Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So had to check the washing machine for a little squeak before I showered. No big deal I need to put some Lubriplate under the brackets for the struts. Not getting done today though~! Went to the Market for some dinner meat and Mom gives a freaking list I spent $100 freaking bucks~! Did pick up two 12 packs of Hard Seltzers though.

So making Skirt Steaks and it is a must to cook on charcoal so I went to clean and load the small BBQ but there was so many leaves I had to blow them in to the backyard to prevent a fire. Then I covered the A/C in my office but still can it if necessary in a flash~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I decided to have a Heineken on the front porch but I guess winter is here~! A little to chilly to be enjoyable. Still going to cook a charcoal fire outside the side door~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Had to take the other half to docs... Burned a hirens disk... also stored it on a flash drive ... will copy to ext hd and try to clone hd in computer...Raw running

Had a nice spicy italian sub ,
Hi rhi, be back shortly

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had to take the other half to docs... Burned a hirens disk... also stored it on a flash drive ... will copy to ext hd and try to clone hd in computer...Raw running

Had a nice spicy italian sub ,
Hi rhi, be back shortly

Good Luck

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why? Is it giving Read or Write failures?
It's okay, was running raw and it started having write errors, so I canceled it to check the drive. Was making all sorts of noise and would not quit. long story short I reformatted it and now xfer files manually

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's okay, was running raw and it started having write errors, so I canceled it to check the drive. Was making all sorts of noise and would not quit. long story short I reformatted it and now xfer files manually

But that won't be reliable storage and definitely not a Bootable OS Clone.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Let us know because I like tobacco juice. I couldn’t get the one shot I used to buy at LB so I bought Elizabeth’s Custard instead of Kings Custard. I mix it with Creme de Menthe and a hint of Black Honey Tobacco, so it should be okay. I stocked up on Vanilla Swirl, in case it needs anything extra. (Growl, LB are the only ones with the DIY or Die one shots I use.)
Have you tried www.flavorjungle.com? They carry DIY or Die oneshots.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Guinness Stout
AKA Mother's Milk! LOL

I was busy with work today and my work laptop decided to start dying. The CPU is running at 0.78 GHz when it should be running @ 2.6 GHz. I was watching snails doing laps around it just waiting for programs to load. Checked the power settings and it is plugged in. Company IT is sending me a new laptop since this one is 4 years old and out of warranty. Got all my data saved to One Drive so it's just a matter of getting the programs I use on the new machine. And no, I'm not going to try figuring out what is really wrong since they are giving me a new machine... If I'm not around tomorrow it's because I'll be messing with the new laptop.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
AKA Mother's Milk! LOL

I was busy with work today and my work laptop decided to start dying. The CPU is running at 0.78 GHz when it should be running @ 2.6 GHz. I was watching snails doing laps around it just waiting for programs to load. Checked the power settings and it is plugged in. Company IT is sending me a new laptop since this one is 4 years old and out of warranty. Got all my data saved to One Drive so it's just a matter of getting the programs I use on the new machine. And no, I'm not going to try figuring out what is really wrong since they are giving me a new machine... If I'm not around tomorrow it's because I'll be messing with the new laptop.

One of the problems I find with a Laptop that starts running slow is the Heat Compound needing refreshing. When the Processor can't cool of it slows it down to not generate heat~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Happy Friday, everyone. <3

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, those chocolate chips look great!! I’d bake you my fave banana bread, if you like bananas. Really yummy.

Ack, my house is upside down now. I had guys shlep out years of stuff I don’t want, like old clothes, books, furniture etc. But now I don’t know where anything is. They rearranged stuff. Without asking.

But I bought a new rug on sale. Hopefully it will look nice.

Its great to be talking to you again!! Love you, Wolfe. and :hug::hug::clouds::hug::hug:
:teehee: Those are peanut butter cookies in disguise :teehee: . It takes a while placing them on top of the cookie.
Banana and pumpkin bread are my favorite kind of breads, as long as there are no nuts in them. Can't eat any kind of nuts...can't have popcorn either :(
Maybe, when you look through stuff and get stuff situated again, you might find something you haven't seen in a while. I had hid a couple of hundred dollars... I was looking for a puzzle under the mattress (that's where I store my glued together puzzles) , there it was, who knows how long it had been there. So, you never know what you will find.
I'm sure your rug will look nice. If you didn't think it would look nice you wouldn't have bought it ;)
You know where I hide out at ;) it's a little hiding place of VU... you know where it's at ;) :) it's always a pleasure talking with you :) <3 Love you, Rhianne <3 :hug: <3
Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
:teehee: Those are peanut butter cookies in disguise :teehee: . It takes a while placing them on top of the cookie.
Banana and pumpkin bread are my favorite kind of breads, as long as there are no nuts in them. Can't eat any kind of nuts...can't have popcorn either :(
Maybe, when you look through stuff and get stuff situated again, you might find something you haven't seen in a while. I had hid a couple of hundred dollars... I was looking for a puzzle under the mattress (that's where I store my glued together puzzles) , there it was, who knows how long it had been there. So, you never know what you will find.
I'm sure your rug will look nice. If you didn't think it would look nice you wouldn't have bought it ;)
You know where I hide out at ;) it's a little hiding place of VU... you know where it's at ;) :) it's always a pleasure talking with you :)

I hate nuts in any kind of cake or bread! I got some pumpkin soup this week, it was pretty good. It was frozen.

