Try www.delosilabs.com and/or www.nicbase.com. I don't know about shipping to the northeast, since I live in the mid-Atlantic, but I do see that Delosi still offers various sizes of VG and PG, and Nicbase offers premixed base with nicotine in various sizes and strengths. The last half-dozen times or so that I've ordered, I've bought 250ml sizes of 24mg nic base in PG, so that I can pour that into an empty 1L bottle, and then just fill it up with VG to make a roughly 25/75 liter of 6mg pre-mixed base.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't understand that shipping VG or PG would be an issue. I got mine from Amazon (a bit high priced but with prime free shipping wasn't too bad) Very good quality too.
I was going to do this as well, but it actually made more sense to order from bcf and just spend $50 for free shipping at the time. The price seems to fluctuate on amazon and I think it was almost $50 for a gallon of VG when I was looking to buy. Otherwise I usually do amazon prime as well

I can't understand that shipping VG or PG would be an issue. I got mine from Amazon (a bit high priced but with prime free shipping wasn't too bad) Very good quality too.
I didn't think it would be an issue either, but i tried ordering from a supplier I've used many times in the past for nic, pg/vg and flavors. They will still ship flavors, but they are categorizing pg/vg as ENDs products and will only ship them to businesses.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions. I actually placed an order with Bulk Apothecary shortly after I posted here, but it's good to have other reliable options, especially the way things are going lately.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really appreciate those who suggested : kiwi, peach, watermelon (enjoyed it for a month now)
So, for a change, went back to my peach, mango, apricot (with some cream) Now I decided this will be my peach "stone" (if that's the right term) Going to mix it with kiwi and watermelon and also going to try using it with my peach pie recipe (that has crossed my mind several times)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just seen this

House and Senate Vote This Week!
Dear Jimi,
Synthetic nicotine has been a lifeline for vaping consumers ever since FDA started enforcing the PMTA requirement for new nicotine and tobacco products. But now, Congress is looking to subject this low-risk alternative to smoking to the same disasterous regulations that are killing the safer nicotine industry.
As is common with potentially controversial legislation, some members of congress (supported by incumbent tobacco companies) are inserting what is effectively a ban on sythetic nicotine into a must-pass omnibus budget bill. The urgency of the war in Ukraine and our own economic challenges at home means that this bill is expected to be voted on by both the House and the Senate THIS WEEK! (The House may vote on this bill on Wednesday.)
Please take a moment today and urge your members of Congress to remove the language in the omnibus that gives FDA the authority to ban synthetic nicotine just like it's done with nearly all other safer alternatives to smoking.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just seen this

House and Senate Vote This Week!
Dear Jimi,
Synthetic nicotine has been a lifeline for vaping consumers ever since FDA started enforcing the PMTA requirement for new nicotine and tobacco products. But now, Congress is looking to subject this low-risk alternative to smoking to the same disasterous regulations that are killing the safer nicotine industry.
As is common with potentially controversial legislation, some members of congress (supported by incumbent tobacco companies) are inserting what is effectively a ban on sythetic nicotine into a must-pass omnibus budget bill. The urgency of the war in Ukraine and our own economic challenges at home means that this bill is expected to be voted on by both the House and the Senate THIS WEEK! (The House may vote on this bill on Wednesday.)
Please take a moment today and urge your members of Congress to remove the language in the omnibus that gives FDA the authority to ban synthetic nicotine just like it's done with nearly all other safer alternatives to smoking.
What about the regular nic @Jimi ?
I just bought another gallon a couple of weeks ago with no problem.
Wonder if it’s in that bill also.
Thank you for the info

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just a shame to see things like this start and if regular nic is in the bill wont be long and they will be after flavors, :mad:
Nah. They can’t. There’s so many other uses for flavoring. They can’t prove what we’re using it for. Candy? Soda? Coffee flavoring?

Now, flavored vapes. Yea, they’ll be continuing their campaign against that. “For the children”. Lol.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nah. They can’t. There’s so many other uses for flavoring. They can’t prove what we’re using it for. Candy? Soda? Coffee flavoring?

Now, flavored vapes. Yea, they’ll be continuing their campaign against that. “For the children”. Lol.
Yes but...... if they wanted too they could put an ingreedient in the flavoring that COULDN'T be vaped

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Fyi, mixing buds...

