Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It’s a good one. Specific uses and does need a back up cheesecake(INW is my fav, but most of the cheesecake flavors have that coconut taste thing going on).
I have a cheesecake (PUR NY cheesecake) and TFA graham but that's not why I want the toasted coconut one... just for other bakery recipes (like something with cookie, caramel, custard, ect)
I do want INW yes we cheesecake but the PUR is OK for now.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up 60 ml of GOC one shot, might last a few weeks... :giggle:

Next I'm going to mix up all of my OTR juices (On The Road) and drop my nic down to 1 mg/ml. We'll see how that flies (pun intended) for my road trip this week.

60 ml each:
@Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon
@wllmc's Game Over Custard
My Monster Cookie
My PS Shortcake

I'm also going to try zero nic for when I'm home and in case hospital tests for nic when I have my hip replaced.

Hope you're feeling better @wildgypsy70!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, I mixed and have been enjoying my licorice, lemon, buttermint, and marshmallow... it's a winner! In fact, the last little bit is left in my tank and i'm really bummed out... saving it for this evening.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, I mixed and have been enjoying my licorice, lemon, buttermint, and marshmallow... it's a winner! In fact, the last little bit is left in my tank and i'm really bummed out... saving it for this evening.
Apologize for quoting myself but I just mixed more of that. Been vaping a one-shot... LB white chocolate peppermint to get me by and also mixed one of my proudest recipes (I'm not a mint freak but love buttermint and it just turned out that way) My real pride and joy is chocolate, tangerine, buttermint with bavarian cream (I don't have many creams so use this often... it's WF)
On a side note, tried a new flavor (smores) and also mixed up some hazelnut cappuccino (with too much WF brazilian coffee... good stuff but crazy strong) so combining it with the smores and that is working great!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been way too busy to keep up with mixing and new flavors, but I need to replenish a few staples and get some vg and pg. Any suggestions on the new Capella flavors or anything else that is a must have @wildgypsy70 ?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have been way too busy to keep up with mixing and new flavors, but I need to replenish a few staples and get some vg and pg. Any suggestions on the new Capella flavors or anything else that is a must have @wildgypsy70 ?
Well, hello!

I’m a big fan of WF Pancake(not a pancake but more of a bakery enhancer, like Caps Sugar Cookie). Caps Custard Cake, Nut Muffin are really nice, too. Session Drummer does really great reviews that run along the same lines of my own taste.

SSA is also killing it lately.

I’m not in front of my flavors right now. But I’ll return later tonight.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh! Caps Milkshake and Sticky Bun!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have mentioned that I SFT (solo) every new flavor. Mostly 10 or less per order. Recently, some really nice person gave me a bunch (will take time test them all) I know many people just try them in recipes but I always try them solo first.
Oh (and I think outside the box... way outside so how about Milkshake and Sticky Bun?) Won't know until you try it.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
There is no "best brand" of flavors... you really have to do some homework, but I will say WF and SSA have been getting high points from me lately (and also FA and VT)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have mentioned that I SFT (solo) every new flavor. Mostly 10 or less per order. Recently, some really nice person gave me a bunch (will take time test them all) I know many people just try them in recipes but I always try them solo first.
Oh (and I think outside the box... way outside so how about Milkshake and Sticky Bun?) Won't know until you try it.
I also did this in the beginning, but went through a bit of a flavor buying "addiction" and now have 368 flavors in my stash lol. I think once I hit 300 I ran out of time to test everything.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I also did this in the beginning, but went through a bit of a flavor buying "addiction" and now have 368 flavors in my stash lol. I think once I hit 300 I ran out of time to test everything.

I didn't even try it. Know myself, own my lack of patience and my tendency to accumulate messes.

If I made mixing too much of a PITA, I wouldn't have bothered with it at all.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't even try it. Know myself, own my lack of patience and my tendency to accumulate messes.

If I made mixing too much of a PITA, I wouldn't have bothered with it at all.
Yah it kind of became a chore as well. It isn't very often that I've made something unvapable even when trying untested flavors, so I have just kind of resolved to never test them all at this point. I did find it relaxing to mix up a bunch of sft and just kind of sit and take notes and try and discern the different flavor notes, then put recipes together in my head, but life is just too busy.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright . . . . I got a couple new flavors so I'm trying out some new idea. I really wanted to create a Honeybun type recipe with the CAP sticky bun, but I think I made a mistake somewhere.

1652891805116.png

So, I think going with Milk and Honey was my error. I don't really have any other honey flavors except VTA Honeycomb, and I guess a Honeybun doesn't exactly taste like honey. The Frosting and Golden Syrup combo seems to have done what I wanted it to and created a little bit of a sticky icing type feel, the Sticky Bun and the Glazed Donut seem to make a pretty good base for the cake. It tastes cakey but not dense like a yellow cake. I just need a substitue for the Milk and Honey . . . any suggestions?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Alright . . . . I got a couple new flavors so I'm trying out some new idea. I really wanted to create a Honeybun type recipe with the CAP sticky bun, but I think I made a mistake somewhere.

View attachment 193475

I'm kinda thinking you don't need it at all, not the Milk & Honey nor a substitute for it.

