Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That
I've gotten abuncha vape mail, but have been too busy and lazy to get many pix.
This week:
33 bottles of juice from EJS.

Then 20 more bottles of Bantam Fruity Rainbow Crunch for 50 cents apiece from EJS.

A Smok Big Baby Beast and a Cloud Beast King. Man I forgot how monstrous the CBK is. (And quite appropriately named too)

A Mechlyfe Slatra RTA. (Don't bother)

Some odd gauge Ni 80, even gauge Ni90 along with some more high gauge SS wire from Lightning.

From Reddit:
A copper Timesvape Dreamer and a SS Coilturd RDA for Vaping.

A 24 and 25mm one each 2 post Kennedy RDAs

Today I got a Digiflavor Siren V2 and a Ghoul from @dubya314 :)

Also a Black Axial and a Reload X and S RDA one each from @VinnySem :)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something/s
That's only half of what @Just Frankprobably got in today!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This week:

Then 20 more bottles of Bantam Fruity Rainbow Crunch for 50 cents apiece from EJS.

A Smok Big Baby Beast and a Cloud Beast King. Man I forgot how monstrous the CBK is. (And quite appropriately named too)

Some odd gauge Ni 80, even gauge Ni90 along with some more high gauge SS wire from Lightning.

From Reddit:

I'm glad the fruity rainbow crunch is good. I got 45 bottles of it. Lol.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Compliments of @Joeharley17
He was also nice enough to send 5 26650 batteries along with these, including a married set for the stacked Mech!View attachment 170248View attachment 170248View attachment 170248
The 99 is still one of my old favorites and that I got soon after it came out. How is the o-ring inside the button? I had to replace it in mine because it was a bit on the tight side. I also have the Mathew Hagermann hand engraved edition of this mod, 2 of 3.

The 99 Mathew Hagermann.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This week:

From Reddit:

Light week?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That fruity rainbow crunch was just unreal. It's not the best I have ever had, but it is damn good, imho. Starting to wonder if I should have grabbed 80 something bottles instead of 40 something. FWIW, the apple pear is also really good, again imho. Strawberry sour daiquiri eh, and sour revenge a little less eh. Good thing for me is just some good ole menthol to tame down profiles I don't overly care for, and good to go :bingo:

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ther Kayfun Lite 2019 Edition Verdict: It's OK, not the best Kayfun out there - and definitely NOT the MTL atomizer for everyone.

I say this because when I pit the Kayfun Prime, the QP Gata, and the Kayfun Lite 2019 head to head - in my opinion, the Prime and the Gata deliver better flavor than the KFL-19.

The Gata is more affordable, a lot more forgiving, and the Prime's juice flow system is superior to the KFL-19.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ther Kayfun Lite 2019 Edition Verdict: It's OK, not the best Kayfun out there - and definitely NOT the MTL atomizer for everyone.

I say this because when I pit the Kayfun Prime, the QP Gata, and the Kayfun Lite 2019 head to head - in my opinion, the Prime and the Gata deliver better flavor than the KFL-19.

The Gata is more affordable, a lot more forgiving, and the Prime's juice flow system is superior to the KFL-19.
It sounds like you should sell the 2019 then :wave::yes:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I was done too until @debinnv enabled me about the Vapor Range sale. Ordered a bunch of stuff almost 3 weeks ago.
USPS has been giving it the grand tour of the West coast for the last 2 weeks though. I might get it next week.

