Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it won't fit in a 30ml Gorilla. let me see if I have a 60ml bottle to try

It does fit in a 60ml and I stand corrected I can get it into a 30ml. Not sure what you mean by touching the edges, It does hit the inner edge of the bottle neck when inserting it, but it goes in easily enough. I am real happy with this little mixer and I am going to order a backup next month. Now the whisk part will not fit in either bottle, that attachment is too large.

View attachment 185209

View attachment 185210

Attachment on the far left is the only one that will fit inside the bottles. Hope that helps answer your question about it :)

View attachment 185211
That is a skinny little device & attachment.
I meant a chubby gorilla but it squeezes through that tight little neck so even better.
The whisk will probably fit through a chubby neck.
Thanks for the display. One's in my cart at the jungle website now.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all. Long time no type. Anyone know what the hell has happened to ecigvape.com? I need to mix, their site won't come up; I've finally found a written down recipe for my strawberry & cream but its so much easier with a real vape calculator, than trying to figure the actual ml's using a farking spreadsheet.

Thx!
Andria

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hey y'all. Long time no type. Anyone know what the hell has happened to ecigvape.com? I need to mix, their site won't come up; I've finally found a written down recipe for my strawberry & cream but its so much easier with a real vape calculator, than trying to figure the actual ml's using a farking spreadsheet.

Thx!
Andria

You can try elr or vapingcomunity.co.uk

both run the same script..

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You can try elr or vapingcomunity.co.uk

both run the same script..

I found vapinghardware.com, which has a calculator. Of course my most recent recipe is on ecigvape.com, and the one I found written down is from July of last year; the total percentage of flavoring is 19.9%, and I think that's pretty close to what i've been vaping lately, but instead of my usual 96ml, I'm only going to mix up 50ml, just in case it's too much flavoring. I'm not completely sure, but I had thought I was down to about 19.5% flavoring, so that's pretty close.

Andria

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds yummy on them all. I may even still have the flavors out I need. I am trying to use up the base I have so that's a perfect excuse. I need something new to vape ( don't we all ) lol.

Hubby headed out this morning with the trailer full and he called about 30 min ago saying he's on his way home as the truck is acting up. ( sigh ) I bet it's too much weight. Here I thought I was gonna have a few days peace. NOPE.............oh well he will figure it out I guess.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed up all four of my OTR juices today.

60 ml Goph's Monster Cookie
60 ml Goph's PS Shortcake
60 ml @Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon
60 ml Mama J's Game Over Custard (@wllmc)

I've made one shots of all four them so the mixing is easy until I need to make another one shot. These should last me for a month on the road (OTR).

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed up all four of my OTR juices today.

60 ml Goph's Monster Cookie
60 ml Goph's PS Shortcake
60 ml @Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon
60 ml Mama J's Game Over Custard (@wllmc)

I've made one shots of all four them so the mixing is easy until I need to make another one shot. These should last me for a month on the road (OTR).
Do you happen to have the Monster Cookie and the PS Shortcake recipe's online somewhere? Thanks.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello... first time on this thread. I'm working on two pies (peach and apple) I just got FA liquid amber and curious how it will work for these. Any suggestions for % to use?
BTW, I'm also testing FA white peach and fuji (apple) today. I already have another peach and apple so these are just to brighten them up a bit. As soon as I test those, I will create my recipes (and decide how much liquid amber to use)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hello... first time on this thread. I'm working on two pies (peach and apple) I just got FA liquid amber and curious how it will work for these. Any suggestions for % to use?
BTW, I'm also testing FA white peach and fuji (apple) today. I already have another peach and apple so these are just to brighten them up a bit. As soon as I test those, I will create my recipes (and decide how much liquid amber to use)
Hello! Liquid Amber will “cook” fruits. Good for what you want to do. I’d use 0.5-1%(probably closer to 0.5%).

Fuji and White Peach. Two great choices. Good luck with your recipe! Post it when you’re happy with it.

Welcome to the rabbit hole!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@wildgypsy70 , thanks for the tips. I tried white peach (not as strong as I expected but good) It will get mixed with TFA peach (juicy) I love the fuji (apple) and I tried a green apple store bought juice before and didn't like it (too much like a jolly rancher candy) The fuji will get mixed with TFA apple pie (which needs a lot of help) It's going to take awhile to write the pie recipes. I also have OOO pie crust, WF croissant, FA ceylon cinnamon (I just use drops for that) and both pies will be a' la mode (SSA ice cream and maybe some WF bavarian cream) These are the most complex recipes I have attempted. Oh, and of course the FA liquid amber.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to the forum! Gypsy has already given you great advice and she knows her stuff! Hope you enjoy our crazy little crew here.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not ready to make my pies yet,,, but since I had fuji (apple) mixed up (I always do small 10 ml SFTs) I remembered when I was young, I loved putting peanut butter on apple slices so added TFA DX peanut butter to what was left. That also reminded me of how I liked 50/50 bars (orange creamsicle) from the "ice cream man" so mixed CAP sweet tangerine with SSA ice cream and vanilla. I'll let those steep a bit (going to be great childhood memories)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tried the orange creamsicle (50/50 bar when I was young) All I had was CAP sweet tangerine (which is a candy flavor) I do have orange marmalade but it's too much like jam. Spot on perfect... flood of childhood memories. It's a keeper (and so easy to mix) The fuji (apple) with peanut butter was not so good (maybe too much PB)... hey, can't win em all. Ironically, as I vaped the creamsicle, I could hear the ice cream truck drive by... too cool!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Will mix the pies this week-end. Also going to mix a couple favorites (lemon meringue cookie and raspberry layer cake) I'll post those later (basically simple 3 flavor recipes (if you count the two lemons as one flavor) I got lucky on those... nailed them on the first try. When I mix it again, I will also post the recipe for my peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafers. I've been a busy mixer. Hope you don't mind all the posts... trying get this thread into high gear.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Will mix the pies this week-end. Also going to mix a couple favorites (lemon meringue cookie and raspberry layer cake) I'll post those later (basically simple 3 flavor recipes (if you count the two lemons as one flavor) I got lucky on those... nailed them on the first try. When I mix it again, I will also post the recipe for my peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafers. I've been a busy mixer. Hope you don't mind all the posts... trying get this thread into high gear.
Can’t wait for you to post your Lemon Meringue cookie recipe!

You’re doing great!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Definitely do not mind all the posts. Always great to see new blood in here! And that PB banana pudding thing sounds really lovely! And raspberry layer cake! I’m always up for some raspberries. 🍰

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I want to hear more about the Orange Creamsicle. Just recently bought some Cap Sweet Tangerine and I haven't even opened it yet. I also have VTA Orange Marmalade, FA Royal Orange, and that godawful Cap flavor that is supposed to be like a Creamsicle. With oranges, though, I almost always have to layer them, or I can't taste them at all. FA Citrus Mix or Inw Lemon Mix in a small amount will usually do the trick. Either of those flavors will bump up the tartness of citrus.

Isn't it funny how we're all so different?

I'll tell y'all one thing: I will be so DAYUM glad when I get through most of this store-bought juice so I can mix some of my own flavors again. Whatever possessed me to buy all this, I will never know.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick descriptions (without specific %)
Orange Creamsicle
CAP sweet tangerine (which is basically a "life savers" flavor but works great for this) 4%
SSA ice cream (and vanilla... the vanilla version was out of stock) 2.5%
1/1 ratio (not % but according to how you would mix as a solo flavor)

Lemon Meringue Cookie
JF lemon juicy + Cap italian lemon sicily (or whatever you have) 2% each
WF flapper pie (it's a light custard with meringue) 3%
PUR cookie (similar to FA cookie) 2.5%
1/1/0.5 ratio (treating the combined lemons as one)

Raspberry "Layer" Cake
SSA raspberry syrup 2%
JF yellow cake 5%
WF bavarian cream 3%
1/1/1 ratio

Peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafer (very complex and still working out ratios/%)
TFA DX peanut butter 2.5%
WF banana puree 3%
VT pudding base 3%
PUR cookie 2.5%
SSA vanilla 1.5%
Maybe some bavarian cream, light custard, ect to richen up the pudding base.
Sort of equal ratios but all at 1/2 of solo %

I don't keep good notes so this was actually better the first try... second try was off but still good (it's a work in progress) The other ones are really easy (just beware of using too much cookie... easy to add more but can't take it out if overdone)
EDIT: I added % (my best guess) I tend to mix too high... feel free to reduce the overall amounts.

