Become a Patron!

Updates on the IPV4????

IML8

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
At this point, vendors who are neither shipping nor updating their customers are looking foolish. There are only a couple options. They are either being lazy and disingenuous or they are second and third tier vendors who are truly clueless and not valued enough by their distributers to be kept in the loop. In either case, it doesn't reflect positively or bode well for their currently waiting customers to use them for future transactions. In both cases it's stupid business practice and poor management skills.

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm having a strange problem with the IPV4 reading my nickel coil.

I got a 28g 6 wraps around 3.5 reading about .12ohms. When in Power mode, it reads the coil correctly. When I switch to Joules mode, its reading .53 with some weird symbol prefixed to the ohm reading. I'm gonna try a 10 wrap to increase the resistance or something. Anyone have this problem? The only thing I can think of is the resistance is too low maybe? It fires correctly on my VS DNA40, strange...

BTW, this is built on the SubTank Mini RBA.

T8gLiUjl.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Especially gearbest. They extended pre-sales at least 5 times that I've known of. Poor quantity control with customers...but seems to be the same all over...

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, I tried my goto nickel build on my Derringer and I am getting the exact same reading as above. Not good so far. It's like it's stuck on that resistance. I've tried restarting and removing batteries to no avail. Anyone know how to reset it? There doesn't seem to be anything behind the little hole above the charger port, I thought it was the reset button.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay, I tried my goto nickel build on my Derringer and I am getting the exact same reading as above. Not good so far. It's like it's stuck on that resistance. I've tried restarting and removing batteries to no avail. Anyone know how to reset it? There doesn't seem to be anything behind the little hole above the charger port, I thought it was the reset button.
i had a similiar issue on mini subtank with nickel, what fixed it was to only screw the tank on till i felt a little resistance (subtank pin making contact with floating 510) then i set the resistance and it read correctly then screwed it down the last lil bit. this only happened on one of my subtanks the rest have had no issue's i did clean the 510 pin on the subtank aswell now its working fine

Last edited:

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Mav,

How are you setting the resistance? I've tried 3 different builds and can't get it off of the .53 reading. Power mode reads fine as does my VS.

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for bugging and posting back to back.

I figured out how to set the resistance. Gonna mess around with it some more and see what happens.

Thanks again!!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Mav,

How are you setting the resistance? I've tried 3 different builds and can't get it off of the .53 reading. Power mode reads fine as does my VS.
try this put it in power mode set the resistance if it is correct then, then try changing it to joules it should stay the same

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry for bugging and posting back to back.

I figured out how to set the resistance. Gonna mess around with it some more and see what happens.

Thanks again!!
wait so did you not set the resistance (positive and negative buttons pressed at same time) is that why it went up on you? i think it joules maxes out at .5 ohms so maybe thats why it was doing that.
nickel changes in resistance when heated, thats why you need to set the resistance when the tank is at room tempature and the mod as well. it doesn't automatically detect set resistance like dna40.
If want some in depth instructions on how to use temp control on this iPV4 I highly suggest you look into the Sx Mini M class they are both done the same way.
the resistance readings on my Sx mini and my iPV4 are very close when I tried multiple nickel builds on them.

Last edited:

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAHAHA, yeah, I'm an idiot. Typical guy thing to just go straight into it without reading directions.

I'm used to my VS, put the atomizer on cold, fire it and it ask's "New or Same coil?" and then sets.

Now that I have it figured out it's time to put it through the paces.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAHAHA, yeah, I'm an idiot. Typical guy thing to just go straight into it without reading directions.

I'm used to my VS, put the atomizer on cold, fire it and it ask's "New or Same coil?" and then sets.

aww no worries m8 all good just glad you figured it out I prob would have made the same mistake had I not watched nearly every video on the web about sx mini m class before buying my sx mini lol. I do still use my rdna40 daily its still a good temp control mod.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Refund in progress from GB, got email today saying they can't meet the order and then another saying item will restock in next week or two.Im done with that B.S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You ordered black right?

Unless I get some bullshit email I will see what happens with my order this week.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You ordered black right?

Unless I get some bullshit email I will see what happens with my order this week.
Yeah,checked email earlier and two different emails saying mixed BS.
We've talked and you know I'm into mechs anyways and other than ipvmini I just got first time I was going to try out regulated device in some time and now thinking just use funds towards more mechs lol

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah,checked email earlier and two different emails saying mixed BS.
We've talked and you know I'm into mechs anyways and other than ipvmini I just got first time I was going to try out regulated device in some time and now thinking just use funds towards more mechs lol

Makes sense to me the ipv4 $ could help fund another venture.

