Become a Patron!

The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread #2

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
got me some some good stuff last couple days. Yesterday, my sbs I had sent to Dicodes over two months ago for repair and sat in German customs for two months actually made it back. It's a Festivus Miracle!

Today some nice classic pieces arrived.
View attachment 181358View attachment 181359View attachment 181360

I recognize the GP Paps v1.5 and Heron. Since the Heron is integrated on a Paps v1.5 I'm guessing it's also a v1.5. If you have not tried one before you must very slightly close the air intake else it will whistle for you.

For a while Vaporart shipped a nice ballistic nylon pouch with the Paps mods. I had a Paps v1.5 or X with Heron v1.5 on my belt while golfing for 3 years.

And then there is the nicely polished Spheroid. I have multiples of both of those. They are a really great MTL vapes.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I recognize the GP Paps v1.5 and Heron. Since the Heron is integrated on a Paps v1.5 I'm guessing it's also a v1.5. If you have not tried one before you must very slightly close the air intake else it will whistle for you.

For a while Vaporart shipped a nice ballistic nylon pouch with the Paps mods. I had a Paps v1.5 or X with Heron v1.5 on my belt while golfing for 3 years.

And then there is the nicely polished Spheroid. I have multiples of both of those. They are a really great MTL vapes.
You sir, clearly have good taste and are a vintage vaper. Let me know if you have a spheroid v4 you would part with.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I do not have the v4 Spheroid. I only have the v3.
I would like to get a v4 as I understand it's designed to be able to be built more like a typical rta with cotton wicking. Although, I found a post on a UK forum describing a method for using cotton wicking with the other material to be stuffed in as sponge-like reservoir. Have not tried it yet...

VaporGroh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I would like to get a v4 as I understand it's designed to be able to be built more like a typical rta with cotton wicking. Although, I found a post on a UK forum describing a method for using cotton wicking with the other material to be stuffed in as sponge-like reservoir. Have not tried it yet...
Yes, the Spheroid v3 can use cotton wicking that same as the Heron. Both work really well stuffed with 'Fluff'. Fluff is what was sold by VaporArt and used as a filler. With the Spheroid it is important because the wick is not covered as it is in the Heron. The cotton wick simply needs to touch the Fluff and it feeds really well.

My understanding was that the v4 spheroid opened up the airflow a bit.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Trade from @Tall Pines
Purge Mods Detonator LE
313ec691c07bb1e5edc9c4574c345964.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got the cutest surprise today that @gadget! made for me. This is ingenious! He sent a nice dual battery Innokin mod too. Love the feel of it. It's soft and almost velvety feeling. I just love the atty holder with a whole bunch of coils inside that will be perfect for the rba sections I have for my pod devices. Thank you my wonderful friend!

IMG_20210504_130634311.jpg

IMG_20210504_131606896.jpgIMG_20210504_131621570.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sourcemore still treating me good, 2 weeks to my door :)

View attachment 181479
They really have been pretty good with shipping times lately. Fasttech on the other hand..........ya, not so much.
Nice squonker. I really like the one I have. Sure wish they would make some different panels for them that you could buy separtely.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
47CB8C60-776F-4C4B-80C1-64E5D33937E3.jpeg

Nice trade with @Ms. Trixy
I already have plenty of SuperTank Minis in my rotation and traded her a blue one and a white/red splatter for these two beauts.

I dig the OG SuperTanks and as I said to Trix when she proposed to add the blue to the trade.....

I already have a blue SuperTank.....AND NOW I'LL HAVE TWO!!!🤪

she even sent me a prepaid shipping label 👍

as Frank Sinatra said about Ava Gardner....."that dame's got class"

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
And I got yours today, @SpectoVia !
What a surprise to find the koozies and keychains! I've already put them to good use! The blue one is for my house keys and the red I put on the extra set of keys for the house we use out back so hubs doesn't leave them in his pocket and washes them with his pants. lol

Love the Mini Supers! Thanks a bunch!

SpectoVia Surprise.jpg

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
And, the love didn't stop there. I received a surprise package from @Just Frank today too! Just out of the blue she sends me this!
I'm so happy! When I sold my Elder Dragon a few months ago and came to regret it. I went on Wotofo's website to buy another one and they were out of stock. Gone from the website. She's an angel. 😇 Thank you so much! :hug:
JustFrank Surprise.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They really have been pretty good with shipping times lately. Fasttech on the other hand..........ya, not so much.
Nice squonker. I really like the one I have. Sure wish they would make some different panels for them that you could buy separtely.