What? I ordered a Minikin 2 from them and it was here in 3 days (in Virginia). WTH is wrong with the postal service these days? Congress needs to give them some money! Apparently they need it badly.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might be done as well. Not because I want to be, but this is just getting ridiculous. I placed an order at Innovapes for a set of billet panels. 2 freakin pieces of plastic. That is it. Nothing else with the order. I went through the age verification bs placing the order. Just got an email from them saying I need to send a picture of my license and CC for further age verification. FOR TWO PIECES OF PLASTIC! :xD:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might be done as well. Not because I want to be, but this is just getting ridiculous. I placed an order at Innovapes for a set of billet panels. 2 freakin pieces of plastic. That is it. Nothing else with the order. I went through the age verification bs placing the order. Just got an email from them saying I need to send a picture of my license and CC for further age verification. FOR TWO PIECES OF PLASTIC! :xD:
I have had the same thing happen to me several times. Indiana is one of the state's that is requiring this from online vape retailers.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My registration expired day before yesterday. I haven't paid my property taxes yet so I can't renew plates. Congress better get on the ball and send out some stimulus checks. I got stuff to catch up on!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was done too until @debinnv enabled me about the Vapor Range sale. Ordered a bunch of stuff almost 3 weeks ago.
USPS has been giving it the grand tour of the West coast for the last 2 weeks though. I might get it next week.
I did nothing!! (snicker) I do hope you get your stuff soon though.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing special just a couple packs of jackaroo coils.
05ddfe302cd44f2ce63fbb92b5506e48.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well Breazy won't ship to Nevada anymore ( been like that for months ) and we don't even HAVE any types of bans here. Fine by me, I simply took my $$$ elsewhere.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Except for the USB port it looks frighteningly authentic. I wanted the no logo one, but this is all they had. I may actually take the logo off. To me that's going too far. It's like sticking your thumb right in BBV's eye.
Hmm, I see they even went to the slot for the sticker.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm, I see they even went to the slot for the sticker.
I was happy with the way they were doing them. Great clone at 1/3 the price. Fine. Do we really have to have the logo and the sticker slot? Don't get me wrong. It looks good, but it just rubs me the wrong way. Can't we at least let BBV have their little details setting their product's appearance apart from the clone?

And get this. The DNA 60 board was programmed by Evolv in May and it still had a firmware update. :question:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was happy with the way they were doing them. Great clone at 1/3 the price. Fine. Do we really have to have the logo and the sticker slot? Don't get me wrong. It looks good, but it just rubs me the wrong way. Can't we at least let BBV have their little details setting their product's appearance apart from the clone?

And get this. The DNA 60 board was programmed by Evolv in May and it still had a firmware update. :question:
I agree. Ya wanna clone, go for it. But let it be known, and just do a good job on the performance areas.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My registration expired day before yesterday. I haven't paid my property taxes yet so I can't renew plates. Congress better get on the ball and send out some stimulus checks. I got stuff to catch up on!
I agree on the stimulus money. But I don't get after all this time they're only going to release $1,200. The last one was in April, 6 months ago. How the hell do they expect to improve the economy with only $1,200 after all this time? Christmas is coming. I like Mark Cuban's idea of $1,000 every 2 weeks through November. It will give people enough money to save for a scaled back holiday. I'm just flabbergasted . I don't mean to bring up politics but the importance of the stimulus money is paramount at this time. $1,200 would equal a mere $200 a month in aide for those who haven't been able to pay bills for the last 6 months. :cuss2:

I found out today when I checked on an order from Sourcemore that I ordered 30 boxes of Zeus X Mesh. I had just previously received 20 boxes from ECigMafia! (It's only $1.18 a box at Sourcemore!) That's 100 builds. I think I'm good.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I agree on the stimulus money. But I don't get after all this time they're only going to release $1,200. The last one was in April, 6 months ago. How the hell do they expect to improve the economy with only $1,200 after all this time? Christmas is coming. I like Mark Cuban's idea of $1,000 every 2 weeks through November. It will give people enough money to save for a scaled back holiday. I'm just flabbergasted . I don't mean to bring up politics but the importance of the stimulus money is paramount at this time. $1,200 would equal a mere $200 a month in aide for those who haven't been able to pay bills for the last 6 months. :cuss2:

I found out today when I checked on an order from Sourcemore that I ordered 30 boxes of Zeus X Mesh. I had just previously received 20 boxes from ECigMafia! (It's only $1.18 a box at Sourcemore!) That's 100 builds. I think I'm good.

I suppose this will be the third year I won't buy anything for Christmas.