The ipv4 I ordered from GB went into processing today so I figure by next week it should either ship or some lame email which will make me decide either to pull out or ride it out.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Makes sense to me the ipv4 $ could help fund another venture.

The ipv4 I ordered from GB went into processing today so I figure by next week it should either ship or some lame email which will make me decide either to pull out or ride it out.
Good luck buddy hopefully works out for you :) You know Im eying authentic
Mechs anyways but might pick up castigador clone and dos equis clone and and if I like one of them enough start saving/selling towards a authentic one .

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks like GB extended their pre-sales again lol....now it's going on until may 10th. They have more pics in their details

roadshaker

Member For 4 Years
Ordered from VaporizerChief. They shipped Thurs and will be in my hand Mon the 4th.Price has since went up so was glad I orderered when I did.Got it for less than $68! I have the IPV3 and Sig100 and many,many more regulated mods but am excited to try the TC for the first time.Good luck everyone waiting on theirs!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered from VaporizerChief. They shipped Thurs and will be in my hand Mon the 4th.Price has since went up so was glad I orderered when I did.Got it for less than $68! I have the IPV3 and Sig100 and many,many more regulated mods but am excited to try the TC for the first time.Good luck everyone waiting on theirs!
Good for you!
This is truly an awesome mod!
I haven't used the TC mode yet but I like the build quality and performance..it looks cool too...my hats off to P4U !

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I have tried several different specialty coil builds with nickel to find the best combination with a dripper in TC mode on the ipv4. (28g nickel is such a pain in the butt to wrap and secure without breaking leads on its own). I did a clapton with nickel core and nichrome outer (as well an attempt with kanthal). I have done a helix coil and well as various twisted. Any coil works as long as there is nickel present to read back to the chip. The mix of wire however does require a higher temp setting.

I have been trying the new aromamizer rda (since it is supposed to be such a flavor atty) but the posts are so small and airflow is fairly restricted (compared to dark horse or mutation x). Gonna keep trying to find the perfect mix for TC

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck buddy hopefully works out for you :) You know Im eying authentic
Mechs anyways but might pick up castigador clone and dos equis clone and and if I like one of them enough start saving/selling towards a authentic one .

Both of those mods do look interesting.

Gearbest is seeming pretty lame. I expected a wait with the ipv4, but I placed a separate order for another item and got an email five days after ordering telling me they could not fulfill. I kind of expected it because they had a color listed no one else had. I told them to send me a black version and told them for my inconvenience I wanted them to expedite the processing. If they can not appease me then I will take the refund and order from another site.

Looks like GB extended their pre-sales again lol....now it's going on until may 10th. They have more pics in their details
Not listed as a pre-order but instead back ordered until the 10th. Hard to say with them as that may be when they are expecting another wave or maybe this is for their first wave, who knows what is going on with them. If they can not deliver I might just give up on the ipv4 as I don't need the damn thing.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both of those mods do look interesting.

Gearbest is seeming pretty lame. I expected a wait with the ipv4, but I placed a separate order for another item and got an email five days after ordering telling me they could not fulfill. I kind of expected it because they had a color listed no one else had. I told them to send me a black version and told them for my inconvenience I wanted them to expedite the processing. If they can not appease me then I will take the refund and order from another site.

Not listed as a pre-order but instead back ordered until the 10th. Hard to say with them as that may be when they are expecting another wave or maybe this is for their first wave, who knows what is going on with them. If they can not deliver I might just give up on the ipv4 as I don't need the damn thing.
As far as I know it's the first wave no one here has posted they have received from GB so who knows

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know it's the first wave no one here has posted they have received from GB so who knows
I was thinking it was possible they got the first wave a couple days ago or Monday like other places are getting and the back order on the listing could be for the second wave. But yeah who knows with them as communication seems dicey. I looked at other sites that are quick with updates like the Vapor Chief and they are shipping their first wave and saying second wave 5/11/15.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also getting the same info from other b&m online vendors.

So looks like we'll be getting within a week or 2..

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

dankrips what are your initail thoughts of the Tc function of the iPV4

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have tried several different specialty coil builds with nickel to find the best combination with a dripper in TC mode on the ipv4. (28g nickel is such a pain in the butt to wrap and secure without breaking leads on its own). I did a clapton with nickel core and nichrome outer (as well an attempt with kanthal). I have done a helix coil and well as various twisted. Any coil works as long as there is nickel present to read back to the chip. The mix of wire however does require a higher temp setting.