I have a few ideas of how to bump it, but they're all falling into the caramel/butter pecan/butterscotch realm. A tiny bit, like 0.5 or 0.75 percent. Leaning toward butterscotch as the best choice of the three.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm kinda thinking you don't need it at all, not the Milk & Honey nor a substitute for it.

I have a few ideas of how to bump it, but they're all falling into the caramel/butter pecan/butterscotch realm. A tiny bit, like 0.5 or 0.75 percent. Leaning toward butterscotch as the best choice of the three.
So you think drop the milk and honey and add a bit of one of those 3? I was actually contemplating a bit of caramel, but I wasn't sure which one. I was thinking SSA Caramel Biscuit because its kind of a sweeter caramel in there, but I didn't want the biscuit to crunch up the cake base too much. Butterscotch I have FA and the Butterscotch Ripple. I will give it a go.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So you think drop the milk and honey and add a bit of one of those 3? I was actually contemplating a bit of caramel, but I wasn't sure which one. I was thinking SSA Caramel Biscuit because its kind of a sweeter caramel in there, but I didn't want the biscuit to crunch up the cake base too much. Butterscotch I have FA and the Butterscotch Ripple. I will give it a go.

Yeah, if I was doing the mixing, I'd try the Butterscotch Ripple first. Anything "biscuit" seems so heavy - but then, honey buns ARE heavy. Just seems like you've made good choices for the bread part already.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's pod season for me . . . no jacket to carry around my bigger vapes, so I am trying to be pocket friendly lol. Mixed this one up on Saturday and am really enjoying it in the Caliburn. I guess if you don't have RF Pineapple I would substitute for FLV, they are pretty similar. I think I might up the Raspberry a little bit in the next run it's not coming through a ton, but it is there in the background.

1652986488923.png
EDIT: I did also end up adding 1% of WS-23 to this as well. Definitely recommend it if you like a cold summer vape. Also, if anyone has any good pod recipes send them!! I'm looking for new fruit stuff to try in the pod for the summer.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might do another new one tomorrow... French toast s'mores (had a pre-made like this before)
Caramel apple is another one of those childhood memory recipes (will use FA Fuji because I don't like green apple) My other memory recipes were 50/50 bar (popsicle one before creamsicle was a thing) and strawberry quik. Good memories from 1970 when I was 10 years old.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Results of my new mixes:
Caramel apple: kind of boring... I was wrong, green apple would be better (I don't have any... just tried a pre-made once and it was like jolly rancher so didn't like it)

New version of apple pie: not bad but my previous version was better. First, I don't like the cinnamon in SSA apple strudel (reminds me of the cinn in CAP cinnamon swirl danish) I just like my FA cinnamon ceylon better for bakeries. I used PUR country apple (that works fine) but maybe a little liquid amber would help (used that in my last version) Also used OOO pie crust (it's kind of bland and added WF croissant before... will add that and the liquid amber to this batch) At this point, I won't be using SSA apple strudel again (too bad... it's fine except that cinn) Might start over and build an apple pie from scratch using PUR country apple and the other flavors I mentioned.

Any suggestions for something to add to the caramel apple? Maybe a little lemon to brighten it up? Or something to totally create a new profile? Another fruit perhaps. Maybe peanut butter.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaped some more of the caramel apple... it's a fail. Sucked it out of my tank, vaped some unflavored to "flush" the coil, filled it with kiwi peach watermelon (that I already know I like) Forget about my question about adding to it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have had trouble making a good caramel apple. I stopped trying a while ago

That's what happened with me and peanut butter & jelly. Tried three or four different times, and nothing but blech. Finally I just decided that I don't like peanut butter vapes much, unless it's just a basic, sweet, peanut butter cookie.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's what happened with me and peanut butter & jelly. Tried three or four different times, and nothing but blech. Finally I just decided that I don't like peanut butter vapes much, unless it's just a basic, sweet, peanut butter cookie.
Yah some stuff just doesn’t translate well to vape for me. When I eat peanut butter and jelly there is a clear separation in the layers of flavor. I get bread, peanut butter, jelly. It’s really hard to separate that in a vape and the same thing happens with a caramel apple for me at least.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally I just decided that I don't like peanut butter vapes much, unless it's just a basic, sweet, peanut butter cookie.
I have a good recipe that I created: peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafers. Let me know if you are interested. When I was young, my mother made banana pudding with vanilla wafers. Then I tried a pre-made juice (peanut butter banana) I decided to combine these. It's really good!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Update on my new mixes:
Lemon licorice buttermint w/marshmallow: mixed the same as before but with more marshmallow (FW)
Mistake... the marshmallow kind of "muted" the other flavors. I suspect it has lots of EM (ethyl maltol)
French toast s'mores is good just need to adjust the ratio (too much s'mores)
RF strawberry milkshake is a minor win (I am strawberry blind but could taste this) need to mix it stronger but have high hopes. Mostly "realistic" strawberry with a bit of candy SB. I can taste PUR strawberry swirl (mostly candy) but actually got some realistic SB from this so there is hope. I love SB in real life.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Update on my new mixes:
Lemon licorice buttermint w/marshmallow: mixed the same as before but with more marshmallow (FW)
Mistake... the marshmallow kind of "muted" the other flavors. I suspect it has lots of EM (ethyl maltol)
French toast s'mores is good just need to adjust the ratio (too much s'mores)
RF strawberry milkshake is a minor win (I am strawberry blind but could taste this) need to mix it stronger but have high hopes. Mostly "realistic" strawberry with a bit of candy SB. I can taste PUR strawberry swirl (mostly candy) but actually got some realistic SB from this so there is hope. I love SB in real life.

