Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not any problem at all. :) I'm kind of trying it out to see if it might be something to pass on to a father in law. He seemed rather put off by the pen type of vapes. He's had heart surgery, still smoking. Me being the "good son in law", rather see him vaping if he will. If he don't want to try, reckon it'll be another for my rotation.
That's always good, I got my dad off the smokes with vape. If you wanna sell it let me know

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I've been using mine all afternoon and I'm impressed, I love the feel of it and it performs quite well.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
It's gorgeous! Can you help me out here on weight? I hear it's heavy. Is it as heavy as a dual 18650 in alum alloy? Can you compare it to something? I'm currently staring at it in my cart and chatting again with Sherry from Sourcemore. What about the Odin 100, too. I'd really appreciate your thoughts. I'd include Nailz in this but he's offline. Shawn said it was heavy.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
It's gorgeous! Can you help me out here on weight? I hear it's heavy. Is it as heavy as a dual 18650 in alum alloy? Can you compare it to something? I'm currently staring at it in my cart and chatting again with Sherry from Sourcemore. What about the Odin 100, too. I'd really appreciate your thoughts. I'd include Nailz in this but he's offline. Shawn said it was heavy.

To me it's not that heavy.
Here is a comparison to a mod I'm sure you're familiar with (grams).
dcbb59ac4bf5f600c8d2eed4389f7b93.jpg

b5c7994cdca5adaa5a19a3a9139c7ca5.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
To me it's not that heavy.
Here is a comparison to a mod I'm sure you're familiar with (grams).
This morning I was able to put together the Minikin 2 with batteries and Kylin Mini which is pretty solid on it's own that weights exactly the same as the Grus & RTA you show. Although it is described as heavy by many reviewers, the shape of the Grus leads me to believe the feel, smaller in the hand vs. a dual battery mod would compensate for the weight. I'll think on it. It sure is encouraging to know the weight though. Thanks a bunch!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got this in today and I sure do like it. So pretty. I know everyone has seen them a lot but, I'm having fun taking pictures of it. :)

Holds the Ragnar 35mm no problem. Bonus! Wallpaper is way cute and the drip tip even goes fairly well. Anyone that knows me, knows I like to try and match it up best I can. This was a great buy and it's not as heavy as I thought it might be and it just has a great hand feel with the rubberized finish. It's a keeper!

IMG_20201120_180827686.jpg

Kitty!

IMG_20201120_180725627.jpg

Love this. Reminds me of a Manga Character. :)

IMG_20201120_180955897.jpg

drip tip shot

IMG_20201120_180847488.jpg

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got this in today and I sure do like it. So pretty. I know everyone has seen them a lot but, I'm having fun taking pictures of it. :)

Holds the Ragnar 35mm no problem. Bonus! Wallpaper is way cute and the drip tip even goes fairly well. Anyone that knows me, knows I like to try and match it up best I can. This was a great buy and it's not as heavy as I thought it might be and it just has a great hand feel with the rubberized finish. It's a keeper!

View attachment 173430

Kitty!

View attachment 173431

View attachment 173432

drip tip shot

View attachment 173433
Yihi, rite?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 173430

Kitty!

View attachment 173431

View attachment 173432

drip tip shot

View attachment 173433
Yes, YIHI bargain chip (SX530) that is still really good.

You need THIS I put that together a couple years ago when this mod first came out. It's on my own server so download is safe.

@SnapDragon NY and @Heartsdelight both used that package and I'm sure can vouch for it's ease of use and reliability.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
aaahhh but I got a nice little MTL setup from my awesome friend @gadget! Love this little guy. Smok Fury-S with the Xpure MTL RDA

IMG_20201120_192510792.jpg
Plus @Pastorfuzz also sent me a great little MTL RDA..............The COLT

( you guys are the best ) they knew I was looking for a couple of MTL vapes as I do still enjoy MTL. I mostly do tobacco flavors for MTL and there are times it just hits the spot

Skulls and horses, what else could a gal want? :)

Love you both! :blowkiss:

IMG_20201120_193354518.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
aaahhh but I got a nice little MTL setup from my awesome friend @gadget! Love this little guy. Smok Fury-S with the Xpure MTL RDA

View attachment 173441
Plus @Pastorfuzz also sent me a great little MTL RDA..............The COLT

( you guys are the best ) they knew I was looking for a couple of MTL vapes as I do still enjoy MTL. I mostly do tobacco flavors for MTL and there are times it just hits the spot

Skulls and horses, what else could a gal want? :)

Love you both! :blowkiss:

View attachment 173443
Love you too @debinnv . Just don't tell your old man!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 173430

Kitty!

View attachment 173431

View attachment 173432

drip tip shot

View attachment 173433
It is a anime character his name is Sashomora Inuyasha :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It should be a 75C, who wants to vape more than 75w on any 1 regulated battery....
Some people vape in the 76W-100W range on a single 21700 battery regulated mod. They just like the form factor because of how nice it feels to hold such a mod in their hand, and they care much less about the fact that battery life is fairly limited.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The Odin 100 is NOT heavy. It is a beautiful thing, glossy finish but not the slightest bit slippery because of the side vents, fits great in the hand, has a very nice screen, and vapes great. I don't know that it's the best price, but this one came from VaperzCloud.com for about $50. I got the gunmetal color, and it looks great with my gunmetal Zeus X Mesh.

