Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, now...what? they reformulated Noxzema? I haven't used that since I was a young teenager (long ago). I haven't even thought of it in years, but I still feel somehow ripped off thinking it's gone forever! lol

PS: it used to give me an awesome feeling of "menthol face"! :D
Im a dude an used it too. Was a great feeling in your face. Lol. Good times. Ha ha

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm hesitant to harp on this, but perhaps to address the issue of ELR screenshots, maybe it would be helpful to new users if folks included a short instruction regarding the right click. Or.... I'm prepared to accept that I'm the one in a (however millions of many) who can't figure that simple sh*t out!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes! So many men use (used) Noxzema!

Maybe we really should work on a clone, and even if we don't make a million @Rhianne--wtf--at least we'd still have it :)

We can have VG (and possibly PG lol) be the first ingredients. I saved an old empty jar since I wanted to have the OG formula, just in case. Don’t worry, my family thinks I’m weird too!

If we could clone it, I really wouldn’t care if we made nothing!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up 2 60ML bottles today one Flavorless for my Sweetie and an American Gold Tobacco for myself. I almost used Dark Cherry by mistake but caught myself before I used it and then thought I had a Cherry Tobacco that was awesome. So it has been floating around my brain all evening.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mixed up 2 60ML bottles today one Flavorless for my Sweetie and an American Gold Tobacco for myself. I almost used Dark Cherry by mistake but caught myself before I used it and then thought I had a Cherry Tobacco that was awesome. So it has been floating around my brain all evening.

Did you make Cherry tobacco? It sounds really good. I have a vanilla tobacco that Vash mixed that I love.

How’s it going, Steve? <- thats for Chinese food.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use to mix up a grape cigarillo flavor. Hangsen cigar @ 5-7% and Hangsen Grape at 3%. This was many, many years ago. I loved it. It was a recipe that got my SIL to stop smoking her grape cigars. Sometimes, I would add SC real cig to it. Real cig is similar to Inawera dirty neutral base.

P.S. All my mixes were geared for MTL usage. 50/50 base sometimes 60/40.Pg/VG

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I use to mix up a grape cigarillo flavor. Hangsen cigar @ 5-7% and Hangsen Grape at 3%. This was many, many years ago. I loved it. It was a recipe that got my SIL to stop smoking her grape cigars. Sometimes, I would add SC real cig to it. Real cig is similar to Inawera dirty neutral base.

P.S. All my mixes were geared for MTL usage. 50/50 base sometimes 60/40.Pg/VG

I have a juice called Real Cig, and I wonder if it was made with that. I love it, it’s got a really smoky flavor.

I want to try the dirty neutral base for tobacco mixes. Thanks!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok I know y'all thought I succumbed to temporary insanity yesterday when I decided to mix Noxzema eliquid. I get that.

Thing is, it is really good, just after sitting overnight.

Have to admit, it's one of those mixes that, if I didn't know what's in it, I'd probably have a hard time describing it or pinning down the flavors that were used. The cooling effect from the Koolada is obvious, but none of the rest of it is, at least to me.

It's very smooth and refreshing, though, kinda makes you sit up a little straighter! :) Brisk, creamy, spicy, and sweet. I love it, hope it stays like this!

I can also imagine that an orange or mixed citrus variant would be really good.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok I know y'all thought I succumbed to temporary insanity yesterday when I decided to mix Noxzema eliquid. I get that.

Thing is, it is really good, just after sitting overnight.

Have to admit, it's one of those mixes that, if I didn't know what's in it, I'd probably have a hard time describing it or pinning down the flavors that were used. The cooling effect from the Koolada is obvious, but none of the rest of it is, at least to me.

It's very smooth and refreshing, though, kinda makes you sit up a little straighter! :) Brisk, creamy, spicy, and sweet. I love it, hope it stays like this!

I can also imagine that an orange or mixed citrus variant would be really good.

I love that you mixed this! And that it tastes great. I forgot that mixes can really change from steeping, though. I’ve never really steeped a mix longer than a few days since I’m impatient to vape it.

I’ll be mixing Crom’s Custard this week, once my stevia comes. I ordered more to make sure I have it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I love that you mixed this! And that it tastes great. I forgot that mixes can really change from steeping, though. I’ve never really steeped a mix longer than a few days since I’m impatient to vape it.

I’ll be mixing Crom’s Custard this week, once my stevia comes. I ordered more to make sure I have it.

Some mixes change more than others with time. Fruits generally have the least change, unless they are mixed with significant amounts of cream or custard. (Creams steep quicker than custards, though, most of the time.) Strawberries and lemons particularly can fade a lot after just a couple of weeks. Some custard recipes (and other dessert recipes that are heavily custard-based) change A LOT after steeping.

