Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That Double R, cause i hate red
4c80b835e60f0ba291f2c33fefe7a4d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Atom w/ Themis dual aliens - @gsmit1 was definitely right about the 7mm legs, flavor for days w/ Vapetasia Killer Kustard
b30b78105482e1cd94701d4dff804288.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't lie to ya :D This is one one atty where leg length and coil placement are the difference between awesome and sitting in the drawer.

If you go back and watch the reviews at the time you'll even see it there. Some are talking about killer flavor and some are saying very muted. THAT'S the difference. I know it is.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One thing about the Themis though is that it wants lower resistance, higher power builds and between that and the design, it chugs juice like there is absolutely no tomorrow. lol.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is not shit. But it is not great.
I could see how it could have some cons for some people. Sharp edges, Distinctly right handed configuration and especially the manually adjustable 510.

The sharp boxy feel doesn't bother me. I actually like the ledges on the top and bottom. I would have preferred a more neutral shape and I'm not nuts about the 510, but I still really like it.

What are your reservations?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't lie to ya :D This is one one atty where leg length and coil placement are the difference between awesome and sitting in the drawer.

If you go back and watch the reviews at the time you'll even see it there. Some are talking about killer flavor and some are saying very muted. THAT'S the difference. I know it is.
On the particular subject of reviews and the importance of coil placement in addition to trying various options that are relevant to compare because they are interlinked─such as, trying different airflow adjustments in cohort with different coil placement decisions. Mike Vapes is a rare example of a reviewer who, at least in part, seems to understand that importance. That is, even though I don't always agree with his conclusions often for the fact he tends to use different coil types for making different atomizer reviews so... not much of a reference point in this regard. Also, it has been shown elsewhere that perceived awesomeness is perceived differently when making comparisons if the points of reference are different, especially in those specific situations where variable performance is what's responsible for obscuring real differences. To find out what exactly it is that I am talking about here, please see page 11 in this document:

Variable performance drowns out small differences in a pool of 'noise' causing true high end products to be perceived like they all perform essentially the same or still close enough to get the anti-nitpicking police to crawl out of the woordwork. The problem at hand is that most people compare stuff in such an ignorant and/or clumsy way that that's what causes performance to be variable enough for it to qualify easily as the main explanation why they can't for the life of 'em taste the difference between a mediocre performing atomizer─that, although not bad either, is really nothing special─and the true high-end-performance league of atomizers. Yes, of course there will always be those who are going to exaggerate small differences like outlined in the paper I previously linked, but that's another problem, and, if you look at vaping as a culinary experience or art, that's when you'll realize soon enough that art is the kind of place where subtle details either make it or break it. Bottom line, Albert Einstein had it right, quote:

"Keep it as simple as possible. But not simpler."

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yea I had a half moon and they are great mods. That one looks so much better than the blue one I had. If I had that color I might still have it. Well maybe not. Yall know me. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Yeah, we sure do. You and @gadget! and your Sellers' Remorse. :hug:

Actually I thought your blue one was beautiful. Do they do them in red? I bet red would be drop-dead gorgeous. Purple, too.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Actually I thought your blue one was beautiful. Do they do them in red? I bet red would be drop-dead gorgeous. Purple, too.
Sellers remorse happens all too often. That's how I've ended up with numerous billet boxes.
Hell one time I built an orca squonk and sold it. Watched it move around a few locations then bought it back.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sellers remorse happens all too often. That's how I've ended up with numerous billet boxes.
Hell one time I built an orca squonk and sold it. Watched it move around a few locations then bought it back.

Good for you. Good you had that opportunity.

I have trouble letting go of stuff, so I know good and well if I ever built a mod myself, it would never go anywhere.

Well actually, that's not exactly true. I can give stuff away to somebody who needs something, but sell stuff? Highly HIGHLY unlikely.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you. Good you had that opportunity.

I have trouble letting go of stuff, so I know good and well if I ever built a mod myself, it would never go anywhere.

Well actually, that's not exactly true. I can give stuff away to somebody who needs something, but sell stuff? Highly HIGHLY unlikely.
I just pif a clone limelight and an authentic to a friend on another last week

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
They made a red/white marbled one. It was awesome. I think they are done making the squonks though :(

Sounds beautiful. I wanted one of those squonks so bad since I saw one the first time. But...

