VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Vape Fan , I see you are really getting into this bakery apple recipe. FLV apple filling is strong (and has lots of cinnamon... I hope you like cinn) I would use it (at 1%) and go ahead and use the other apple too (a little liquid amber might help but beware it's also strong and too much can ruin a recipe... 1/2 % might be all you need because the apple filling doesn't need any) Instead of using caramel and butterscotch (and creamy flavors) consider some FA custard premium (it has butterscotch note already and super yummy) A little caramel too. You need pie crust (I use OOO but TFA might be fine) also... forget graham or cookie... try WF croissant with you crust (I have found this works great and it adds some buttery notes too) Forget the whole idea of "total % flavors"... it's meaningless because all flavors/brands are different. This will need a steep! Good luck on this.
P.S. I wish I had got FLV apple filling (sure I would love it) I have PUR country apple and FA Fuji (and FA liquid amber, FA cinnamon ceylon) so going to build me a pie from "scratch" (with OOO pie crust and WF croissant) plus FA custard... maybe a touch of caramel too. I didn't like SSA apple strudel (would be great but too much cinn and the kind I don't like)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't mixed this yet, just dreaming about it right now - sure would love to have a real-life one of these:

Gold Rush Donut

Butterscotch Ripple (FW) 1.5%
French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA) 1.5%
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 3%
Holiday Spice (TPA) 0.5%
Maple Deluxe (TPA) 1.5%
Marshmallow (FA) 1%
Salted Caramel (FW) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 1%
Zeppola (FA) 1%

Total flavors: 12%

Suggestions? Observations?
I can't really do Cap Glazed Doughnut, so I would flip-flop the percentages on Zeppola and the Doughnut, but that looks pretty good to me. I really like the CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream and with marshmallow and FVD it will probably thicken up and make a nice cream filling.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Vape Fan , I see you are really getting into this bakery apple recipe. FLV apple filling is strong (and has lots of cinnamon... I hope you like cinn) I would use it (at 1%) and go ahead and use the other apple too (a little liquid amber might help but beware it's also strong and too much can ruin a recipe... 1/2 % might be all you need because the apple filling doesn't need any) Instead of using caramel and butterscotch (and creamy flavors) consider some FA custard premium (it has butterscotch note already and super yummy) A little caramel too. You need pie crust (I use OOO but TFA might be fine) also... forget graham or cookie... try WF croissant with you crust (I have found this works great and it adds some buttery notes too) Forget the whole idea of "total % flavors"... it's meaningless because all flavors/brands are different. This will need a steep! Good luck on this.
P.S. I wish I had got FLV apple filling (sure I would love it) I have PUR country apple and FA Fuji (and FA liquid amber, FA cinnamon ceylon) so going to build me a pie from "scratch" (with OOO pie crust and WF croissant) plus FA custard... maybe a touch of caramel too. I didn't like SSA apple strudel (would be great but too much cinn and the kind I don't like)
1657140771653.png

this is my apple pie recipe. you could make some swaps, but I really like this one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't even had breakfast yet... I'm drooling LOL Off to have some whole wheat toast with butter and peach mango jam (and a leftover Yam with butter and real maple syrup)

I've been sitting here for about 20 minutes now trying to think of how I can turn that Donut recipe into a real-life pound cake. Doesn't do for me to work on recipes when I already have the munchies! :teehee:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 194740

this is my apple pie recipe. you could make some swaps, but I really like this one.

I've only used the flavor a few times, but there's one more that might contribute something to this, should someone already happen to have it in stash - that's FW Dutch Apple Pie. It's an apple pie flavor with some of the crumble topping already in it. Not very heavy on apple flavor, but might mix well with a two-apples or a Fuji.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
maple cinnamon pound cake with some caramel sauce?

Or butterscotch streusel pound cake with maple glaze? Actually it would be easy to make a coffee cake using that combination of flavors, too. Cake base made with butterscotch pudding, brown sugar-cinnamon-butter streusel topping, maple syrup and powdered sugar glaze. Now it's asking for coconut, too. Jeez.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've been playing around with flavors and amounts with that calculator for the working apple link since I first posted it w/ that screenshot. I always do that, go back and forth - add/remove/change before I settle on something. I'll drop the filling back down, just don't know how much of its apple will be masked by other flavors but I can always add, kinda hard to remove :) Me and cin: haven't vaped it in a while. 1 small bottle of was enough yrs ago. It's ok, but rather it be an enhancer rather than get cin every puff or a build up when vaping a lot....another reason to lower filling I guess.
I don't have amber, croissant, or Custard premium, going to use what flav's I have in stash.
Have Bread(butter toast), Bread(sweet), Custard FA

Think I'll simplify, including dropping anything towards a topping for now.

