Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Honeysuckle is a nice complimenting flavor, especially with certain fruits and floral notes, it plays alright with FA jasmine in some FA green tea
I have jasmine as well. Haven't mixed a single yet and suspect it can easily be overdone. Will wait until I have a bit more experience before using it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So I mixed 10ml of FA Fuji at 3% about 3 hours ago and flavor is nice, but pretty weak.
Also mixed together:
FA fuji 2%
INW two apples 2%
TFA honeysuckle 1% and it's again nice but weak. Going to leave it overnight and taste again tomorrow. Loving the nic salts, no th or taste.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
So I mixed 10ml of FA Fuji at 3% about 3 hours ago and flavor is nice, but pretty weak.
Also mixed together:
FA fuji 2%
INW two apples 2%
TFA honeysuckle 1% and it's again nice but weak. Going to leave it overnight and taste again tomorrow. Loving the nic salts, no th or taste.

Honeysuckle shines at 2-3% for me, but definitely tastes better after around a week or so. Been looking into nic salts, how nice is it compared to vaperstek nic? Just curious, I've got about a couple liters to go through first.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Honeysuckle shines at 2-3% for me, but definitely tastes better after around a week or so. Been looking into nic salts, how nice is it compared to vaperstek nic? Just curious, I've got about a couple liters to go through first.
Have nothing to compare nic salts to. I love it, zero th. Thanks for honeysuckle tip.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Hibiscus is a bit tricky. I haven't really found much use for it, whether standalone or in recipes. Think it might have a place in my floral cream soda, if my current batch isn't right. Honestly I may just be missing something major here, but I'm kinda running out of ideas for it. If you find something it goes good with, please share, I don't want to have waste this flavor. Though now I'm thinking it might go good in spearmint tea? Hope you have better luck with it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I order custom orange, passion fruit, and hibiscus juice and love it. I've been out for awhile and getting a taste for it again.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tomorrow's early morning mix-

15-ml testers-
Meine Strudel
f1r3b1rd's Creamy Berry Crunch
Betelgeuse
Pinkeye
Blue Slushie
Marilyn
Blackberry Custard
Strawberry Ice Cream
Ella's Raspberry Shortbread Biscuit
Theodore's Munch
Pennywise

60-ml repeats-
Corn Pops
Bronuts
Sunshine
Cheeba's Sweet Strawberry Cream
Big Red Soda
Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
Sancho's Revenge
Smoky Blue's Mountain Dew
Deek's Blueberry Custard
Unicorn Milk
mykreign's Green Apple Flavorburst
Teresa P's Crema Fritta

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

15-ml testers-
Meine Strudel
Betelgeuse
Pinkeye
Blue Slushie
Marilyn
Blackberry Custard
Strawberry Ice Cream
Theodore's Munch
Pennywise

60-ml repeats-
Corn Pops
Bronuts
Sunshine
Big Red Soda
Sancho's Revenge
Deek's Blueberry Custard
Unicorn Milk
Teresa P's Crema Fritta
What a great list - I recognize quite a few great one's in there. Is the Ella's raspberry shortbread, the plain shortbread with raspberry added?

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What a great list - I recognize quite a few great one's in there. Is the Ella's raspberry shortbread, the plain shortbread with raspberry added?
There's several versions of that recipe, but mine is tweaked by using recommendations of people who have made one or more of those versions, so it's going to be "unique".

I'm hoping that will translate to "good". :bingo:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

15-ml testers-
Meine Strudel
Betelgeuse
Pinkeye
Blue Slushie
Marilyn
Blackberry Custard
Strawberry Ice Cream
Theodore's Munch
Pennywise

60-ml repeats-
Corn Pops
Bronuts
Sunshine
Big Red Soda
Sancho's Revenge
Deek's Blueberry Custard
Unicorn Milk
Teresa P's Crema Fritta

Wow I wish I liked as much flavors as you do. Vaping would be much more fun lol. I’m so picky, I’ve been vaping game over custard for a couple weeks, although I’m out now. So I’m trying a recipe that’s supposed to taste like the red and blue gummy worms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard Hughes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow I wish I liked as much flavors as you do. Vaping would be much more fun lol. I’m so picky, I’ve been vaping game over custard for a couple weeks, although I’m out now. So I’m trying a recipe that’s supposed to taste like the red and blue gummy worms.

I pretty much have several "categories":
breakfasts (cereal, donuts, pastries etc)
fruits (with or w/o cream
beverages
custards/creams
ice creams
desserts
others (anything that doesn't fit the previously mentioned areas)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I pretty much have several "categories":
breakfasts (cereal, donuts, pastries etc)
fruits (with or w/o cream
beverages
custards/creams
ice creams
desserts
others (anything that doesn't fit the previously mentioned areas)

My rotation usually consists of, “hey I like this juice. I’m gonna vape it until I’m tired of it. Then have to find a new recipe I like.”