I think they made their squonkers out of the same resin as their drip tips, right? The one HMM drip tip I have, well, meh. I was really disappointed. The colors in it are really drab and the material feels a little cheap. If I'd spent $180 on a squonker and the material was like this drip tip, I think the top of my head would blow off.

AHD makes great drip tips, and I think she's still doing some, but the one Siam tip I bought is my favorite. I want more. :)

ETA: OMG that IS beautiful! Shee-yut!!! lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds beautiful. I wanted one of those squonks so bad since I saw one the first time. But...

I think they made their squonkers out of the same resin as their drip tips, right? The one HMM drip tip I have, well, meh. I was really disappointed. The colors in it are really drab and the material feels a little cheap. If I'd spent $180 on a squonker and the material was like this drip tip, I think the top of my head would blow off.

AHD makes great drip tips, and I think she's still doing some, but the one Siam tip I bought is my favorite. I want more. :)

I have the inferno (I think they call it) orange/black and the DT. Color of the mod is much more vibrant than the DT IIRC, would have to check. Not squonking much atm, but always loved that mod.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Honestly, I agree that $180 for one of these is a bit much BUTTTT they had a fantastic Black Friday sale last year for $100 off and i jumped haha... definitely worth the $80.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

They do have a red. The blue I had actually had sparkles in it when in the sun. It was definitely a looker. Can't remember what I wanted to buy but I'm sure it was nice. Lol.
And I'm pretty sure they all come with a matching drip tip
8806adf813e40741e8c4e6e96069634a.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

It's acrylic, which feels like hard plastic, and, similar to ultem these days, is a highly popular material choice among people who buy aftermarket drip tips. My HMM drip tip collection is actually worth a lot more than $180, like, almost double that amount. They're handcrafted in the USA. Over here they normally sell for 20 Euros each. I use the FatBastahd ones─that are standard height 810 ones with no o-rings─and the low profile versions of that. Here's an older pic of how the Tiger colored one looks like on my Culverin RDA in hybrid mode on my Mathew Hagermann hand engraved Admiral 2 of 5 mech mod... AFAIK Mathew was made in USA also.

Hagermann Admiral.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'd love to have a few Siam tips. But sadly I don't think I have anything they would look good on anymore. That dwarv dl would've been great with a Siam tip.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's acrylic, which feels like hard plastic, and, similar to ultem these days, is a highly popular material choice among people who buy aftermarket drip tips. My HMM drip tip collection is actually worth a lot more than $180, like, almost double that amount. They're handcrafted in the USA. Over here they normally sell for 20 Euros each. I use the FatBastahd ones─that are standard height 810 ones with no o-rings─and the low profile versions of that. Here's an older pic of how the Tiger colored one looks like on my Culverin RDA in hybrid mode on my Mathew Hagermann hand engraved Admiral 2 of 5 mech mod... AFAIK Mathew was made in USA also.

View attachment 171671
Man what a great looking mod.
And yes Mathew was more than likely constructed in the USA. Lol. But hell we both know I don't know shit.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could see how it could have some cons for some people. Sharp edges, Distinctly right handed configuration and especially the manually adjustable 510.

The sharp boxy feel doesn't bother me. I actually like the ledges on the top and bottom. I would have preferred a more neutral shape and I'm not nuts about the 510, but I still really like it.

What are your reservations?
Just little things that could be refined IMO (I vape it left hand fine BTW)

Squishy fire button
Broad 510. I prefer manual anyway, but with the width of the thread, RDA often wiggles loose in my pocket
Bottle is proprietary. It is soft enough, but not very responsive. Doesn't feed much for the equivalent squeeze on other squonkers.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just little things that could be refined IMO (I vape it left hand fine BTW)

Squishy fire button
Broad 510. I prefer manual anyway, but with the width of the thread, RDA often wiggles loose in my pocket
Bottle is proprietary. It is soft enough, but not very responsive. Doesn't feed much for the equivalent squeeze on other squonkers.
I'm right handed, but I vape with my left hand. I got used to it too, but I have to flip it around to squonk. No big deal.

Just shows how people are different. I like the button :)

I find that every squonker, especially ones with proprietary bottles, requires it's own level of "enthusiasm" to get the juice into the deck. I can see how this one could be an irritation for some.

As for the 510, I don't know what's happening there. I haven't carried mine around, but I have used it alot since I got it and haven't noticed that. I don't know.

VU Sponsors