Thanks for the pointers.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haven't mixed this yet, just dreaming about it right now - sure would love to have a real-life one of these:

Gold Rush Donut

Butterscotch Ripple (FW) 1.5%
French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA) 1.5%
Glazed Doughnut (CAP) 3%
Holiday Spice (TPA) 0.5%
Maple Deluxe (TPA) 1.5%
Marshmallow (FA) 1%
Salted Caramel (FW) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 1%
Zeppola (FA) 1%

Total flavors: 12%

Suggestions? Observations?
Well, I’m late to the party, again……lol. I’m not getting notifications lately.

I’m not a fan of Caps Glazed Donut, so I’d swap out for WF(glazed donut or sweet bread),probably, but this looks lovely! Some ooey gooey maple caramelly goodness going on here! I haven’t been super inspired to create lately, but this might jump start things a little. Yum!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Or butterscotch streusel pound cake with maple glaze? Actually it would be easy to make a coffee cake using that combination of flavors, too. Cake base made with butterscotch pudding, brown sugar-cinnamon-butter streusel topping, maple syrup and powdered sugar glaze. Now it's asking for coconut, too. Jeez.
Goddamm, woman! THIS is right up my street.

JF(or FW) Yellow Cake
FLV Caramel(for the brown sugar)
WF Crumble Topping
Caps Cinnamon Sugar
OoO Powdered Sugar
CNV(or FLV) Vanilla Pudding
maybe some VT Pudding Base?
VT Desiccated Coconut
FW Butterscotch(I have MF which is soooooo tasty, but no one has it. Lol.)
FA Maple or whatever you have.

Now to work out the percentages……..

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a question for everyone. I got this juice when I bought some new pods Frozen Fruit Monster -passionfruit, guava, orange. It is waaaay colder than any juice I have ever had and it's pretty awesome. I can't seem to get the same results with WS-23. Anyone have any recommendations as to what might achieve that same level of ice? I tried bumping up the ws-23 to like 1.5% but maybe I just need to go higher?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've got a question for everyone. I got this juice when I bought some new pods Frozen Fruit Monster -passionfruit, guava, orange. It is waaaay colder than any juice I have ever had and it's pretty awesome. I can't seem to get the same results with WS-23. Anyone have any recommendations as to what might achieve that same level of ice? I tried bumping up the ws-23 to like 1.5% but maybe I just need to go higher?
Hmmmm….I think there’s a colder version of ws-23? I want to say it’s ws-5, but I could be wrong.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean it’s ice cold lol. Like swallowing and ice cube hahah. It’s amazing in the summer though. I hadn’t bought a juice in ages so I said why not. I don’t want to buy it again though hahah

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have never tried any cooling agent (not even menthol) but an getting interested in that. I basically just love my PUR buttermint so much I didn't try anything else (but that's mint... not cooling) I was very confused because some love Koolada, some love WS-23 but most like one or the other (and despise the other) and then of course, there is menthol (I haven't tried that either) Will be following this...
BTW, I love Naked POG (passion fruit, orange, gauava) and have the actual clone recipe. I even bought those juices in real life to try (yes... loved it) It was too sweet (and too strong flavor) so I just diluted it with unflavored and added some cream flavor to smooth it out (that worked out really good)
Check out this DIYorDie Noted video:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I've looked around ATF some for the past few minutes, since I read your post, and what I'm seeing is that a lot of people use coolants in addition to menthols and/or mints. Take a look at this recipe:

The author of that one says it is COLD COLD. After seeing it, I think if I wanted to get COLD COLD with a fruit mix, I'd start with maybe 75% of that person's level and mixture of cold flavors and just add the fruit flavors on top.

I'm in the same boat as you - haven't ever been able to get a mix as cold as I'd like it to be, like in the neighborhood of VapeWild's Cowboy Cooler. Also even if a liquid is fairly cold to start with, the coolants fade considerably over time. I think most mints fade quite a bit, too.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess there is this thing with cooling agents.... cool on the inhale, or cool on the exhale?
I'm not a big fan but that's what I've read. Supposedly if you combine WS-23 and FA Polar Ice (I think?), it makes for a good all-around cooling effect. I read that on Reddit a couple years ago but have never tried it. I used to love Grack Juice but had to lower the Koolada or WS-23. I think everyone has their own preference. It's something you get a tollerance for. People keep upping the percentage or take a break to get tollerance back down. That's what I've read anyways.