My favorite, cinnamon, and that is if the flavor you're using is a "real" cinnamon, as in not-candy, in about six days the flavor smooths out and tastes more like what you expect cinnamon in bakery to taste like. Until day six seems like it sits on top of everything else and is just overwhelming.

Butter often needs some time, too, but usually three or four days will do it, depending on the other flavors it's mixed with.

You notice just about everything I said is qualified - "most of the time," or "depending," or "usually." No hard and fast rules. Every mix is different. Follow your nose (and taste buds)!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To get rid of diketones or something? I’d have liked to try the Holy Grail RY4, though.

I wish they’d keep the originals when they changed stuff.
According to DIYFS they had to reformulate as one of the flavors they used to make Holy Holy Vanilla & the RY4 was being either discontinued or they were unable to get anymore.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So it’s like the Cap Vanilla Custard. I bought the V1 of that for Crom’s Custard. I’m sure it’s yummy.

I also placed an ECX order, and bought some INW Eucalyptus Mint since I’ve been feeling stuffy and like I’m getting a cold.

I’m not sure if that flavor will taste good, but I hope it helps me breathe a bit!

And I bought DIY or Die’s Cuprian one shot. Creamy mint chocolate chip flavor. Sounds delish. And I bought the T shirt! On sale. Lol
Some posted this recipe for use for a cold/cough. Sorry I don’t remember who.

Lemon & Honey Cough Drop
INW Eucalyptus & Mint 1.5%
INW Honey .25%
FE Lemon 3%

I haven’t mixed it yet.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Some posted this recipe for use for a cold/cough. Sorry I don’t remember who.

Lemon & Honey Cough Drop
INW Eucalyptus & Mint 1.5%
INW Honey .25%
FE Lemon 3%

I haven’t mixed it yet.

Thank you! I’m gonna need another order from BCF now.

I did buy TFA Creme de Menthe on a whim (and on sale!) so maybe it will go with the Eucalyptus Mint. But prolly not!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If not, that TPA mixes well with your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream flavor (LB for me)

I primarily use it to make a Grasshopper cocktail mix. (WI type)

It's use in a ...
View attachment 149897
...juice remains a WIP

Cool idea. I bought a PUR VBIC, not sure how it is yet. I’ve got to stop buying flavors on sale! I also have TFA Vanilla Swirl, but maybe not with the Creme de Menthe. Thanks, Ron.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually the TFA vanilla Swirl might go very well with the TFA Creme de Menthe, thoughts anyone?

I have literally never had a truly bad experience adding a few percentage pts of vanilla swirl to anything. I went through a phase of adding it to just about everything, too! I kind of doubt you can go wrong, especially at 2%--unless you're really not looking for vanilla. It may be a little passe/cliche, but VS + a bit of fa marshmallow can transform the feeling of a vape.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have ideas about how to order non-nicotine (coils, batteries, etc) supplies to MA? I only just realized in the last few days (DERP) that it's not just nicotine and ejuice that's been banned in my state. It's anything related to vaping, apparently--at least based on all my regular suppliers regretfully informing me they can't fill my order. Feel free to message me, please.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have ideas about how to order non-nicotine (coils, batteries, etc) supplies to MA? I only just realized in the last few days (DERP) that it's not just nicotine and ejuice that's been banned in my state. It's anything related to vaping, apparently--at least based on all my regular suppliers regretfully informing me they can't fill my order. Feel free to message me, please.
Really?! It’s in effect? I thought it was still pending approval :cuss2::cuss2::cuss2::gaah::gaah::cuss2::cuss2::cuss2:

If it’s indeed true the only recourse would be have one of us order for you then forward to you?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Upper left of screen
go to forums click
scroll way down and look for Traidding Post----------hardware and accessories ..
there are some folks here who sell and Build whatcha need..
so look for what your wanting to find then PM a couple of the people you feel
comfortable with after reading. and checking feedback..
and set yourself up..

they are already set to go with paypal and shipping..

Last edited:

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If it’s indeed true the only recourse would be have one of us order for you then forward to you?

I wonder if doing so could be considered similar to someone sending from a state where it's legal to someone in a state where it is not?
Could even posting such a vaping supply delivery suggestion be considered illegal conspiracy to violate the law?

Will a SWAT team soon be visiting you? :gaah:
barney_fife.jpg

Not to worry! If you are convicted, as many others here, I too will be doing everything I can do to make sure you have ample juice and equipment to vape it in prison
IAmAFugitiveFromAChainGang1932_782_678x380_01252016045245.jpg

:yes:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually the TFA vanilla Swirl might go very well with the TFA Creme de Menthe, thoughts anyone?