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Im always picking them in the summer. Theres a way to grab them and bite off the tips. I've been chewing on them things my whole life. Do you know if it tastes like that? Or does it taste like the flower smells?
Have never tasted an actual hibiscus, flavor resembles the scent. Not sweet or perfumey, almost savory. gives a nice contrast to play off of the fruits. Wanting to try it with dragon fruit as well.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So my Orange Mandarin is good, but needs something. I don't have any sweetener and was thinking the FW cheesecake might be a good addition. Any thoughts anyone? I also have LA cream cheese icing.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My rotation usually consists of, “hey I like this juice. I’m gonna vape it until I’m tired of it. Then have to find a new recipe I like.”

haha, That is how I was before DIY and I assumed it would be the same after but I was wrong. In the year+ I have been DIY I have probably only made the same recipe more than once a handful of times. I just keep mixing up 100ml 'testers' of any random recipe in my calculator. This is also why I keep 7 - 9 mods in rotation.

speaking of: I have a lot of juice steeping but I have 4 x 100ml bottles empty and clean so it is probably time for me to mix up a few batches. I know I will be mixing RF Deep Fried Spongecake and Sugar Cub as single flavors and an adaptation of TOC's Cookie Lover. I just need to pick out one more recipe.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
haha, That is how I was before DIY and I assumed it would be the same after but I was wrong. In the year+ I have been DIY I have probably only made the same recipe more than once a handful of times. I just keep mixing up 100ml 'testers' of any random recipe in my calculator. This also why I keep 7 - 9 mods in rotation.

speaking of: I have a lot of juice steeping but I have 4 x 100ml bottles empty and clean so it is probably time for me to mix up a few batches. I know I will be mixing RF Deep Fried Spongecake and Sugar Cub as single flavors and an adaptation of TOC's Cookie Lover. I just need to pick out one more recipe.

Yup you nailed it. I make, on average, probably 10 testers a week. 95% go down the drain. Before DIY I vaped the same two juices and funny enough, I have cloned them but still don’t make them that often.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So my Orange Mandarin is good, but needs something. I don't have any sweetener and was thinking the FW cheesecake might be a good addition. Any thoughts anyone? I also have LA cream cheese icing.

Is your flavor stash on ELR marked as private? I couldn’t find it.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Is your flavor stash on ELR marked as private? I couldn’t find it.

I don't think so.I'll go look. I have JF yellow cake, but was afraid it would kill the pineapple.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If you wanna add those flavors to your orange, I’d start fw cheesecake at 2% and la cream cheese icing at .5%

Thanks. I do need to get something to sweeten with I guess, just to have.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have never tasted an actual hibiscus, flavor resembles the scent. Not sweet or perfumey, almost savory. gives a nice contrast to play off of the fruits. Wanting to try it with dragon fruit as well.
Sorry, I was talking bout honeysuckles. After a quick search, it looks like there different styles. This is how they look here (Mn)-
Capture+_2017-11-01-18-19-38-1.png
The arrow points to what I bite off and chew. Theres juice in them.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I do need to get something to sweeten with I guess, just to have.

You can use different flavors at a low percentage to add sweetness. I gotta find your stash...

Just as a side note, fw yellow cake already has a lot of sweetener in it so that one should be good to go.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Sorry, I was talking bout honeysuckles. After a quick search, it looks like there different styles. This is how they look here (Mn)-
View attachment 95806
The arrow points to what I bite off and chew. Theres juice in them.
Honeysuckle flavoring does taste similar to the flower. I particularly like it with orange or apple vapes. It also tastes very good in vanilla ice cream juices.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You can use different flavors at a low percentage to add sweetness. I gotta find your stash...

Just as a side note, fw yellow cake already has a lot of sweetener in it so that one should be good to go.

I for some reason do not like honeysuckle with pineapple. Would the FW green apple add a little sweetness? Haven't mixed that one yet.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I for some reason do not like honeysuckle with pineapple. Would the FW green apple add a little sweetness? Haven't mixed that one yet.

Yup fw adds sugar to that one as well. Try adding 1%. Keep in mind it also contains alcohol so you might get some harshness right off the bat but it’s never bothered me.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yup fw adds sugar to that one as well. Try adding 1%. Keep in mind it also contains alcohol so you might get some harshness right off the bat but it’s never bothered me.

I think I'll add the FW GA to the bottle I already have mixed and mix a second bottle tomorrow with the other 2. Really liking this mix for a base. Gonna do a tangerine cake tomorrow as well. Should have started diy 2 years ago!

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think I'll add the FW GA to the bottle I already have mixed and mix a second bottle tomorrow with the other 2. Really liking this mix for a base. Gonna do a tangerine cake tomorrow as well. Should have started diy 2 years ago!

My go to for sweetness is FA marshmallow at .5%. Also adds a nice mouthfeel. Pretty good with fruits.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My go to for sweetness is FA marshmallow at .5%. Also adds a nice mouthfeel. Pretty good with fruits.

I keep reading about adding marshmallow. I really don't like marshmallow vapes. Can you not taste the marshmallow at low percentages?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep reading about adding marshmallow. I really don't like marshmallow vapes. Can you not taste the marshmallow at low percentages?

Most of the time you can’t taste it. Depends on the potency of the other flavors. You could start even lower and see what you think of it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sounds yummy, keep us posted yeah?

I feel like all I taste is sugar. I don’t use LB flavors hardly ever but it sounded good.
a7baf709356b70f94941ce2e1937bfba.jpg

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I feel like all I taste is sugar. I don’t use LB flavors hardly ever but it sounded good.
a7baf709356b70f94941ce2e1937bfba.jpg

Try ditching the blue raz and make your own blue raz flavor for it perhaps? Maybe try FA strawberry instead? Don't know if FA juicy strawberry would work haven't tried it in much

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Try ditching the blue raz and make your own blue raz flavor for it perhaps? Maybe try FA strawberry instead? Don't know if FA juicy strawberry would work haven't tried it in much

Fresh cotton would help too. If my taste buds could pick up on strawberry, that would be ideal lol.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors