Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
F6_A10_B2_F-8_C9_C-43_F3-_AD9_A-77_B64_A118_A1_F.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
GUS 2.2 (my first mech), received today, with Cthulhu Hastur Mini MTL RTA:

DSC_0053b.JPG
Sweet.... I never tried a tube mod in years of vaping.... I saw a kid that blew his mouth up with a copper tube mod 26650 cell... Small tube.... He got me into vaping about 5 years ago..... I was skeptical after that.......and still am..... These tube mods are for the real pro builder.......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sweet.... I never tried a tube mod in years of vaping.... I saw a kid that blew his mouth up with a copper tube mod 26650 cell... Small tube.... He got me into vaping about 5 years ago..... I was skeptical after that.......and still am..... These tube mods are for the real pro builder.......

This one has got a fuse in the 510 connection, which I think is really neat and takes some of the risks away. Also, my builds are boring (MTL) for most recent batteries :) But of course you're right... mechs are higher risk. Gotta treat them with respect and take all possible precautions!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've got a hybrid X1 by Vaperz Cloud #0025 with X1 matching atty. I use it for cloud competitions. And yes, you MUST be quite careful and knowledgeable when building on it. This is the build I put in it for competing. 5.5 wrap Mohawk Aliens.
e6a49fea7ecaf63f080b1b49d42617d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one has got a fuse in the 510 connection, which I think is really neat and takes some of the risks away. Also, my builds are boring (MTL) for most recent batteries :) But of course you're right... mechs are higher risk. Gotta treat them with respect and take all possible precautions!
The most important thing is inspect your battery wraps in order to prevent a hard short. That's where you get into trouble.

That being said, that fuse is a nice safety feature. What's the Amp limit on the fuse that came with yours? Mine is a 12a.

Sent from the Death Star

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a hybrid X1 by Vaperz Cloud #0025 with X1 matching atty. I use it for cloud competitions. And yes, you MUST be quite careful and knowledgeable when building on it. This is the build I put in it for competing. 5.5 wrap Mohawk Aliens.
e6a49fea7ecaf63f080b1b49d42617d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Dang nice Mohawks.....

I put these in my Titan 41mm and The 41mm Voltrove Tanks they are SS 316L 5mm/10 wraps ..... They ohm out for a pair ..... 1.25 ohms... Gotta hit them with 300 watts......
b3be3eb0947f8efe007a12e31ef5203a.jpg

Gotta push them with a 6s Lipo NLPWM......
dc4d6827281c991e74c4b7f47fe19a0f.jpg

Last edited:

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The most important thing is inspect your battery wraps in order to prevent a hard short. That's where you get into trouble.

That being said, that fuse is a nice safety feature. What's the Amp limit on the fuse that came with yours? Mine is a 12a.

Sent from the Death Star

Of course the wraps are super important! I rewrap them as soon as I see something that even looks remotely like a mark... Bit paranoid, which isn't a bad thing in terms of safety :)

The fuse is 12A as well. And they gave me 5 spares, all 12A, for free with my order.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course the wraps are super important! I rewrap them as soon as I see something that even looks remotely like a mark... Bit paranoid, which isn't a bad thing in terms of safety :)

The fuse is 12A as well. And they gave me 5 spares, all 12A, for free with my order.
Oh I wasn't trying to be all preachy lol. It was more for general benefit since Manny said he'd never had a mech before. I compare it to a sharp chef knife... you shouldn't be afraid of it but you should treat it with respect for what it is and use it properly.

My Gus came with the same package in way of the fuses. I have to give credit to So619Cal for the advice on these. They're so nice and very reasonably priced consider g they're on the high end of things!

Sent from the Death Star

lucifah

Shinyitis Victim
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Oh I wasn't trying to be all preachy lol. It was more for general benefit since Manny said he'd never had a mech before. I compare it to a sharp chef knife... you shouldn't be afraid of it but you should treat it with respect for what it is and use it properly.

My Gus came with the same package in way of the fuses. I have to give credit to So619Cal for the advice on these. They're so nice and very reasonably priced consider g they're on the high end of things!

Sent from the Death Star

Didn't take it in a preachy way, just expressing my agreement with what you said! :cheers:
You got a GUS following @So619Cal 's advice as well? Is he getting referral rewards? :teehee: In any case, credits where credits are due. Another beer for him! :cheers:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't take it in a preachy way, just expressing my agreement with what you said! :cheers:
You got a GUS following @So619Cal 's advice as well? Is he getting referral rewards? :teehee: In any case, credits where credits are due. Another beer for him! :cheers:
Oh man! We've got a shill among us! Can't say I blame him though. I'd do the same for a discount with them haha!

Sent from the Death Star

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

No no, credit isn't mine who started this train ride... it was @anavidfan ... I was looking at mechs one day, and I came across her pictures and it was over from that moment for me. ;)

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went DEEP into the vape drawer to find this little guy. Awesome combo!
Built the Tug to 0.36 and its damn near perfect with the airflow wide open...

Enjoying some Samoa that @bx10r was kind enough to share with me. Tasty!
42dc0896254d6f1933d8aa6d2b258d80.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
Told ya..hit the flavor target imo...
Me? Drippin some ugly butter on the Hex tonight
81ca8f016d66ec9d37f5baf9dd9ed718.jpg

Sent from a very cloudy room

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You love those bakery flavors huh? I can only take so much at a time lol

Sent from the Death Star
Nooo..im a candy guy. Just running low til my order gets here tueas so vaping the back ups in the evenings so i use the good stuff when out. Lol

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You love those bakery flavors huh? I can only take so much at a time lol

Sent from the Death Star
Im a gummy bear/worm addict and 3 yrs vaping..have yet to find one that makes my eyes roll back..lol or skittles

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im a gummy bear/worm addict and 3 yrs vaping..have yet to find one that makes my eyes roll back..lol or skittles

There seem to be a lot of Swedish fish vapes out there. Would that do it?

Sent from the Death Star

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Went DEEP into the vape drawer to find this little guy. Awesome combo!
Built the Tug to 0.36 and its damn near perfect with the airflow wide open...

Enjoying some Samoa that @bx10r was kind enough to share with me. Tasty!
42dc0896254d6f1933d8aa6d2b258d80.jpg

Sent from the Death Star
Great looking combo, dig the SS stingray!.

Another great blast from the past, OG Lemo. Hard to find online these days, for cheap anyway. On vacation ATM a local vape store had a stash of them letting them go for 14$ each, picked up a couple spares :)
D8_A277_D4-18_CC-4_E43-8_CF7-851604_B00947.jpg

VU Sponsors