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

View attachment 173430

Kitty!

View attachment 173431

View attachment 173432

drip tip shot

View attachment 173433
thats gorgeous. i love it

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Got my

DOVPO TOPSIDE LITE in red today, with some pre wrapped coils, since I hate making them.​

Aww just deleted the pics lol.. oh well you all know what it is anyway. Its very light which is a nice change, so far I'm liking it

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh yea forgot to mention, I ordered a variety of coils, from elemental vape along with the topside, and I installed dual .6 ones, yet when i tested it out the ohms came to .9. Very annoying. I didnt mix anything up but I guess they must have. I'm using them as I was anxious to try it out, but not my choice for sure

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Oh yea forgot to mention, I ordered a variety of coils, from elemental vape along with the topside, and I installed dual .6 ones, yet when i tested it out the ohms came to .9. Very annoying. I didnt mix anything up but I guess they must have. I'm using them as I was anxious to try it out, but not my choice for sure
Depending on how many wraps in your coils, try removing one wrap from each coil and I think you'll be pretty close.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This morning I was able to put together the Minikin 2 with batteries and Kylin Mini which is pretty solid on it's own that weights exactly the same as the Grus & RTA you show. Although it is described as heavy by many reviewers, the shape of the Grus leads me to believe the feel, smaller in the hand vs. a dual battery mod would compensate for the weight. I'll think on it. It sure is encouraging to know the weight though. Thanks a bunch!
I passed on the Grus. I thought it'd be heavy too. I'm not a fan of giant 510 platforms really either. My Aegis Max mods look a bit funny with normal sized tanks. It shouldn't bother me but it does I guess ? . The Grus mods look really nice though. Just not my style I guess.

I just got some Mag Grips but that was just to collect them really. Those can hold like 36mm or something ridiculous.

I'm happy with an Aspire Puxos. The whole mod weighs less than the battery I use in it (40T or P42A). You probably know already if you have one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I passed on the Grus. I thought it'd be heavy too. I'm not a fan of giant 510 platforms really either. My Aegis Max mods look a bit funny with normal sized tanks. It shouldn't bother me but it does I guess ? . The Grus mods look really nice though. Just not my style I guess.

I just got some Mag Grips but that was just to collect them really. Those can hold like 36mm or something ridiculous.

I'm happy with an Aspire Puxos. The whole mod weighs less than the battery I use in it (40T or P42A). You probably know already if you have one.

Aegis Max looks terrific with Zeus X Mesh, at least imo.

I am tickled to pieces with yesterday's and today's vape mail. Got a gunmetal Odin 100 yesterday, which I had put a gunmetal Zeus X Mesh on, but then today came a Mjolnir RDA and a bunch of drip tips that I had forgotten about (already found homes for all of them) and a second Aegis Max in the "White Storm" color. So I moved the gunmetal Zeus to the new Aegis Max and built the Mjolnir with a 26ga SS parallel coil with ohms at 0.29, put it on the Odin in temp control, and it just rocks!

I think it was @debinnv who told me I'd love this Mjolnir RDA, and she was right. The juice well is so deep, you can leave wicks really long and my god, you can vape for a long time before you have to drip again. This thing is a phenomenon. I absolutely love it. Solid as a rock, too, and I had no trouble whatsoever capturing both leads on the parallel coil because of the way the wire slots are made. It was an absolute breeze to build.

I feel like I need to thank all of you for helping me so much. Over the last year especially, I have gotten so much excellent gear, and I have great e-liquid to go with it, and I sit here and look at it, and every single piece is just a joy to vape, it just makes me so happy. So thank you all for your generosity and helpfulness, for pointers and direction to great gear that I could afford, for everything you've done to help me and everybody else on VU. I am just beside myself today.

@Just Frank I have busted one of the panels on my Puxos. I didn't like that mod at first, but then I got some panels I liked better, and started using it a lot more. Now one of my favorite panels is toast. I have two more sets, it's just a matter of getting over there in all that boxed-up stuff to find them. But yes, it's a good mod, Aspire did a good job with that one, I completely agree.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I am tickled to pieces with yesterday's and today's vape mail. Got a gunmetal Odin 100 yesterday, which I had put a gunmetal Zeus X Mesh on, but then today came a Mjolnir RDA and a bunch of drip tips that I had forgotten about (already found homes for all of them) and a second Aegis Max in the "White Storm" color. So I moved the gunmetal Zeus to the new Aegis Max and built the Mjolnir with a 26ga SS parallel coil with ohms at 0.29, put it on the Odin in temp control, and it just rocks!

I think it was @debinnv who told me I'd love this Mjolnir RDA, and she was right. The juice well is so deep, you can leave wicks really long and my god, you can vape for a long time before you have to drip again. This thing is a phenomenon. I absolutely love it. Solid as a rock, too, and I had no trouble whatsoever capturing both leads on the parallel coil because of the way the wire slots are made. It was an absolute breeze to build.
Mjolnir is a favorite for many on Reddit. Anthony Vapes designed it. He used to post here but not sure anymore.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mjolnir is a favorite for many on Reddit. Anthony Vapes designed it. He used to post here but not sure anymore.

