The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Got a killer deal on a Gripnade on a sale.
And I picked up a KRMA RDA
Both were 50% off.
efbfe52a28d2abc9a54243878d267971.jpg

6f01ac3e892d945800efff253de9a7f0.jpg

7d174e0feb8ae3a1f9ffbd7a9ecae9bb.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well you can buy different brands of shoelace cotton. Cotn I think is one of the brands. I'll just wick mine with Cotton Bacon or whatever I have, because you know, you CAN, if you have to, fasten one side of the mesh, put the cotton down on the block, and then pull the mesh over the cotton and fasten the other side. It's just gotta be tight enough so there are NO gaps.

Looks like ElementVape has the VV mesh in stock. Most places are sold out. I took @Just Frank's recommendation of 150 stainless mesh, looks like it's $7.99 a roll, and each roll has 5 feet of mesh on it. The RDAs I've built with it are at about 0.2 ohms.
I use CB too. I've practiced enough to know how much I want. If it's not enough, I tear some more off and add to it. I've been just stringing my cotton through the mesh arc like I would with a regular coil. I usually hold the ceramic block down with something pointy at first. When sliding the cotton through, I push downward on both ends (Of the cotton) when it's through far enough. The screen mesh likes to snag sometimes so that's how I got in the habit of pushing downward. I do it every time now even with the pre-made mesh ones.

I think I might use less cotton than most. Sometimes it acts like there's a hot spot. I take the deck out and point around in the cotton (under the arc) with the handy tool @gsmit1 gave me. That usually pushes the cotton to the places it was missing. Cotton has to touch the entirety of your mesh or you're in for a bad time. I use that little tool for all sorts of stuff. It takes O ring off of tanks like it's nobodies business.

The VU is acting really weird recently for me. If I hit enter (on my phone) to go down a line, my keyboard disappears. I can only delete one letter at a time. Once the letter is deleted, my keyboard disappears. I dread typos now cuz it's such a pain in the ass to correct. I have to find the "post bugs" thread to see what's going on.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use CB too. I've practiced enough to know how much I want. If it's not enough, I tear some more off and add to it. I've been just stringing my cotton through the mesh arc like I would with a regular coil. I usually hold the ceramic block down with something pointy at first. When sliding the cotton through, I push downward on both ends (Of the cotton) when it's through far enough. The screen mesh likes to snag sometimes so that's how I got in the habit of pushing downward. I do it every time now even with the pre-made mesh ones.

I think I might use less cotton than most. Sometimes it acts like there's a hot spot. I take the deck out and point around in the cotton (under the arc) with the handy tool @gsmit1 gave me. That usually pushes the cotton to the places it was missing. Cotton has to touch the entirety of your mesh or you're in for a bad time. I use that little tool for all sorts of stuff. It takes O ring off of tanks like it's nobodies business.

The VU is acting really weird recently for me. If I hit enter (on my phone) to go down a line, my keyboard disappears. I can only delete one letter at a time. Once the letter is deleted, my keyboard disappears. I dread typos now cuz it's such a pain in the ass to correct. I have to find the "post bugs" thread to see what's going on.

VU2.0 is shit...

Much more enjoyed the site on the old platform...

90% of the time I’m on my phone checking out VU and it’s become nearly AOL dial up in responsiveness.

I understand it can be a plethora of reasons it’s slow, or buggy... but it seemed to work rather flawlessly prior to the migration... all the added features are worthless if it takes 25 seconds for a page thread to load, or 30+ seconds for a reply to post...

Or whatever reason that doesn’t coincide with the change.

I’m fond of the forums and a majority of the members... but this version of VU is just shit with a dash of shit, topped with sprinkled shit on a shit platter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU2.0 is shit...

Much more enjoyed the site on the old platform...

90% of the time I’m on my phone checking out VU and it’s become nearly AOL dual up in responsiveness.

I understand it can be a plethora of reasons it’s slow, or buggy... but it seemed to work rather flawlessly prior to the migration... all the added features are worthless if it takes 25 seconds for a page thread to load, or 30+ seconds for a reply to post...

Or whatever reason that doesn’t coincide with the change.

I’m fond of the forums and a majority of the members... but this version of VU is just shit with a dash of shit, topped with sprinkled shit on a shit platter

I didn't like it at first either. I was used to the old forum and liked it a lot. There's features missing in this one that I dislike but it used to atleast go smoothly. Now my keyboard is all janky and now that you mention it, stuff's loading slow as heck today. I hope it gets better.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a killer deal on a Gripnade on a sale.
And I picked up a KRMA RDA
Both were 50% off.
efbfe52a28d2abc9a54243878d267971.jpg

6f01ac3e892d945800efff253de9a7f0.jpg

7d174e0feb8ae3a1f9ffbd7a9ecae9bb.jpg

Where was the KRMA on sale at? That's one I've been wanting to try. Most I've found have been just out of my price range after buying my new truck. Momma has me on a short leash on vaping stuffs lol.

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sat at my computer, saw I typo'd Dial as dual... clicked the edit... took 47 seconds for the edit window to load... enough time to type this response out while waiting.

new hashtag lol

#VU2.0ISSHIT

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fedex just dropped off my juice from Ecig Empire (Thanks @Nailz !). This is probably the most commercial juice I've ever got at one time.
20200910_160049(1).jpg

Before this year, I'd mainly buy one juice (Blue Frost) and maybe another but I mixed the vast majority of it. I've tried some commercial juices and liked a few but most weren't any good. If I can't get these ones anymore, I'll miss em. I need to try more creating in DIY though. I've been a lazy mixer for a while now.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Where was the KRMA on sale at? That's one I've been wanting to try. Most I've found have been just out of my price range after buying my new truck. Momma has me on a short leash on vaping stuffs lol.

