Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine definitely needs a shine. I'll have to get something for the tubes this time around. I love a good forced patina but not typically on a $100+ mod. Lol. Have barely touched my new copper Deathwish Canadian. Just put together once then back in the box. Lol
6b5b115cdf3f55bd9c5d2e29aa9b8734.jpg

Sent from a pile of wood chips

For me I use Flitz...

But I use that on my knives also, also use Windex on my knives so there is that

CRKs aren’t cheap

Outside of the polish of choice, it depends on how much elbow grease you want to put in... and if you have the polishing jig and or access to a bench grinder with polishing wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yeah, as far as I've ever known, they've always been very accommodating and responsive to their customers. Except @debinnv (sorry couldn't help it :D )
My last order I expressed my discontent with the deadline and what's it doing to businesses all over. They wrote me a note on my slip.
View attachment 169592
WTF??? I bought 3-30ml juices from them and they were unsealed and rancid. Alex responded earlier to a discount I forget to get and he gave me the $5. But when I told him The $30 in juice was open and rancid, NOTHING. After several emails not one reply. I begged, nothing. I told him I wanted to place another $70 order and if they would please credit me. They don't take juice back but I should have sent it back so they could see how bad it was but tossed it after 5 attempts for credit. Still, nothing.

I'm with @debinnv on this. SOBs and expletive, expletive, expletive. ?

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you had a Gear RTA before? I've put mine on a type 2 SS Vindicator tube (clone) and it looks and vapes great. I really like it a lot more than I expected to.

Have considered ordering at least one of those C4 clones. Will you let us know how they are? If they're close to being as good as the OG, I'll need to do that, because an Asmodus C4 in stainless just does not exist in the marketplace, as far as I've been able to find, unless I want to pay $35 for it.

Ok. C4 style does NOT come with a squonk pin. Authentic pin doesn't fit as it's too short. Authentic pin screws into the positive in a way that pushes juice out to the wicks, clone would shoot straight up to the coil which I prefer. (gotta dig out the box with my fat daddy squonk pins.) Due to manufacturing differences, the positive posts cannot be swapped.
Also worth noting, the SS C4 is slightly taller so while the cap does fit the authentic the airflow is raised and would allow air to flow OVER the top of the build deck. (Could be remedied by sanding 2-3mm off the bottom of the top cap. (An o-ring from a 510 drip tip on the authentic's 510 connector might allow the clones cap to line up correctly but I haven't tried it).
Otherwise, as a dripper, it's as good as authentic. A big plus for the clone is that it there's an o-ring in the top cap, not on the drip tip. The only negative I have is the lack of a squonk pin. Easily remedied though imo.
Now I'm curious as to whether the OG SS C4 is the same as the clone or the aluminum C4.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Some more nic for the freezer and 510's for future projects.
750442d119076a02eacc967523774ca9.jpg
a54ae4075e422f00820f965b9aa792e0.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

The last couple of times I've ordered nicotine, I've ordered what you have there in a 240ml size.

A few times before that, I'd bought pre-mixed pg/vg/nic base from Liquid Nicotine Wholesalers, 30/70 and 6 mg for about $28 or thereabouts.

It occurred to me that I could use that 24mg, 240ml size of VG nic from Delosi as the basis for a new liter mix in my old LNW bottle when it's empty.

1 24-mg, 240ml bottle of VG nic from Delosi = $9 and some change PLUS
1 240ml bottle of PG, filled from a larger bottle I already have, cost of maybe $3.50 (500ml of VG plus 500ml of PG at Amazon for 13.95, so 240ml of PG costs rougly 1/4 of $13.95), PLUS
fill the rest of the liter with VG from a gallon I already have, cost of maybe $2.50 (1 gal VG = $16.99 at Heartland, and 1 gallon = 3785ml, so about 1/7 of $16;99) EQUALS
approximately 25/75, 6mg liter of nicotine for what I'd guess is about $15, or just over half the price I was paying at LNW.

The 240ml bottle is basically 1/4 of a liter, so 240ml of 24mg nic makes a liter of 6mg nic when diluted with other bases.
The 240ml bottle of PG is 25% of a liter, and all the other bases are VG, so 25/75 roughly.