A great deal of this money I've spent on gear should have gone toward presents for my grandchildren. My kids can buy their own mess. But here's the deal. The last time we all got together for Christmas (3 years ago) my husband and I brought a car full of presents and a bunch of food. We left there with absolutely nothing. Not even a damn crayon drawing or a piece of construction paper with glitter on it. ANYTHING the grandkids would have made for us would have been fine.

I can understand people being broke and not being able to buy presents. But I can't understand not even buying a box of cards at Dollar Tree or something. I guess there was a door slam that day because I haven't worried too much about buying Christmas presents since. Hurt my feelings bad.

And I found out later that my youngest daughter had planned to go to Indiana with her bff, but when it turned out she wasn't able to go, she sent the gifts she'd bought for the bff's parents up to them anyway. Talk about a kick in the teeth.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I suppose this will be the third year I won't buy anything for Christmas.

A great deal of this money I've spent on gear should have gone toward presents for my grandchildren. My kids can buy their own mess. But here's the deal. The last time we all got together for Christmas (3 years ago) my husband and I brought a car full of presents and a bunch of food. We left there with absolutely nothing. Not even a damn crayon drawing or a piece of construction paper with glitter on it. ANYTHING the grandkids would have made for us would have been fine.

I can understand people being broke and not being able to buy presents. But I can't understand not even buying a box of cards at Dollar Tree or something. I guess there was a door slam that day because I haven't worried too much about buying Christmas presents since. Hurt my feelings bad.

And I found out later that my youngest daughter had planned to go to Indiana with her bff, but when it turned out she wasn't able to go, she sent the gifts she'd bought for the bff's parents up to them anyway. Talk about a kick in the teeth.
Wow. That took a whole hell of a lot for you to disclose that. This is so very, very, very sad. My heart goes out to you, Sweetie. You're such a kind and giving person from what I'm able to feel from just knowing you here. It also makes me very angry. I have a similar situation going on here except I have no grand-nuggets. Damn. I'm so angry to the point of crying to feel you in that pain. That's why I don't have gathering here anymore. Everything is about them with no thought of what's truly important. We haven't exchanged gifts or sent any in 2yrs either.

I know very well the regret of spending money that shouldn't have been spent. But if we can't count on family to bring us joy, something has to. Even if it's short lived and empty. I toast a vape to you, Nada. :hug:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good catch,i hadn't noticed that.My last 2 i got have the logos on them,but they hadn't went as far as the sticker slot yet.
I'm with @gsmit1 , I have and use clones of a lot of things. I also have a sxk bb, but something just really irks me about this one. Never cared about cloning before. Sounds and probably is hypocritical, just the way I feel. I will say, I said for a while that I had no problem with my 70w sxk vs Authentics. That has changed, a ton. The 70w does not read ohms well, and jumps all over the place with setups that stay perfectly in the dna.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with @gsmit1 , I have and use clones of a lot of things. I also have a sxk bb, but something just really irks me about this one. Never cared about cloning before. Sounds and probably is hypocritical, just the way I feel. I will say, I said for a while that I had no problem with my 70w sxk vs Authentics. That has changed, a ton. The 70w does not read ohms well, and jumps all over the place with setups that stay perfectly in the dna.
I haven't done enough research to know exactly what the cause is, but looking around the web, reports of problems are like 10 to 1 between the 70watt and the DNA versions of the SXK Billet Box clones. There are several possibilities and it might be a combination of things.

I run my DNA60 clones in TC where stable resistance is paramount. Once I leaned how to use the thing :) I have had no problems with unreliable resistance sampling.

As everybody knows, BBV can't keep their mods in stock. They sell every last one every time they have a Saturday morning drop in minutes. People are stampeding over one another to buy them. Good for them.

For this reason I have no real problem with the SXK 1:1 clones. It's not like BBV has unsold units sitting on the shelves because everybody's buying the clones. I do think they lose a few people to the clones over their utter refusal to provide native USB support to an Escribe capable device, but that's on them :)

The problem here is that in my mind there is a line somewhere between stealing somebody's popular design in order to provide a functionally comparable device (or even better on one level with usb support) for less money in the name of making money yourself, and being intentionally disrespectful toward the designer who has unwittingly provided you with that opportunity.