I accidentally vaped strait menthol flavoring before (don't ask 😆). It scared the shit out of me and was really cold on the throat.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I accidentally vaped strait menthol flavoring before (don't ask 😆). It scared the shit out of me and was really cold on the throat.
So how did that go (not being a smart ass...just curious) I've never tried menthol. I want to try "ice" but not sure what to try. I want to try one but there is so much debate over Koolada and WS-23 so I am confused. Right now, I just love my butter mint but want to experiment with other things.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I miss them... anyway, here's a clone recipe:
View attachment 195021

Thank you! I have a recipe that I adapted from one on ELR that's VERY similar to that. I don't have Acai, so I used Blackberry instead, plus I used Cap Super Sweet and TFA Sweet & Tart instead of Cotton Candy. Most of the rest of it is very close.

I did cut the Koolada back to 1.25%, which probably explains why it's not cold enough, but actually I think fading has something to do with it, too. The Creme de Menthe I used is Flv, so I cut that back to 1.5%, which in my experience is roughly equivalent to 4% TFA, but it has faded, too.

Next time I mix mine, I'm going to use WS-23 instead of Koolada, and I will increase the CdM to 2.25%. I think the rest of the recipe is good.

Here's my version:

Blackberry (Natural) (FW) 2.65%
Blueberry (FW) 2.25%
Cocoa (Cacao) (FA) 0.6%
Creme de Menthe (Flavorah) 1.5%
Koolada 10% (TPA) 1.25%
Orange Mandarin (TPA) 2%
Pomegranate Deluxe (TPA) 2%
Strawberry Sweet (Jungle Flavors) 2.65%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.75%
Sweet and Tart (TPA) 1.35%

ETA: I just had another thought - this actually might work better with Wintergreen in place of CdM. Might try that. Wintergreen is definitely cold! FW Wintergreen will nearly knock the top of your head off - 2.5 to 3% of that might do the trick. (It's MUCH stronger than TFA Wintergreen, which is what I normally use in my pink bubblegum recipe.)

And yes, I miss them, too. VW is where I placed my first DIY supplies order.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So how did that go (not being a smart ass...just curious) I've never tried menthol. I want to try "ice" but not sure what to try. I want to try one but there is so much debate over Koolada and WS-23 so I am confused. Right now, I just love my butter mint but want to experiment with other things.
As soon as I inhaled I know something was wrong. Its liked you'd expect, it felt like I froze my throat. I don't leave any kind of diy liquids laying out since then. I thought I was grabbing a bottle of mixed liquid but it was strait concentrated menthol. I was never a big fan but haven't used menthol since then.

I'd describe Koolada as cool, and WS-23 as really cold. I don't get any off flavors from Koolada but people say they notice it. I like it because it seems a little milder or less aggressive than WS-23. That shits really icy. I haven't mixed a lot the last couple of years but plan on revisiting both of them.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
As soon as I inhaled I know something was wrong. Its liked you'd expect, it felt like I froze my throat. I don't leave any kind of diy liquids laying out since then. I thought I was grabbing a bottle of mixed liquid but it was strait concentrated menthol. I was never a big fan but haven't used menthol since then.

I'd describe Koolada as cool, and WS-23 as really cold. I don't get any off flavors from Koolada but people say they notice it. I like it because it seems a little milder or less aggressive than WS-23. That shits really icy. I haven't mixed a lot the last couple of years but plan on revisiting both of them.

Hey @Just Frank, I've been meaning to ask you about Heisenberg. Aren't you the one who is so fond of blue slushie vapes? I almost ordered some Heisenberg the other day until I saw it was almost all Blue Raspberry flavors - but that brought you to mind. Your favorite liquid became unavailable, didn't it? I just wondered if you'd tried the Heisenberg. Vapeology.eu has it on sale for $9.99 - jeez, I think that's where I saw it - that's about the only stateside vape place I've been lately. Ordered another Aspire Mixx from them the other day when I saw that they had 'em for $24.99. I love that little Mixx mod.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey @Just Frank, I've been meaning to ask you about Heisenberg. Aren't you the one who is so fond of blue slushie vapes? I almost ordered some Heisenberg the other day until I saw it was almost all Blue Raspberry flavors - but that brought you to mind. Your favorite liquid became unavailable, didn't it? I just wondered if you'd tried the Heisenberg. Vapeology.eu has it on sale for $9.99 - jeez, I think that's where I saw it - that's about the only stateside vape place I've been lately. Ordered another Aspire Mixx from them the other day when I saw that they had 'em for $24.99. I love that little Mixx mod.
Yeah but it was a different brand. After six years, I think I'm finally over it though. It was made by propaganda. I'm giving it a break to see if that helps. I'm hooked on jam monster blackberry. I made a "Leaked" recipe for it a while back. Sadly, it wasn't even close.

