Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just thinking, what's in it. Rat black BB. Vape smugglers green/black button. Smugglers green/black/silver tip. Vapeology green screw set. Vapeology white screw set. FF ultem inners. Mums green glass panels. FF sticker. SXK ultem boro. SXK Xeta. Skull Kandy dry plug. Cheeky Vape green screen. Cheeky Vape clear control gasket. SXK black boro gasket. Meet my obsession :crazy::inlove:
16001484804171367093366.jpg
1600148550838744080953.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never sent my mod off to DotMod, but they did set me up with a squonk tube, the metal one. What I'd like to be able to do is get that 510 plate really clean, though, with out damaging it. It looks pitted.

If I remember correctly, when @SnapDragon NY sent hers in for service, she got it back really quickly. I should email them and ask about cleaning. I just don't want to eff it up. They have a chick in customer service, I think her name is Whitney, that is a real gem.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
If I remember correctly, when @SnapDragon NY sent hers in for service, she got it back really quickly. I should email them and ask about cleaning. I just don't want to eff it up. They have a chick in customer service, I think her name is Whitney, that is a real gem.

Wow good memory Huck-
Yes I contacted Dotmod customer service by email in May and got a quick response from Whitney( she is awesome) some of the best customer service I have ever had to deal with-
I was having trouble with the fire button on my new (purchased in Feb 2020) Dotsquonk. I sent pictures of what was happening and I needed to show my receipt of purchase, used my invoice from EVcigarettes and copy and pasted onto the email. Whitney told me where to send mine for repair.
I sent in in to my Dot on my dime- but everything else was free even their return shipping. They fixed it the same day they received it and shipped right back out to me, during Covid lockdown which is amazing, I think the whole process took a week or so mainly because of shipping. They installed a whole new different style assembly in mine, works way better now.
Before- wire there in the white plastic would glow red when I pushed the fire button, I took out the squonk pin and c-clamp on the 2nd picture to show them the exposed wire- yikes

20200504_130123-jpg.160143

20200504_164902-jpg.160164

After repair- completely new style assembly

20200514_193749-jpg.160983

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow good memory Huck-
Yes I contacted Dotmod customer service by email in May and got a quick response from Whitney( she is awesome) some of the best customer service I have ever had to deal with-
I was having trouble with the fire button on my new (purchased in Feb 2020) Dotsquonk. I sent pictures of what was happening and I needed to show my receipt of purchase. I sent in in to Dot on my dime- but everything else was free even their return shipping. They fixed it the same day they received it and shipped right back out to me, during Covid lockdown which is amazing, I think the whole process took a week or so mainly because of shipping. They installed a whole new different style assembly in mine, works way better now.
Before- wire there in the white plastic would glow red when I pushed the fire button, I took out the squonk pin and c-clamp to show them the exposed wire- yikes

20200504_164902-jpg.160164

After repair- completely new assembly

20200514_193749-jpg.160983
Wow, that's pretty frightening. I hope they're able to stick around with all this going on. Their customer service is truly great.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Wow, that's pretty frightening. I hope they're able to stick around with all this going on. Their customer service is truly great.

It was scary watching when I took the cover off to see when I hit the fire button that little nub of wire was touching the c-clamp and glowing red- I didn't want to put the battery back in after that, but got good pictures of that little nub of wire.
Yes Dotmod is a top notch company and Whitney was truly wonderful and hope somehow they are able to continue on. Mine was fixed the day they got it and shipped right out that same day.
I believe there are some You Tube videos on how to clean the squonk assembly, plus I think on the Dotmod site too, mine clearly was not a cleaning or leaking issue. I had problems getting mine to fire right from day one,but works great now.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Picked up a couple of Athena squonk kits, silver and black. Got a narda clone from 3f and giving it a road test.
839113a6ae83ec61ac54bea5b599e801.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
Great little devices. Been using mine at work for 2 years now.
Use a little dab of dielectric grease on the firing bar and 510 where it makes connection and you won't have much arcing at all.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WAIT A MINUTE!!!

That must be somebody else's hand.
No, my UD Sifu-B Tab is not broken yet. Just wanted to have a spare ohms reader on hand. At least this one allows me to dry fire those beefier coil builds below .1 ohms at a high enough power level before I move them onto my mech... I thought this was obvious from my previous post in the thread,

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, my UD Sifu-B Tab is not broken yet. Just wanted to have a spare ohms reader on hand. At least this one allows me to dry fire those beefier coil builds below .1 ohms at a high enough power level before I move them onto my mech... I thought this was obvious from my previous post in the thread,
Whew!! Wondered what the world was coming to.
Back to normal. :gaah:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the krma loaded up and been squonking it since last night. Love it so far. Not a fan of the flimsy plastic cap but the flavor is great.
On another note I loaded up one of the Athena rda's with a single coil and very surprised at the flavor I'm getting with it. Most rda's I've tried with that sized of cap never had much flavor and always way to much air for liking. Wonder if it is because of the top air flow. I don't know.
83ce7bdc8b8d3828324863d69749b925.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can't fool me bub!

The cat is outta the bag.

I bet you have a full collection of secret Smok mods over there :D

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Great little devices. Been using mine at work for 2 years now.
Use a little dab of dielectric grease on the firing bar and 510 where it makes connection and you won't have much arcing at all.
Yes they are. I love the one you sent me. It is perfect for short trips to the store etc. But I use it here at home also.

VU Sponsors