I agree, I just got a package from fasttech, took 2 months, sticking with sourcemore or 3fvape if decided to order anything else.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And, the love didn't stop there. I received a surprise package from @Just Frank today too! Just out of the blue she sends me this!
I'm so happy! When I sold my Elder Dragon a few months ago and came to regret it. I went on Wotofo's website to buy another one and they were out of stock. Gone from the website. She's an angel. 😇 Thank you so much! :hug:
View attachment 181513
Yay! I'm glad it got there safe! I remember you were looking for a black one too a while back and I found some. Those babies have been tough to come by stateside. I was a little late to the Elder Dragon party. By the time I got one, black seemed to be sold out everywhere. Hope you enjoy it!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree, I just got a package from fasttech, took 2 months, sticking with sourcemore or 3fvape if decided to order anything else.
Yep, same here. Even Vapesourcing is faster. Of course it's a crapshoot whether or not they send you the right color! Sheesh they have messed up my orders a few times now. Pisses me off. So much so I tossed one of them in the trash. I DON'T DO ORANGE! Sorry @dubya314 :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got the Mutant RDA the other day. Really interesting build deck. Vertical but so easy to build and wonderful flavor. Has a bunch of different airflow settings.

View attachment 181514

View attachment 181515
That airflow looks smooth. I set up a Hellbeast and it's got one of the nicest draws I've experienced. It has a buncha little dots like that. I might order a Drop 1.5 because it looks good too.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That airflow looks smooth. I set up a Hellbeast and it's got one of the nicest draws I've experienced. It has a buncha little dots like that. I might order a Drop 1.5 because it looks good too.
The OG Drop is still one I use all the time with my squonk mods

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I remember a while back a few members where talking about what magnifying glass led light combo they purchased on Amazon to use when coil building.
I need 1 now as my eyes aren't gettn any younger. I would love a recommendation as i trust vu members far more than random Amazon reviews.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I remember a while back a few members where talking about what magnifying glass led light combo they purchased on Amazon to use when coil building.
I need 1 now as my eyes aren't gettn any younger. I would love a recommendation as i trust vu members far more than random Amazon reviews.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Wb80 I have an older version of the headband magnifier @Carambrda posted that works great. For $24 it's a good deal. I paid $33 for mine in 2016 and it's still going strong. This is what I have and it's still available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CDJKM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's my most recent vape mails:
bKoOdvG.jpg

My first squonk RDA was a Drop Solo. I won a gold one in a contest and ended up buying a black one. I got a Stainless one to complete my collection :
Vv9v56l.jpg

This wire is good but the spools and labeling could use improvements.
wXdxtRI.jpg

There's only one in the photo but I got two Mesh Pro RBAs:
4akp4Yu.jpg

These RBAs have way less airflow than the old Fireluke velocity styled ones. It's a dual coil deck but a single coil would probably be better I'm thinking. The tank is an Advken Dark Mesh.

My Oxva Arbiter showed up today:
dYsgbwA.jpg

It's a big tank but it looks like it's gonna vape really nice.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Wb80 I have an older version of the headband magnifier @Carambrda posted that works great. For $24 it's a good deal. I paid $33 for mine in 2016 and it's still going strong. This is what I have and it's still available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007CDJKM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I remember seeing that one, but 3× magnification IMO just isn't enough for making some of the more intricate builds. That's what I found out at the time when I did my stapled helix build that uses twisted 32g Ni80 for the frames with an 8ply .3×.1 Ni80 ribbon stack in between, and 7 pieces of 40g Ni80 for the fuse, i.e. fusing it by skipping 6 grooves with every half turn, then filling up these 6 grooves one by one by fusing 6 additional times after that. When I was doing the 1st fuse, counting the 6 grooves simply by looking at them under magnification was impossible, as I just kept losing count, time after time after time until finally I decided to hold the twisted frame between my index finger and thumb to slide the fingernail of my thumb very gently and very slowly from one groove to the next one and count them like this.

Even though this method of counting them worked wonders, I still found that more than 3× magnification was needed to be able to get the 40g wrap wire to go tidily into the groove and not crumple. Keeping the wrap wire snug at all times whilst trying very hard to avoid unnecessary eyestrain was the biggest challenge. The more it all keeps wiggling around, the more dizziness will ensue. The good news is you can put the spool of 40g down on your desk in such a particular way that the wire remains snug each time when you take another break and relax your eyes by using a cloud of vapor. Zen also helps a lot. (But you can't order it from amazen.)

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some vape mail from two of our awesome members.
First up from @gadget! A gorgeous setup of a OOAK Double Barrel and Peacemaker tank. The DB even has little jewels :) So pretty

IMG_20210507_110002829.jpgIMG_20210507_110009267.jpg

Second, some goodies from @Just Frank. A Elder Dragon RDA and a Aromamizer Lite ( this is the tank I lent to my daughter never to be seen again of course!) I am thrilled to have one again.

IMG_20210507_110041874.jpgIMG_20210507_110121905.jpg

Both of you, thank you so much. You're amazing! LYF's!!

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
First up from @gadget! A gorgeous setup of a OOAK Double Barrel and Peacemaker tank. The DB even has little jewels :) So pretty

View attachment 181569View attachment 181570

Second, some goodies from @Just Frank. A Elder Dragon RDA and a Aromamizer Lite ( this is the tank I lent to my daughter never to be seen again of course!) I am thrilled to have one again.

View attachment 181571View attachment 181572

Love the v ant

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 181569View attachment 181570

View attachment 181571View attachment 181572

I forgot how good blue and stainless look together. Hope you enjoy the atomizers! LYF!

VU Sponsors