Become a Patron!

Transition from mech mod to box mod really need help!

so I've been vaping on a vaporfi edge battery with vsix sub ohm tank for over a year. I tried using the kanger tech mini topbox but hated it. I'm currently looking into getting a box mod with two tanks one rdta and one sub ohm that i can both use on the same device. At the moment I'm considering a wismec rx2/3 with a geek vape tsunami and a smok tfv8 cloud beast. I'm new to all of this so am well aware I must take my time and learn about the ohm law and batteries. But I just can't seem to decide what to start with. Any advice would be really helpful and much appreciated. Thx for reading fellow vapers!

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The TFV8 is a good tank for clouds, I find them a bit lacking in the flavor department though personally. The Sense Blazer though is great for both, I imagine, since the coils are interchangeable you could get the same vape on the Smok tank as the Sense tank, in theory but it's all subjective. I've heard good things about the tsunami, both in flavor and clouds, but because of the bottom airflow they are more prone to leaking. I'd suggest something with side airflow if you think you'll over drip or are just getting started with RDA's little more leeway with over dripping until you get the hang of it.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ

The TFV8 is a good tank for clouds, I find them a bit lacking in the flavor department though personally. The Sense Blazer though is great for both, I imagine, since the coils are interchangeable you could get the same vape on the Smok tank as the Sense tank, in theory but it's all subjective. I've heard good things about the tsunami, both in flavor and clouds, but because of the bottom airflow they are more prone to leaking. I'd suggest something with side airflow if you think you'll over drip or are just getting started with RDA's little more leeway with over dripping until you get the hang of it.

"Some people call me a redneck, and some people call me a hick, some people call me an asshole, and some people call me just dick. I'm a hellbilly."

HellbillyRJ
Thx man for the reply il consider the sense blazer. Any opinion on the wismec rx2/3?

HellbillyRJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have any experience or knowledge on that mod just yet. As I'm only recently starting out myself in the past month. Tanks are cheaper than mods so I've got a ton of those tanks and RDA's both. I can speak from experience on the Kanger SuBox Mini which isn't a bad mod or kit, for starting out but I outgrew it in a couple weeks as it just didn't offer enough power for me at 50w. I upgraded to the Alien 220w though and I do highly recommend that. I have a "very thorough" review in a different section of the site (http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/305943/) you're invited to check it out. As I increase my collection of mods and tanks I will have more reviews later on. People are quick to respond and offer advice and opinions here though so I'm sure someone can get you the relevant information on the mod. And there may be a review posted already by another member as well if you're interested.

HellbillyRJ

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
so I've been vaping on a vaporfi edge battery with vsix sub ohm tank for over a year. I tried using the kanger tech mini topbox but hated it. I'm currently looking into getting a box mod with two tanks one rdta and one sub ohm that i can both use on the same device. At the moment I'm considering a wismec rx2/3 with a geek vape tsunami and a smok tfv8 cloud beast. I'm new to all of this so am well aware I must take my time and learn about the ohm law and batteries. But I just can't seem to decide what to start with. Any advice would be really helpful and much appreciated. Thx for reading fellow vapers!
The Vaporfi Edge isn't a Mech, it's a regulated device which just isn't VV/VW.

Anyway heard good things about the Alien and Smoant Battlestar, might wanna look at them. If you like the simplicity you might also want to look at the Tesla 3, it's regulated but isn't VV/VW.

The Vaporfi Edge isn't a Mech, it's a regulated device which just isn't VV/VW.

Anyway heard good things about the Alien and Smoant Battlestar, might wanna look at them. If you like the simplicity you might also want to look at the Tesla 3, it's regulated but isn't VV/VW.
Yeh your right it's not a vv/vw. I just didn't know what to call it. I heard a lot of good about the alien but honestly just really don't like the look of it and the colours. As for the Tesla also not really into the look of it. I also thought about getting a tuglyfe tugboat. But heard it eats the battery's too quick and u can't upgrade the battery unless resoldering which is something I don't want to try doing. Anyway I will check out the battlestar. Thx for the reply

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome :cheers:

What's your budget buddy? We'll spend it for you ;)

TFV8 awesome tank love mine

Do you want RTA, RDA or RDTA options after this?

Box mods do you want power or temp control or both?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im feeling most would recommend the Smoant battlestar over the Wisemec..I asked in a similar thread using more mods as choices and the Smoant was highly recommended..the battlestar is next on my list of purchases.

Welcome :cheers:

What's your budget buddy? We'll spend it for you ;)

TFV8 awesome tank love mine

Do you want RTA, RDA or RDTA options after this?

Box mods do you want power or temp control or both?
I already went an purchased the wismec rx2/3 and a tfv8, wasn't that hard either to set it up only issue is the tfv8 is flooding juice everywhere. I did close the air flows whilst filling up but that didn't help. I read online it might be because I connected the atomizer first from the bottom down on the build. Any advice on how to get the leakage issue resolved? Thx for the reply

Im feeling most would recommend the Smoant battlestar over the Wisemec..I asked in a similar thread using more mods as choices and the Smoant was highly recommended..the battlestar is next on my list of purchases.
I went with a wismec, here where I live there's a shop that can guarantee me upto two years, and I thought safer option. Plus they don't sell the smoant here and I would have to order and pay delivery and customs, thx for the reply

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I went with a wismec, here where I live there's a shop that can guarantee me upto two years, and I thought safer option. Plus they don't sell the smoant here and I would have to order and pay delivery and customs, thx for the reply

It will be the rubber seal at the bottom of the pre made coil it needs to be flat with no gap at the bottom ...sort that out by pushing the wires back a little
Also hand tighten the coil so its in there snug (don't go gorilla but it should be tight)

If it's RBA base you are using it's a bitch to work on you need absolutely just the right amount of wicking (there are guides all over the place just google that one)...also keep wicking up out of the way of the bottom fed air holes ...if it touches them you'll get leaks

One thing I have noticed is taking the atty of and putting it back on the mod worsens your leaking problem ...when you take the atty off the mod it unscrews the poxy coil inside...or losens the glass so always try and unscrew from the bottom rather than the top

VU Sponsors