If I use an average of 10% flavorings, then I end up at 35/65, which is where I'd want to be, ideally. I haven't mixed a liter yet because I haven't finished my current one, but I expect this to work out absolutely perfectly, and less expensive than any other way I've ever used nicotine.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ok. C4 style does NOT come with a squonk pin. Authentic pin doesn't fit as it's too short. Authentic pin screws into the positive in a way that pushes juice out to the wicks, clone would shoot straight up to the coil which I prefer. (gotta dig out the box with my fat daddy squonk pins.) Due to manufacturing differences, the positive posts cannot be swapped.
Also worth noting, the SS C4 is slightly taller so while the cap does fit the authentic the airflow is raised and would allow air to flow OVER the top of the build deck. (Could be remedied by sanding 2-3mm off the bottom of the top cap. (An o-ring from a 510 drip tip on the authentic's 510 connector might allow the clones cap to line up correctly but I haven't tried it).
Otherwise, as a dripper, it's as good as authentic. A big plus for the clone is that it there's an o-ring in the top cap, not on the drip tip. The only negative I have is the lack of a squonk pin. Easily remedied though imo.
Now I'm curious as to whether the OG SS C4 is the same as the clone or the aluminum C4.
I believe the og ss has a ss deck and not the off colored gold you can see in the clone's af.
For a restricted DL BF flavor banger clone, this one works really well if you can find one.

I bought the og when 1st released, later this clone so I'd have a blue cap to go on the og to match a dotmod. Color's a perfect match, but the clone cap on the og is a little loose with it's stock orings. I've tried the clone and it vapes great. The machining is good, not great like og - the post screws - But if you like that style and don't want to go the og route, the clone is good and squonks.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
WTF??? I bought 3-30ml juices from them and they were unsealed and rancid. Alex responded earlier to a discount I forget to get and he gave me the $5. But when I told him The $30 in juice was open and rancid, NOTHING. After several emails not one reply. I begged, nothing. I told him I wanted to place another $70 order and if they would please credit me. They don't take juice back but I should have sent it back so they could see how bad it was but tossed it after 5 attempts for credit. Still, nothing.

I'm with @debinnv on this. SOBs and expletive, expletive, expletive. ?
Oh I'm sorry.. I've never ordered juice from there. I just always thought they were decent to people. I've never had to reach out to them because of a problem. Smaller juice companies really should find a way to keep customers happy. I never even thought to look at juice there. The RDA and cotton specials were always good. I think I remember now, they sent Deb a mech mod that was different from the picture on the site. No bueno.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh I'm sorry.. I've never ordered juice from there. I just always thought they were decent to people. I've never had to reach out to them because of a problem. Smaller juice companies really should find a way to keep customers happy. I never even thought to look at juice there. The RDA and cotton specials were always good. I think I remember now, they sent Deb a mech mod that was different from the picture on the site. No bueno.
Yes that is exactly what they did and sent a RDA that did not have any of the spare parts like squonk pin etc. I did finally get the squonk pin after a huge run around. The mod, nope. nadda basically told me you're SOL. Now that said, it was a very nice mod for those that do not have a problem with their hands. I was able to get it to where I could use it a bit easier. But every time I looked at it, I got pissed off. Out of sight, out of mind. The person that bought it is quite pleased with it so at least there is that. AREliquid will never see another dime from me. Terrible business practices, they do not care one bit about their customers. Not if you have any issues at least.

They did finally change their picture on the website to reflect the real mod you were buying, after I bitched at them for weeks. So at least I managed to get them to do that so no one else would have it happen to them.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes that is exactly what they did and sent a RDA that did not have any of the spare parts like squonk pin etc. I did finally get the squonk pin after a huge run around. The mod, nope. nadda basically told me you're SOL. Now that said, it was a very nice mod for those that do not have a problem with their hands. I was able to get it to where I could use it a bit easier. But every time I looked at it, I got pissed off. Out of sight, out of mind. The person that bought it is quite pleased with it so at least there is that. AREliquid will never see another dime from me. Terrible business practices, they do not care one bit about their customers. Not if you have any issues at least.

They did finally change their picture on the website to reflect the real mod you were buying, after I bitched at them for weeks. So at least I managed to get them to do that so no one else would have it happen to them.
I noticed something in my last order. I've ordered colored caps for my RDAs and those came with drip tips before. This time none of them had drip tips. It's not a big deal to me but a little consistency would be nice. Itd probably be no use mentioning it to them after reading about others troubles.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I noticed something in my last order. I've ordered colored caps for my RDAs and those came with drip tips before. This time none of them had drip tips. It's not a big deal to me but a little consistency would be nice. Itd probably be no use mentioning it to them after reading about others troubles.
Well, you can always try, doesn't hurt to send a quick email. Who knows right?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some stuff from Wire Optim today.
20200923_152515(1).jpg
@WotofoOfficial shorted me one piece of Clapton Mesh. They're spendy even with Wire Optims sale. I didn't read how many were in a pack but I imagined 10 like the other mesh coils. Nope, they're 5 packs. I opened it up and there's only 4. Oh well. Its not really mesh, but I heard they vape pretty good though.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm glad you mentioned that. I needed to grab some of those.

