The Official #HandCheck Thread

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
This thing hits like a beast. $25 very well spent.
View attachment 168832
Those are great mods. I had a purple one. Wish I still had it.
This one used to be purple
c0eaf8c865f846b8bc86bb9c94fb31de.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have their mesh strip in there, but it is designed like the Profile RDTA where it can take regular coils natively too. So far, it's good. I've only tried the mesh, but it's as good as my other mesh atties.

I mean it's not blow your socks off awesome and neither are there any glaring cons. It's a good mesh rda that's built well for 12 bucks. Next I'll throw the included coils in it. They sure give you a ton of extras.
3efbd2306c5331ef50af4a8232b03ff1.jpg

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have their mesh strip in there, but it is designed like the Profile RDTA where it can take regular coils natively too. So far, it's good. I've only tried the mesh, but it's as good as my other mesh atties.

I mean it's not blow your socks off awesome and neither are there any glaring cons. It's a good mesh rda that's built well for 12 bucks. Next I'll throw the included coils in it. They sure give you a ton of extras.
View attachment 168937

Mine still hasn't shipped. The mod coming from China shipped the next day. Guess it's time to complain. :giggle:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine still hasn't shipped. The mod coming from China shipped the next day. Guess it's time to complain. :giggle:
It won't close any gaping holes in your inventory, but it's well worth the purchase.

I have a feeling that actually shipping an item post PMTA is what these domestic vendors are afraid of. Taking an order is one thing, but once you actually put it in the mail you have shipped a potentially illegal product across state lines.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It won't close any gaping holes in your inventory, but it's well worth the purchase.

I have a feeling that actually shipping an item post PMTA is what these domestic vendors are afraid of. Taking an order is one thing, but once you actually put it in the mail you have shipped a potentially illegal product across state lines.

That's possible. My guess is it's just a screw up on their part since I made one purchase from 2 whse's. It's an assumption based on the order date was the 8th, the mod shipped from China on the 9th but the RDA still shows as "pending". For all I know, the US whse may never have received the order.

I've had more bad luck with vape vendors in the past month than the rest of the 11 yrs I've been vaping. :giggle:

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally, one of my fave mods is back in action after being sidelined like 2 years ago. Fresh wiring and a board upgrade to dna60 means I'll be moonrakin' for a long time to come...

Also included in my package from Italy were some new fire buttons for the kompakt (which was also out-of-action from a wise decision to take it on dog walk). It's crazy how expensive international shipping is. The cost of repairing the moonraker, installing a new dan60 board, and the e8 kompakt buttons, was the same as the cost of shipping (dhl) to Italy. Yet, the cost of shipping (dhl) back to me was a fraction of my cost. What is required to achieve this lower cost? I assume a business account of sorts, which probably requires a tax ID or something, and perhaps a minimum of shipments per some period? Anyone know?

20200913_225817.jpg
20200910_171620.jpg20200913_203657.jpg20200913_225817.jpg

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone have one of these dotmod keys for the dotsquonk to remove the 510?Screenshot_2020-08-25-00-33-57-733_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The me
Does anyone have one of these dotmod keys for the dotsquonk to remove the 510?View attachment 169028

the mech version. You don't need a key. There's a clip inside you pop out and it comes apart that way. I'll take some pics. I know @Huckleberried had to replace one she got. Trying to get a pic or two for you. She contacted dotmod direct and they sent her a diagram I believe

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The silver clip is what to remove. My bad that's just the inner tube. Sorry about that. But that may be a step.
5967ea3b030e1ffc2127780eab2cb39d.jpg
be129ec9d0c59dafb61941a94bc47236.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The silver clip is what to remove. My bad that's just the inner tube. Sorry about that. But that may be a step.

Sent from a pile of wood chips
No I'm trying to take the full 510 plate out. I have tons of juice getting up around it and coming out of the button so I want to break it down to clean it

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's two versions of the switch for this mod. The first one sometimes the end of spring would dig into the housing from the inside causing obvious problems. I have that version, but haven't had that problem thus far.

Actually @SnapDragon NY was the one who sent hers to Dotmod and they replaced her old one with the new version. Well maybe Huck did too, :) but I know @SnapDragon NY did. Pretty cheap too as I recall.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No I'm trying to take the full 510 plate out. I have tons of juice getting up around it and coming out of the button so I want to break it down to clean it
I don't remember if I ever succeeded in getting that out. The only Dot tool I've seen is for the 24mm rda, but I got my Dotsquonk from a guy on Craigslist so maybe he lost it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far, yes, I'm digging it! Little flavor banger!
This was an awesome gift from @MyMagicMist that I received some time ago. I just now got around to cleaning it up and trying it out.
It is indeed. The airflow is unique. Perfect restriction for itself wide open (for me anyway) and "smooth" in a weird way that's not smooth like the smooth airflow on other RDAs is smooth. Tough to describe. :huh:

VU Sponsors