Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a Vandy Vape Requiem today from The Best Vape. They knocked a few bucks off for BF.
20201203_133313(1).jpg

I thought I could use it on one of my Pico Squeeze's but the positive pin in the 510 connection is really stiff. The RDA won't sit flush which drives me nuts. It might work better on another one. I can use the beauty ring but that causes a tish of overhang. That looks better than a gap IMO.
20201203_134401(1).jpg

Cheap Smok tanks from Breazy's sale.
20201203_135319_HDR(1).jpg

I haven't bought a Big Baby as a separate purchase in a LONG time. I got a little excited about the RBA when I looked at the booklet. I knew it was a long shot though. I've seen the deck but it's the bigger Cloud Beast single coil RBA.
20201203_135406(1).jpg

If anyone has one of these and isn't using it, I'd like to take it off of your hands please ? . I'm a huge RBA fan and like to collect them for the tanks I have.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a Vandy Vape Requiem today from The Best Vape. They knocked a few bucks off for BF.
View attachment 174177

I thought I could use it on one of my Pico Squeeze's but the positive pin in the 510 connection is really stiff. The RDA won't sit flush which drives me nuts. It might work better on another one. I can use the beauty ring but that causes a tish of overhang. That looks better than a gap IMO.
View attachment 174178
Got a Requiem the other day. Fits nicely on the Pulse X. I'm using one of the coils supplied (0.26 N80 clapton) and the restricted DL cap and the flavor is phenomenal. Hope you find a fit for yours. Incredible value for under $30. Not sure I'd try it as a dripper, no juice well. But as an RSA....wow.

Requiem1.jpg

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little friday mail
Purge silencer x as well as a suicide queen
8b1777710fee3ad82cfaaf65aedb5605.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, THIS is brilliant. I know people have them and I've seen them in reviews, but I never really paid much attention because I have a bunch of coil leg tools already.

The pedal pointing down is 4mm thick. Each of the other pedals is a mm apiece. You stack them up in whatever combination gives you the leg length you're after. Then it collapses into this little package for storage.

That is an ingenious idea. Chow Lin Wu, or whoever it was, gets a sincere tip of the hat from me. Very good indeed.

EDIT: This came with the Recurve Dual btw :)
1wtool.jpg
2wotool.jpg

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Ok, THIS is brilliant. I know people have them and I've seen them in reviews, but I never really paid much attention because I have a bunch of coil leg tools already.

The pedal pointing down is 4mm thick. Each of the other pedals is a mm each. You stack them up in whatever combination gives you the leg length you're after. Then it collapses into this little package for storage.

That is an ingenious idea. Chow Lin Wu, or whoever it was, gets a sincere tip of the hat from me. Very good indeed.
View attachment 174262
View attachment 174263
Yeah. Wotofo includes them with their attys now and sells them on the website for $5 bucks. Very cool.

Oops! I just zoomed in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Somehow I never got one before. A fantastic simple idea. :idea:

What does "oops, I just zoomed in" mean :question:
I bought the og Coily when you could only get them on a certain day at a certain time from a certain site because they were only printing a few ea. week putting them up on the site and sold out immediately. They were trying to not be copied. haha. When reviewers started getting them they didn't know about the post gauge on the side so nothing was said, even though I told them, out loud lol. Now they all say what leg length they're using so the gauge isn't as useful.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought the og Coily when you could only get them on a certain day at a certain time from a certain site because they were only printing a few ea. week putting them up on the site and sold out immediately. They were trying to not be copied. haha. When reviewers started getting them they didn't know about the post gauge on the side so nothing was said, even though I told them, out loud lol. Now they all say what leg length they're using so the gauge isn't as useful.
I remember that, when it was pert near impossible to get a Coily
I've had these forever. I just think the adjustable stacking idea is really cool.
Hugsvape_Coil_Trimming_Tool_Features.gif

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The pedal pointing down is 4mm thick. Each of the other pedals is a mm apiece. You stack them up in whatever combination gives you the leg length you're after. Then it collapses into this little package for storage.

EDIT: This came with the Recurve Dual btw :)
View attachment 174262
View attachment 174263
In the Dutch language we have a saying, "meten is tijd verscheten". It means you're only wasting your time by measuring that which can be achieved immediately through eyeballing it instead. :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My DOT stuff from @MrMeowgi came today :) I have a black Dotsquonk I got cheap a couple years ago from a guy on Craigslist. This deal was far better even than that. By a mile. Thanks man.
20201205_135634_cr.jpg

I took advantage of the 40% Dotmod sale plus all the doors were $5.00
Got the Limited Edition Purple Dotsquonk 100w with the Leaf doors

View attachment 174239View attachment 174240

I grabbed a couple pairs of doors and a couple bottles from that sale. Their bottles are hideously expensive.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
My DOT stuff from @MrMeowgi came today :) I have a black Dotsquonk I got cheap a couple years ago from a guy on Craigslist. This deal was far better even than that. By a mile. Thanks man.
View attachment 174291

I grabbed a couple pairs of doors and a couple bottles from that sale. Their bottles are hideously expensive.
I ordered 2 more sets of doors a few days before I bought the Dotsquonk and the Leaf doors , they just shipped those out a few days ago- should have picked up some squonk bottles from that sale too- next Sale- lol
Nice deal from @MrMeowgi - Enjoy!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
should have picked up some squonk bottles from that sale too-
They're still 13 bucks even with 40% off. I figured I would be sorry one day for not grabbing a couple now.