I've read quite a few of his reviews both here and on ECF, if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere, seems like it was on two different sites. I'm old and starting to forget everything so don't mind me. Somewhere I've read his reviews! lol

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
View attachment 173488A 30T, 40T & a new charger. I assumed one of my other chargers would work? My older Nitecore does charge them but tears the wraps! They dont come close to fitting in the Efest!View attachment 173489

Since I only have a few 21700 batteries and I ran into this same problem- I bought the XTAR PB2s-
great little fast charger , not expensive. I got mine from FT- Amazon and Ebay has them too.

1605995536593.png

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I feel like I need to thank all of you for helping me so much. Over the last year especially, I have gotten so much excellent gear, and I have great e-liquid to go with it, and I sit here and look at it, and every single piece is just a joy to vape, it just makes me so happy. So thank you all for your generosity and helpfulness, for pointers and direction to great gear that I could afford, for everything you've done to help me and everybody else on VU. I am just beside myself today.

@Just Frank I have busted one of the panels on my Puxos. I didn't like that mod at first, but then I got some panels I liked better, and started using it a lot more. Now one of my favorite panels is toast. I have two more sets, it's just a matter of getting over there in all that boxed-up stuff to find them. But yes, it's a good mod, Aspire did a good job with that one, I completely agree.
Yep, I think it was me, but you know where I learned about that RDA? @Pastorfuzz sent me one and I immediately fell in love with it.

I snagged one for @gadget! as soon as I was able. It's a banging RDA. I also agree with you on all the people here helping me learn and also giving me amazing things that are out there, some not often talked about that have flown under the radar.

No doubt in my mind that I would still be smoking if it were not for this forum and the people on here.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yes, YIHI bargain chip (SX530) that is still really good.

You need THIS I put that together a couple years ago when this mod first came out. It's on my own server so download is safe.

@SnapDragon NY and @Heartsdelight both used that package and I'm sure can vouch for it's ease of use and reliability.

Yes thanks to gsmit I was able to upgrade the firmware- he helped walk me thru it and even helped me install my dragon avatar to the Vsticking.
:hug:

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yep, I think it was me, but you know where I learned about that RDA? @Pastorfuzz sent me one and I immediately fell in love with it.

I snagged one for @gadget! as soon as I was able. It's a banging RDA. I also agree with you on all the people here helping me learn and also giving me amazing things that are out there, some not often talked about that have flown under the radar.

No doubt in my mind that I would still be smoking if it were not for this forum and the people on here.

aka Anthony Vapes used to post here years ago- then posted his reviews at Reddit designed the Mjolnir RDA

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
View attachment 173488A 30T, 40T & a new charger. I assumed one of my other chargers would work? My older Nitecore does charge them but tears the wraps! They dont come close to fitting in the Efest!View attachment 173489
I have that same efest and i crammed mine in there to charge so I could try out a new mod. I did order another charger though cause this one wants to tear the wrapping off.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't ask me why I always get those two mixed up :)
Back in the day when the OG Goon was all hyped to high heavens and way beyond there (dot #1), hardly anyone seemed to be interested in getting the CSMNT (dot #2) so maybe it's because somewhere deep inside your CPU dot #2 is still insisting on letting itself be connected to dot #1. Datalink corruption like this is a clear sign that you urgently need to revise your cloud storage plan bro... clear out the bad storage pods IMO. ?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After I had retired my Nitecore D4, for charging 21700 batteries I moved from my older Nitecore NEW i4 to the Nitecore UMS4 paired with this piece:
To avoid unnecessary wear and tear on the UMS4's micro USB port I leave the cable itself attached to it as much as possible, and, I take extra care to not apply any brute force on the little plug. The UMS4 runs at a much lower temperature than the NEW i4 does, makes 21700s even easier to put on and take off the charger, lets you adjust the charging speed in small (100mA) steps, and measures battery capacity that can be used for an indication to keep a closer eye on battery aging as it deteriorates.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've read quite a few of his reviews both here and on ECF, if I'm not mistaken. Somewhere, seems like it was on two different sites. I'm old and starting to forget everything so don't mind me. Somewhere I've read his reviews! lol
He was a mod at ECR. He was in a group that got ousted for something, taddling on other mods maybe. He did not take it well and had a melt down of sorts. I forget all the details but he knew about and was going to tell on, an "illegal juice selling ring" among other things. I thought it was a bit funny. I think he and his cronies moved to R/Vaping. It's only the internet. Mods don't really have status and power like royalty in real life. I mean no disrespect to the mods and admins here. Some people take the internet a bit too seriously though. I'm sure there was some shady dealings going on there though.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Some people vape in the 76W-100W range on a single 21700 battery regulated mod. They just like the form factor because of how nice it feels to hold such a mod in their hand, and they care much less about the fact that battery life is fairly limited.
1606083149610.png

VU Sponsors