The Official #HandCheck Thread

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fasttech. I got lucky with that one. The pic made it look blue so I thought it would match my Luna. Since it fits my pumpers so well, I wish I bought 2.
I wish you had bought 3 or 4 so I could have bought one from you. LOL. I found them and it said "in stock" now when I check it says ships in 5 days......(which means NEVER! ) I have played that game with them before. Gonna just cancel the order. BAH

hmmm just looked again and now it says "packaging" maybe I got the last one. Fingers crossed!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First try win! Wicked it like a subtank mini. Woot! May have built a bit too low for my 18mg juice though. She's packin' a punch! lol

View attachment 169661
Been putting mine through the wringer. Honesty I don't think you can wick it wrong unless you really, really try. What af are you using? I started with 2× 1.5. That is the loosest mtl I have tried, but was still really good, imho. I put the 2× .8 in, and the thing is off the charts. The draw is perfect for me, just amazing how smooth the vape is, and the flavor just don't stop..... although not cheap, this might be the single best purchase I have ever made...

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been putting mine through the wringer. Honesty I don't think you can wick it wrong unless you really, really try. What af are you using? I started with 2× 1.5. That is the loosest mtl I have tried, but was still really good, imho. I put the 2× .8 in, and the thing is off the charts. The draw is perfect for me, just amazing how smooth the vape is, and the flavor just don't stop..... although not cheap, this might be the single best purchase I have ever made...

I was a little concerned with my wicking when I filled it. So many bubbles it looked like I put Ginger Ale in there. lol. I just left whatever size af came in it for now. Figured I'd try it that way first. This one is a little tight for my liking but still pretty awesome. Good part of having 2, I can set up the other and compare to find a sweet spot. This will likely be one of those cases where a clone makes me buy an authentic, or two. Now I want the DL version. lol

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The clones I bought don't list a manufacturer. The one that came with all the tanks seems to be okay. The one that came with the af inserts may be a different story. Threads are pretty chunky. I have to use a vape band to get enough grip to open it up and the glass doesn't sit quite right. I can feel quite a bit of overhang on one side. I'll have to try the tank sections from the other on it when I toss a build in.
It was only like $32 for the pair so I can't complain. Not to mention, clones can be risky business. lol

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess I've been real lucky on the ones I've bought. I only have the one that was wonky. All the others have been above par compared to the reviews I've read on them. All interchange with authentic perfectly. I removed all the markings from the clones so I don't get confused with the authentics I have.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last walk...got this fallout on trade. Its a banger..
6811725313fc25c15be094fb8c3aedce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Carnage on the Complyfe tonight. I like this RDA, but struggle to love. I have a .18 fused clapton built in there. Always open to suggestions :)
View attachment 169741

Staged coil, maybe a 3x28/38 wrapped parallel with 24ga? N80 or SS. Still my favorites, even after trying aliens.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Carnage on the Complyfe tonight. I like this RDA, but struggle to love. I have a .18 fused clapton built in there. Always open to suggestions :)
View attachment 169741
It's designed to be used with the type of coil builds that are in a whole different league altogether, when it comes to the wattage number. So much so, even building as low as .11 ohms (i.e., dual coil aliens 27/36 Ni80 at 5 wraps 2.5mm ID, identical to the ones that you can order from here and here) on a single battery mech is only just BEGINNING to do this RDA justice IME. For reasons that should be entirely obvious, I'm not pointing at you here, but... many who have given up on this RDA in the past don't seem to grok the simple fact that not all RDAs out there are actually intended for low or medium power vaping, and that this is so, regardless of who likes and who doesn't like vaping at high or very high power.

By far the easiest way to learn basic truths like this is to never listen to arrogant noobs who very clearly haven't a clue what they are talking about. These people will essentially continue to knock on anything that they never actually tried, as they lack the brains to try it─and that is putting it mildly. It's not rocket science. My being experienced in this particular area of vaping doesn't make me feel like I am a superior person. It's just a preference, but it is a preference that is founded on real comparisons rather than some ramblings on the internet by a certain member of the forum who doesn't know a thing about high powered vaping on what I ike to describe as "angry" coil builds. They are the type of builds that make RDAs that belong in this specific category truly shine. Just to give you only one example of what I am referring to, below is a pic of what I use daily in my Purge black ultem Carnage 1.5 RDA. It's a .25 ohms build (dual coil aliens 29/36 Ni80 at 7 wraps 3mm ID), and that I am vaping on my Purge Side Piece Slim with a pair of Samsung 20S batteries as I'm typing this.

29g aliens.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my Purge black ultem Carnage 1.5 RDA. It's a .25 ohms build (dual coil aliens 29/36 Ni80 at 7 wraps 3mm ID), and that I am vaping on my Purge Side Piece Slim with a pair of Samsung 20S batteries as I'm typing this.
That is rockin HARD dude. Like REALLY hard :eek: Even with what looks like probably 4 cores in there. Yer gonna die :D

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is rockin HARD dude. Like REALLY hard :eek: Even with what looks like probably 4 cores in there. Yer gonna die :D
They're only 3 cores. 29g Ni80. It isn't a hot vape by any means, BUT... if your plan is to inhale too slow, then yeah. It's gonna kill ya, and it's gonna kill ya until yer dead. :p

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never put mine in squonk mode. that looks cool. Going to have to try it soon as i recover from vacation!
I really enjoy it this way. I have the postless deck with the squonk pin but you can do it with the mesh deck of course. I guess if you are recovering that means you had a good vacation???? :)

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I really enjoy it this way. I have the postless deck with the squonk pin but you can do it with the mesh deck of course. I guess if you are recovering that means you had a good vacation???? :)
Ended up cutting and splitting wood for 4 days with my cousin.
That's all she has to heat with up north.
Other than that, ate a ton of good food and kept the distilleries in business.

VU Sponsors