Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK... whatever (I seem to be the only one posting on this thread... too bad, that's why I keep posting... hoping it will draw in others) Anyway (am I just talking to myself?) FJ Holy RY4 is actually too "yummy" (for my tobacco mix) Mostly just too sweet. Might go back to my regular caramel and vanilla for that. I do feel it will be very useful for dessert, bakery and coffee recipes.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just received my first FJ Holy RY4. I'll post when I give it a mix.
Hey yo... I was just thinking of you (previous comments about liking a dessert tobacco) Was thinking you might really like it. They say (because it's a "one-shot") to use up to 10%... seems a bit high to me. Try 6-8%. It is an amazing flavor but like I said, just too sweet for my tobacco mix (I think I used 8%) No worries... should be really good in other recipes (where I want more sweetness)

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll mix it when I get a bottle free and let you know.
thanks for the suggestion about a lesser %. Makes sense.

And, BTW, I did mix up some of your tobacco mix [Soho and Pur sweet tobacco and others, which was your best guess]. Haven't tried it yet, and will report back when I do.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@newyork13 , do you add sweetener when mixing DIY recipes? If so, you will love the Holy RY4. I don't add sweetener (although I recently got some for the few times I need a bit more sweet) It's kind of like salt IRL.... you get used to less (then you get some fast food fries and gag because they use so much) Please understand the RY4 does not have much tobacco on it own... it's just something to add to tobacco flavors (or like I mentioned dessert, bakery or coffee recipes)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Shot story... I still smoked cigs and someone I worked with vaped (I didn't know much about vaping... but was interested) He was around the corner of the building (it was a mountain hotel) I saw this big cloud of "smoke" (by the kitchen so I thought there was an issue) turns out the other employee was vaping an RDA. I immediately noticed it smelled so good (berries?) as soon as I realized it was this guy vaping, I asked "that smells so good... what is that? He said "black and blue" (don't know what brand) It was blackberry and blueberry. The only reason I mentioned this on this thread is because I"m finally going to make an order from VSO (getting blueberry and blackberry) Oh by the way, one day on lunch break he was re-wicking his RDA (I also found this interesting) This might have been the single moment that got me interested in vaping.
OK, I lied... long story.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@newyork13 , do you add sweetener when mixing DIY recipes? If so, you will love the Holy RY4. I don't add sweetener (although I recently got some for the few times I need a bit more sweet) It's kind of like salt IRL.... you get used to less (then you get some fast food fries and gag because they use so much) Please understand the RY4 does not have much tobacco on it own... it's just something to add to tobacco flavors (or like I mentioned dessert, bakery or coffee recipes)
The only sweetener I use is stevia, or marshmallow. I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners, partly because I just don't trust the chemicals, and partly because I do think they mess up the coils sooner.

That said, I much prefer a sweet vs sour or tart eliquid.
I smelled the Holy, and it sure smelled nice. I'l mix up some when I've got some time and space.
And, if it's too sweet on its own, I've got tobaccos to add it to.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So after the BCF contest, I bought a bunch of flavors……like I needed that.🤣

Been mixing a bit. Mostly older stuff(Crack Pie, HC&C, Nanaimo Custard, fruity cool things). I haven’t had a lot of luck with my own newer stuff lately. Great ideas, but no true successes…..partially due to my lack of time put in. The contest kind of lit a fire in my vaping brain. I’m hoping to get back to doing some original stuff.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VSO order done (also ordered a couple batteries from 18650 battery store)
I have some cheesecake steeping (I will add VSO blueberry to that) My new apple pie is good (but needs just a bit more WF crumble topping) The last flavor on my "wish list" is MF black cherry (next month) Any other MF flavors I should consider? They are so expensive! (I know... also very strong)
Oh dang... just realized I might need more VG. It's been nice having some extra money but it goes so fast (and of course Christmas presents... mostly for my grandkids)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So after the BCF contest, I bought a bunch of flavors……like I needed that.🤣

Been mixing a bit. Mostly older stuff(Crack Pie, HC&C, Nanaimo Custard, fruity cool things). I haven’t had a lot of luck with my own newer stuff lately. Great ideas, but no true successes…..partially due to my lack of time put in. The contest kind of lit a fire in my vaping brain. I’m hoping to get back to doing some original stuff.

I really miss the times when many of us were mixing and developing a lot, and there was plenty of activity here. I just had to put the brakes on or I'd have had juice coming out my ears. Even as it is, I still have a bunch sitting around, and I just don't go through it that quickly. It hurts my cheap-skate-ed-ness to have to pour juice down the drain.