In the case of the Billet Box, adding the logo and the sticker slot imo crosses that line. Now were not just making clones, were flipping off the designer whose product were cloning. I don't like that.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't done enough research to know exactly what the cause is, but looking around the web, reports of problems are like 10 to 1 between the 70watt and the DNA versions of the SXK Billet Box clones. There are several possibilities and it might be a combination of things.

I run my DNA60 clones in TC where stable resistance is paramount. Once I leaned how to use the thing :) I have had no problems with unreliable resistance sampling.

As everybody knows, BBV can't keep their mods in stock. They sell every last one every time they have a Saturday morning drop in minutes. People are stampeding over one another to buy them. Good for them.

For this reason I have no real problem with the SXK 1:1 clones. It's not like BBV has unsold units sitting on the shelves because everybody's buying the clones. I do think they lose a few people to the clones over their utter refusal to provide native USB support to an Escribe capable device, but that's on them :)

The problem here is that in my mind there is a line somewhere between stealing somebody's popular design in order to provide a functionally comparable device (or even better on one level with usb support) for less money in the name of making money yourself, and being intentionally disrespectful toward the designer who has unwittingly provided you with that opportunity.

In the case of the Billet Box, adding the logo and the sticker slot imo crosses that line. Now were not just making clones, were flipping off the designer whose product were cloning. I don't like that.
Well said, I agree.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I know noting about billet boxes. I'm trying to imagine what a sticker slot is and I'm coming up with nothing. What's the sticker slot?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know noting about billet boxes. I'm trying to imagine what a sticker slot is and I'm coming up with nothing. What's the sticker slot?
The sticker slot is what closes the back button retention/board access panel where authentic billet boxes have a holographic sticker indicating it's authenticity. You can get extra stickers and people open it up anyway to change buttons and sometimes to temporarily attach an Evolv usb satellite board.

In the past SXK has not had that shallow machined space to put the authenticity sticker. Now they do. Along with a VERY real looking logo set which was also always absent on past clones of theirs.
20201002_155803_cr_cr.jpg

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If mine didn't have the usb port, it would be practically indistinguishable from an authentic from pictures alone. I opened it up and they do still use their same momentary membrane switch assembly. Which makes sense.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Happy vape mail day yesterday! I want to give a huge thank you to @Bigrick. He sent me the smok RBA and glass so I would be able to use it for the Eleaf elovate tank that I love so much. Kimmy made me a gorgeous necklace and bracelet set and a very special young man named Blazen made a wonderful little medicine bag for me. Gosh, I love when people still take the time to make things for others. These are the things that to me, are the most special. The little medicine bag goes nicely with my purse too!

Thank you Rick, you're awesome and I so appreciate all the things you sent.

Now on the Elovate tank, @Just Frank was correct that the seal on the bottom of the tank would block the wicking channels of the RBA so it would not work. That seal is so thick. Well I looked at it for a moment and thought, what about a thinner seal? YEP! that did it. I thought for sure it was gonna leak but not one drop and it is working perfectly! Whooo hoooo.

I looked through my rings and found one a little nicer color too!

IMG_20201003_092130457.jpg

IMG_20201003_092005869.jpg

IMG_20201003_092000504.jpg

IMG_20201003_092400072.jpg

Original seal of the Elovate

IMG_20201002_192239386.jpg

and the size that will work to allow the juice to get to the wick. So, if anyone has that issue using this RBA with a tank such as this, see if you have a thinner ring that you can use.

IMG_20201002_192302209.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Makes me want a blue on now too :) You don't happen to know which tank those seals came out of?
VandyVape gives turquoise blue spares with the Kylin Minis. I just checked and found only one set of the blue. I should have more though. I'll dig around and see if I have another set you can have. 24mm.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors