Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WHAT??? Why not?
I may give it a go. Just not a real series guy. Dilapidated lungs and huge clouds get rough. Really need a higher build that won't melt. Lol. But I love some Deathwish so still happy to have it. I do have a couple 20650s coming though.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the smok RPM RBA and coils today. RPM RBA fits the supbox perfectly. Did figure out that it's a pita to test fire the coil without putting it all together. I did manage to pop the bottom part of the RBA into the base and had to hold tight with my fingers to adjust the coil.
25cbef9b1036338f0666b969913c0c10.jpg
f7c493d394292b62271555e6a828f9c1.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
That RBA comes with a base though.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha I'll jump in and talk shit sometimes
Only sometimes? ?
I'd really like to pick up a plague doctor and and isolation tank for sure. Not even sure I'll use the Baphomet
My Baphomet and my Evil Twin are still ranked high on my list of favorite mods to use, with 29/36 Ni80 (tri-core) aliens 7 wraps 3mm ID dual coil at .26 ohms. (Normally this is a .25 ohms build but the Unholy V2 adds a little bit more voltage drop─which isn't a bad thing BTW...) On that Baphomet of yours, the stainless steel Isolation RTA is going to look sick as tits. Just in case you didn't notice it before, Carrack has started Black Friday sales. I know they are in Canada, but it's still 44% off the normal price for this RTA anyway. I prefer the tall glass that also comes included with it, not the metal ring with the artwork that uses a smaller chamber size. With 30/36 Ni80 tri-core aliens at 6 wraps 3.5mm ID dual coil, the Isolation ohms out at .32 ohms.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't own one, but from watching reviews, that Isolation either needs a series deck option or more room. Pretty tight for a pair of series coils. Just my opinion. :shades:
I'm going to have to completely disagree. Here's why:

isolation.jpg

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to have to completely disagree. Here's why:

View attachment 170881
Thought you might. :shades: As I said, it's my opinion.

I find a comfortable vape for me on the Goat is around 0.35 ohms (3x29/38 N80 3.5 8 wraps) which fit nicely in the Unholy V3. Could I fit a build in the Isolation? Sure. Would I enjoy it like I do the Goat? No. I build for myself. Not for others.

BTW, not sure what you're using in that Isolation, but by my count it's 6 wraps, not the 7 you referenced to @MrMeowgi. Maybe you went with 3.5 which would keep it around 0.25. Still way too hot for me. But again, that's just me.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may give it a go. Just not a real series guy. Dilapidated lungs and huge clouds get rough. Really need a higher build that won't melt. Lol. But I love some Deathwish so still happy to have it. I do have a couple 20650s coming though.

Believe it or not, but... fairly big, wet, dense clouds on high VG juice at 2.5mg-3mg are way easier on my lungs compared to smaller clouds, as the latter type of clouds are what irritate my lungs with harshness, and, this is despite my lung capacity is somewhat below average, AND the fact my sensitivity to air quality is so high that I often tend to get in a row with people who refuse to let me open a window or door. Fairly big is not the same thing as huge. It knocks me unconscious why so many people still can't grok this difference. You can't win a comp with the kinds of builds that I use. Not possible. These builds are purely for the flavor in cohort with faster inhalation speed plus getting a pleasurable texture as for how the vape feels, with the type of airflow setting that makes it feel only moderately restricted so it isn't going to feel like you're sucking on a tailpipe nor like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Also, those who attribute hotness to these builds with colorful exclamations of "well it's a toasty vape" and the like are simply not capable to understand how airflow factually works. At .25 ohms on a series mech, with a pair of Samsung 20S batteries you're talking something like, say, 229 watts, give or take a watt. That's a lot of power for sure, but not a lot of it translates to extra warmth of how the vape is like, if you tailor it that way. For how I like to vape, the whole idea is to let the vast majority of that extra power be consumed to make the evaporation go faster as to inhale faster and shorter, as opposed to inhale slower and longer. I can't stand PG harshness, and I loathe the chemical taste of PG also in addition to this, but with high VG juices a hot vape is what gives me a dry cough and a sore throat, and then it makes me start to hack up VG. A warm wet dense saturated flavorful vape never does the same. Instead, it actually even has a tendency to soothe my thorax and lungs, relaxes my breath and relieves shortness of breath. That is, as long as I make sure to not vape in places where I can sense that something is wrong about air quality.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BTW, not sure what you're using in that Isolation, but by my count it's 6 wraps, not the 7 you referenced to @MrMeowgi. Maybe you went with 3.5 which would keep it around 0.25. Still way too hot for me. But again, that's just me.
Please read my reply to @MrMeowgi again... the build in the pic I posted is the one that I outlined in my last sentence:
"With 30/36 Ni80 tri-core aliens at 6 wraps 3.5mm ID dual coil, the Isolation ohms out at .32 ohms."

As for 0.25 ohms on a series mech being way too hot for you. I know for a fact that, if I tried to vape on such a setup the same way you did (and BTW, that is still only assuming you actually DID try that...), I'd cough my lungs out, with absolute 100% certainty. It's just a fact.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Revenant Delta squonker and HStone Sith RDA from @debinnv :) , along with the Profile RDTA.

I'll have no problem admitting it if I'm wrong, but after looking this tank over, I'm gonna have to see these rod things work before I believe it. I cannot see how gravity can be overcome by whatever absorption properties might be present in these woven steel rods.

Just will not fit between my ears. I can see it working if you tip it over, but then, again, what purpose is there in the rods? That would work without them. I guess I'll find out.
View attachment 170861
The Stainless cables work fine in my Kraken's, so they should work fine in the Profile.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please read my reply to @MrMeowgi again... the build in the pic I posted is the one that I outlined in my last sentence:
"With 30/36 Ni80 tri-core aliens at 6 wraps 3.5mm ID dual coil, the Isolation ohms out at .32 ohms."

As for 0.25 ohms on a series mech being way too hot for you. I know for a fact that, if I tried to vape on such a setup the same way you did (and BTW, that is still only assuming you actually DID try that...), I'd cough my lungs out, with absolute 100% certainty. It's just a fact.
Mea culpa. My apologies. The instruction to "read my reply....again" infers that I read it completely the first time. I admit I didn't catch the last sentence. So there's that. That actually does look like a nice build for the Isolation tank.

Not sure which build you're referring to in the bolded portion of the quote above. Are you talking my 3x29/38 N80 3.5 8 wrap? It's actually 0.33 ohms (again, my bad); I re-wicked this morning, and took the opportunity to measure it again. Enjoyable, but on the edge for me for sure. No long pulls, just a lot of flavor.

Build1.jpg
Build4.jpg

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mea culpa. My apologies. The instruction to "read my reply....again" infers that I read it completely the first time. I admit I didn't catch the last sentence. So there's that. That actually does look like a nice build for the Isolation tank.

Not sure which build you're referring to in the bolded portion of the quote above. Are you talking my 3x29/38 N80 3.5 8 wrap? It's actually 0.33 ohms (again, my bad); I re-wicked this morning, and took the opportunity to measure it again. Enjoyable, but on the edge for me for sure. No long pulls, just a lot of flavor.

View attachment 170916
View attachment 170915
I'm using the same build as you, but with 7 wraps 3mm ID... it's the copper Unholy V3 on the the copper G.O.A.T. V2

unholy v3 top.jpg
unholy v3 front1.jpgunholy v3 front2.jpg

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
20201011_141125.jpgLighted display case for some of my vape collection. Will post pictures in "What did you do today..." when finished.

Really got into trouble on this purchase, wife hasn't talked to me since she asked me "And just where the f%*k do you think you're putting that?" I think she's a little upset with me at the moment. Glad she had to go to work...lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 170928Lighted display case for some of my vape collection. Will post pictures in "What did you do today..." when finished.

Really got into trouble on this purchase, wife hasn't talked to me since she asked me "And just where the f%*k do you think you're putting that?" I think she's a little upset with me at the moment. Glad she had to go to work...lol
Lol, I had a very stern talkin' to today as well. Wife added up all the vape related purchases on the credit card bill for the first time ever. She was NOT HAPPY! Back to cash to buddy's to order for me. Eh, I kinda like it that way :devil:

That will look sweet btw......

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Lol, I had a very stern talkin' to today as well. Wife added up all the vape related purchases on the credit card bill for the first time ever. She was NOT HAPPY! Back to cash to buddy's to order for me. Eh, I kinda like it that way :devil:

That will look sweet btw......
I would hate to see what I have invested in vape purchases over the last few months since I've been getting into the shiny high end compulsive buying binges...lol

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm using the same build as you, but with 7 wraps 3mm ID... it's the copper Unholy V3 on the the copper G.O.A.T. V2

View attachment 170922
View attachment 170923View attachment 170924

Now I'm completely confused. That build at 3.0 and 7 would put you at around 0.262, which is pretty close to what you said would make you "cough my lungs out, with absolute 100% certainty".

BTW, I really like the G.O.A.T. with the Unholy V3. To me it gives me the warm wet dense saturated flavorful vape you talked about earlier. But I may have to figure out how to get that Baphomet back from @MrMeowgi if he's not gonna use it. I really like that one, just different.

Have you tried the V4 (either Canadian or Bogan edition)? Been wanting to try a DWM single tube 21700 and can't find a Suicide King. Interested in your opinion if you've tried one.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm completely confused. That build at 3.0 and 7 would put you at around 0.262, which is pretty close to what you said would make you "cough my lungs out, with absolute 100% certainty".

BTW, I really like the G.O.A.T. with the Unholy V3. To me it gives me the warm wet dense saturated flavorful vape you talked about earlier. But I may have to figure out how to get that Baphomet back from @MrMeowgi if he's not gonna use it. I really like that one, just different.

Have you tried the V4 (either Canadian or Bogan edition)? Been wanting to try a DWM single tube 21700 and can't find a Suicide King. Interested in your opinion if you've tried one.
I have an unused Canadian v4. Lol. And waiting on 20650 batteries for the Baphomet. I'm sure I can find something I can work with.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mas
View attachment 170928Lighted display case for some of my vape collection. Will post pictures in "What did you do today..." when finished.

Maybe learning Jiu Jitsu would be in order Ed!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

That will look sweet as hell all lit up with gear. Nice score.
Anything worth doing is worth going all in. But that is just the addict in me talking. Lmao

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The reason why you are confused is fairly simple. If the airflow setting is too restricted, you won't get enough airflow to be able to prevent the coil temperature from rising too high so that you'll get hot smoke instead of warm vapor. Whereas if the airflow is too big, too much of the airflow will miss the coils so that not enough of it will smash right into the coils, resulting in the type of hot smoke that's diluted with cold air. Both options will make me cough my lungs out. But there's still a third option in between. The flow rate is the amount of air you get per second. It needs to be tuned such that it gels together well with the rate of evaporation, and, it is determined by the strength of your draw in cohort with the combined size of the air holes. So far, this is the easy part.

The only confusion is in the fact that a high flow rate can be achieved either by moving a large amount of air─through big/many air holes─at slow speed or by moving a smaller amount of air─through smaller/fewer air holes─at a faster speed. So, airflow rate and air speed, although related to each other, are separate. The former is how many gallons of air per minute passes through the holes. Whereas the latter is determined by the average time it takes for individual air particles, or molecules to travel a given distance. The key word here is distance. As air particles (in the gaseous state under normal atmospheric pressure conditions anyway) bump into each other extremely frequently, air speed in a jet freely entering a chamber diminishes with distane travelled past the air hole. The jet causes friction between the surrounding air and it.

If the distance is too short, air gets squeezed out from the high pressure zone resulting from not having enough space between the air hole(s) and the coil causing the airflow to be too turbulent so it misses the so-called Coandă effect. If the distance is too long, the airflow loses too much speed so that it won't smash into the coils forcefully enough to create that effect. Moving a coil by even just a small millimeter can either make it or break it. But this equally applies to the height position of the coils also, and does so regardless of whether the type of atomizer used is the side airflow type. Now, you could argue that airflow settings and coil positioning are always important no matter the wattage and/or etc., and you would be obviously correct, BUT... at higher power levels with fast ramping coils the size of which seems rather too small for them to match the high power, the wiggle room that you can play with in order to not burn stuff up is what tends to be much less─regardless of what are one's personal preferences in vaping. Most vapers I've met are incapable to figure out for theirself which air holes on my Unholy V3 need to be open/closed for this type of coil build to work right, or else they show a complete lack of intuition to use the right draw strength to go with that... they just simply can not. They might be able to still use it for lighting a fat Cuban cigar and that'll be the end of it. :D

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The reason why you are confused is fairly simple.

If the distance is too short, air gets squeezed out from the high pressure zone resulting from not having enough space between the air hole(s) and the coil causing the airflow to be too turbulent so it misses the so-called Coandă effect. If the distance is too long, the airflow loses too much speed so that it won't smash into the coils forcefully enough to create that effect.
Actually, it is quite simple. It has more to do with the so-called Carambrda effect than anything else.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually, it is quite simple. It has more to do with the so-called Carambrda effect than anything else.
Well if you don't know what the Coandă effect is... it sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is. It causes airflow to follow the curved surface of objects like spheres and cylinders, or in our case follow the curvature of the downwind side of the coil's surface.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Broadside Nashed Admiral clone I ordered from 2fdeals showed up today. It didn't take much time for me to realize that I didn't know wtf I was doing with this device, so I went to YouTube and found a couple of videos.

When you put it all together right, it is phenomenal, even the clone. I started off with a Vapcell gold/white 20700 in it, and a black Profile RDA on it, but it actually was a little hot for me. The videos I was watching were also making an even bigger deal than usual about battery safety on this tube, because apparently they are made so that the 20700 fit is a little snug, and if you aren't very careful, you can end up with big problems.