I think a lot of the oomph went out of many of us, too, when our sources started to shut down. That puts a whole different spin on experimentation. I know I'm much more inclined to mix recipes that I know are good, because I don't want the supplies I have to go to waste.

This whole situation with the demonization of vaping is absurd and tragic, and has become more widespread and consequential than we ever expected.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really miss the times when many of us were mixing and developing a lot, and there was plenty of activity here. I just had to put the brakes on or I'd have had juice coming out my ears. Even as it is, I still have a bunch sitting around, and I just don't go through it that quickly. It hurts my cheap-skate-ed-ness to have to pour juice down the drain.

I think a lot of the oomph went out of many of us, too, when our sources started to shut down. That puts a whole different spin on experimentation. I know I'm much more inclined to mix recipes that I know are good, because I don't want the supplies I have to go to waste.

This whole situation with the demonization of vaping is absurd and tragic, and has become more widespread and consequential than we ever expected.
I do, too. A lot of it, for me, is time and energy.

And what you said is totally true. The shut down of easy nicotine procurement makes experimentation more risky. Chef’s shutting down, One on One not selling to vapers, Vape Train getting harder to get…..the list goes on. At least BCF is solid! Thank the goddess! But still, the vilification of vapers and all the state laws restricting flavors definitely doesn’t help.

And, of course, Covid and the past couple of years…..rough on so many people.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VSO order is stalled (has not even shipped out yet) It's OK... holiday lag? Good things are worth waiting for.
BTW, I can't find OOO (except from the source) don't recall where I first got it (maybe river supply?)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
VSO order is stalled (has not even shipped out yet) It's OK... holiday lag? Good things are worth waiting for.
BTW, I can't find OOO (except from the source) don't recall where I first got it (maybe river supply?)
I wanna say DIY Vapor Supply? I’m fairly sure they carry OoO. And I know you can get it on Amazon, but it’s pricy.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanna say DIY Vapor Supply? I’m fairly sure they carry OoO. And I know you can get it on Amazon, but it’s pricy.
Thank you... I will check them out (they have some other good flavors) I did find it on Amazon and yes, it's pricy (but I only use it for a couple pie recipes so it will last a long time)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is going on with VSO? Still have not even shipped my order out (since Dec 21) I know it's holiday season but I called and they seem to be closed.
My battery order is delayed... note to self: don't order stuff around Christmas.
Funny thing is I ordered from BCF yesterday and it's already shipped out (they are the best)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been getting lazy with my mixing. I had a bunch already made in my closet and decided that I was gonna get rid of those by vaping rather than down the sink.

Anyway, I've mixed up close to 750 ml in the past two weeks. All of my OTR (On The Road) juices and a bunch of favorites.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed an old fav of mine (lemon meringue cookie) using FE lemon. I may have used too much lemon (didn't look it up before mixing) Most recipes on ATF show 2%... I used closer to 4%
Looking at ATF again, seems most people are using VSO blueberry from 3-5% (similar with the VSO blackberry) I'm going to do three SFTs (all VSO) blueberry, blackberry and english toffee. I like to push my SFTs (single flavor test) high so going for 5%