I think it was Vaporrange had em a couple years ago for 5 dollars ,but I put it off overnight and they sold out (duh) I still kick myself for not buying like 4 of em then.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
They're still 13 bucks even with 40% off. I figured I would be sorry one day for not grabbing a couple now.

I think it was Vaporrange had em a couple years ago for 5 dollars ,but I put it off overnight and they sold out (duh) I still kick myself for not buying like 4 of em then.
The new bottle for the regulated squonk is really nice, a bit smaller but I really like that system.
1607197678592.png

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 174291

Oh yea man. You can pimp that clear cap with either color and they'll look great. Goes right on that rda

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Beautiful trio of RDA's today, with help from my buddy @gsmit1 . I didn't even know Kennedy did 22mm, so that opens a new door... I am loving goons and Kennedy's both enough to know I probably won't stop any time soon....
View attachment 174277
I think I still have an 22m Kennedy still. Ordered the slam cap for it when I got it. Stock cap had holes in the top but slam cap has solid top. I converted mine to BF but lost the stock post. It's BF forever now unless I find the original pin.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think I still have an 22m Kennedy still. Ordered the slam cap for it when I got it. Stock cap had holes in the top but slam cap has solid top. I converted mine to BF but lost the stock post. It's BF forever now unless I find the original pin.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

I am loving the hell outta my 22mm Kennedys. Using them all the time, one on a Pico S, and the other on a HCigar Cold Steel 100.

I'd put them on mechs, but the only 22mm mechs I have are old and so damn fiddly I can't stand 'em.

Bigbob2322

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
KSL S- Box came in.

That's a sexy looking mod! And the price is great! Healthcabin has it in both colors for $33.11 with the 17% off coupon.
Have you tried it with a bottom airflow 24mm atty yet? Should look slick.
I sold all my 24's but here's a shot with a 22mm True Tank, bottom airflow 24's will have no problem.

20201205_154256.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am loving the hell outta my 22mm Kennedys. Using them all the time, one on a Pico S, and the other on a HCigar Cold Steel 100.

I'd put them on mechs, but the only 22mm mechs I have are old and so damn fiddly I can't stand 'em.
That's the problem I have. I have some 22mm mech's around yet, but finicky as hell, and won't like em that way. Can live with it on a 24, but won't love. I do have a 23mm VCM I really like, that nothing goes on, lol. Maybe that will work. I'm not totally against putting them on regulated, but almost never drip that way. Soooo, hope the VCM works out, if not and I really love the way they vape, will probably go on whatever I want and never get hand checked, lol :tantrum::cheers:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
That's the problem I have. I have some 22mm mech's around yet, but finicky as hell, and won't like em that way. Can live with it on a 24, but won't love. I do have a 23mm VCM I really like, that nothing goes on, lol. Maybe that will work. I'm not totally against putting them on regulated, but almost never drip that way. Soooo, hope the VCM works out, if not and I really love the way they vape, will probably go on whatever I want and never get hand checked, lol :tantrum::cheers:

I did just have a thought........one of my 22mm tubes is telescoping. Was the least fiddly of all the tubes I had back then. I might try that one IF I can put my hands on it - right now I'm not really sure where it is!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sir, is a fabulous cheap tube, is it not? It outperforms some that are quite a bit more expensive.
Allow me to clarify that by this I certainly did not intend to convey that the Keen is "cheap" in the sense of being chintzy at all. I have one and I love it.

I only meant that it is a mech tube that is not super expensive, yet performs as good as many that are super expensive.

"Cheap" when used this way, at least by me, is actually a term of endearment. How cool is it that you can get a mech tube for under a hundred bucks that performs at least as well, and sometimes better than one that costs 3 or 4 times as much?

Just in case I might be misunderstood.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did just have a thought........one of my 22mm tubes is telescoping. Was the least fiddly of all the tubes I had back then. I might try that one IF I can put my hands on it - right now I'm not really sure where it is!
Going through stuff, Stingrays...... Bit of a Janky switch, but used em long enough to have a good method. Could be a winner.... gotta build em.......
16072307908181236327515.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Going through stuff, Stingrays...... Bit of a Janky switch, but used em long enough to have a good method. Could be a winner.... gotta build em.......
View attachment 174349

I know I had a couple with spring switches that I switched to magnets and that helped a lot. My only Stingray is a 26650 and I just don't have the hand strength to use it any more. Actually I have a Chi You Megan that's 26650 that was always easy to use, and it has a 28mm to 22mm adapter. That's another possibility. Hey, we keep talking, we'll work this thing out! :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How cool is it that you can get a mech tube for under a hundred bucks that performs at least as well, and sometimes better than one that costs 3 or 4 times as much?
It really is extremely very cool. That is, at least until the gold plating on that rounded firing contact starts breaking down such a way that, naturally and of course, a lot of overly enthusiastic folks will eventually learn to avoid making those mistakes the hard way, after which they can then put the mod up for sale in order to pass trouble over to the next boon who is waiting impatiently in line, also naturally─and of course. ?

VU Sponsors