The combination of those two factors, it didn't take me but a minute to decide to try it with an 18650. So I pulled the adapter back out and put a fully-charged P26A in it, and that was very good. Then I noticed that the finish on my Yachtvape Meshlock RDA was more of a matte finish, like the mod, so I changed that out, too. Now it is all matte black and vapes absolutely perfectly for me.

I LOVE the switch on this tube. If you've never had a Broadside with the "expanding" switch, it is sort of a design miracle, super-short easy throw, and hits right every time, no matter where you push the button.

This may just be the best $24 I've spent in a long time. Vapes like a lot more than $24.

ETA: By the way, this one is not a hybrid. It has a floating 510, and on the other end of the 510 is a reverse-threaded wheel that you adjust for battery rattle. To me, with that in mind, the way it hits is even more surprising, and seems safer as well. I'm a big fan.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Broadside Nashed Admiral clone I ordered from 2fdeals showed up today. It didn't take much time for me to realize that I didn't know wtf I was doing with this device, so I went to YouTube and found a couple of videos.

When you put it all together right, it is phenomenal, even the clone. I started off with a Vapcell gold/white 20700 in it, and a black Profile RDA on it, but it actually was a little hot for me. The videos I was watching were also making an even bigger deal than usual about battery safety on this tube, because apparently they are made so that the 20700 fit is a little snug, and if you aren't very careful, you can end up with big problems.

The combination of those two factors, it didn't take me but a minute to decide to try it with an 18650. So I pulled the adapter back out and put a fully-charged P26A in it, and that was very good. Then I noticed that the finish on my Yachtvape Meshlock RDA was more of a matte finish, like the mod, so I changed that out, too. Now it is all matte black and vapes absolutely perfectly for me.

I LOVE the switch on this tube. If you've never had a Broadside with the "expanding" switch, it is sort of a design miracle, super-short easy throw, and hits right every time, no matter where you push the button.

This may just be the best $24 I've spent in a long time. Vapes like a lot more than $24.

ETA: By the way, this one is not a hybrid. It has a floating 510, and on the other end of the 510 is a reverse-threaded wheel that you adjust for battery rattle. To me, with that in mind, the way it hits is even more surprising, and seems safer as well. I'm a big fan.
I can't remember. Is this your first fully unregulated, unprotected device?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't remember. Is this your first fully unregulated, unprotected device?

No, I have a bunch of them. I used mech tubes for a while years ago but none of them were hybrids. I am relatively new to hybrids, but have a few now, three I think, and some six or eight months experience with them. Also have Ram, Athena, Coppervape, Pulse mech squonkers.

My befuddlement with the Admiral was (1) battery goes in positive down, and (2) I didn't understand how the switch worked. Never seen one like it before.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Using that 18650 adapter makes things much safer for you. I had an Admiral and it tore up my thicker wraps going in and out.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ain't vape mail....

ProlineVaper was admitted to the hospital yesterday, late afternoon/evening. Apparently he hurt his knee and it swelled up like a melon.
I don't know anything more than that. For them to actually admit him it must be pretty bad.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ain't vape mail....

ProlineVaper was admitted to the hospital yesterday, late afternoon/evening. Apparently he hurt his knee and it swelled up like a melon.
I don't know anything more than that. For them to actually admit him it must be pretty bad.
Oh no that sucks. Hope all gets better

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had an Admiral and it tore up my thicker wraps going in and out.
No, you never had an Admiral. What you had instead was just the clone and lots of vivid imagination as for how it might actually compare to the authentic... which, factually it does not.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, you never had an Admiral. What you had instead was just the clone and lots of vivid imagination as for how it might actually compare to the authentic... which, factually it does not.
You're a joke pal. Don't come on here telling me what I didn't have. I owned an authentic Admiral that tore my BB vape wraps on my 20700's anytime I removed it from the tube.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're a joke pal. Don't come on here telling me what I didn't have. I owned an authentic Admiral that tore my BB vape wraps on my 20700's anytime I removed it from the tube.
I have Vapcell gold 20700 batteries that not only use a thicker wrap but also they are thicker already by theirself, and, I have not one, but three authentic Admirals. Each of them hand engraved by Mathew Hagermann. Shows how much you know.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ain't vape mail....

I saw somewhere here on the forum where he posted that he had an infection in his knee.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I saw somewhere here on the forum where he posted that he had an infection in his knee.
I remember that part now.
3rdPig sent him a PM about some 3D stuff he's making for him and he told him about it. I wasn't sure if anyone knew yet.
I hope it isn't really bad.

Oh. And @wildgypsy70 I have to tell you that ever since I was aware of you I could never get your name right. You've always been "WidgyPidgy" to me.
I swear! ?

Last edited:

VU Sponsors