Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been using a Magnifying Glass and bought thin optics for a while now but I lost my glasses so went for an eye test for new. Sure enough you know I found the pair I lost the day after I picked up the new ones~!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I broke a Beer Bottle yesterday and thought I got all the pieces. Stepped on one last night. A tiny piece and no big deal but it is right below the big toe and wasn't bothering me but as it is healing DAMN this is hurting when I walk.
Wished I'd read this when you posted.
Sometimes, using the skin from an egg shell will draw out the splinter/glass.

Too bad I didn't know this when I couldn't get out a splinter from my finger. I could literally see it move around and It took several years till it finally disappeared.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I first got glasses for myopia when I was 13. After a few prescription changes, I went into a phase where my eyes didn't change for nearly 20 years. But at 43, here came the bifocals. Then at about 53, I couldn't read the numbers on the odometer of my car. Hello, progressives. That was 12 years ago.

At age 50, I was taking no meds except for OTC Prilosec for acid reflux, but my god you should see the box of meds I'm taking now. Anti-depressant, beta blocker, thyroid med, IBS meds (two of them), gabapentin for fibromyalgia and neuropathy, and a bunch of vitamins, analgesics, and anti-inflammatories.

Getting old ain't for wimps.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I first got glasses for myopia when I was 13. After a few prescription changes, I went into a phase where my eyes didn't change for nearly 20 years. But at 43, here came the bifocals. Then at about 53, I couldn't read the numbers on the odometer of my car. Hello, progressives. That was 12 years ago.

At age 50, I was taking no meds except for OTC Prilosec for acid reflux, but my god you should see the box of meds I'm taking now. Anti-depressant, beta blocker, thyroid med, IBS meds (two of them), gabapentin for fibromyalgia and neuropathy, and a bunch of vitamins, analgesics, and anti-inflammatories.

Getting old ain't for wimps.
If it wasn't for the fact that I am running out of my meds my list is as long....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wished I'd read this when you posted.
Sometimes, using the skin from an egg shell will draw out the splinter/glass.

Too bad I didn't know this when I couldn't get out a splinter from my finger. I could literally see it move around and It took several years till it finally disappeared.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

No Glass Splinter when the piece went into my foot I immediately picked my foot up and puller it out. Then I used a Razor Blade Cutter to check to make sure nothing was stuck inside. Still just a touch tender because it is a stab wound but feeling 90% better than yesterday. I put Triple Antibiotic on it last night with a band aid and it feels OK today. Still tender though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I went from being Near Sighted to not needing my Glasses for driving to now needing reading glasses and the Doctor told me she wouldn't be able to certify I didn't need glasses for driving. I told her when the time comes I will take a DMV Test since they will be the one requesting it they can provide it~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
200.gif

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been using a Magnifying Glass and bought thin optics for a while now but I lost my glasses so went for an eye test for new. Sure enough you know I found the pair I lost the day after I picked up the new ones~!
If only I only needed reading glasses. I have to wear bifocals, but I hate the lined type with that tiny little area to read through. My insurance won't pay for progressive lenses, so I pay for those out of my own pocket.

The first time I got glasses and put them on, I'd swear it was like looking through binoculars. I never realized my vision was that bad.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hauled more dirt in the garden. Filled the bottom of the tomato bin with some sticks, straw, composted manure, another layer of loose straw, some wetter fresher manure mixed in that hadn't decomposed as much, more composted dirt and stuff. 2.5 10cu ft wheelbarrows full and looks like I might need some more. Added some more compost to the cucumber tubs and mixed in, got some mulch down on the fava beans.

1618540669748.png1618540725654.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If only I only needed reading glasses. I have to wear bifocals, but I hate the lined type with that tiny little area to read through. My insurance won't pay for progressive lenses, so I pay for those out of my own pocket.

The first time I got glasses and put them on, I'd swear it was like looking through binoculars. I never realized my vision was that bad.

Yeah the Reading Glasses they gave me are really strong~! I was using a 1x which were fine for me. I was going to go with the Progressives but I didn't want to get used to them and people told me after the fact that then made them dizzy or gave headaches. Thinking about it now looking at the Speedometer or GPS might after me driving.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rained like crazy yesterday and I need to go to the fish store today but thinking about cleaning out some leftover leaves and the flower beds and putting down some mulch.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah the Reading Glasses they gave me are really strong~! I was using a 1x which were fine for me. I was going to go with the Progressives but I didn't want to get used to them and people told me after the fact that then made them dizzy or gave headaches. Thinking about it now looking at the Speedometer or GPS might after me driving.