Thank you, Hearts. I’ll try it when the rest of my flavors get here. BCF mailed them out like two hours later, but ECX and LB are taking their sweet time.

I bought short fills with nic from LB, so it’s really easy to mix for me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I have literally never had a truly bad experience adding a few percentage pts of vanilla swirl to anything. I went through a phase of adding it to just about everything, too! I kind of doubt you can go wrong, especially at 2%--unless you're really not looking for vanilla. It may be a little passe/cliche, but VS + a bit of fa marshmallow can transform the feeling of a vape.

So flavors go out of style? I’m not in the gourmet class of mixing yet, though. lol

Sheesh, I should’ve bought more VS!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wonder if doing so could be considered similar to someone sending from a state where it's legal to someone in a state where it is not?
Could even posting such a vaping supply delivery suggestion be considered illegal conspiracy to violate the law?

View attachment 149922

Not to worry! If you are convicted, as many others here, I too will be doing everything I can do to make sure you have ample juice and equipment to vape it in prison
View attachment 149921

That’s so cool, Ron! :hug::blowkiss: I’m in NY, where they’re not sure yet!

Edit: That Chain Gang film looks great. I’ll have to see if YT has it. I really only watch old flicks anymore.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 149922

View attachment 149921

:giggle: You little :devil:

No I actually didn’t do it yet ;) last time I checked, I’d better double check lol! Freedom of speech as long as I didn’t commit the deed yet :D

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really?! It’s in effect? I thought it was still pending approval :cuss2::cuss2::cuss2::gaah::gaah::cuss2::cuss2:

I'm trying to figure out solutions so it doesn't come to that. Yeah, I'm surprised, too, and dismayed, frustrated, etc., etc. I actually have to not think about it too much or I just go bananas. On the other hand, if more of us went bananas we might change the situation. I guess I'm just tired and self-centered on not smoking, at least for the moment.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Upper left of screen
go to forums click
scroll way down and look for Traidding Post----------hardware and accessories ..
there are some folks here who sell and Build whatcha need..
so look for what your wanting to find then PM a couple of the people you feel
comfortable with after reading. and checking feedback..
and set yourself up..

they are already set to go with paypal and shipping..

Thanks for the reminder on this! That could definitely help with some supplies. Not many people selling prefabricated coils I suspect, though. It can't hurt to ask. I wouldn't blame people on Trading Post for hesitating to ship to a state like mine, though--it would be understandable.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm trying to figure out solutions so it doesn't come to that. Yeah, I'm surprised, too, and dismayed, frustrated, etc., etc. I actually have to not think about it too much or I just go bananas. On the other hand, if more of us went bananas we might change the situation. I guess I'm just tired and self-centered on not smoking, at least for the moment.
Here’s what CASAA has to say about MA.
1A221243-4C6B-45EF-A763-0CA1CBAE04BE.jpeg
So maybe its not in full effect yet? But certain vendors are acting ahead of time? Perhaps try other vendors for now than your usual ones?

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reminder on this! That could definitely help with some supplies. Not many people selling prefabricated coils I suspect, though. It can't hurt to ask. I wouldn't blame people on Trading Post for hesitating to ship to a state like mine, though--it would be understandable.
Actually there are a couple selling coils. Not sure what you're looking for, but @Shredtravolta makes some great coils. Take a look at this thread http://vapingunderground.com/threads/free-coils-for-postage-or-donation.462682/

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Question to ask you..
can you pop up a PIC of your Coil / wick you need replacing...
sparkey {me hubby likes} VIVI NOVA
ooooo no but what if we can't get coils
vivi_nova_head_2__43122.1349275026.500.659.jpg

sooooooooo I scooted off
and FIGURED OUT how to recoil and rewick da little suckers meself.

if theres a wire and a wick most of them can be rebuilt..
i think its fun to try an figure out
and if i can't figure it out figure out someone who can
and den LOOK its figured out.

so lets start with a pic.

name
make modle

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Question to ask you..
sooooooooo I scooted off

name
make modle

So cool and resourceful that you thought ahead on this. Also, I'm impressed you find it fun. I wish I could say the same : )

This is the main one I'll be needing, for the aspire nautilus. (link to photo included) I haven't looked into/tried washing them yet, so this may be a solution. Washing, and even rebuilding, does work for the little protank coils by kanger I sometimes use--tho they are so teeny it's a PITA. I've successfully washed OCC coils for Subtank. I tried taking one of the Nautilus ones apart years ago, but I broke the casing in the process. It was a humpty dumpty type situation.