I've been told I tend to mix high % so keep that in mind too.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Quick descriptions (without specific %)
Orange Creamsicle
CAP sweet tangerine (which is basically a "life savers" flavor but works great for this)
SSA ice cream (and vanilla... the vanilla version was out of stock)
1/1 ratio (not % but according to how you would mix as a solo flavor)

Lemon Meringue Cookie
JF lemon juicy + Cap italian lemon sicily (or whatever you have)
WF flapper pie (it's a light custard with meringue)
JF cookie (similar to FA cookie)
1/1/0.5 ratio (treating the combined lemons as one)

Raspberry "Layer" Cake
SSA raspberry syrup
JF yellow cake
WF bavarian cream
1/1/1 ratio

Peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafer (very complex and still working out ratios/%)
TFA DX peanut butter
WF banana puree
VT pudding base
JF cookie
SSA vanilla
Maybe some bavarian cream, light custard, ect to richen up the pudding base.
Sort of equal ratios but all at 1/2 of solo %

I don't keep good notes so this was actually better the first try... second try was off but still good (it's a work in progress) The other ones are really easy (just beware of using too much cookie... easy to add more but can't take it out if overdone)

I've been told I tend to mix high % so keep that in mind too.
I’m curious….do you have an account on ELR or ATF? Percentages make more sense to me, but you do you. For me, 1:1 ratios for most of the flavors you’ve mentioned doesn’t compute. Lol. I guess what I’m asking is….say the second recipe. You’re saying you do equal percentages(say 2%) of all the flavors each? That’s interesting. And the last recipe….you’re doing 1/2 of the single flavor recommended percentage?

Do you have FLV Vanilla Pudding? Might be good to add to the last recipe, for the creaminess you’re looking for.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wanted to post the recipes so people could get a quick look (was late and I was too tired to post % ...will do that soon) "ratios" are relative to how you would mix a flavor "solo" (like for a SFT) This always confuses people (maybe I should have just waited) Don't have accounts at ELR or ATF but visit those sites often.
I don't have FLV vanilla pudding (wish I did... would pair great with VT pudding base!)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
About 50/50 bar (creamsicle) It was just a quick thing I did to flashback on my childhood (I'm over 60 so back then they were the popsicle 50/50 bar... not real OJ, just "candy" like orange flavor so the CAP sweet tangerine fit. Creamsicle seems to have orange sherbet so a more realistic orange (If that's what you want, use a more realistic orange flavor)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe I should explain something... I have been doing DIY for almost 2 years and like to experiment. I only have less than 50 flavors (low budget but I try) I have done lots of research (hour and hours... more like months and months) Reddit, ELR, ATF, DIYorDie Noted (flavor review videos on YT) and input from people on forums (and of course, my own experience) I am very excited to be here.
I'm not here to brag, feed my ego (when you are over 60, you get over that) or pretend I am some expert. I mostly like helping "newbies". I feel there may be many more people seeking out advice about DIY and I'm here to help.
P.S. I won't mention "ratios" again... always confuses people (will wait and post recipes with actual %)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe I should explain something... I have been doing DIY for almost 2 years and like to experiment. I only have less than 50 flavors (low budget but I try) I have done lots of research (hour and hours... more like months and months) Reddit, ELR, ATF, DIYorDie Noted (flavor review videos on YT) and input from people on forums (and of course, my own experience) I am very excited to be here.
I'm not here to brag, feed my ego (when you are over 60, you get over that) or pretend I am some expert. I mostly like helping "newbies". I feel there may be many more people seeking out advice about DIY and I'm here to help.
P.S. I won't mention "ratios" again... always confuses people (will wait and post recipes with actual %)
That’s awesome! We’re glad you’re here. I’m sorry if I came across as ball busting. Wasn’t my intention. I’m just not great at math(lol). I rely on the calculators. And I think you’re right….anyone who wants to vape is gonna have to learn to DIY. Plenty of people are gonna need help soon enough.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That’s awesome! We’re glad you’re here. I’m sorry if I came across as ball busting. Wasn’t my intention. I’m just not great at math(lol). I rely on the calculators. And I think you’re right….anyone who wants to vape is gonna have to learn to DIY. Plenty of people are gonna need help soon enough.