The thing with progressives - you have to give yourself time to adjust to them. After a week or 10 days, your brain can teach your eyes what to do. Admittedly they do feel funny at first, can make you feel dizzy and even a little disoriented. Once you get through that first bit of time, though, they really help with vision at all different distances. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The thing with progressives - you have to give yourself time to adjust to them. After a week or 10 days, your brain can teach your eyes what to do. Admittedly they do feel funny at first, can make you feel dizzy and even a little disoriented. Once you get through that first bit of time, though, they really help with vision at all different distances. I don't know what I'd do without mine.

I am having a hard enough time getting used to the reading glasses right now. I don't think the Progressives are for at least at this point.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I said screw it and put on my work clothes. Going to do the back yard flower beds since I trimmed the bushes already I can put the mulch down. I have to remember to take before and after pics for you guys~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
anti-inflammatories
Try adding some dried but sweetened cranberries, dried apricots, dates to the diet. These are potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, pine nuts are also good. I mix up my own trail mix to snack on. Really craving less processed sweets, sugars. Feeling just a bit better. Of course, all the standard disclaimers apply.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mind you, I was playing a disco track when I pulled up

Ha! Keep telling my witch disco ain't dead. She frowns and says I best not be listening to it when she's around. I'm not a great fan of it but once in a while it and classical break through the heavy metal and swing/big band jazz.

Oddly too, though maybe not, ... I also enjoy some traditional Irish music. One piece I like which likely has *ahem* connotations is Come Out Ye Black and Tans. Nay, ye no keen me leanings there.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*reads and takes heart as his wife is suffering getting nausea from her glasses, being progressives* Good to hear/read she'll get through it. I balance out, cannot see too far or too near and that compliments itself out. I've as near perfect vision as can. Worry over her though, she's only the one good eye.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ha! Keep telling my witch disco ain't dead. She frowns and says I best not be listening to it when she's around. I'm not a great fan of it but once in a while it and classical break through the heavy metal and swing/big band jazz.
:D Was the Bee Gee's Stayin Alive

🤔 ....perhaps the roo's and wallaby's figured out the best way to stay alive was to hop in the opposite direction when they heard it!

Might play this one next time.
:confused: on second thoughts it'd probably cause a mass extinction event as they all jump down the mineshafts after hearing that.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I went with progressives when they prescribed bifocals, the only prob I ever had was stepping off curbs...learned to look down or I ended up onmy ass..... :giggle:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:D Was the Bee Gee's Stayin Alive

🤔 ....perhaps the roo's and wallaby's figured out the best way to stay alive was to hop in the opposite direction when they heard it!

Might play this one next time.
:confused: on second thoughts it'd probably cause a mass extinction event as they all jump down the mineshafts after hearing that.
Two recommendations:
For disco (Ionly heard it in a strip joint)

and of course....

:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am having a hard enough time getting used to the reading glasses right now. I don't think the Progressives are for at least at this point.

No pressure, just my two cents, in case you need to think about it in future. I hope your readers work out good for you.

I have new sunglasses out for delivery today, with my new prescription. I can't wait to get them. Normally I wear wire-rim specs mostly, but these are acrylic frames, kind of a Ray-Ban style blue and gray, with brown lenses. I like the brown lens sunglasses - seems like it takes the edge off the bright sun better when I'm driving.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Try adding some dried but sweetened cranberries, dried apricots, dates to the diet. These are potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidants. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, pine nuts are also good. I mix up my own trail mix to snack on. Really craving less processed sweets, sugars. Feeling just a bit better. Of course, all the standard disclaimers apply.

My favorite edible anti-inflammatory is turmeric. I go to the Chinese place and get Singapore Chow Mei Fun and it's usually enough for about three meals. I love that damn stuff, and the good thing is that it's just as good reheated in the microwave as it is piping hot in the restaurant.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I went with progressives when they prescribed bifocals, the only prob I ever had was stepping off curbs...learned to look down or I ended up onmy ass..... :giggle:

Well, I guess if yer brain don't teach ya, ending up on yer ass a coupla times will! lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Man I worked my ass off this morning and I feel it now~! Took a nice Hot Shower and going to head out to the Fish Market in a bit. Good thing I took before and after pictures because I see what I cleared out. I was saying I had a few leaves to get out but wound up with 4 Contractor Bags of cuttings.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Two weeks on the road in Baton Rouge with weekend stayover and work sucks. 12 to 14 hour shifts suck big time as well.

Anyway home for the weekend then back on the road to MN again. I'll finally have a week home the first week in May after 8 straight weeks on the road. Oh well, that's my life and I still have a job.

1618669154988.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been outside working on the Flower Beds again this time doing the side and the front plus cut the front lawn. Came in for a Cup of Coffee~!

VU Sponsors