I heard that too and it seems like they should.
I saw those on sale somewhere and thought about getting some since I also head they work well. But they look too big for the X. Do you cut it or is it just for the Profile.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw those on sale somewhere and thought about getting some since I also head they work well. But they look too big for the X. Do you cut it or is it just for the Profile.
I'm not sure. I haven't had a chance to work with them yet. :)

EDIT: I would guess that the only way to cut those down would be to snip one whole strand, dramatically changing the size and resistance.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am convinced @Mykreign is/was a dealer. All the telltale signs are there. Give em a taste, lure em in. Prey on the weak and vulnerable............ :finger::giggle: Thanks brother, everything is pristine as usual, and the add ins...... Datt white stuff is the shiz. And the stickers. I could change my inners for a year

:teehee: I don't see me changing this one a bit. This thing is the definition of clean. A pleasure as always.
16010055604731689474462.jpg

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am convinced @Mykreign is/was a dealer. All the telltale signs are there. Give em a taste, lure em in. Prey on the weak and vulnerable............ :finger::giggle: Thanks brother, everything is pristine as usual, and the add ins...... Datt white stuff is the shiz. And the stickers. I could change my inners for a year

:teehee: I don't see me changing this one a bit. This thing is the definition of clean. A pleasure as always.
View attachment 169742
Wow, I thought I was a little rough with you..?
Three things in that picture are from me, roundabout anyway...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I have two Drag Xs with RTAs for both of them, and I'm using the PNP coils in the tanks that came with the units, with the 510 bases from the RTAs, on other devices. I love these things so much. I think the unit you have there is supposed to be the "big brother" of the Drag X.

I hope you enjoy it - please let us know what you think. I think Voopoo's PNP coils are great. The ones I'm using are the VM1, 0.3 ohms.

That is mighty nice packaging - you must be a reviewer?

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have two Drag Xs with RTAs for both of them, and I'm using the PNP coils in the tanks that came with the units, with the 510 bases from the RTAs, on other devices. I love these things so much. I think the unit you have there is supposed to be the "big brother" of the Drag X.

I hope you enjoy it - please let us know what you think. I think Voopoo's PNP coils are great. The ones I'm using are the VM1, 0.3 ohms.

That is mighty nice packaging - you must be a reviewer?
Yes the package has everything you could want and yes I do reviews for Voopoo. The PNP coils are flavor monsters and the VM-6 0.15Ω Coil is my favorite. Going to start the review process tomorrow for the Drag Max Limited Edition Kit, only 1000 were made.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Today's mail:
I need to put one mod and 2 X's away. But I have a feeling the SS will come out sooner. Besides, my box of boxes is overflowing. I need to put stuff in my backup box to even things out. The pink Lustros and blue Minikin 2 are pretty. Rainbow goes well with them as does the black and SS. Decisions. I terrible at that.
X Tanks and Asmodus.jpg
_________________________________________________________________________________

For anyone interested in atty discs, Chuck is offering a deal this weekend for the 48 discs (4 of each size and color). It may seem like a lot but you only get 4 of each size in black and in translucent white. He's printing me a couple of white if you want white since I now have a few white mods. They are very smooth at only 1/2mm. (LOL, he's on a roll and best to go with it while we got him.)

If 4 of you opt for them they're 20% off & Free Shipping. $8 for 48 discs in sizes 22, 24, 26, 28 and 30mm. Or 24, 25, 26, 28 and 30mm. Or, mix and match. And if 5 of you opt, 25% off and free shipping at $7.50. I don't want to go public with them or I'll have to be an unlicensed vendor. He's only offering it to my friends.

Atty Discs 48.jpg
These are my original ones. I mailed the newer, smoother ones to @EdwinBetz. Maybe he and the others can comment on them?
Okay. I'm done schpeeling.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Woot! Another package waiting for me at home. This one from @CrazyChef v2.0 . A kick as Dot shirt. Gold and black for my boys WHO DAT! :) And a double barrel I thought might go perfectly with my Ghoul. Thanks man, all looks great!
View attachment 169865
Nice! The v1 LE's typically bring in $50 more. There are serious collectors of these. I know Tex, an avid collector that actually has #001. He paid a wad for that. He ain't the owner either. Owner, Eric Buss actually holds #002. Hold on to that. It's in excellent condition.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Authentic 24 and 25mm Kennedy. RDAs only. No bags or spares, but both were half the cost of one new. I can dig up some parts if need be for that price.

He threw in a really nice Half Moon Mods DT, a roll of 24/34 Ni80 LV clapton wire (maybe for series), 2 2packs of Coilturd Alien sticks (specs on the tube) and some Cotton Bacon bits. Seen them forever, but I have no idea what those are.
20200926_131128_cr.jpg

VU Sponsors