Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So did a thing with the Inwawera Lemon Cake @3% I added 4% FA Lemon Sicily & .5% FA Lime Cold Pressed & I’m really enjoying it, more lemony & at the end of the inhale I taste powdered sugar, sugar lips :p

Over time, it has been my experience that the lemon notes in the INW Lemon Cake increase while FA Lemon Sicily flavor fades.
To maintain a somewhat similar lemon level profile through time, well...Heartsdelight is a Genius ! :yes:

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How’s our clone making going?
Dunno how much of any kind of contribution I've made, but I re-tested one of my recipes after giving it a few days' steep and there's still a chemical, plastic-y note prominent. Blech, I'm ditching these guys in the bin today. I'll try a tank, maybe a half-tank, of each of them but so far I'm 0 for 3. :/

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Dunno how much of any kind of contribution I've made, but I re-tested one of my recipes after giving it a few days' steep and there's still a chemical, plastic-y note prominent. Blech, I'm ditching these guys in the bin today. I'll try a tank, maybe a half-tank, of each of them but so far I'm 0 for 3. :/
Sometimes it needs more than a couple of days? Post your recipe and we can see what’s going on.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes it needs more than a couple of days? Post your recipe and we can see what’s going on.
Mmmmmmmmmmaybe.

Side Q for everyone: does nic lose potency over a while? 100mg/100%pg - I know it'll brown, oxidize and get a little harsher than pure, but does potency just disappear after a while?

Cause I'm thinking I need to whip up a bottle of some old school 24mg for days like today.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, the flavor holding rack I made serves its purpose, but I think I’m just going to consider it a prototype, because now that I’ve messed with it a bit, there are a few shortcomings.
One thing is the depth of the hole...it covers the name of the flavor, so there is still a bit of picking up and putting down hunting for specific flavors...another is putting the holes in straight lines means I can really only see the front row without arching over it to look at the bottles behind it.
2 possible solutions I’ve come up with so far is less deep holes in the board (to see the flavor name) and staggering the holes instead of in straight lines to be able to see more bottles straight on.
The other idea is a bit trickier and would involve keeping the board at a particular angle when drilling down into it, so that the bottles are kinda kicked back, leaning, and just chilling there with the name plainly visible (as long as I re-insert the bottle with the label facing the right way).
So, it’s still a work in progress and I figure, what the hell...instead of throwing away prototypes that I’ve improved on, I’ll just give them away here for the cost of shipping if there would be any interest in something like that around here.
Time to put pencil to paper and see what I can come up with next! And I’ll either start a thread or let you guys know here to get first dibs on prototypes I’ll no longer be needing as they get phased out.
Sorry for jacking the thread...now back to our regularly scheduled programming...I just mixed up another 30ml of this nameless concoction that I put together that tastes pretty good. Anyone have any ideas on a proper name to give this?
95e7b9423407c22a658d49de0b6dbc48.jpg

Edit: I almost want to give it a Super Mario Bros themed name, as Bowser looks like a Dragon, Peach is the name of the Princess, Cherry because....ummm, I dunno, maybe cuz Mario’s main color is Red and Watermelon because Luigi’s main color is green, and it’s all tied together with SUPER sweet....Thoughts?

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, folks....v7 and v8. Then I’m gonna give it a rest for a bit.....I have other irons in the fire.:)

V7
4% JF Yellow Cake
.25% FA butter
2% Caps Butter Cream
2% FW Bavarian Cream
1% TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% Caps French Vanilla

V8
3% Caps Butter Cream
2% Caps French Vanilla
.5% Caps Golden Butter
.25% Caps Super Sweet
4% Caps Yellow Cake
1% INW Shisha Vanilla

V8 is surprisingly good. I had reservations about using Caps Yellow Cake, but it’s working. And the Shisha Vanilla......yum. V7 I just mixed and wanna let it sit overnight. Try em out....let me know....still not the OG, but some good vanilla cake.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, the flavor holding rack I made serves its purpose, but I think I’m just going to consider it a prototype, because now that I’ve messed with it a bit, there are a few shortcomings.
One thing is the depth of the hole...it covers the name of the flavor, so there is still a bit of picking up and putting down hunting for specific flavors...another is putting the holes in straight lines means I can really only see the front row without arching over it to look at the bottles behind it.
2 possible solutions I’ve come up with so far is less deep holes in the board (to see the flavor name) and staggering the holes instead of in straight lines to be able to see more bottles straight on.
The other idea is a bit trickier and would involve keeping the board at a particular angle when drilling down into it, so that the bottles are kinda kicked back, leaning, and just chilling there with the name plainly visible (as long as I re-insert the bottle with the label facing the right way).
So, it’s still a work in progress and I figure, what the hell...instead of throwing away prototypes that I’ve improved on, I’ll just give them away here for the cost of shipping if there would be any interest in something like that around here.
Time to put pencil to paper and see what I can come up with next! And I’ll either start a thread or let you guys know here to get first dibs on prototypes I’ll no longer be needing as they get phased out.
Sorry for jacking the thread...now back to our regularly scheduled programming...I just mixed up another 30ml of this nameless concoction that I put together that tastes pretty good. Anyone have any ideas on a proper name to give this?

Edit: I almost want to give it a Super Mario Bros themed name, as Bowser looks like a Dragon, Peach is the name of the Princess, Cherry because....ummm, I dunno, maybe cuz Mario’s main color is Red and Watermelon because Luigi’s main color is green, and it’s all tied together with SUPER sweet....Thoughts?

Ah, Mario Brothers.....I used to have dreams with that theme song playing in the background. My son played....who am I kidding, still plays....Mario Bros. Every day. All the time. Good idea, btw.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, Mario Brothers.....I used to have dreams with that theme song playing in the background. My son played....who am I kidding, still plays....Mario Bros. Every day. All the time. Good idea, btw.

And then there was the lovely semi-live action Mario show with the worst acting (and dancing) the world has ever seen

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And then there was the lovely semi-live action Mario show with the worst acting (and dancing) the world has ever seen

Whaaaaaaat......

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Mmmmmmmmmmaybe.

Side Q for everyone: does nic lose potency over a while? 100mg/100%pg - I know it'll brown, oxidize and get a little harsher than pure, but does potency just disappear after a while?

Cause I'm thinking I need to whip up a bottle of some old school 24mg for days like today.

Yes, it usually takes like a year or so in the freezer, but it does happen, but even then it goes slowly.

@ScReWbALL for a name, how about a full on name from one of the games, like Sunshine, Odyssey, etc. Though I don't think a name like 64 would work honestly.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Daily Mixing 31May2018.jpg
Mixed up some of my only original recipe Strawbarb Menthol Lime for my wife. It smells like stinky cheese from the rhubarb but tastes quite good even without a steep. Mixed up some of the BCF community recipes and it is quite good. I do not recall where the rice pudding recipe came from or the glazed donut but they are both incredibly good. I brought some lab equipment home last night and mixed these in test tubes and "stirred" them in a centrifuge. I could not photograph it because the company I borrowed the thing from probably would not appreciate it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 112711
Mixed up some of my only original recipe Strawbarb Menthol Lime for my wife. It smells like stinky cheese from the rhubarb but tastes quite good even without a steep. Mixed up some of the BCF community recipes and it is quite good. I do not recall where the rice pudding recipe came from or the glazed donut but they are both incredibly good. I brought some lab equipment home last night and mixed these in test tubes and "stirred" them in a centrifuge. I could not photograph it because the company I borrowed the thing from probably would not appreciate it.
Wow! You do such a fantastic job with bottling & labeling!

My Rice Custard Pudding came from @Squonk , maybe yours does too?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So....I just mixed v5 of Nilla Cake. This one is definitely smelling like it’s heading in the right direction.....hoping the cake batter chills out a bit.......

TFA vanilla cupcake 3%
Caps Cake Batter .5%
Caps French vanilla 2%
FW yellow cake 3%
Caps VWC 1%

Edit.....also....
FA Cookie 1%
Cap super sweet .25%

Double edit.....anyone have any other ideas? Additions? Critiques? Has anyone besides me and @CrazyChef v2.0 tried the OG?

@CrazyChef v2.0.....any input? I might put a smidge of super sweet, just to give it that “commercial”feel.....I’m going to try it tomorrow.

I'm supposed to have a delivery at home that includes the flavors I'm missing for this, so I plan to mix it this weekend, plus a second try at an RY4 for my sister. Won't do it tonight, but probably tomorrow.

@wildgypsy70 have you revisited V5 in the last day or two? I'm fine with mixing it and leaving it to steep for a while, got myself very nearly burnt out on cake those few days we were working on this and I was also sampling the Italian Creme Cake.

Interesting thing I saw about the ICC today, a place called Edgar's Bakery in Birmingham AL makes those cakes and ships them. Ingredients listed included almost a Holiday Spice type blend of spices in the cake. I didn't pick up on that specifically in the cakes I've tasted, but I wasn't looking for it either. Might try a drop of Holiday Spice in my mix, just one in 11ml.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm supposed to have a delivery at home that includes the flavors I'm missing for this, so I plan to mix it this weekend, plus a second try at an RY4 for my sister. Won't do it tonight, but probably tomorrow.

@wildgypsy70 have you revisited V5 in the last day or two? I'm fine with mixing it and leaving it to steep for a while, got myself very nearly burnt out on cake those few days we were working on this and I was also sampling the Italian Creme Cake.