E-mail earlier today from 18650batterystore.com, they have restocked on Molicell batts, 18650 P26A for $4.99, P27A for $5.99, P42A for $6.99. Shipping on my order at about $27.50 was just under $6.50. Code WELCOMEBACK knocks 5% off as well.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Did a small order from BCF (a couple new ones and three that I was getting low on) New ones are:
SSA apple strudel and WF braziian coffee (will post my results after doing SFTs and a quick steep)
BTW, I got more CAP sweet tangerine (yes, it sort of candy but a good one... works so well in my chocolate/tangerine/mint w/cream recipe) Also (just because they are so cheap) got some more PUR cookie and NY cheesecake. Total price for 5 flavors (including shipping) $12.56 I love BCF.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixing day... two new flavors (SFT) WF brazilian coffee and SSA apple strudel (need a few days to steep)
Some of my regulars: tobacco mix, cheesecake, and my new fav (chocolate, tangerine, mint ice cream)
If anyone is interested, CAP sweet tangerine is mostly a candy flavor (but a very good one) it goes very well with chocolate. I just ordered more because I like it that much. If anyone is interested, it is also a key ingredient in Naked POG (with another orange) I have only had POG pre-made (and love it, but like most pre-mades, it's too strong and too sweet) I just add some cream and dilute it. I have verified the "clone recipe" if anyone is interested) BTW, I use PUR butter mint with the chocolate/tangerine but LB (liquid barn) white chocolate peppermint will fit right in (actually adds some to the chocolate... any white chocolate works for this... like the missing ingredient) I just love butter mint so much and tend to mix white chocolate peppermint solo because it's so good.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey... my small SFT (10ml) of SSA apple strudel is cloudy. Never seen this before but have read other threads about this. Everyone says it's no big deal (as far being safe to vape) Is this common?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Out of store bought after buying a years worth just before shipping bs and fav store closing. Made Mama J's Custard last week and like that.
Just now made my first from scratch. It's good, I like it. I'll see how it steeps.

Edit: This recipe has changed. New version(same name)on ELR. 3/23/22
1647338531669.png

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Out of store bought after buying a years worth just before shipping bs and fav store closing. Made Mama J's Custard last week and like that.
Just now made my first from scratch. It's good, I like it. I'll see how it steeps.
View attachment 191587

That looks excellent. Keep us posted, I'm interested to see how it turns out. You don't have any flavors in there that should require a really long steep, but a week or so will do it good, at least imo. Good luck!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Is this your first DIY mix? Sounds yummy. Shake it up for a couple days and give it a week to steep (actually go ahead and try a bit, then let the rest steep... see if it improves)
First was following Mama J's recipe. This is my first from scratch recipe. I really like it even just S&V. I didn't go hog wild on the amount, 50ml, so there can be some steep before it's gone but I'll make more next, as well as a couple smaller variants - like adding a fruit maybe - to see where I can take it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Any suggestions on a few fruit flavors?
Really ripe - and sweet, or at least just ripe. No tart. ?
Something like strawberry, blueberry, peach, ...

The first thing I thought of yesterday when I read your post about fruit was "peach." Maybe toss in a bit of Liquid Amber if you have it. @wildgypsy70 would you have any ideas about specific flavors and percentages? I haven't worked with peaches that much.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The first thing I thought of yesterday when I read your post about fruit was "peach." Maybe toss in a bit of Liquid Amber if you have it. @wildgypsy70 would you have any ideas about specific flavors and percentages? I haven't worked with peaches that much.
What's liquid amber?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What's liquid amber?

It's a flavor enhancer that reportedly gives a "cooked" flavor to fruits. For example, if you were using regular apple flavors in an apple pie recipe (as opposed to an "apple pie filling" flavor), you'd want to add liquid amber to make those raw apples taste smoother and sweeter, have less of a raw bite to them. Maybe combine the LA with some brown sugar, and whatever spices you like.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Any suggestions on a few fruit flavors?
Really ripe - and sweet, or at least just ripe. No tart. ?
Something like strawberry, blueberry, peach, ...
I'm sort of "strawberry blind" (but love them in real life) Anyway, it really depends on the "profile" you want (just fruit, fruit with cream, bakery fruit, beverage/cocktails, ect) I used to be fanatic that all fruit flavors had to be "realistic" but have discovered a few ones I like that are somewhat "candy" (not full blown jolly rancher or sweet tarts... more like lifesavers) I tend to like fruits with bakery and/or creamy but recenty tried kiwi/peach/watermelon and love that combo by itself. Some of the "candy" fruits are great with chocolate and/or mint. It seems that VSO blueberry is the best but BCF doesn't have that brand (holding out myself to order from VSO... they have many good fruits) There is the classic "bluberry trinity" if you are interested. FA has good peach flavors (and kiwi) I love "water malone" (it's a "one-shot" watermelon I got from liquid barn but the recipe is available if you want to create it yourself from BCF flavors) You just missed out on the best lemon (FE... seems SC is the same but BCF just stopped carrying that) You might consider making POG (passion fruit/orange/guava) I have a recipe for that. I love berries and WF boysenberry raspberry is my fav (mostly boysenberry and not really tart like it sounds) FA fuji is a great apple! I'm not going to even try finding a good cherry (just holding out until I can afford MF black cherry... very expensive) TFA peach juicy is very ripe/sweet but I like to combine it with FA white peach. If you like bakery fruits, VT orange marmalade is great. I have heard FLV blackberry is another bakery fruit (jammy) FA lulo is interesting... it's great for making other fruits "juicy" but it's very citrus flavor (almost like mild grapefruit to me) I don't really like grape but TFA acai is like a more earthy less sweet grape. Oh... I almost forgot to mention WF banana puree... love it.

VU Sponsors