I bought a 15 inch fake Christmas tree with decorations, so it won’t be totally Scrooge-ish this holiday.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hate nuts in any kind of cake or bread! I got some pumpkin soup this week, it was pretty good. It was frozen.

I bought a 15 inch fake Christmas tree with decorations, so it won’t be totally Scrooge-ish this holiday.
Cool, good to know I'm not the only one who don't put nuts in deserts. Gonna have to look up pumpkin soup...never heard of it :huh: . I eat pumpkin straight from the can so does Duke and Emma, well, I only feed them a tablespoon. They can't eat too much of it...will give them diarrhea :eek: . But they love it.
The tree will brighten it up in there, glad you decided to get one.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you, Wolfe. I’m blessed to have you as a friend!!
You're welcome :hug:
Awe, :inlove: Thank you ! I'm blessed to have you as a friend :hug: and Duke -n- Emma love having you as their Auntie :inlove:
Edit: Half my post disappeared :huh:

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So the windows where the dryer vent exits the house had dirt between the windows which was bothering me. So this morning I decided to pop out the windows and clean them. Thinking it was an easy job found that the outer windows was bulging which is why dirt got between them. So long story short after almost 3 hours of sanding the window where it was bulging and scraping and resealing it looks nice and is brighter by the washer and dryer.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
maxresdefault.jpg

@Rhianne, Sorry I'm a bit late.

Been piddling round doing lots of nothing. Sit down here with a cup o' Joe. Not quite sure what to get into. Walking using only the boot now. Got the crutches for just in case. Soon retire them to storage.

Sorry, feeling out of touch and at a loss for conversation. Ya'll run 'er slow, stay safe and have a good 'un. :) Hugs all around.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What happened?

I was silly because I was being fast. Had been fasting from food for a hospital visit one day, hm mid September iirc. Needed to do an ultra sound on my kidney and they snuck in a blood panel. So, after a few hours there I was ravenous.

Father in law took us to Tudor's. I got a gravy two, which is morning sausage gravy over two biscuits. Got back to his place. He went in, handed the bag back out the door with my food.

I turned and thought I had put my foot on the next step down. Pow! On my face I went. Torqued my ankle like a son o' a b*tch, possibly tore ligaments, knew I had at least severely strained. Went to get back up.

"Uh oh. (string together the expletives)" Looked around and a card table was still set up in the yard. I wiggled to it and got myself up before hollering at father in law. I was not putting weight on the foot. Kind of figured I had broke foot/ankle. Didn't know what exactly.

Turned out it was the little bone on the outside edge of my right foot. It was what they called a clean fracture. It didn't dislocate. Only needed to mend a bridge to reset itself.

Her dad is hilarious at times. "So, back to the death mill?" Me sighing and growling. "Look, you're not putting weight on. I'm taking you. We both know you probably done broke something." So, I ate my breakfast as we went back, in huge gulps. He chuckled halfway there. "Slow down, you'll die from choking."

I shot back, "watch the road old dough boy." Me and him give one another so much grief at times you might swear we'd not like each other. Way I figure though you'd have a fight from one or the other to get to either of us.

So yeah, been "off" for a few months now. Hoping to go back to actual job sometime after first of the year. Been gradually trying to get some firewood split. It goes rough at times trying to roll the logs where I need them. But I'm cleared for that as it's still in home so to speak, not cleared to push a broom on a paycheck.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did something to my shoulder recently doing some plumbing. No idea when or what happened just knew it hurt (#@&) when I moved a certain way or sneezed. Was bothering me for a few days while sleeping and in the AM then I had to rush adding a new shelf in pantry for a case of Progresso Soups I bought. Thought I would be suffering because of it but slept great that night and has been OK since. Works for me but I would recommend it to others~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did something to my shoulder recently doing some plumbing.

Ah, interesting question for you. When you install, or re-seat toilets, do you use bee's wax or the new silicone rubber? And can you explain your choice?

Know how I was taught by a guy what was a plumber longer than I've lived. He explained his reasoning well enough. "That's just the right way to do it."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always use a new Wax Seal never used Silicone. Also make sure when you do make sure to get the proper thickness. They offer 2. I am not a plumber but I know how do do plumbing.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I always use a new Wax Seal never used Silicone. Also make sure when you do make sure to get the proper thickness. They offer 2. I am not a plumber but I know how do do plumbing.

*chuckling* Far better than wife's brother in law. To hear his opinion of himself he is the best-est at everything, especially plumbing. Dumb ass went through three silicone seals. before my wife's granddad went out to the country market, come back with a wax one, set the toilet properly. I wasn't present and glad of it. I likely would have bust a gut laughing. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The reason I said to check the thickness is because I learned a lesson once when I bought the wrong one which consisted of doing the job twice~! Hard to knock the toilet off a fresh hard layer of plaster~!

VU Sponsors