Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person and text

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text

Does anyone remember?

I do! :) Easter eggs!

I had several, and used to make them, for myself and friends. I took a leathercrafting class in 4-H when I was 11 or 12 and man, I was makin' key holders and belts like nobody's business! LOL! I wish I still had some of them. I gave them all away.

I did, even in the kitchen, although they were meant for camping and on-the-go. Those look like Sugar Pops, one of my favorites. :)

I can remember these prices, even a bit cheaper

May be an image of text

Me, too. I wasn't driving yet, but my dad would stop in at the Awful Bros. gas station (that was the real name) to get gas and cigarettes. The gas was 25 cents a gallon and cigs were 25 cents a pack.

Who can remember usin one of these

No photo description available.

I wish I still had my old egg beater. I use a fork and do a good job, but the beater was so much easier, LOL! Course, it was more to clean up afterward, too. ;)

A P-91! I think that's what they were called. I never got the hang of using that particular can opener, but my dad was an expert. He served in Korea for a few years, though, and he had to learn to use it or go hungry.

YES! It made us feel famous for someone on the radio to actually say our name! We called all the time, made pests of ourselves, I'm sure.
Who remembers these crazy things

May be a black-and-white image of 2 people and child

HIPPETY-HOPS! I had one. :)

Who remembers this

May be an image of leather wallet and saddle-stitched leather

It's a compact. Mirror on the flip up side, pressed powder (to powder one's nose) on the bottom with a little powder pad to apply it.

May be an image of 4 people and text

I love the old primetime players, real comedy

The only SNL worth watching, if you ask me. They were just FUNNY, no "strings" attached. Land Shark! OMG. I used to laugh so hard watching these.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Who remembers when kids slides looked like this

May be an image of 15 people
I barely recall a BIG kinda slide, it was all made out of logs, climb up one side on the logs, sit down at the top of it, then kinda slide down, it was so very bumpy going down, but so so fun! It was at Gage Park in Topeka KS. All the children loved it, but whomever decided it was just too dangerous for the children, grrrr, they took it down.
Did, or does, anyone else remember having one in your park?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not one made outta logs but there was a real big one in a park across the river. It's gone too, never gave much thought as to why but more than likely it was the same reason some fun killer thought it might be to dangerous, crazy

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh, no! I missed two? Where did I get P91, I wonder? Oh, it's probably some kind of gun. Well, I got the P part right, LOL!

The travel alarm clock stumped me, but I guess if I had noticed how thick it was, I wouldn't have guessed compact. My nana had a compact that was square and almost that exact same color and finish, but it was thinner. I had a little one when I was a kid, but it was round. I never carried one as an adult - maybe they'd fallen out of common use by then.

I had no clue on the window weights, but I should have. Now that I know what they are, I think I remember seeing them when I was very small. Back when I used to lick the lead paint on the grandparent's windowsills to get a "buzz" on my tongue. Ah, those were the days, eh? At least I didn't stick a fork in an outlet.

VU Sponsors