Interesting thing I saw about the ICC today, a place called Edgar's Bakery in Birmingham AL makes those cakes and ships them. Ingredients listed included almost a Holiday Spice type blend of spices in the cake. I didn't pick up on that specifically in the cakes I've tasted, but I wasn't looking for it either. Might try a drop of Holiday Spice in my mix, just one in 11ml.
I have revisited it several times....the cake batter is mellowing out quite nicely! I’m really liking how it’s turning out. There’s a touch of what I can only describe as chocolate(?) which is not in the OG....but I really like it. V7&8 are still too fresh to see what’s gonna happen....so far, v5 is my favorite....even more than the OG.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the past few weeks I've been enjoying 1.2% FLV Sweet Coconut mixed with either FA or INW (reformulated) Coconut @1 . Better after ageing for 3-4 days.

I never met a coconut flavor I thought was close to accurate until I mixed FLV Sweet Coconut with FA Coconut. Still not as good as I would like, but it does taste like Coconut and not like an artificial abomination.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never met a coconut flavor I thought was close to accurate until I mixed FLV Sweet Coconut with FA Coconut. Still not as good as I would like, but it does taste like Coconut and not like an artificial abomination.
See it's things like this that make me want to spend money I have no right spending on yet more things I have no right having.

Dangit. Wish me luck.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

How about super smash fruit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m still just amazed that this is probably the lowest flavor total percentage juice I’ve made (2.6%), but yet it’s one of the most flavorful vapes I’ve had in a good long while, not to mention I’ve been using this as my ADV since I mixed up the first batch on like the 27th and have yet to hit the “Vapors Tongue” road block.
On that subject, not long ago I read (I think on this thread) about how to get around Vapors tongue and someone had said coffee grounds and I kind of dismissed it. But today I was forced to take my girlfriend to this place called “Ulta” or “Ultra” or something like that and in the section with colognes and perfumes there were these plastic bottles with coffee beans in them for you to sniff after smelling the testers to keep the one you just smelled from carrying over to the next one you smell..apparently coffee beans/grounds really is a “pallet reset” of sorts

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m still just amazed that this is probably the lowest flavor total percentage juice I’ve made (2.6%), but yet it’s one of the most flavorful vapes I’ve had in a good long while, not to mention I’ve been using this as my ADV since I mixed up the first batch on like the 27th and have yet to hit the “Vapors Tongue” road block.
On that subject, not long ago I read (I think on this thread) about how to get around Vapors tongue and someone had said coffee grounds and I kind of dismissed it. But today I was forced to take my girlfriend to this place called “Ulta” or “Ultra” or something like that and in the section with colognes and perfumes there were these plastic bottles with coffee beans in them for you to sniff after smelling the testers to keep the one you just smelled from carrying over to the next one you smell..apparently coffee beans/grounds really is a “pallet reset” of sorts

Lol! Ulta, what a guy!

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've been trying to mess with some VT flavors as of late. The VT Honeycomb at 2% or under is fantastic (thanks @Heartsdelight for the heads up on this one). Some people say they get wet dog from it, I do not however. Their Cheesecake is good but a little weak and needs help. Waiting on the following strawberry cheesecake that I just threw together to age to see how the VT hangs:

Juicy Strawberry (FA) 4%
Cheesecake (VT) 3%
Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA) 1.5%
Shisha Strawberry (INW) 1%
Biscuit (INW) 0.5%
Caramel (FA) 0.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA) 0.25%

Might need to even raise the Cheesecake to 4% I'm thinking.

EDIT: @wildgypsy70 was the one who recommended the Honeycomb, OH MY!! Still soul crushed by the Cavs loss :headbang:

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been trying to mess with some VT flavors as of late. The VT Honeycomb at 2% or under is fantastic (thanks @Heartsdelight for the heads up on this one). Some people say they get wet dog from it, I do not however. Their Cheesecake is good but a little weak and needs help. Waiting on the following strawberry cheesecake that I just threw together to age to see how the VT hangs:

Juicy Strawberry (FA) 4%
Cheesecake (VT) 3%
Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA) 1.5%
Shisha Strawberry (INW) 1%
Biscuit (INW) 0.5%
Caramel (FA) 0.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA) 0.25%

Might need to even raise the Cheesecake to 4% I'm thinking.

EDIT: @wildgypsy70 was the one who recommended the Honeycomb, OH MY!! Still soul crushed by the Cavs loss :headbang:
Lol! Was going to say huh? Lol!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have revisited it several times....the cake batter is mellowing out quite nicely! I’m really liking how it’s turning out. There’s a touch of what I can only describe as chocolate(?) which is not in the OG....but I really like it. V7&8 are still too fresh to see what’s gonna happen....so far, v5 is my favorite....even more than the OG.