Don't know about anyone else, but months ago I was just waiting for an influx of people who wanted/needed help with DIY. Seems that a lot of companies must be just ignoring the new laws, or the USPS isn't ready to enforce yet. If there does come a day though when no one can get flavored eliquid, I reckon we are bound to see some of them end up here. The rest will find the DIY or Die Facebook group. Imo, the advice there is sometimes good and sometimes not. But everyone's different, so I guess it's whatever floats yer boat. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I'm over 60 also, still inclined to brag a little when I come up with something great, but the truly great ones don't happen that often for me. Still, I learned just about everything I know about DIY from this thread and from Wayne Walker's YT videos. "Noted" gets too long-winded for me, besides which I think my taste buds are too old and damaged by smoking for me to really appreciate the subtle differences in, say, Cap Lemon Sicily vs. FA Lemon Sicily. I know when they fade, though, so I use FE Lemon and Inw Lemon Mix, because they don't.

We're always glad to have new members show up here, whether they are experienced or brand new or somewhere in between. Don't like that the thread has been as idle as it has over the last year or so. I freaked out a bit and bought up a bunch of pre-mixed juice from a sale I just couldn't resist, so at this point I haven't mixed anything much in a long time. But there will come a day that I'll get back to it, and you all will hear from me more then.

I should admit, though, that I'm the odd woman out here - I like flavors that not many people do, like anise, cinnamon, chocolate, and liquor/cocktail mixes. I have put Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie in every chocolate mix I've made, I think, so @wildgypsy70 and I have a running joke about that. But it never surprises me any more if others don't care for my mixes; I have figured out that my taster just isn't like most!

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I should admit, though, that I'm the odd woman out here - I like flavors that not many people do, like anise, cinnamon, chocolate, and liquor/cocktail mixes.
I like all of those! And yes, chocolate is a tricky one (adding FA coca always helps but then it's a coil clogger so I only use it for a RDA) Love FW licorice but for some reason can't vape rootbeer (even added ice cream but that didn't help)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm over 60 also, still inclined to brag a little when I come up with something great, but the truly great ones don't happen that often for me. Still, I learned just about everything I know about DIY from this thread and from Wayne Walker's YT videos. "Noted" gets too long-winded for me, besides which I think my taste buds are too old and damaged by smoking for me to really appreciate the subtle differences in, say, Cap Lemon Sicily vs. FA Lemon Sicily. I know when they fade, though, so I use FE Lemon and Inw Lemon Mix, because they don't.

We're always glad to have new members show up here, whether they are experienced or brand new or somewhere in between. Don't like that the thread has been as idle as it has over the last year or so. I freaked out a bit and bought up a bunch of pre-mixed juice from a sale I just couldn't resist, so at this point I haven't mixed anything much in a long time. But there will come a day that I'll get back to it, and you all will hear from me more then.

I should admit, though, that I'm the odd woman out here - I like flavors that not many people do, like anise, cinnamon, chocolate, and liquor/cocktail mixes. I have put Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie in every chocolate mix I've made, I think, so @wildgypsy70 and I have a running joke about that. But it never surprises me any more if others don't care for my mixes; I have figured out that my taster just isn't like most!
Dude, I am still working on that Golden Ticket remix. Star of the show? Caps CFB. Always.😂

VU Sponsors