Your in luck, it's still on sale!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...the handy tool @gsmit1 gave me.
I gotta start remembering to throw those things in packages before I send em. You're the only one I have remembered for (I think) because one was sitting right in front of me when I was packing up your package LOL!

I'm glad you like it. Like I said, it's no big deal, but I really love those stupid things and 2 for a buck :D

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your in luck, it's still on sale!

Danky danky . Got one

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gotta start remembering to throw those things in packages before I send em. You're the only one I have remembered for (I think) because one was sitting right in front of me when I was packing up your package LOL!

I'm glad you like it. Like I said, it's no big deal, but I really love those stupid things and 2 for a buck :D
I grab that thing for all sorts of stuff. It's very handy for a lot of things. I had curved tweezers sort of like that but they're the super sharp thin pointy kind. Those things aren't good for much. Maybe combing wick tails or something, but that's it. The one you gave me gets used a lot. Thanks for sending it. I didn't know I needed a picker/poker thing (multi-purpose tool) so much lol.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Damn, been trying to post my vape mail for like 30 min now. Forum is just molasses today. Ugh. Okay let's try this again.

Some amazing looking coils from @Just Frank Thank you SO very much. So sweet of you. These will be wonderful.
Couple of flavors. The bread pudding caught my eye. I want to see if I can tweak my cornbread pudding recipe using this.
My series deck I got on sale for my Asgard Mini ( woot woot )

And and........... something I did not order and was NOT expecting. A fantastic Jackaroo single 21700 mod. I didn't have any single regulated 21700's and someone who will remain nameless (unless they want to speak up) sent this to me. Made me cry too. :) How very special and dear this person is to me.

What a great mod this is too! I love it.

IMG_20200910_151419068.jpg

IMG_20200910_151431502.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Damn, been trying to post my vape mail for like 30 min now. Forum is just molasses today. Ugh. Okay let's try this again.

Some amazing looking coils from @Just Frank Thank you SO very much. So sweet of you. These will be wonderful.
Couple of flavors. The bread pudding caught my eye. I want to see if I can tweak my cornbread pudding recipe using this.
My series deck I got on sale for my Asgard Mini ( woot woot )

And and........... something I did not order and was NOT expecting. A fantastic Jackaroo single 21700 mod. I didn't have any single regulated 21700's and someone who will remain nameless (unless they want to speak up) sent this to me. Made me cry too. :) How very special and dear this person is to me.

What a great mod this is too! I love it.

View attachment 168683

View attachment 168685
Very nice gift and IMO, the best looking version they offered.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand it can be a plethora of reasons it’s slow, or buggy... but it seemed to work rather flawlessly prior to the migration...
I think it's a problem with an oversold host to be honest. To be further honest, I had regular performance issues with VU even before the migration. It does seem to have gotten worse though.

If I'm right about the problem being with hosting, then it's very easy to fix. BUT, alot more money for faster hosting. Therefore I just put up with it :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be even more honest still, I actually like the new features enough to where bearing with the laggy host is a tolerable trade off. Some measures were taken to at least mitigate the bandwidth and processing requirements of the new features. It would be even worse if not.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think it's a problem with an oversold host to be honest. To be further honest, I had regular performance issues with VU even before the migration. It does seem to have gotten worse though.

If I'm right about the problem being with hosting, then it's very easy to fix. BUT, alot more money for faster hosting. Therefore I just put up with it :D

Yeah... could be.

Only issue I had before was Tapatalk not uploading a pic after a few attempts, but everything was fast to load, fast to reply with text.

Now it’s just shit... with a side of...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a SS Loop, which I really liked, and I've been meaning to get back to. Like about 100 other things I've been meaning to get back to while I collect even more crap that I haven't even gotten to once yet :D
I really liked the green with the gunmetal, for some reason. I got it for a Luna, hoping it'll look nice. I should check that out while they're both out still. Might end up looking like shit, too.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just cannot cannot do Tapatalk personally.

Only way I’ll view VU besides my desktop... and still both cases VU2.0 is slow.

Hopefully they remedy it... doubt it though... going patreon and ad free... less money for bandwidth

Not that I saw ads with TT or my computer blocking them all... but at least it was faster.

The new tools to me... don’t see them being on TT mostly, and on desk top, I have the 3 sub forums I frequent bookmarked, so mostly the rest of VU is ignored.

I know I’m not the only one annoyed... I’m sure a large majority are annoyed and would easily accept losing whatever “upgrades” over VU1.0 to go back to speedy without the “please deposit another $0.25 for the next 3 minutes” delay (old pay phone humor)

Anyway

#VU2.0ISSLOW

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nope. But, I'm sure I have something I'll like it on. The green in the Luna photographs differently than it looks in person. So weird.

View attachment 168702

I have a green Armour Pro also, but mine is the green like the old Jadeite glassware. Gunmetal looks great on it - I keep moving atomizers around, and time after time my gunmetal Aromamizer Lite keeps ending up on the Armour Pro.

I hope you enjoy yours. I really have used mine a lot and I love the size of it. Plus, it just vapes great!

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Vape mail from @Ms. Trixy
Zeus x Mesh - Green...
I had no idea what I was going to use it on but the price was to good to pass up.

I found the perfect mod for it! An older vape mail from @debinnv

4a736bbc0a98bcc94fde5480787b9a6a.jpg

Looks great on there!!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never shopped at Vape Juice Depot before but they had what I wanted and an acceptable price. My favorite juice of all time-
20200911_130228(1).jpg
I asked them if they could send me any stickers if they had them and I got a Propaganda E-Liquid shirt! They threw some stickers in too.
20200911_125152_HDR.jpg

Another Eightvape order came today. This one's from their $2 coil sale.
20200911_124643.jpg
20200911_124139(1).jpg

VU Sponsors