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed an old fav of mine (lemon meringue cookie) using FE lemon. I may have used too much lemon (didn't look it up before mixing) Most recipes on ATF show 2%... I used closer to 4%
Looking at ATF again, seems most people are using VSO blueberry from 3-5% (similar with the VSO blackberry) I'm going to do three SFTs (all VSO) blueberry, blackberry and english toffee. I like to push my SFTs (single flavor test) high so going for 5%
I’ve never mixed VSO which is why I didn’t answer your question. Hope you find success with 5%.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Three words I love to read "out for delivery" (VSO and BCF today!)
Yes, I over mixed FE lemon... 3% would have been more than enough (had to add more WF flapper pie and PUR cookie and dilute with some unflavored base)
I need to get my single coil RDA ready for flavor tests.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SFTs mixed (small 10 ml batches) Not going to bother using the RDA... jut rinsed my tank (Zlide with 0.8 coil) Putting in a new coil and going for it. First a couple ml of blueberry, then suck that out with a blunt needle syringe (and save) then blackberry (then suck that out and mix both together) I know... I have crazy ways of doing this LOL) English toffee can wait... Then I will be mixing blueberry with my well steeped cheesecake (and then the same for blackberry)
Did I mentioned all the VSO flavors smell so good?
I also got VSO cheesecake but that will also have to wait (needs a long steep)
P.S. even though I went with the cheapest shipping (USPS), they upgraded that to "priority mail"... thanks.
Nothing to comment on my BCF order (they were all just re-stock flavors) and fast as usual.
I decided to not use the RDA because these are all 12 mg/ml. I did that once with 4 flavor tests and it kinda blew my head off. Adjustment to the lemon cookie was a success.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
VSO blueberry and blackberry are great. Mixed together, even better. They really don't seem too strong at 5% (but my taste is off... just got over a cold) Going to test english toffee on the RDA.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I recently used up the last of my "old nic" to make one last 100 ml of unflavored base (at 12 mg/ml) The nic had just started to turn yellow and smell. Everything I have mixed with it tastes bitter. Down the drain it goes! I have new (and better) nic now so don't care. Going to mix up some of my new VSO cheesecake (my current batch was also using the old nic... down the drain it goes) I am not going to add graham and mascarpone... just try the cheesecake as is.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No promises... but might have a few flavors I am willing to give someone. They aren't bad... I just have better ones now (others have helped me out in the past) PM me if you know someone starting out that could use some help (or if you just want to try them) I might even sport for the shipping. I need a few days to sort out my collection.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was wrong... my old nic (and base) are fine... not perfect but usable. I emptied the tank with cheesecake, put in some of my unflavored base, and it seems the cheesecake mix is the issue (I have done this before... too much graham and mascarpone) Cheesecake going down the drain, base I will use. Since I'm trying VSO cheesecake next, I will not be adding anything extra. My mind thinks "cheesecake needs to have a thick crust and extra cheesiness" Why??? My first pre-made juice along that profile was a blueberry cheesecake (it was really just creamy blueberry and I liked it) Sometimes I just try too hard. Note to self: keep it simple.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting that you said that about your old nic and your cheesecake.
I've read many posts on ECF lauding cheesecakes and various fruits.
And whenever I've looked forward to them and mixed them I've said to myself "how can anyone really like this".
Tastes do vary, but I also think there is a chemical thing going on in our taste buds vs other folks buds.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I already "flushed" my tank with unflavored base, drained that and tried VSO english toffee. It's nice (and buttery) but lacking... needs more of that dark toffee flavor.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've read many posts on ECF lauding cheesecakes and various fruits.
And whenever I've looked forward to them and mixed them I've said to myself "how can anyone really like this".
Cheesecake needs a long steep. I've always added TFA graham cracker but this is not the first time using too much has backfired. I was also warned about how strong mascarpose cheese is.
I've been using PUR NY cheesecake... it's not bad at all but many people get a coconut note (I do too but it doesn't bother me) Curious how VSO compares. INW yes we cheesecake seems to be the most popular (super rich) They all need 3-4 week steep.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm wondering if my PG is part of the problem. Got some VG from Amazon and it's great! Also ordered PG of the same brand but then found out they were out of stock so replaced it with another brand (cheaper) I recently was mixing base and tasted a drop... it had an off taste. It's hard to judge new flavors when your base is off. I have new nic and will order more PG so hope this resolves my issues.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did a little mixing today. Lots of desserts/bakeries and a strawberry milkshake type thing. None of them are mine. Lol. Still not terribly inspired lately to formulate my own. Kind of depressing. But at least there’s a lot of fantastic mixers out there!

If you’re into some good bakeries, Lynda Marie, spydrjm, Chasing84, Takemetothesea(all on ATF) are all awesome.

Oh, and if y’all need some new and good flavors, Flavor Jungle Ultimates are truly the bomb! I have Strawberry, Cake Batter, Brown Sugar, Watermelon and Vanilla Custard. So damn tasty.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixed my peach pie (this one I have down... mixed several times)
Also a quick batch of "50/50 bar" (like the old popsicle before the "creamsicle" came out) It's for my new carry around pod (vaporesso PM 40) It's one of my "childhood memories" recipes (like strawberry Quik)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey everyone! Merry Christmas, happy new year, all of that good stuff. I hope everyone is doing well! The time has come for me to call it quits. I'm going to give all of my flavor stash away to anyone on here that needs some of it. You have all been so great and helpful over the years, especially @wildgypsy70 and @nadalama and probably some more of you that I can't remember at the moment. I'll get a link to my stash up here in the next couple of days. I'd rather see some stuff go to a few different places that could really use it, but whatever works.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

actually, here is the link now. I haven't decided exactly how to do it yet, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

edit: some of these are probably low, I don't really have an exact inventory, but I might have some flavors that aren't in there as well.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

actually, here is the link now. I haven't decided exactly how to do it yet, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them.

edit: some of these are probably low, I don't really have an exact inventory, but I might have some flavors that aren't in there as well.
Wow, and wow, that's alot of flavors. Really nice of you to want to PIF. I'm interested but can't honestly say I need a PIF, would want to buy if you don't find anyone. There's a long list of members that are no longer around, hate to add to that....good luck you, hate to see ya go.

VU Sponsors