Become a Patron!

Ti wire on my vtec mini....help pleasee...

Everytime I put a dual coil build on my device, it switches from temp control to power mode. Can anyone give me any insight? I'm pretty novice when it comes to vaping in general. so any tips will help me out.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Did you lock the resistance? The TC curve is programmed for SS316 is that what your using? If it senses a non TC wire curve it may switch even with the resistance locked. Have you tried a manual TCR setting. What resistance is your build?

that's the problem. I don't understand all of that. if you have a link or something that explains this stuff I would appreciate it. my single coil build will work. the ohm is usuall .1-.2 using the single. I'm using 26ga usually 6 wraps.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Page 5 of the manual tells you how to lock the resistance. That sets the base/cold resistance so the TC knows what to do. I'd suggest looking through the forum topics for a lot of good info. If your trying to put 2 of the 6 wrap coils in as a dual coil your resistance is half of what you think it is. Using the same build for dual coils you need 12 wraps on each coil. http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp is your best friend for coil building. Check out You Tube videos. SS316 is the type of wire your using there are many kinds 316, 316L 304 and so on and they all need different settings. Manual TCR lets you fine tune the curve for the type of wire your using don't worry about that for now. I don't know of any one link that covers it all but I'd start reading in the regulated mod section. There are a lot of people who have that mod and you can find many answers there. Do some research ask questions vape safely and welcome to the VU.

It may seem overwhelming at first but life is overwhelming and a crap load of fun. I don't do dual coils anymore but hopefully someone who does can help with that.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bottom line is learn before doing. Don't want to see your blown up face in the news.

And welcome to the VU.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First, did you put it into TC Ti mode? alot of people put it in TC Ni mode by accident, and it just won't work that way.

Second, did you let the coils readjust to room temp after installing them in the RDA? This is crucial, as the mod won't read the TCR correctly, and kick you out of TC mode.

Third, are you sure there are no shorts? I know it's kinda hard to tell since it's TC wire and can't be dry-fired, but a short may kick you out of TC mode also.

And too lock the resistance (ONLY after letting the coils readjust to room temp) triple tap the fire button (this will give you the ability to scroll through the menu options) scroll down to the "Ohms/resistance" reading, then select it and the resistance will lock (indicated by the little padlock icon)

VU Sponsors