I mixed this up today, with two substitutions. I used Vape Wild sweetener instead of Cap Super Sweet, and TFA French Vanilla Deluxe instead of Cap French Vanilla. Haven't sampled it yet except on the back of my hand, plan to give it a couple of days. What I can taste of the juice itself is very light and airy. It's nice.

Also mixed 50ml of Cromwell's Custard and 30ml of Big Red for my son.

Had planned to mix 30ml PBC today, and still may, just haven't done it yet. My steeping box is full.

ETA: Forgot I was going to mix up some test RY4 for my sister, too. Nah. Not today.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
She still likes the stuff that resembles the analog. I expect I will have come up with several she likes before long to keep her away from the stinkies.

It took my sister nearly three years to decide to branch out into other flavors besides just tobacco with a bit of caramel. She was determined to find a juice that tasted like a cigarette, which of course never happened.

Guess everyone's different. I think I vaped one 10ml bottle of menthol tobacco back in 2011, and after that I was off to the races. Found cinnamon pear at Madvapes and that was the closest thing I've ever had to an ADV for a long time, until they discontinued it a few years ago.

Seems that non-tobacco-flavors (except for menthol) are one of the things that smokers have the hardest time coming to grips with. I'll say something to my husband every now and then about the flavor I'm vaping, and no matter what it is, he makes a disgusted sound, like no flavor except tobacco is fit for consumption, be it smoking or vaping. Well, I've got news for him. He's missing out.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It took my sister nearly three years to decide to branch out into other flavors besides just tobacco with a bit of caramel. She was determined to find a juice that tasted like a cigarette, which of course never happened.

Guess everyone's different. I think I vaped one 10ml bottle of menthol tobacco back in 2011, and after that I was off to the races. Found cinnamon pear at Madvapes and that was the closest thing I've ever had to an ADV for a long time, until they discontinued it a few years ago.

Seems that non-tobacco-flavors (except for menthol) are one of the things that smokers have the hardest time coming to grips with. I'll say something to my husband every now and then about the flavor I'm vaping, and no matter what it is, he makes a disgusted sound, like no flavor except tobacco is fit for consumption, be it smoking or vaping. Well, I've got news for him. He's missing out.
No kidding. Tobacco is great and all, but there’s a whole world out there!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday.....
Ish’s Maple Glazed Donut
Rocket Puppy’s RY4
A Pina colada inspired mix(WIP)
A fruity mix involving orange, watermelon, apple and peach(WIP)
Teddy Bear Custard(egads, I’m almost out!) went 60 mls on that one!
Hawaiian POG remix by Wayne Walker(diyordie)

Today? Not a clue. My stock is running low....dripping and squonking are juice guzzlers! First, we’re gonna go buy a fig tree....then home to paint and mix. Nice relaxing day.....

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed this up today, with two substitutions. I used Vape Wild sweetener instead of Cap Super Sweet, and TFA French Vanilla Deluxe instead of Cap French Vanilla. Haven't sampled it yet except on the back of my hand, plan to give it a couple of days. What I can taste of the juice itself is very light and airy. It's nice.

Also mixed 50ml of Cromwell's Custard and 30ml of Big Red for my son.

Had planned to mix 30ml PBC today, and still may, just haven't done it yet. My steeping box is full.

ETA: Forgot I was going to mix up some test RY4 for my sister, too. Nah. Not today.

@wildgypsy70 this mix is really, really good. I know it has only had overnight, but still it's really good. Leaves very wonderful vanilla behind. I love it. Thank you!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@wildgypsy70 this mix is really, really good. I know it has only had overnight, but still it's really good. Leaves very wonderful vanilla behind. I love it. Thank you!
Yay! I’m so happy!!! I<3mixing for me, but to have someone else like it? The best feeling!

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So....I just mixed v5 of Nilla Cake. This one is definitely smelling like it’s heading in the right direction.....hoping the cake batter chills out a bit.......

TFA vanilla cupcake 3%
Caps Cake Batter .5%
Caps French vanilla 2%
FW yellow cake 3%
Caps VWC 1%

Edit.....also....
FA Cookie 1%
Cap super sweet .25%

Double edit.....anyone have any other ideas? Additions? Critiques? Has anyone besides me and @CrazyChef v2.0 tried the OG?

@CrazyChef v2.0.....any input? I might put a smidge of super sweet, just to give it that “commercial”feel.....I’m going to try it tomorrow.
Entered into my ELR recipes and will be making this today. :D :D :D
Let me know if you've updated anything, and I'll update the recipe on ELR - http://tjek.nu/r/mEMZ

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So is the V5 okay as a S&V? I wanna put it in a RTA after I make it.
I can’t abide the taste of fresh Cake Batter. I tried it as an snv but I didn’t like it. After a week, the cake batter mellows out significantly. Give it a shot and see what you think!

VU Sponsors