I have been trying the new aromamizer rda (since it is supposed to be such a flavor atty) but the posts are so small and airflow is fairly restricted (compared to dark horse or mutation x). Gonna keep trying to find the perfect mix for TC
Try 26g for single coil. A .10 is just a ten wrap around 3.5 diameter rod. Or some tightly twisted 28(till the wire breaks) you'll have way better results

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try 26g for single coil. A .10 is just a ten wrap around 3.5 diameter rod. Or some tightly twisted 28(till the wire breaks) you'll have way better results
I read somewhere the IPV4 will fire down to .1 in power mode...but it will only fire down to .12 in joules mode...
Somebody correct me if I got wrong

dankrips

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dankrips what are your initail thoughts of the Tc function of the iPV4

So far so good. I haven't really had time to try too much but so far I'm really impressed. It seems to be pretty awesome and accurate.

I've been out all day without her so I'll be spending more time with her tonight getting her ready for my work day tomorrow.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I read somewhere the IPV4 will fire down to .1 in power mode...but it will only fire down to .12 in joules mode...
Somebody correct me if I got wrong

The latest p4y video shows it firing a 0.072 ohm coil.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems that some of the reviewers on youtube have been saying that where the tanks screws down on iPV4 its only 22mm I don't have anything to measure that ,but I can say that it's not. It seems to be more like 23mm or maybe even 23.5mm cause my subtank mini's have a little space when attached and the subtank plus only slightly overlaps the device.
http://imgur.com/45Kv59x,yA2AJF8,WT4fUz7,QO4ESzv#0
http://imgur.com/45Kv59x,yA2AJF8,WT4fUz7,QO4ESzv#1
http://imgur.com/45Kv59x,yA2AJF8,WT4fUz7,QO4ESzv#2
http://imgur.com/45Kv59x,yA2AJF8,WT4fUz7,QO4ESzv#3

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems that some of the reviewers on youtube have been saying that where the tanks screws down on iPV4 its only 22mm I don't have anything to measure that ,but I can say that it's not. It seems to be more like 23mm or maybe even 23.5mm cause my subtank mini's have a little space when attached and the subtank plus only slightly overlaps the device.
I does seem like its 23mm
With the 22mm Herkales I can still see a ring that's part of the pad that looks about 1mm wide..
cc62d6726c71336352b529aefea38ea5.jpg
35fef56febfd43f8d091c09dffa87917.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does that hinder the vape quality or is it just a piff about the device that it doesn't fit with subs

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does that hinder the vape quality or is it just a piff about the device that it doesn't fit with subs
I just edited my post and added photo's. doesn't hinder vape quality at all. I prefer it being a 23mm device IMO.
At any rate it's slightly smaller then my sig dual 18650 box mods and feels very good in the hand.

Last edited:

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking for myself it does not hinder vape quality (airflow) at all.. My subtanks and RDAs all have wide open adjustable air slots on the side..they don't pull in air from the bottom.. However those slots your talking about might be there to help cool an RDA/tank chain vaping or vaping at high wattages...I do both, with excellent vape quality

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone here had any experience with building temp control rba's with titanium wire?

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the actual numbers are less important than the fact it means you can actually stick a dual coil build on there without needing a 50mm diameter atty. :eek:
62e09fce6657eaa7a165deea992146d4.jpg

Wooglin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am sorry to hear so many are having a hard time getting the IPV4. I had one preordered from gb and canceled on Thursday. Ordered from another company same day, and it arrived yesterday (sat). Very nice device. Working great in TC mode. I am running a .067 ohm dual coil build in a mutation v3. Also have a subtank mini with the nickel OCC coil.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the actual numbers are less important than the fact it means you can actually stick a dual coil build on there without needing a 50mm diameter atty. :eek:
Jump to 6:00 mins lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am sorry to hear so many are having a hard time getting the IPV4. I had one preordered from gb and canceled on Thursday. Ordered from another company same day, and it arrived yesterday (sat). Very nice device. Working great in TC mode. I am running a .067 ohm dual coil build in a mutation v3. Also have a subtank mini with the nickel OCC coil.
That's great...who did you order from??
Let's see some pics

Last edited:

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'd honestly have done the same thing if it wasn't for the fact my preorder unit cost $65 versus the ~$90 everyone has been selling them for.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd honestly have done the same thing if it wasn't for the fact my preorder unit cost $65 versus the ~$90 everyone has been selling them for.
But they are worth $90...
Hell, I would've paid $100..
I got mine for $85 and lovin'it
Worth every penny,

VU Sponsors