Become a Patron!

Trying to quit!

Hello I have been off nicotine for about 5 days now and I'm having some issues! They first one is anger but the main one shortness of breath! I have been vaping for about 8 months now solid! And I decided it was time to quit! I never smoked cigs I do vaporize cannabis daily for medical purposes and smoke it maybe once every 2 months. Have any of you guys experienced this after trying to quit? I started with 50mg nic salt in my sourin air and then the past few months I have slowly dropped it down to 20mg nic salt and I have completely stopped vaping for 5 days I do have some cravings but not as bad as I thought it would be! I'm wondering if this is just from anxiety or if somthing is wrong with my lungs I'm planning on going to the doctors to get my lungs tested. But I hope its just from anxiety! I have had lots of issues with shortness of breath before I started vaping so I'm thinking its anxiety but I just keep gasping for air and yawning to get a full breath and I feel dizzy sometimes. Anyways looking to hear some of your withdraw symptoms and if you guys have ever experienced shortness of breath when trying to quit vaping?

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Its 2 things....

One, your lungs, no longer being drowned in vape are healing...The inflammation associated with the continuous exposure to high concentrations of forien material is gong away.

So, your blood oxygen levels are rising giving you a sorta light headed feeling associated with anxiety.

Stick with it, it fades with time.(or you get used to it.)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Hello I have been off nicotine for about 5 days now and I'm having some issues! They first one is anger but the main one shortness of breath! I have been vaping for about 8 months now solid! And I decided it was time to quit! I never smoked cigs I do vaporize cannabis daily for medical purposes and smoke it maybe once every 2 months. Have any of you guys experienced this after trying to quit? I started with 50mg nic salt in my sourin air and then the past few months I have slowly dropped it down to 20mg nic salt and I have completely stopped vaping for 5 days I do have some cravings but not as bad as I thought it would be! I'm wondering if this is just from anxiety or if somthing is wrong with my lungs I'm planning on going to the doctors to get my lungs tested. But I hope its just from anxiety! I have had lots of issues with shortness of breath before I started vaping so I'm thinking its anxiety but I just keep gasping for air and yawning to get a full breath and I feel dizzy sometimes. Anyways looking to hear some of your withdraw symptoms and if you guys have ever experienced shortness of breath when trying to quit vaping?

If I am reading this right, you were not a smoker of cigarette and picked up a diy sourin air mod pod, and used nic salts.
Ok... the cravings you are having is a result of using nic salts.

I agree with Kevin.. to a point. However.... You do not have a smoker's set of lungs.. even if you only toke a joint/oil/etc 1 time, every 2 months.
Why'd ya pick up vaping? (curious)

Chances are, it is just anxiety, but for a proper diagnoses, see your doctor. You may have something going on that no advise on line will help you untill you are checked out by a professional.

Shortness of breath, but you are not a smoker.. yeah.. get it checked out.. especially since you had these symptoms before even picking up a habit like vaping.

VU Sponsors