You might want to try FA Marshmallow. It's light years better than FW, and requires less in a mix. If you're using as sweetener, about 1%, plus or minus 0.5% depending on your own preference, will most likely get the job done. I tend to like juice on the sweet side, and would have to use twice as much of the FW to get it sweet enough, and then, as you say, the mix still wouldn't be as vibrant as with FA.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You might want to try FA Marshmallow. It's light years better than FW, and requires less in a mix. If you're using as sweetener, about 1%, plus or minus 0.5% depending on your own preference, will most likely get the job done. I tend to like juice on the sweet side, and would have to use twice as much of the FW to get it sweet enough, and then, as you say, the mix still wouldn't be as vibrant as with FA.
Yessssss…..all this. My go to marshmallow. Or maybe OoO Vanilla Marshmallow. Another favorite. WF Gooey Marshmallow if you’re looking for a more squishy experience.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yessssss…..all this. My go to marshmallow. Or maybe OoO Vanilla Marshmallow. Another favorite. WF Gooey Marshmallow if you’re looking for a more squishy experience.

I've had decent experience with WF Marshmallow - Candy, but as you say, it's not as versatile as FA Marshmallow. I found it on clearance somewhere, bought I think 60ml of it, so probably enough to last me the rest of my life! lol

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You might want to try FA Marshmallow
Yes... I am already aware of this (I bought the wrong one) This is what happens when you are shopping for flavors and don't check your notes (did the same thing with lemons... tried to go from memory) Got JF ( read a review that said it's similar to FA lemon... thought that was the best one... woops, it was FE I was thinking of) Also got CAP italian lemon sicily (confused that with FA lemon sicily) Both of mine fade quickly (I have to mix the other flavors, steep, then add my lemons) BTW, can you still get FE lemon? BCF had SC but recently dropped that line.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
UNDERGROUND10 for 10% off at Flavor Jungle. Not sure if it's still active, but worth a try.

How timely. I put some stuff in a cart there yesterday afternoon. Thanks Goph!!!

ETA: Went back and placed this order. Got a Flavor Jungle Omega Chocolate one-shot, and the rest is FE: Lemon, Candy Sugar, French Toast, Vanilla Tahity, and Yellow Cake. Nothing terribly adventurous there, but all new to me except the Lemon. They'll serve as sort of "fill-in" flavors until I can get to my mixing cabinet one of these days when hubbs will get that big-ass chair out of the way.

Hope it's all good, since it's 30ml of each one. 30ml of a flavor will last me a REALLY long time!

Ordered some squeeze bottles from Amazon, too. A couple of 16 oz condiment bottles to hold pre-mixed base with nic, and a half-dozen 4 oz wide-mouth squeeze bottles for mixing. This 30ml at a time junk is for the birds. (This is in keeping with my promise to myself that I was going to mostly stick with mixes I've made before, so that I don't waste my supplies. If It's something I know I like, why not mix a bigger batch?)

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How timely. I put some stuff in a cart there yesterday afternoon. Thanks Goph!!!

ETA: Went back and placed this order. Got a Flavor Jungle Omega Chocolate one-shot, and the rest is FE: Lemon, Candy Sugar, French Toast, Vanilla Tahity, and Yellow Cake. Nothing terribly adventurous there, but all new to me except the Lemon. They'll serve as sort of "fill-in" flavors until I can get to my mixing cabinet one of these days when hubbs will get that big-ass chair out of the way.

Hope it's all good, since it's 30ml of each one. 30ml of a flavor will last me a REALLY long time!

Ordered some squeeze bottles from Amazon, too. A couple of 16 oz condiment bottles to hold pre-mixed base with nic, and a half-dozen 4 oz wide-mouth squeeze bottles for mixing. This 30ml at a time junk is for the birds. (This is in keeping with my promise to myself that I was going to mostly stick with mixes I've made before, so that I don't waste my supplies. If It's something I know I like, why not mix a bigger batch?)
FE has French Toast?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Simple new recipe I just mixed with flavors I can actually get my hands on:

Maple Cake

Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA) 1.00
Maple Deluxe (TPA) 3.5%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Sugar Cookie (FW) 1%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.75%
Vanilla Tahity (FA) 1%
Yellow Cake (FJ) 3%

Total flavors: 11.25%

(FJ) is Flavor Jungle, apparently they are selling some flavors labeled as their own. Initially I thought it was an FE flavor. Probably the same thing anyway.

I sampled this on the back of my hand and it was outstanding. Gonna vape a bit of it in a minute, just off the shake.

VU Sponsors