Rebuilding tiny factory coils is going to be a measure of last resort for me due to issues of eyesight, manual dexterity, patience and space. It probably can be done with the Nauti coil pictured here, but may be easier to find someone who's hung onto some old ones they'll never use and buy them. That is, if I can't find a retail supplier... I've still got places to look. I can also go back to building (or buying, as has been suggested) larger coils for my rda/ rta.

Aspire-Nautilus-and-mini-BVC-Coil-.jpg

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is quite the amazing offer, thanks for the link! I saw some beautiful ones by vaperoxx in that section as well.
I would have mentioned @VAPEROXX but he hasn't been around lately and when he does return hopefully he'll see this and let you know. Can't go wrong with either of those guys. Good luck in your search.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So cool and resourceful that you thought ahead on this. Also, I'm impressed you find it fun. I wish I could say the same : )

This is the main one I'll be needing, for the aspire nautilus. (link to photo included) I haven't looked into/tried washing them yet, so this may be a solution. Washing, and even rebuilding, does work for the little protank coils by kanger I sometimes use--tho they are so teeny it's a PITA. I've successfully washed OCC coils for Subtank. I tried taking one of the Nautilus ones apart years ago, but I broke the casing in the process. It was a humpty dumpty type situation.

Rebuilding tiny factory coils is going to be a measure of last resort for me due to issues of eyesight, manual dexterity, patience and space. It probably can be done with the Nauti coil pictured here, but may be easier to find someone who's hung onto some old ones they'll never use and buy them. That is, if I can't find a retail supplier... I've still got places to look. I can also go back to building (or buying, as has been suggested) larger coils for my rda/ rta.

Aspire-Nautilus-and-mini-BVC-Coil-.jpg

It's really a pity that you didn't move one size up. There's an RTA kit for the Triton and Aspire tanks, and the kits have been available for next to nothing for a good few months now. They really are easy to build, but they're also almost twice the size of the Nautilus coils.

I would be intimidated at the thought of trying to rebuild a Nautilus coil. Have never had success even just putting one back together if the bottom contact came off. Have also tried washing them, although it was years ago, but the vape was never good after they dried. The cotton in them gets so compacted after it's wet with water, they're just meh after that. Lengthy soaking or boiling may yield different results - I never tried that hard, but the situation wasn't as dire for me then as it is now for you.

Good luck with it, I hope you can figure out something. I still for the life of me cannot understand how it's legal for your governor to take such drastic action.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

But do you have enough nic? The other juice components shouldn’t be banned yet. But non rebuildable coils, who knows? Did you try with those?

We need @Vapor Joe’s help, possibly. He’s like Victor Lazlo in Casablanca!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Question to ask you..
vivi_nova_head_2__43122.1349275026.500.659.jpg

sooooooooo I scooted off

name
make modle

Bunny, have I told you lately that I love you?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But do you have enough nic? The other juice components shouldn’t be banned yet. But non rebuildable coils, who knows? Did you try with those?

We need @Vapor Joe’s help, possibly. He’s like Victor Lazlo in Casablanca!

I'm good on nic for a while yet. I have around 1.5 liters. The ostensibly non-rebuildable ones are what I mostly use for now, yes--like the Nautilus or protank coils. Is that what you meant?
I'd like to be more of a builder, eventually, but I'm mostly just MTL for now. I've gone on and off vaping a few times and want to keep it mostly simple when it comes to getting the nic in.

I appreciate everybody's concern and help so much. You guys are a great community. I didn't mean to over-hype the level of disaster I'm facing here, though. I know I'll figure out something.

Happy note: it seems fasttech will ship to me. I only ordered one pack of coils so far since the only ones I could find say they are a "nickel/zinc" alloy, which sounds suspicious to me.... I feel like nickel is only supposed to be used with temperature control mods?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's really a pity that you didn't move one size up. There's an RTA kit for the Triton and Aspire tanks, and the kits have been available for next to nothing for a good few months now. They really are easy to build, but they're also almost twice the size of the Nautilus coils.

I would be intimidated at the thought of trying to rebuild a Nautilus coil. Have never had success even just putting one back together if the bottom contact came off. Have also tried washing them, although it was years ago, but the vape was never good after they dried. The cotton in them gets so compacted after it's wet with water, they're just meh after that. Lengthy soaking or boiling may yield different results - I never tried that hard, but the situation wasn't as dire for me then as it is now for you.

Good luck with it, I hope you can figure out something. I still for the life of me cannot understand how it's legal for your governor to take such drastic action.

Thanks, N. I have one rda, one rta, some kanthal, cotton, rods, etc which I haven't used in a long time. I can def. turn to this if it comes to it. And I can hit up someone in Trading Post, too, if I can't manage that.

VU Sponsors