I never tried Heisenberg. I thought about it, but usually always avoid colored liquids. I think they might've stopped making it blue now, but it was blue when I considered it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah but it was a different brand. After six years, I think I'm finally over it though. It was made by propaganda. I'm giving it a break to see if that helps. I'm hooked on jam monster blackberry. I made a "Leaked" recipe for it a while back. Sadly, it wasn't even close.

I never tried Heisenberg. I thought about it, but usually always avoid colored liquids. I think they might've stopped making it blue now, but it was blue when I considered it.
Don't blame you there. I wouldn't be comfortable vaping food coloring either. I had no idea that Heisenberg was blue. I'm glad I didn't order it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
If anyone is looking for a spot on toothpaste recipe hit me up. My newest fail :facepalm:

Don't feel bad. :hug: Toothpaste vape liquid has to be about like cough drop vape liquid - there are times when it could fill a niche, like next time you have a cold or the flu.

What were you going for, if toothpaste wasn't it? Post your recipe if you'd like suggestions. We love to make suggestions here, and they're free! :teehee:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't feel bad. :hug: Toothpaste vape liquid has to be about like cough drop vape liquid - there are times when it could fill a niche, like next time you have a cold or the flu.

What were you going for, if toothpaste wasn't it? Post your recipe if you'd like suggestions. We love to make suggestions here, and they're free! :teehee:
Lol. Idk what I was going for, just sounded good together to me I guess.
LB white chocolate peppermint
LB menthol
FW extreme ice
INW rhubarb

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Lol. Idk what I was going for, just sounded good together to me I guess.
LB white chocolate peppermint
LB menthol
FW extreme ice
INW rhubarb

First thing that occurs to me is that you probably need more chocolate, and possibly something like black cherry or orange, and a vanilla custard. I'll let it simmer in da brain for a while.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been trying to create the perfect apple pie... still working on that. This time I used PUR country apple. It's nice but maybe too nice. In a real pie, even though most of the apple is cooked, each slice has a little "fresh" apple flavor in the center. Going to add some FA fuji for that (if I overdo it, I can always resort to liquid amber)
Also, one day I (accidentally) topped off my tobacco mix (RY4) tank with apple pie... it wasn't bad at all. Thinking the country apple should fit nicely with my tobacco mix
I have been very happy with my pie crust combo (OOO pie crust and WF croissant) and of course, a few drops of FA cinnamon ceylon. I was so sad that SSA apple strudel was good but the cinnamon doesn't agree with me (and it's strong)
I'm taking a break from coffee recipes (love them... especially with hazelnut) but burn out and need a break.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@wildgypsy70 , can you post your apple/custard filled donut recipe?
I can! One issue, though. Holy Vanilla is a discontinued flavor. I still have some and believe it or not, I haven’t found a replacement yet. I’m sure some other complex vanilla(Tahity? Possibly?) would do the trick. Folkart has one at Flavor Jungle that he made to replace Holy Vanilla, but I haven’t tried it yet(and I can’t remember what it’s called).

5371A4BA-C1E4-4D21-82C3-6AD7A4FD601B.png

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed up some more unflavored base yesterday... and a quick batch of lemon, licorice, butter mint w/marshmallow. Trying to come up with something new to mix today.
@VapeOn1960
I remember you raving [on the other side] about the buttermint.
But I can't recall who made it. Save me some digging. Who sells it?
I'm up for something new.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thanks.
I'll put it in the cart for my next order. Just feel like I'm in a flavor rut.

Just realized you're not VapeOn.
Since you responded, I assume you love the buttermint too?
I like it. It is spot on one of those mints that are in candy dishes that melt in your mouth. Can’t say I love it. I’m more of a bakery/caramel/butterscotch kind of gal.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
PUR butter mint is great (and yes, BCF now carries PUR flavors) Hey @newyork13 , I just tried PUR country apple in my tobacco mix... it's great. And, of course, I love PUR sweet tobacco (a nutty mild pipe tobacco) Another one worth trying is PUR strawberry swirl (it's more of a candy but is great to make recipes like strawberry Quick (add milk flavor) and also "crunchberry" cereal (add cereal and milk) Haven't tried them but they seem to have some decent fruit flavors too. Cookie is good, and NY cheesecake isn't bad.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Ordered another Aspire Mixx from them the other day when I saw that they had 'em for $24.99. I love that little Mixx mod.
Thanks! That's a sweet deal for a Mixx. Although I have 4 already, I ordered another one. They are fine SBS mods. Very solidly built. Excellent SunBox design. ASP chipset is no slouch. There are a few Aspire YouTube videos showing how they are built, if you're into that kind of thang. ;-)

VU Sponsors